Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 7/18/2021 at 10:39 PM, Cinnabon said:

She might be. That all depends on how their income and taxes have been reported, etc. Are there any assets in their names?

they took any assets out of joshs name a while ago there were some things in annas name

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, sue450 said:

they took any assets out of joshs name a while ago there were some things in annas name

All the LLCs are in Anna's name, some also with their lawyer or accountant, or someone who isn't a Duggar.

• Useful 2
On 7/26/2021 at 8:32 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

That's the $64,000 question. 

yep he never married and never had  any kids...but somehow he is an expert on marriage and child rearing  (not!)

• Love 13
On 7/27/2021 at 2:30 AM, GeeGolly said:

Isn't Gothard more or less fired at this point? While he likely had charisma, I think what he was promising is what brought folks in, and now others including the Bates and Wallers continue to shill the promise, as do the Duggars. 

In a video I watched, a guy was explaining why his parents bought into the bullshit. In addition to a first class seat in heaven, their pitch included creating a problem free wholesome family that made Beaver Cleaver's antics look almost criminal.

I can see why young couples or new families could fall for the promise and I'm guessing the ones that stay ignore the many red flags as they crop up, much like others who get sucked into cults.

yes he was fired...he always hired the prettiest females to WORK with him......,a bunch of them found the courage to sue his ass.....he had the nerve to tell one of these women who told him he father   sexually molested her as a child that she was to thank her father  because it made her spiritually stronger (barf barf barf)

14 minutes ago, sue450 said:

yes he was fired...he always hired the prettiest females to WORK with him......,a bunch of them found the courage to sue his ass.....he had the nerve to tell one of these women who told him he father   sexually molested her as a child that she was to thank her father  because it made her spiritually stronger (barf barf barf)

I'd never heard that particular canard. That's just disgusting.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'd never heard that particular canard. That's just disgusting.

from what i remember when josh had to confess in the church....they threatened the shave a

girls head (  not any of his 4 sisters but the babysitter  he molested)  he finally caved.....can you imagine that poor young lady...gothard rule woman must have long curly hair...if they shaved her head it would have been SUCH A TRAUMA  to that young lady 

Edited by sue450
10 hours ago, sue450 said:

from what i remember when josh had to confess in the church....they threatened the shave a

girls head (  not any of his 4 sisters but the babysitter  he molested)  he finally caved.....can you imagine that poor young lady...gothard rule woman must have long curly hair...if they shaved her head it would have been SUCH A TRAUMA  to that young lady 

Yes, but shaving her head would have made her "spiritually stronger".  

Any adult who embraced and stuck with this Gothard crap for years was/is at least vicariously enjoying his hateful, condescending. tyrannical sadistic shit, in my opinion.

And in most cases anybody who hung around the "leaders" of this group, like the Duggs, were/are all probably also trying out some of it -- or more likely a lot of it -- non-vicariously on the poor schmucks over whom they had/have power. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Hockey Addict said:

I feel bad for the custodians of Smuggar. Now they're going to have him for Thanksgiving too.

However maybe there daughter getting a courtship makes it tolerable?

No offense to David Keller, but I'd ask for a refund. I'm not sure anything would make Josh hanging out in my house and me having to be his nanny worth it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Hockey Addict said:

I feel bad for the custodians of Smuggar. Now they're going to have him for Thanksgiving too.

However maybe there daughter getting a courtship makes it tolerable?

Anna and the kids will probably be over too.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks Anna may be trying to feel out if the Reber's would be long-term help to her should Josh "go away"? If their daughter is going to become a Keller, they'll be connected to Anna beyond the time Josh needs them. The home may not be big enough for them, unless they get a trailer on the property, but babysitting and stuff maybe.

Obviously, this isn't based on any rumors, just a feeling I have. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Anna may be trying to feel out if the Reber's would be long-term help to her should Josh "go away"?

She LOVES being a Duggar and won't move outside of their sphere of influence for may reason. Even the Rebers are too far out...

• Love 23
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i think anna is fine with where she is - has the warehouse home. kids probably stay lots at the TTH which they can drive over in the golf cart for meals/snacks. population dwindling there, so plenty of dorm space. 3 readily available sister moms and Josie and Kynzie are probably in training. In the last year we have started to see Michael included in things with Tyler and Jackson. Bin teaching school etc

The Rebers can't offer more than that.

I agree. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

This article starts out with a believable premise; I can easily see Anna neglecting her kids to hang out with Josh at the Reber house. In Gothard World, kids always come second to the husband’s needs. And I’m sure that she really does believe that he’s completely innocent. But then it devolves into the usual “Anna feuding with Jim Bob and Michelle” gossip. Also, I’m not sure how David and Priscilla Waller could be providing any significant amount of child care for Anna’s kids when they live in Texas.

I believe the bit about Anna being angry at Mrs. Reber for telling the court she was uncomfortable at having Josh in her house. How dare she! Doesn’t she realize what an honor it is to serve the Duggars in any capacity? Under the sweet-and-simple act, I’ve always thought that Anna is just as arrogant and entitled as her husband and in-laws (or is it “in-loves”?).

I can easily see the first part. Wonder if the Rebers realized they would be taking in two people. As for the kids, this is a time that they need her the most. So if this is all true, she is an awful mother. And if she is staying there, she should shut her mouth and be grateful that the Rebers took in her pervert of a husband and now her. I agree, I think under it all she is an arrogant jerk. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

This article starts out with a believable premise; I can easily see Anna neglecting her kids to hang out with Josh at the Reber house. In Gothard World, kids always come second to the husband’s needs. And I’m sure that she really does believe that he’s completely innocent. But then it devolves into the usual “Anna feuding with Jim Bob and Michelle” gossip. Also, I’m not sure how David and Priscilla Waller could be providing any significant amount of child care for Anna’s kids when they live in Texas.

I believe the bit about Anna being angry at Mrs. Reber for telling the court she was uncomfortable at having Josh in her house. How dare she! Doesn’t she realize what an honor it is to serve the Duggars in any capacity? Under the sweet-and-simple act, I’ve always thought that Anna is just as arrogant and entitled as her husband and in-laws (or is it “in-loves”?).

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I can easily see the first part. Wonder if the Rebers realized they would be taking in two people. As for the kids, this is a time that they need her the most. So if this is all true, she is an awful mother. And if she is staying there, she should shut her mouth and be grateful that the Rebers took in her pervert of a husband and now her. I agree, I think under it all she is an arrogant jerk. 

I agree with you both. I could see Anna and JB/Michelle having disagreements, but not for the reason mainstream people think. I could see them disagreeing how best to handle Josh, who should be caring for the M kids, what is going to happen next, how much spending money Anna should be getting. 

I don't think JB/ Michelle "blame" Anna for the situation Josh is in, but I do think they might be pissed at her for not "watching him" more closely. Especially with the technology blocks- JB/Michelle are not old, but its likely Anna knows more about tech than they do. JB may also be angry that Josh was able to deceive him, and Anna is an easy outlet for that.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not just two people. If Anna is really living there, you know she'll expect the Rebers to let her give birth there, to really cement her place.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Not just two people. If Anna is really living there, you know she'll expect the Rebers to let her give birth there, to really cement her place.

I had not thought about that.

• Love 2

I wish I could remember where I read it, but an article (or person) said that at least two of Anna's older children are in Texas with Pris and David.  If so, I'm sure they are helping with childcare.  It must be hard on the children to be separated when they need each other.  On the other hand, they will have new experiences which could help with a tiny bit of growth.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Love 8
Just now, kaleidoscope said:

I wish I could remember where I read it, but an article (or person) said that at least two of Anna's older children are in Texas with Pris and David.  If so, I'm sure they are helping with childcare.

I also recall this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Under the sweet-and-simple act, I’ve always thought that Anna is just as arrogant and entitled as her husband and in-laws (or is it “in-loves”?).

THIS. I have always thought Anna was arrogant and ignorant. She flaunted her status as the wife of JoshUa Duggar and always seemed phony to me.

If Anna is staying at the Reber home, I feel sorry for Mrs. Reber. I hope Mrs. Reber isn't doing their laundry, cooking for them, etc... They wouldn't like it at my house, I would make their lives miserable.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

THIS. I have always thought Anna was arrogant and ignorant. She flaunted her status as the wife of JoshUa Duggar and always seemed phony to me.

If Anna is staying at the Reber home, I feel sorry for Mrs. Reber. I hope Mrs. Reber isn't doing their laundry, cooking for them, etc... They wouldn't like it at my house, I would make their lives miserable.

If Anna is there, she can cook for him and clean up after him. I wouldn't lift a finger. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

I wish I could remember where I read it, but an article (or person) said that at least two of Anna's older children are in Texas with Pris and David. 

There were pictures posted on Facebook of Marcus at some kind of youth activity/ camp at David's church. That was back in late June.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm guessing Mrs Reber prefers having Anna there. She had said she was concerned about being alone with Josh in the home. I think Anna really loves her kids - and Josh. The article is likely completely made up. I'm thinking Anna is trying to balance caring for her kids, seeing Josh and letting the kids see Josh.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
On 8/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, sue450 said:

That’s about as fucked up as it gets.  These people are pure evil.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Mrs Reber prefers having Anna there. She had said she was concerned about being alone with Josh in the home. I think Anna really loves her kids - and Josh. The article is likely completely made up. I'm thinking Anna is trying to balance caring for her kids, seeing Josh and letting the kids see Josh.

I didn't think of that. Anna is like a buffer and can cater to him so Mrs. Reber doesn't have to. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I didn't think of that. Anna is like a buffer and can cater to him so Mrs. Reber doesn't have to. 

I do think with Anna there, Mrs Reber doesnt have to cook for Josh and clean up after him. She is probably more free to do her own thing and not have to interact with Josh as much, which I am sure is pleasing to her. 

I can see Anna splitting her time between the Reber house, her house and the TTH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

By the by, where the hell did Reber's parents come up with the name LaCount?  Rhetorical question, of course.

2 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Same here.  I can't imagine being married to anyone that would allow me to live with that pervert underfoot, under any circumstances.  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

By the by, where the hell did Reber's parents come up with the name LaCount?  Rhetorical question, of course.

I keep seeing a word that I hate every time I see that name. ugh! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

If Anna is there, she can cook for him and clean up after him. I wouldn't lift a finger. 

Anna must be getting heavily pregnant by now.  How about lard ass getting up and doing some stuff for his wife?  I'll be waiting..................and waiting.......................

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Anna must be getting heavily pregnant by now.  How about lard ass getting up and doing some stuff for his wife?  I'll be waiting..................and waiting.......................

You're talking about the ass who took a nap while his wife was in labor because HE was tired.....

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, beckie said:

You're talking about the ass who took a nap while his wife was in labor because HE was tired.....

I remember that. I thought he was a little shit for a long while, (including when he had Anna carry their luggage ON THE HONEYMOON) but that took the cake. She was in labor with their FIRST child and his lazy ass was sleeping. 

• Love 10
On 8/2/2021 at 1:11 AM, sue450 said:

But why would he even care if they shaved the babysitters head? I'm curious as to why that would make him cave. 

• Love 3