Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Derick was his prayer partner via phone and internet for a year

I've been meaning to comment about this.  Does anyone else find it odd that JB was Derrick's virtual prayer partner?  Maybe it was a mentoring type thing?  I have been through various Christian prayer circle type things and usually you are matched up with someone age appropriate.  It's like JB is out stalking the online prayer circuit trying to find husbands for the J'Slaves.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 2

People have recognized the house from a previous episode.  Property records in AR are online so it's a two minute or less Google exercise to get the particulars on the house.  "Gift" is open to interpretation.  It's a house Jim Bob and Michelle currently own.  Whether they are allowing Jill and Derick to live there free, charging rent, intend to transfer the property, etc, only the family members know at this point.

• Love 1

It's like JB is out stalking the online prayer circuit trying to find husbands for the J'Slaves.

I don't believe this to be the case, because last September, Jim Bob told People magazine that he gets a lot of courtships request for his older daughters, but with the exception of Ben the guys were unsuitable. 

• Love 1

I caught a comment Michelle made regarding Jill and Derek's engagement.  She mentioned that it wasn't surprising that Jerek got engaged before Benessa because Jerek are older and more ready to settle down.  This sort of confirms my suspicion that Ben and Jessa may have quite a long courtship.  I don't think Jim Bob will give his permission to get engaged until Ben gets a few more miles under his belt and can support Jessa independently. If you look at Derek and Josh, both have/had a job with income and a house or plan for a home.  That seems to be pretty common in fundy land.  Ben has a less than impressive work history and he's too young.  He hasn't been an adult long enough to prepare some of those things.

• Love 1

I wonder how long of a commute to Walmart headquarters Derick will have. Since they are not moving nearer to where Derick is working, I hope that this means that Jill will continue her lay midwife training. It looks like she is pretty close to finishing it.

20 acres?  Parcel that up and sell it!  What the heck would they need that land for?

My first thought was that AND that's where all Bin's father's prefab housing would go. I always thought JB had his eye on that family business.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was watching the news earlier, and someone was interviewing a man who was part of a group of people trying to prevent Wal-Mart from building a new store in New York City? He said the family who owns Wal-Mart donate and support right wing organizations who are anti-gay/lesbian and want to stop illegals coming into the country. Funny Derick works for an organization that may have the same ideals the Duggars have.

Edited by bigskygirl

I'm thinking maybe some of the facts about the kitten house have been twisted and beaten to a pulp by the internet. I'm not sure it has 20 acres and I'm not buying that the $95,000 house was attempted to be sold for $1.5 million. $150,000, sure, I could see that. 

• Love 5

At least Dill's new house isn't a prefab on the Duggar compound. That was my fear, that the J'Slaves would just end up in homes on the same property as their parents. This way, Mullet's housekeepers and child raisers would be within shouting distance when Mullet can't handle doing it herself...or when full blown menopause sets in and she has the nervous breakdown that is surely coming down the pike.  I'm glad that Dill is at least far enough away that someone has to get in a car and drive to see them. I'm hoping that Jana uses the Dillard house to get the hell away from Mullet.  Jana can use Jenny as the reason that she has to keep driving over to Jill's. "Jenny wants to go see Jill. We'll be back....later."

• Love 5

JimBoob probably brought the house at auction for $95, 000.  I cannot see why Derick and Jill need 20 acres of land. Who will take care of the land and the taxes will not be cheap. I saw an ad in my hometown paper for a house and 15 acres for $299,000.00

I looked at property records and did not find any houses with anywhere close to 20 acres of land in their name. Most of the properties were listed as "commercial" rather than "residential." I know we don't want to print addresses here, but I'm really curious. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction?

Expect a Dill baby announcement before the end of the year. I hope Jill waits longer than the four long months that Anna did. That always infuriates me when she says that. So you waited four months? Big freaking deal! It takes some couples years to get pregnant. Stop being a selfish twit, Anna!

They put a huge importance on baby making, though. I haven't been married that long and people (well-meaning) always seem to ask when the first baby will show up. I can't imagine how pressured Anna felt when she got married to have a baby right away with JB and J'Chelle plus every Duggar offspring breathing down her neck about it. 

• Love 2

I saw a rerun the other day from season 11, I think..and Jill was helping to deliver a baby. The midwife said then that Jill had been working with her for 2 years and had about 3 more to go...so I wonder, how much longer does Jill have now to finish..maybe 18 months? Hopefully they can hold off a little while before they'll have kids of their own so that she can actually finish her education. 

• Love 1

She can finish her education but after the first kid comes along, she will saying good bye to her career. She might get lucky if she can find a baby sitter because she cannot bring her child(ren) along with her when she goes to deliver babies.

She can finish her education but after the first kid comes along, she will saying good bye to her career. She might get lucky if she can find a baby sitter because she cannot bring her child(ren) along with her when she goes to deliver babies.

With 18 siblings ( I know some are still very young) and his mom and her parents, it seems like they have lots of built-in babysitters.

Ah, thanks. So it's the one listed as in foreclosure?

If you go back to this past weekend on the Jerick thread at FJ (in the Duggar subforum), all of the information is posted there.

• Love 1

I finally got to watch the proposal episode. I really like the way Jill is so at ease and open about being in love with Derick. I like that she says he's her favorite person in the world and she's not embarrassed by her feelings. I've always thought the Duggars are all so self-absorbed and "in love" with their family and being Duggar, so it's good to see that Jill is head-over-heels in love with an "outsider."

• Love 4
(edited)

Three months is NOT a long time! (courtship)

Does anyone else think JimBob and Jill going to NEPAL to meet Derrick was crazy? My husband said, Wasn't there anyone closer than Nepal? Lol!

Edited by maraleia
changed name to Jill
  • Love 2

Don't ya know Jill was in love with Derrick after speaking with him using Skype? with her parents in the room while he was overseas. She had to go to Nepal because she met the love of her life.

And can I just say how frightening it is to think that they consider that normal?  My parents would have me committed if I told them I wanted to fly half way around the world to meet some guy I had decided I was in love with via Skype.

• Love 7

Well, it's confirmed that they're going to live in the Cat House. A new pic today from the house shows a stairway through the kitchen entrance, which matches up with screengrabs from the Kittens and Konstruction episode.

I saw the county listings for the property. Boob did indeed try to get 1.5 mil for the property after renovations and brush removal: a permit was found in JD's name to clear the brush - and do a burn? not sure how that works in that part of the world.

And can I just say how frightening it is to think that they consider that normal?  My parents would have me committed if I told them I wanted to fly half way around the world to meet some guy I had decided I was in love with via Skype.

They didn't find it normal though.  All the girls were like "even for a Duggar... this is crazy."  Which I thought was nice that they (a) acknowledged it was crazy, and (b) acknowledged that a lot of the things that they don't consider crazy, other people do.

and do a burn? not sure how that works in that part of the world.

In this part of the world, LOL it would mean there was an extreme amount of brush. Instead of hauling it or burying it, he got a permit for a controlled burn on the property.

I wonder how long the property was on the market?

I didn't understand why she had to fly to Nepal to see him when he was coming home in a few months. She couldn't wait? Plane tickets are not cheap, but I guess if the show wants to pay for it...

• Love 1

In this part of the world, LOL it would mean there was an extreme amount of brush. Instead of hauling it or burying it, he got a permit for a controlled burn on the property.

I wonder how long the property was on the market?

LOL, burns are illegal in CA, especially now during a severe drought. Burning went by the wayside for environmental reasons, mostly, in the 70's.

Boob had the property on the market for about 6 months. Going from memory, it went up for sale around 8/12 and off the market around 2/13. The document I saw also had the initial sale price, which is why the upsell was so astounding!

I didn't understand why she had to fly to Nepal to see him when he was coming home in a few months. She couldn't wait? Plane tickets are not cheap, but I guess if the show wants to pay for it...

Ratings and to prove the girls are courting and can get married.

1.5 million for a house and 20 acres. A little greedy are you JimBoob. I am scared at the thought of John David being allowed to do a burn. He should not be allowed to have matches.

Part of the answer is definitely "because ratings" no doubt. But I wonder if another part of it is because Michelle and Jim Bib were worries about Jill? If part of their whole courting deal is that it's supposed to protect their heart, here Jill is saying she's in love with someone she never met - sounds like a pretty vulnerable heart to me. So maybe they wanted Jill and Derick to meet because if it wasn't going to work, they wanted her to know sooner rather than later, so that she didn't damage her heart more and make her less suitable for future matches. If for some reason the meeting hadn't gone well I'd be willing to bet we never would have seen it - maybe they would gave just focused on the birth center stuff or maybe they would have tried to keep the whole trip out of the show. But I can definitely see the trip as a kind of crap or get off the pot situation - they didn't want Jill getting any more emotionally invested unless it was an official courtship, and they had the money so why not?

(edited)

I caught a comment Michelle made regarding Jill and Derek's engagement.  She mentioned that it wasn't surprising that Jerek got engaged before Benessa because Jerek are older and more ready to settle down.  This sort of confirms my suspicion that Ben and Jessa may have quite a long courtship.  I don't think Jim Bob will give his permission to get engaged until Ben gets a few more miles under his belt and can support Jessa independently. If you look at Derek and Josh, both have/had a job with income and a house or plan for a home.  That seems to be pretty common in fundy land.  Ben has a less than impressive work history and he's too young.  He hasn't been an adult long enough to prepare some of those things.

That seems like a pretty good plan. They shouldn't marry until they are able to support themselves. I would and did request my daughter wait to marry until she finished her education and was employed and could care for herself. Now, that is clearly different because the Duggars don't encourage the girls to be self sufficient......sigh.

Edited by psychnurse
(edited)

TLC probably paid for the trip to Nepal.

Josh was given a car lot and his grandmother's house, and Derick has a college education, a job, and a house from his future father-in-law. Derick, in some ways, is more self sufficient than Smuggar is. Joshie may pretend to be independent, but he does not want to give up the Golden Goose aka the Duggar name and TLC.

Edited by bigskygirl

I, for one, think Jill is absolutely beautiful and would have no problem finding a man based on that (and if it were only based on that, it would be the wrong man). Beyond that, she strikes me as a kind, caring, and pleasant person, albeit a bit immature. She makes for excellent wife material in the Duggar circles. I will cut Boob some slack here and say he genuinely wanted Jill to be with an equally kind and pleasant person who could potentially support a large family and didn't farm her out based on looks.

First time poster!

• Love 12

In my opinion, Jill acts more like a teenage girl with her first major crush instead of a young woman in love who is about to be married. I just hope Smuggar will not attempt to shove his tongue down Anna's throat at the wedding or try to explain his expertise on marriage to the Jill and Derick.

In my opinion, Jill acts more like a teenage girl with her first major crush instead of a young woman in love who is about to be married.

She was never allowed to have any contact with boys as a teenager, so it stands to reason she'd behave more or less like most of us did when we had our first crushes.  Its more like puppy love, but with Derrick being more mature and experienced in real life, hopefully Jill will grow and have a good life with him.  I think she's a pretty girl with a lovely smile, and I've enjoyed seeing her so happy.  I just hope Jana gets to have the same experience soon so she can stop having to mother all those younger Duggars.

• Love 2

It is strange to me as to why Derick would accept a house to rent from Jim Bob and not rent his own place for he and Jill to remain "independent" of the "father in law", etal. Also, Derick works for WalMart, a real corporation, which obviously doesn't employ only like minded religious people. He works with the general public like the rest of us do. So, I would bet a tater tot casserole nugget that Derick's family is "regular Christian". Why oh why would he tackle this nutty family and their belief system? I would pay money to hear from Derick's mom about what she really thinks about the Duggars and her son "marrying up" with them. I doubt she will say anything uncomplimentary publicly. I still hope she dances with Derick at the wedding....I'd pay MONEY to see that. (Close up on JB and Michelle please".)

• Love 2

It is strange to me as to why Derick would accept a house to rent from Jim Bob and not rent his own place for he and Jill to remain "independent" of the "father in law", etal. Also, Derick works for WalMart, a real corporation, which obviously doesn't employ only like minded religious people. He works with the general public like the rest of us do. So, I would bet a tater tot casserole nugget that Derick's family is "regular Christian". Why oh why would he tackle this nutty family and their belief system? I would pay money to hear from Derick's mom about what she really thinks about the Duggars and her son "marrying up" with them. I doubt she will say anything uncomplimentary publicly. I still hope she dances with Derick at the wedding....I'd pay MONEY to see that. (Close up on JB and Michelle please".)

The thing is I don't think there will be anything to dance to, no dance music of any sort, not even the Hokey Pokey.

• Love 2

Ok mbutterfly, the Hokey Pokey reference had me giggling like a little girl. Only in the alternate Duggar universe could that come out sounding off-color! Or just my silly mood...

No, I kind of meant it funny that way. Everything innocent sounds off-color with the Duggars (like frontal hug. 

• Love 1