Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 3/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, ChristmasCandy said:

Of course it had internet.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:55 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure it did. And if or when it did, Jana and Michelle controlled who had access. Not saying the FF didn't figure out a way to access it, just saying it wasn't handed to him on a platter.

JB&M may have mishandled the aftermath of Scandal #1, but they did try. Its not like they wanted Josh to do what he did, or to do more. 

A bit late to this reply but regarding the internet: Michelle herself said they had "access" to the internet. However, it was very heavily guarded with lots of filters that banned all unsuitable websites (probably around 99% of what is out there). It had to be appropriate and could not conflict with their fundie/Gothardt beliefs. 

I just don't think it ever occurred to her that Josh was smart enough to beat the system and probably beat it every single time he was given a chance to spend unsupervised time on the internet.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

A bit late to this reply but regarding the internet: Michelle herself said they had "access" to the internet. However, it was very heavily guarded with lots of filters that banned all unsuitable websites (probably around 99% of what is out there). It had to be appropriate and could not conflict with their fundie/Gothardt beliefs. 

I just don't think it ever occurred to her that Josh was smart enough to beat the system and probably beat it every single time he was given a chance to spend unsupervised time on the internet.

Josh probably helped set it up as the family tech guy.   Which means he knew how to get around it, or OOOOPS, its not installed in this one computere.   We know he found a way around Covenant Eyes.   

And of course, they had internet, that's how the kids did their schoolwork after awhile.   Surely M wasn't taking time away from her Starbucks and being joyfully available to actually TEACH her children at the actual dining room table.

• Like 18
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ha, “beat it”… yes, I’m 12. 😁

• LOL 20
18 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

In Touch is reporting that the $50,000 Josh was supposed to pay in restitution has still not been paid even though it was supposed to be paid "immediately" following his sentencing. 

You mean JB was supposed to pay? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Looks like JB washed his hands of the FF after the guilty verdict. That's on brand for him. 

Apparently, but he is still supporting Anna and the kids. I doubt if the Kellers are. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

According to the judges statement, Anna & Josh were not hurting for money.

I think that Anna has enough to feed and clothe her kids. No clue why the debt hasn't been paid though, although as I noted above, JB appears to have gone MIA. Housing his grandkids is something else entirely. 

• Like 10

Perhaps all the moving of money between LLCs didn't impress the judge.  It may have been moved from Josh's name to Anna's, but it is still in Josh's immediate family.  Unless Josh blew through it all, or hid money elsewhere, there should be money in Anna's LLCs. I would be surprised if she knows anything about her finances,  and that she just signed some papers as ordered.  I think JB and his lawyer still have control.  I'm sure any knowledge of family finances is strictly the headship's job.

• Like 9

Anna's llcs all had/have a financial firm listed along with anna. Western Ridge Financial. Not the usual duggar acct, but I bet a sweet friend of jb's is in charge there.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
14 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Isn't that lawyer friend of JB's co-manager of all Anna's LLCs? 

Yes, I forgot about that.

Anna dissolved a bunch of llcs all at once. She has two currently, ALB Investments llc and Homefield Properties llc, that have Anna and Travis Story listed.

She still has one, Glasglow Drive llc, that has Anna and Western Ridge both listed as Owner/Incorporator

• Useful 4

The BOP has an Inmate Financial Responsibility Program. It’s basically to set up a payment plan. It’s voluntary, so he’s not necessarily doing it, but he could be. The payments can be very low (a minimum of $25 each quarter) so perhaps what is being reported isn’t exactly correct. It may not be paid off, but it could be in process. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Found this ( I closed it before copying the website)

How long is the time to pay back restitution?

Under federal law, the government can pursue unpaid restitution for 20 years after release from prison. Per the Department of Justice, restitution judgments are in effect and enforced for 20 years after the period of a person’s prison term.

• Useful 15

I mean, any of us could have told In Touch or People that Anna's situation is very difficult at this point. So I do trust this "source" on that, at least.

• Like 7

Seeing the absolutely sickening clip of Anna’s dad’s sermon posted on WOACB explains a lot about why Anna is the person she is. She was raised by a horrifically small minded, uneducated bigot. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Seeing the absolutely sickening clip of Anna’s dad’s sermon posted on WOACB explains a lot about why Anna is the person she is. She was raised by a horrifically small minded, uneducated bigot. 

I saw it. His views on slavery are, at best, delusional. What sick, sad people who believe similarly.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5

Anna's the one who couldn't hide her disgust towards the staff at the Ethiopian restaurant or the congregants at a Black megachurch. Her father spouting racism isn't at all surprising.

• Like 14
  • Sad 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

For those like me who could not stand to give clicks to Ms. Balls, I found a piece about it on the Daily Beast: https://www.thedailybeast.com/anna-duggars-dad-mike-keller-gives-bonkers-racist-sermon-on-slavery

I suppose it is not a surprise that Anna's dad is an incoherent racist POS but it is still startling to read.

I heard about it on FJ. The sermon was posted on Fairpark Baptist's YT as of yesterday. I'm still angry on behalf of everyone Pa Keller offended. That's a whole lot of people. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Yikes I figured his comments were pretty awful but hadn't read them until now. That's somehow even worse than I'd imagined.

Am I correct this was at David Waller's church? They reference a David Weller married to his daughter in the article, but I'm assuming they're as bad at ID'ing fundies as The Sun was at Josh's trial. 🙃

• Like 13

Racist pig.  Dumb as a fence post.  

38 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

The thing is, if this stupid bastard had humbled himself enough to get even a third grade education, he would know that there’s a reason why April 16th is a holiday in the District of Columbia. It’s because the enslaved Africans who actually built this city were emancipated on that day in 1862, prior to the Emancipation Proclamation. And those same enslaved Africans who he says never marched on Washington had plenty of protests while they were building this city for free. They were beaten, jailed or killed for it. Some brought lawsuits against their enslavers who were mostly in neighboring Maryland and Virginia and “rented” their captive human beings out for extra cash. Not to mention teaching enslaved Africans to read was illegal. Bible or not.

Someone on Reddit said he looks like an uncooked ham and now I can’t unsee it.

Great post!  

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Wonder what David thinks about all the bad publicity his FIL brought to his church. I see on the churches FB page there are some responses on unrelated posts and in the mentions. They are correcting the mis-information and pointing out the bigotry. They are requesting the church admit the sermon was wrong and racist.  It is just a few but the story seems to be spreading. Isn't that the church the Spivey's attend?  Hilary better rush to David's defense. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sadly, there are plenty of folks pushing this same agenda. I'm guessing the church will stand by him.

Definitely Jinger’s new cult leader McArthur fully agrees and pushes the same agenda. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

Wonder what David thinks about all the bad publicity his FIL brought to his church. I see on the churches FB page there are some responses on unrelated posts and in the mentions. They are correcting the mis-information and pointing out the bigotry. They are requesting the church admit the sermon was wrong and racist.  It is just a few but the story seems to be spreading. Isn't that the church the Spivey's attend?  Hilary better rush to David's defense. 

Yes, this is the Spivey's church. I'm surprised that Hilaria hasn't come out, guns blazing. 

• Like 9

One interesting thing about this is that the Duggars and close-to Duggars have done a much better job of disguising their attitudes towards racism than, say, the Bateses. I've always inferred that they are, because that's the circles they run in, but in the TLC days they managed plausible deniability. I'm almost glad the ugly is showing now. 

• Like 16

I am not surprised that David believes Josh is capable of providing spiritual guidance to ANYONE. I’m also going to point out that none of Josh’s adult siblings would write a letter for him, but his brother-in-law said this drivel. 

• Like 21
  • Sad 1

Pecanman and the FF were BFFs prior to marrying the Keller sisters. Pecanman is an, I was saved at age 3, kind of Fundy. His family is just as nuts(lol) as the Kellers and Duggars. They've all been taught White straight men are good, all others are inferior.

• Like 22
  • Mind Blown 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Shit is coming out from all corners. This is from Gothard survivor Emily Elizabeth Anderson.

When she was telling her story about Gothard and the male assistant who witnessed Gothard groom her, my first thought it was David Waller.  Now people are adding this to comments on the church's FB page.  The comments are on non-related reels.  Hillary had better get on this. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7