Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This should be the entire family's worst nightmare.

Okay, he's a big dog in forensics.  If they didn't look for remote access, I'm going to retract that about him.

2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Those out there assuming all gig workers are uneducated /undereducated peons who can’t get anything better are likely those of the laptop class who were fortunate enough to continue to work from home and collect their regular paychecks during the pandemic. Usually WHILE using apps to get their own food and groceries delivered. There are many highly educated gig workers. Some have disabilities that don’t allow them to get “regular” jobs. Many found themselves having to stay home with their kids during the pandemic and needed work with absolute flexibility. 
 Topic - I also applaud Derrick for proudly doing honest work.

I'm trying to save up for a house. I've considered doing this kind of work and I'm one of those privileged enough to work from home, though I didn't because I like my lab.  Nothing wrong with doing anything legal to pay the bills.  But seriously, this is a stab at Derrick being a shiftless layabout, who floats from thing to thing with no career in sight. 

• Love 4

Okay, for WOACB's behalf, let's talk passcodes/words.  I do NOT need your password to get into your computer,  UNLESS it's a newer Mac or it's encrypted with something like BiTlocker. And Chromebooks.  So 98% of the computers come into my lab, I remove the hard drive and image it and I have your info.  The Prosecutors weren't going after Matthew because he knew the password to the computer and didn't give it to them, which stopped them from getting into the computer.  They were upset that he was changing his testimony for the defense. 

With phones, we can and do break into your iPhones regularly.  Yes, there are some that we can't get into right now, but we usually break the passcode, if given time.  It all has to do with if the phone is powered on and has been opened with the passcode once before you got the phone.  That is easier for us to break.  Most cell phones we can get into without problems.  Not giving us your iPhone passcode but backing your phone up to your computer makes us VERY happy.  That's how they got the phone info that places Josh behind the computer while the files were downloaded.

Just in case KJ reads here.  You don't know much about computers, dear.  

• Useful 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Okay, he's a big dog in forensics.  If they didn't look for remote access, I'm going to retract that about him.

I'm trying to save up for a house. I've considered doing this kind of work and I'm one of those privileged enough to work from home, though I didn't because I like my lab.  Nothing wrong with doing anything legal to pay the bills.  But seriously, this is a stab at Derrick being a shiftless layabout, who floats from thing to thing with no career in sight. 

As someone who worked on the side while going to grad school full time (including an unpaid internship 3 days a week), it’s the opposite of being any kind of layabout. You’re busy every moment of the day when not sleeping. And in Derrick‘s case, he did all that while also having a clingy wife and 2 small kids. 

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I thought Austin’s license was suspended? My understanding is that he is not that competent in building as he portrays himself. If he was such a great provider Joy wouldn’t be Promoting merchandise  on SM.

Austin's license was expired for a bit, but has since been renewed. I suspect he is working the new duggar money making scheme along with Jase and Josiah (who each hold the same license, as does Jeer) their llcs and dwain swanson's llc  have snapped up a bunch of vacant lots in Bella Vista for between $2,000 and $15,000, slapping up cookie cutter type houses and then Joe "lists" them for $350,000 to $400,000. though they most often say pending the first day listed.

I can find no properties in austin's name other than the house they live in and none in the names of his 2 llcs

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CandyCaneTree said:

She never said anything about her trauma that is why she needs to go to a therapist

Didn’t say anything to whom? We really don’t know how Joy has addressed her past. How do you know she hasn’t seen a therapist? Or even feels the needs to?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Austin's license was expired for a bit, but has since been renewed. I suspect he is working the new duggar money making scheme along with Jase and Josiah (who each hold the same license, as does Jeer) their llcs and dwain swanson's llc  have snapped up a bunch of vacant lots in Bella Vista for between $2,000 and $15,000, slapping up cookie cutter type houses and then Joe "lists" them for $350,000 to $400,000. though they most often say pending the first day listed.

I can find no properties in austin's name other than the house they live in and none in the names of his 2 llcs

He is also involved in their Mediccorps scam. He has in no way separated himself or Joy from this family’s shady businesses.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

He is also involved in their Mediccorps scam. He has in no way separated himself or Joy from this family’s shady businesses.

agree - and he either bought a plane since forming his Skybound Aviation llc or is flying the duggar planes registered to Jeer's llcs. Not long ago, Joy posted a pic of the little girl "visiting dad at work" it was clearly at an airport next to a small plane.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

That is probably the saddest thing I've read here.  That these people may not care that children were being abused just appalls me.

I just had a horrible thought. Since they think abuse victims somehow bring it on themselves and/or are chosen by some sick-ass God to undergo torment and build character- would they think that the victims in the CSAM somehow…”deserve” it????

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

image.png.d8a7c2638fca1b9bcffa40fcd240c5b4.png

that appears to be Robby Spivey behind Justin. I know Hilaria was mentioned as being there, but I just realized that was Robby trying to be all manly and have facial hair. Maybe it was already mentioned, if so sorry, but dang there were a lot of posts today.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Certainly could be, but Austin seems to be able to avoid Josh. One day could be anything, two days looks more intentional to me.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, maybe? 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The court was then shown a cache folder for Tor of recently used downloads.

A document on the Linux side showed Josh Duggar's name and address and the Sun reporter noted June 22, 2019.

The court was shown thumbnail files where child sex abuse images were found.

Only the jury was able to see photos presented.

• Useful 12
  • Love 4

I don't think anyone specifically knows how long the trial will last, but based on what the prosecution said before the trial and the number of witnesses who have testified so far, it sounds as if closing statements may happen at some point in the middle of next week.

I don't know how long the jury deliberations might take, though. 

• Useful 6
13 minutes ago, quarks said:

I don't think anyone specifically knows how long the trial will last, but based on what the prosecution said before the trial and the number of witnesses who have testified so far, it sounds as if closing statements may happen at some point in the middle of next week.

I don't know how long the jury deliberations might take, though. 

If it was us we'd be like 'we don't need to deliberate, we good'

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

Don't read the Sun article about the CSAM content. Don't. I wish I had seen people's warnings before I had clicked through to the link. You have to be some kind of unredeemable, evil, monster to go looking for what Pest had on his computer.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Don't read the Sun article about the CSAM content. Don't. I wish I had seen people's warnings before I had clicked through to the link. You have to be some kind of unredeemable, evil, monster to go looking for what Pest had on his computer.

thanks for the warning. i was watching WOACB and she gave a trigger warning and i bailed on her live . she was in tears saying that a VERY small child (being generous here friends) had been involved in what he was viewing. my mommy heart and my over-reactive brain cant take that sort of stuff. 

Is there any non-tabloid type reporting of the trial that is commenting on how they think it's going for the prosecution? We know how things look to a jury isn't always what is obvious to people with background and information not in the courtroom. 

2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is there any non-tabloid type reporting of the trial that is commenting on how they think it's going for the prosecution? We know how things look to a jury isn't always what is obvious to people with background and information not in the courtroom. 

There's a local reporter who is writing some nice in-depth stuff late at night but he is not providing any analysis. I really wish we had a better source than The Sun for the live updates. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Explain technical terminology, people! A lot can ride on that! (rant rant rant! -- it drives me crazy that people use specialized definitions that they have to know will mislead people in situations like this where it's so important!) 

Agree.  I recall the most effective testimony (along with the video) in the Chauvin trial came from the pulmonologist Dr. Martin Tobin who used common English terms and demonstrated with his own neck, why George Floyd died because he couldn't breathe, not a drug overdose.  We heard the jurors leaned forward, intent on every word.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

Two local reporters seem to be doing a pretty decent job covering this on Twitter:

C. C. McCandless (@cccmccandless on Twitter)

Anna Darling (@AnnaDarlingTV on Twitter)

Thing is, unlike the Sun, they are following the rules, so they only update during breaks and lunch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Valerie said:

If only the jury saw the horrifying thumbnails of the CSAM that Sex Pervert download, did the expert witness describe what was there? If so, did Anna stay this time and listen to what that sick demented asshole she's married to likes to watch?

I'm totally going to judge any of his family that is at the hearing and still willing to talk to the skeevy pervert.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

If only the jury saw the horrifying thumbnails of the CSAM that Sex Pervert download, did the expert witness describe what was there? If so, did Anna stay this time and listen to what that sick demented asshole she's married to likes to watch?

I'm totally going to judge any of his family that is at the hearing and still willing to talk to the skeevy pervert.

Yes, the prosecution witness testified to the specifics, so everyone in the courtroom heard about the content, even if they didn't see it.

I had the misfortune to read the Sun article, and without going into triggering details, it's even worse than what was originally reported. 

If any Duggar supports Josh or allows their children near him after this, then they're truly a lost cause. And if I were Derick there's no fucking way in hell I'd make small talk or sit next to Anna. She's just as deranged as her pathetic husband. 

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, quarks said:

Two local reporters seem to be doing a pretty decent job covering this on Twitter:

C. C. McCandless (@cccmccandless on Twitter)

Anna Darling (@AnnaDarlingTV on Twitter)

Thing is, unlike the Sun, they are following the rules, so they only update during breaks and lunch.

Yeah McCandless is the one who's writing some pretty decent stuff late at night. They're worth the wait for. He's the one who had the details about all the delays yesterday. 

• Useful 2
31 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Or leaves the courthouse with a big grin on their face like they've just left a sports arena after their team won.  I don't know which Duggar or Duggar related hanger on was pictured upthread doing that but knowing now what was shown and discussed makes that picture even more repugnant.

Listen I get it that they may genuinely believe Smuggar is not guilty - but that doesn't change the nature of the crime he is accused of, or the content of the imagery.  Anyone truly innocent or truly supportive of someone they feel has been unfairly charged should be absolutely heartsick and horrified over this not acting like it's a big joke.

According to Reddit, Justin and and Claire (and Hillaria) are very right wing Q crazies, so now I think they’re there to support Josh. They probably (like Anna) believe that the government  is persecuting them  😐. All disgusting.

They also theorize that Derrick may be there to give support to Anna, in hopes that she may leave Josh some day. Also, someone had a great point in theorizing that Derick is sitting next to Anna so that when Jill testifies, she will be looking straight at him, while also appearing to be looking Josh straight in the eyes.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Or leaves the courthouse with a big grin on their face like they've just left a sports arena after their team won.  I don't know which Duggar or Duggar related hanger on was pictured upthread doing that but knowing now what was shown and discussed makes that picture even more repugnant.

Listen I get it that they may genuinely believe Smuggar is not guilty - but that doesn't change the nature of the crime he is accused of, or the content of the imagery.  Anyone truly innocent or truly supportive of someone they feel has been unfairly charged should be absolutely heartsick and horrified over this not acting like it's a big joke.

Not to defend the photo which was bizarre and immature but it was taken prior to the CSAM photos being shown and discussed. Reddit seems to think Justin and company left for good after that photo of Justin was taken so they didn’t stay to hear any of the actual horrible things Josh did.

Edited by lampshades
Clarity
  • Useful 11
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Sure seems like a lot of employees for a dinky tollbooth “business.” There weren’t enough family members to handle it?

He wasn't an employee.  He earned some commissions for driving cars here and there.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That doesn’t seem to be what the defense has been saying.

He would still get "paychecks" but to be an employee there would be W4's and W2's.  Perhaps in order to dumb down the language for the jury they're treating it as a "paycheck" instead of a commission check, because it really doesn't matter to anyone except the IRS.  From everything I have read the only proof of employment was a check.  I could be wrong, but my husband runs his own brokerage business and is self employed, a little more complicated than gig work *Which is what this sounds like*, but essentially the same thing.  I could be wrong, but I have heard of no evidence of W4s or W2 for the Waller moron.  I could be wrong, I just think it's an important distinction.  It's just another way to run things shady.  

Edited by Meow25
I'm a moron and can't spell after 10 at night
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5