Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Could you imagine him as your co-worker nattering in your ear all day? I'd demand a transfer to another department.

I wonder if he's substitute teaching again? That would be work and he'd get to be the big authority that would go unchallenged by disinterested kids.

• Love 4

Dear Derick get yourself some mental help ASAP.

OR get a real job because it's very evident that being on Twitter all day is not good for your mental health or anyone else's for that matter.

I simply don't understand why you are wasting your life away when your mom actually allowed you to get a real education? I am starting to get concerned for Jill because she can't get away from the life her father set up for her. 

• Love 15

I wonder if he has some serious health issues besides a possible mental illness. Sometimes symptoms of a mental illness can actually be symptoms of a undiagnosed health issue. When was the last time Jill and/or Derick had a complete checkup with blood tests, mental health evaluation etc. etc. etc. I also wonder if Jill ever had her thyroid levels check. When a person is under a lot of stress or burned out, their thyroid levels can go wacky (yes, I speak from experience.) Jesus may be sending Derick and Jill a serious message about their mental and physical health, but they are not receiving it, or wanting to do something about it. Right now I feel like absolutely crap. I know my mind and body are sending me messages something is off aka anxiety and/or hyperthyroid/hypothyroid symptoms. Should I wait until Jesus tries to cure me and pray my symptoms away and read the bible like Derick and Jill would do? No I call the doctor and patiently wait to hear if I need to go in for a blood test or make an appointment before I end up at Urgent Care or the ER. Common sense is the name of the game.

In the case of Jill, she is another one of his enabler. She does not know any better. She has her own issues she needs treatment for, but she is not doing herself, Derick, and their children any favors for not seeking help either. Two parents with possible serious health and/or mental health issues. Sad all around for everyone especially Izzy and Sammy.

Edited by bigskygirl

Derick probably means that time is marked using the date of Jesus' death. As in, it's been 2,018 years since Jesus. Remember A.D. (Anno Domini, or "in the year of our Lord") and B.C. were widely used before B. C.E. ("Before Common Era") began being used more often. That's probably what he's referring to, albeit inarticulately.

To stay on topic of the show...I can't believe how much I used to like Cathy's appearances. I still think Jill calling her "Mom" and being affectionate with her says a lot about Jill's acceptance of her in-laws, when she could have easily given her own family more precedence.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Derick probably means that time is marked using the date of Jesus' death. As in, it's been 2,018 years since Jesus. Remember A.D. (Anno Domini, or "in the year of our Lord") and B.C. were widely used before B. C.E. ("Before Common Era") began being used more often. That's probably what he's referring to, albeit inarticulately.

I the church I grew up in they taught BC meant “before Christ” and AD meant “after death” as in after Jesus’s death. I wish I was joking. I wouldn’t be surprised at all of that is what Derick and the Duggars actually believe. Even if you try and point it out to them they’ll try and spin it that it still coincides with Jesus. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Could you imagine him as your co-worker nattering in your ear all day? I'd demand a transfer to another department.

Wasn't there someone who worked with Derick in Walmart that claimed he had problems with the clothing of female staff?

Apparently he natters about a variety of topics. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

How long before Jill posts on Instagram a picture of Sam/Iz or a #besthubbyever post?

I'm betting on the kids with a pro-life message. Of course, hashtagged #besthubbyever #bestpapaever

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Wasn't there someone who worked with Derick in Walmart that claimed he had problems with the clothing of female staff?

Apparently he natters about a variety of topics. 

Back in the dark ages - like 30 years ago, I had a co-worker that was similar to Derick - he didn't believe that women should work, totally fundie, etc.  I came to work, through the back door, in my jacket with buttons - including ERA, Against abortion-don't have one, Isis, Pagan and proud, etc, etc.  It drove him crazy.  LOL

My co-workers liked that I took the heat and he ignored them.

• Love 13
On 3/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, Zuleikha said:

Does anyone know why Jill doesn't get actual, real training? Is it that she can't do it with a Quiverful-acceptable competent midwife? If she's going to keep attending births, it would seem like she'd want to be able to do the basics! It also would be an acceptable way for her to bring in income (that her family clearly needs!)

She went to fundie school aka Duggar school. 

On 3/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, Zuleikha said:

Does anyone know why Jill doesn't get actual, real training? Is it that she can't do it with a Quiverful-acceptable competent midwife? If she's going to keep attending births, it would seem like she'd want to be able to do the basics! It also would be an acceptable way for her to bring in income (that her family clearly needs!)

She went to fundie school aka Duggar school. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

I think you mean the First Amendment? (Not being a jerk, honestly asking. I kinda have hysterical amnesia about the constitution after being forced to recite the preamble over and over again in front of my entire class in grade six. We had to recite it until we got it right and I kept messing up that damn last sentence. Ordain, establish, who cares what order you say them in?)

I grew up on Schoolhouse Rock!

• Love 12

I scrolled back and didn't see a discussion on this...this Derick section is so involved that I could miss it. 

I read that Jill entered Izzy in a beautiful child contest and the prize is $350.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Catfin said:

Aren't you supposed to post good pictures in photo contests? He's cute, she looks deranged, ready to snap. Perhaps already 'round the bend?

Who needs a cute photo when you have thousands of leghumpers who will flood a small, unknown contest? 

Edited by Bitter Betty
  • Love 18
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Strange picture. Jill looks nuts with the scissors in her hand and of course her ridiculous expression. 

For any who can’t view it

95790A75-8199-4BC1-AF8E-053E5DBDA020.jpeg

What a great picture:  Jill caught in the act of shooting the bird.  How precious!

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I  had to sent a tweet to Derick about the stupid contest. Are they desperate for money they have to use their two year son. And teaching a two year old about economics and civil law. Seriously...

This probably doesn’t fit Derick’s definition of exploitation.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I  had to sent a tweet to Derick about the stupid contest. Are they desperate for money they have to use their two year son. And teaching a two year old about economics and civil law. Seriously...

How the hell els is he going to understand the Baruch semeiar hel, sit though in homeschool kindergarten.

edit: I meant  bankruptcy seminar. Dyac!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

They shouldn't be allowed in the contest because the leghumpers will make sure they win.  Not everyone has a fanbase like that.

However, if they do win, Izzy will have earned more in a year than Derick.

But Derick will still see that as one of his many "jobs". His work in getting Izzy entered into the contest no doubt counts as employment in his mind.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She should have just entered a picture of Israel. Why did she have to be in it, and Sam in the background hanging from the doorway? (I can never think of the name of those things!)

Because she has to prove she is the best mommy in the whole wide universe since Derelict has been going off the rails big time. It is all about showing the heathen world they are all fine and dandy aka image aka damage control. She has been taking lessons from her mother.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, Portia said:

I think Izzy stole my sister-in-law's leopard-print top.

Is the book company sponsoring the contest? 

It's a Tuttle Twins contest. No doubt the self-proclaimed "Mormon anarchist" self-publishes. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

How the hell els is he going to understand the Baruch semeiar hel, sit though in homeschool kindergarten.

edit: I meant  bankruptcy seminar. Dyac!

For a minute I thought you were talking about a Jewish blessing we used to sing sometimes in the Episcopal church choir I was in in high school (Transliteration: Barukh ata Adonai Eloheinu, melekh ha'olam, hamotzi lehem min ha'aretz. Translation: "Blessed are You, LORD our God, King of the universe, Who brings forth bread from the earth.") But then, that's JEWISH so, you know, not the right kind of Christianity.

5 hours ago, Mollie said:

What a great picture:  Jill caught in the act of shooting the bird.  How precious!

I zoomed in to Sammy's head on the ground and he is STILL wearing hand mittens!  At practically a year old!

Good grief, those Tuttle twins books are getting 5 star reviews on Amazon. There's even one about the economy. "Izzy, can you say bancruptcy"

If this is all they've got, none of these children will grow up to be readers. I guess they never heard " reading is FUNdamental". 

We had a lot of the Dr.Seuss books, and there is a lesson in each of them. My kids, and grands loved them and all are avid readers. There is nothing like a good book to take children to a magic land where they can use their imagination.

I guess the Duggar grands will never experience that, they're not allowed to think for themselves..

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

95790A75-8199-4BC1-AF8E-053E5DBDA020.jpeg

Whoever wanted to start  a gofund me for Jill to get botox - use this photo.  

It's a cute kid contest Jill, that means that just IZZY needs to be in the photo, and the photo shouldn't be kitty cornered, and you look like your off your meds with those scissors like that.  

And is she now trying to say -oh you saw Jessa give her kid a haircut - LOOK I can do that too!  And my kid sits still for it and everything!  

I've noticed in the past few photos of her she isn't doing her normal open mouth pose.  Did someone actually send her a picture of herself and a pic of a blow up doll and say, ahem.  

• Love 5

I looked at the entries in the contest. Putting the books aside, there are some really cute ones. All of them, except Jill’s, have only children in them. I didn’t look  at all of the likes but Jill has over 500, others, 40-50. Looks like they will be doing some Amazon shopping. (The $350 is an Amazon gift card)

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I guess the Duggar grands will never experience that, they're not allowed to think for themselves..

I think a prerequisite for the kids being taught independent thought would be that their parents are capable of such themselves. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Spurge is a beautiful little boy.

Israel is a cute little boy.

Spurge has a personality.

Israel isn’t allowed to have one. 

I could go on and onnnnn....

To stir the pot, someone should encourage Jessa to enter her boys in the contest as well. The Dugger girls just looooove upstaging each other. 

Edited by lulu69
Forgot the evil wah ha ha laugh...
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

To stir the pot, someone should encourage Jessa to enter her boys in the contest as well. The Dugger girls just looooove upstaging each other. 

I dare someone to encourage someone from the Bates family to enter their kids too.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I dare someone to encourage someone from the Bates family to enter their kids too.

Ooh - How about the Browns?  Can you imagine if Jill got beat out by the polygamous Browns for the photo??

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

She's obviously trading on her TV status by ensuring her stupid mug is in the pic. That's so unfair to kids who probably don't have the resources Jill has. She's an ass!

Yea, several people commented on that site that it's not fair for someone that's a reality star, or was, with a huge fan base to be in the contest with regular folks and the tuttletwins responded that it's open to all and if you think Jill shouldn't be there then raise other folks together and vote for someone else.  That irks me.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Yea, several people commented on that site that it's not fair for someone that's a reality star, or was, with a huge fan base to be in the contest with regular folks and the tuttletwins responded that it's open to all and if you think Jill shouldn't be there then raise other folks together and vote for someone else.  That irks me.

Of course, they are getting free publicity for their books from the Dillards.

• Love 15