Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, quarks said:

Meanwhile, I see that the defense is still focused on the cell phones, and like....defense, I know you don't have much to work with here. I get that. But this fixation on what federal agents did or did not do with the cell phones has seriously not been working out for you. Maybe focus a little less on these cell phones and a little more on their owners.

The witness needs to say "I didn't examine your phone either, but then we are only looking at people of interest who are suspects".  It is NOT LE's job to do anything more than say "he's not a person we are interested in due to the FACTS."  It's like that time on Law and Order where they spent the first four hours of the show tracking down why the guy who wasn't in town during the murder and showing why he wasn't a suspect.   GEz.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Can't say I'm impressed much with the defense, which is great mind you because I want Smuggar behind bars, but I don't think I'd hire them.

JB got the best his money could buy. 

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m still sad there is no Jayden Duggar!

Off-topic, but I'm going to have a new great-nephew within the next week or so (my niece is due to be induced on 12/10, but baby is making his own moves right now).

His name:  Josiah.  😐  I find Josiah Duggar to be one of the least offensive Dugs (I think?  Who knows?), so there's that I guess.

But I'll love my Josiah anyway.  🙂

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Can't say I'm impressed much with the defense, which is great mind you because I want Smuggar behind bars, but I don't think I'd hire them.

You could resurrect OJ's dream team and he isn't getting out of this. But Jim-Boob is too cheap to pay for more than your bargain-basement attorneys.

• Love 6

"Josh Duggar seemed in high spirits as he spoke with his wife Anna, brother-in-law Derick Dillard, and his younger brother Justin Duggar at the courthouse today, according to a reporter for The Sun at the trial."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Josh Duggar seemed in high spirits as he spoke with his wife Anna, brother-in-law Derick Dillard, and his younger brother Justin Duggar at the courthouse today, according to a reporter for The Sun at the trial."

This is also a publication that called Derick “dapper”….so it could be anything to a conversation full of laughter and back pats to Josh said “good morning”and they responded in kind

• Love 5
Just now, Trillium said:

This is also a publication that called Derick “dapper”….so it could be anything to a conversation full of laughter and back pats to Josh said “good morning”and they responded in kind

Certainly could be, but Austin seems to be able to avoid Josh. One day could be anything, two days looks more intentional to me.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wouldn't the Feds need warrants to search the "employees'" phones, if they didn't voluntarily hand them over?

Yes, though in this case the witnesses did hand over their phones.

That's part of why this OMG THE CELL PHONES is just so mind-boggling. These witnesses all voluntarily handed over their phones. The federal agents did a quick search of the apps and the data, and didn't find anything there. And handed back the phones.  When the defense squawked, the prosecution did more digging, and as a result was able to find a solid alibi for one of the cell phone owners and a pretty good alibi for the other one. 

As a defense strategy this seems pretty counterproductive.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wouldn't the Feds need warrants to search the "employees'" phones, if they didn't voluntarily hand them over?

They apparently gave verbal consent to search, because they did go through them looking for anything that might be incriminating and found nothing.  So, no TOR installed, no BitTorent program.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Question about shilling in general; not just Joy and bluetooth speakers.
Who are these girls “influencing?” They aren’t *remotely* celebrities.
I could see Meryl Streep endorsing a particular cake pan….*that* would be influencing. But nothing these backwoods barefoot babes “like” could possibly “influence” anybody.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I don't think Sex Pest smirked, I think he just had a regular expression. The smug pervert has smirk down so good he could probably patented it.

But lordy, does he look aged. By the time the trial ends he'll more like Grandpa Duggar than JD Duggar.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

He looks like someone FaceTuned him about 20 years. Serves the fat fuck right. 
ETA: CouchTater beat me to it.

6C915E9E-0E1F-43B9-81E6-66210924D899.jpeg

He looks like a sleazy dirt bag... which he is. He is rotten inside and it’s leaking. 

• Love 15
22 hours ago, hathorlive said:

There are literally videos on YouTube that show you how to get on the dark web and how to install TOR.  We find videos that big time ring leaders send to street thugs about how to install TOR to commit identity theft.  So, no, it's not hard to install a LINUX partition and yes, Josh had his own Audio/Visual room filled with tech stuff.  Ewwwwww. I don't even want to know what he was doing in there.

You can download the TOR browser from the Google Play store.

• Love 1

Joy-Anna Duggar's husband Austin Forsyth was also at the trial again today.

He sat alone in the back not talking to anyone, according to The Sun reporter at the courthouse.

However, Austin did interact with Derick Dillard and Justin Duggar after the hearing ended.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Might be that "it's very sad" statement was about what's happening to Josh.

23 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Question about shilling in general; not just Joy and bluetooth speakers.
Who are these girls “influencing?” They aren’t *remotely* celebrities.
I could see Meryl Streep endorsing a particular cake pan….*that* would be influencing. But nothing these backwoods barefoot babes “like” could possibly “influence” anybody.

They have numbers on their side, though.....

When companies look for influencers, if you have a million followers -- as Joy does -- or considerably more than that -- as Jessa, Jingle, etc., do -- then they know that even a relatively low level of attraction and engagement by those followers is likely to produce some tangible results.

With a million followers, if only one tenth of one percent of those people click or swipe up or whatever on your post, the thing you're pushing is gonna get a thousand hits/sales/download/ad-views. So if having you as an infuencer doesn't cost a business much (and doesn't have an obvious, major PR downside or something) they're gonna want you as influencer because 1000 extra sales or even views are hard to come by. 

And even a lot of major celebrities don't have the numbers of followers that the Duggarling sisters do......So the Duggs may make up just in pure numbers what the others have in terms of actual influence......

i see Meryl Streep has under 600 K insta followers. So she and a Duggar sister might actually be fairly comparable in the attention and business they generate. Streep probably gets a much higher percentage of engagement and such. But she's getting a higher percentage of a considerably smaller number................They're probably getting a considerably lower percentage of a much higher number...........It may well average out. 

Your number of followers matters as much or nearly as much as your fame/power, really, it seems. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I am more leaning towards Derick wanting to be “lawyer-ish” and insert himself into the situation as much as possible. They all have an over inflated sense of their importance. Austin seems more like my husband, socializing is a bare minimum and no small talk, and when there’s a task, he’s 100% focused on that and really tunes everything else out. 

that is entirely possible. 

I still say we aren't going to know what side Austin is on. He seems a man of few words and doesn't seem to have such an ego as the others. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I tend to agree. These people are experts at projection. 

There has to be a reason this cult believes sexual abuse and molestation happens in most families. With their perverted and repressive ideas and fixation in sex, it wouldn’t be surprising to me that many cultists end up twisted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

Totally shallow, but Josh has the Duggarest of Duggar hairlines.  

He looks like crap today.  Despite his forced bravado I think the possibility of being convicted is starting to sink in.

I hope. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

If Jill is testifying for the defense it will be interesting to see how they try to play this.  There is really no doubt, as the judge himself ruled, that the molesting happened.  Will they try to handwave it away a la Duggar and make it a boyish mistake and none of the girls were affected by it?  Seems like a risky move to me if so.  And if they try, now, to deny that anything ever happened - wow - does that open a door for the prosecution to come in with more evidence then they might have been allowed to take into court before?

There is no way that Jill could possibly help the defense.  She has admitted to what Josh did, he has admitted it, a half dozen other people have.  She can offer up the excuse that it happens in most families or they were asleep or it was only over the clothes like they did in the Megyn Kelly interview but, there is no way to change the facts; Josh touched underaged girls repeatedly starting at a young age.  There is no way to mitigate it and I expect the defense is going to probably just let the prosecution examine her and let her go without any defense questions.  She is poison to Josh' case and his lawyers know it even if Josh doesn't.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

6 MINUTES AGO

AUSTIN FORSYTH COMFORTS JOY-ANNA DUGGAR AT TRIAL

Joy-Anna Duggar sat at the back of the courtroom with her husband Austin Forsyth today, according to a Sun reporter at the trial in Arkansas.

The reporter revealed she looked distressed and Austin was seen comforting her with his arm around his wife.

According to a Sun reporter at the trial, Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth walked out of the courtroom fast without speaking to their family when lunch break was called.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I get the feeling that most of the Duggars don't particularly care what happens to Josh, specifically, but they do still care about their family image and what having a convicted felon for a sibling would mean. They're careful with their public statements, but I think every one of those Duggars and adjacents sitting in the family section and chatting with Anna and Josh are there as a sign of family solidarity.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, CandyCaneTree said:

One good thing is that the M kids don't go to a real school.  They wouldn't be able to get away from the taunting kids. If SmugAnna won't tell the kids the truth then they will be able to find out the truth on the internet. 

Yes, at the end of the day there are 7 kids with shitty parents who are totally innocent in all of this. They’ll need someone other than Anna, JB and MOTY, even if that’s Derick and Jill or Austin and Joy. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I wonder if Jim Bob asked all the kids to attend the trial to show family support.

I wouldn't put it past him, but if he did and then can't bothered to make an appearance himself, he's an even bigger than asshole than we already knew. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, CandyCaneTree said:

I wonder if Jill testifies will they bring up the Megan Kelly interview where she said every family has a child molester in the family to downplay what he did? 

But their defense is he didn't do it and it's not his, so it doesn't seem like that would help his defense. Their strategy isn't to say it's no big deal--it's to say that law enforcement zeroed in on him and didn't investigate other explanations. Never mind all the technical evidence that clearly places Josh as the one doing it. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's why I'm rolling my eyes at all the Redditers who think Jill and her new hair can't wait to storm the court and go scorched Earth on Josh. 

Speculation and projection regarding the siblings and in-laws, who they might be supporting, why they're sitting where they're sitting in the courtroom, who they greet/don't greet, why they've colored their, etc. is nuts.  I'm loving the legit updates and educated guesses, not loving the knee-jerk reactions and runaway speculation.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Speculation and projection regarding the siblings and in-laws, who they might be supporting, why they're sitting where they're sitting the courtroom, who they greet/don't greet, why they've colored their, etc. is nuts.  I'm loving the legit updates and educated guesses, not loving the knee-jerk reactions and runaway speculation.

Yeah short of someone making a statement saying they are there to support Josh, the only relatives whose presence I take as an absolute given in support are his wife and his parents because they have made that support very clear. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I wouldn't put it past him, but if he did and then can't bothered to make an appearance himself, he's an even bigger than asshole than we already knew. 

Is Jim Bob allowed to attend if he's on the witness list? Or did the judge dismiss him?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ElsieEm said:

Oh, Joy. She was very very young when she was victimized, and probably repressed a lot, especially since the family line beaten into her was that it was no big deal. Maybe she didn't even have a real sense of what had happened to her until 2015? This is probably very overwhelming for her. I hope she can find some decent support outside the family 

She should talk to Jill and get a name of a great therapist to help her. 

• Love 15