Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Isn’t she employed by like five LLCs?  Having all those assets in her name might disqualify her from assistance. Smooth move, Jim Bob.

None of them make any money.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

None of them make any money.

Are their taxes public?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Isn’t she employed by like five LLCs?  Having all those assets in her name might disqualify her from assistance. Smooth move, Jim Bob. 

That might depending on the value plus the presumed free rent and possibly groceries or clothes would be considered in-kind income and would be counted. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Are their taxes public?

It has been discussed here at length that most of the LLC's they all have are for tax purposes. It's also not unusual they can show a loss.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Talk about a downward trajectory. 
 

High school-educated doofus will help you successfully strategize your political campaign. He’s the founder of the company!

Just like Jed!

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

That is a pathetic resume.

Especially considering most of it is essentially fictional.

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I notice he didn’t list his stint with the FRC, the only actual paying job he ever had. And who the hell puts his wedding picture on a professional resume!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I notice he didn’t list his stint with the FRC, the only actual paying job he ever had. And who the hell puts his wedding picture on a professional resume!

I think the LinkedIn is very old. Look at the photo. I'm pretty sure it was written and posted around the time the Smuggars were married, which was also around the time the series started. That would have been around the time being a "reality" star became Smuggar's full-time job. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I think the LinkedIn is very old. Look at the photo. I'm pretty sure it was written and posted around the time the Smuggars were married, which was also around the time the series started. That would have been around the time being a "reality" star became Smuggar's full-time job. 

I agree. I remember looking at Josh's LinkedIn page a long time ago - and I don't think it's changed since then. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I think the LinkedIn is very old. Look at the photo. I'm pretty sure it was written and posted around the time the Smuggars were married, which was also around the time the series started. That would have been around the time being a "reality" star became Smuggar's full-time job. 

Yeah, it's very old. But I love it that he's never had anything else on it -- after his very  pretentious start in professional life as a video producer and political consultant way, back. when. 

That's what he and his parents and the members of their church that they convinced thought Josh would be. He'd start with those pretentious things as a teen and then go up up up....Because he;'s the firstborn of and thus especially blessed by the God of JB and Meeechelle. And he's gonna rule the world. That's what they thought. 

And look what's happened since.....

They really should seriously rethink their view of themselves, their cult, all their beliefs and their childrearing. But it looks like they never will. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I notice he didn’t list his stint with the FRC, the only actual paying job he ever had. And who the hell puts his wedding picture on a professional resume!

That is truly bizarre 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, it's very old. But I love it that he's never had anything else on it -- after his very  pretentious start in professional life as a video producer and political consultant way, back. when. 

That's what he and his parents and the members of their church that they convinced thought Josh would be. He'd start with those pretentious things as a teen and then go up up up....Because he;'s the firstborn of and thus especially blessed by the God of JB and Meeechelle. And he's gonna rule the world. That's what they thought. 

And look what's happened since.....

They really should seriously rethink their view of themselves, their cult, all their beliefs and their childrearing. But it looks like they never will. 

These cult families are full of sheltered, uneducated 20 year olds claiming to be “counselors” and “consultants.”

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

She's probably eligible now if you consider Josh hasn't worked in months - assuming he ever worked and brought in a real income of course.  I can't see the Duggars supporting the idea of her going on public assistance though - they want to give the illusion of wealth and they also want to give the illusion of being a caring family.  That wouldn't really jibe with Anna having to collect money from the government.

I could see them taking money for assistance from the government. They never stopped at taking money, perks, etc. from being on TV. I'm sure they panhandle for "love offerings" when they do or did speaking engagements.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lurk said:

I could see them taking money for assistance from the government

In some way they are all self -employed, so I'm pretty sure they have been collecting unemployment and applying for every small business loan they can get their hands on.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

When is Anna due? Do you think they will even announce the birth publicly?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

When is Anna due? Do you think they will even announce the birth publicly?

I believe Meredith was born in between Scandal 1 & 2. I don't think they announced her birth, although Anna did still post. Anna then went radio silent for six months after Scandal 2.

  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Anna then went radio silent for six months after Scandal 2.

So there’s hope she goes radio silent permanently if Volderjosh is convicted?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

55 minutes ago, SMama said:

So there’s hope she goes radio silent permanently if Volderjosh is convicted?

Hopefully!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

When is Anna due? Do you think they will even announce the birth publicly?

All she said when the announcement was made was that she was due in Fall 2021. So we could be waiting anywhere from 2-5 more months. 

They announced on April 23, and already knew it was a girl, so someone can maybe figure out how far along she would have had to have been at that point, and do the math from there. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

When is Anna due? Do you think they will even announce the birth publicly?

I can see JB and M announcing a new grandchild. Passive aggressive announcement.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I can see JB and M announcing a new grandchild. Passive aggressive announcement.

It’s all about the numbers for them. They don’t give a crap about the babies.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I can see JB and M announcing a new grandchild. Passive aggressive announcement.

Along the lines of “our 11th granddaughter in a row” 

After Anna, no other pregnancies announced yet? Come on JB needs some more boys!

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder what Josh the biggest passive slug does daily… besides napping and eating 

I just picture him on a couch hands down his pants watching tv and eating pizza

I cannot believe Anna sleeps with him. I’d be physically sick just having to look at his face.

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, christine falls said:

All she said when the announcement was made was that she was due in Fall 2021. So we could be waiting anywhere from 2-5 more months. 

They announced on April 23, and already knew it was a girl, so someone can maybe figure out how far along she would have had to have been at that point, and do the math from there. 

i would guess she was close to 5 months at the time of the announcement. that would  put her due about end of august/early september. that's my guess.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Anna will go give birth on the Rebers couch. Or toilet. So the perv can be present. 

Edited by Spazamanaz
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I wonder if Anna will go give birth on the Rebers couch. Or toilet. So the perv can be present. 

As long as it doesn't interfere with his naptime.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I wonder if Anna will go give birth on the Rebers couch. Or toilet. So the perv can be present. 

OOO.  The Reber's toilet.  Please let her have another toilet birth.  

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

As long as it doesn't interfere with his naptime.

Josh will argue that court rules prevent him being in the room with Anna, since she's about to give birth to a child. Then he'll go take a nap. And the Rebers will have to deal with it instead. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Josh will argue that court rules prevent him being in the room with Anna, since she's about to give birth to a child. Then he'll go take a nap. And the Rebers will have to deal with it instead. 

Heaven help their bathroom & their couch!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

In one of Jessa's birth videos (I think part 3), when they are in the hospital, listen to Boob in the background. He mentions something about "2/3rds of the way there" which I thought was a reference to the fact that Jessa now has 4 kids which is 2/3rd of Josh and Anna's 6 kids.

And then, in the shot where Henry is holding Fern, listen to Boob and to whoever Boob is talking to. I wondered if that other voice was Josh. Josh appeared to me to have the thickest southern accent of all of them, much like the other voice on the phone.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Josh appeared to me to have the thickest southern accent of all of them, much like the other voice on the phone.

To me it sounded kind of like a (somewhat deep voiced) woman on the phone...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I highly doubt Josh would be granted permission to go to a hospital.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I highly doubt Josh would give 2 shits about Jessa having a baby.  He’s probably at home watching Toddlers and Tiaras.

Edited by zenme
  • Like 17
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Josh barely cares about his own kids, I doubt he has any interest in seeing Jessa's latest spawn. That would be the case even if he wasn't legally restricted from being around kids.

The only reason Josh would interested in sneaking over to see Jessa's baby would be the childish thrill of breaking the rules and proving that no judge can push him around.

  • Like 18
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

With the serious issues Josh has at hand, I also doubt he cares anything about Jessa's baby....just another one added to the pile of nieces and nephews and GRANDCHILDREN for his parents. Judging by Josh's actions and choices he has made after marriage is a clear indicator to me that he could not care less about the impact his "pass times" and actions would have had on his wife and the lifetime scars, embarrassment, financial and emotional effects they would have on his children.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

If Anna is pawning off her children on others so she can spend almost every night with Josh, it should give lie to the speculation in the tabloids that she would ever consider divorce.  She's gonna stand by her man, folks. 

  • Sad 15

Share this post


Link to post

Good Lord this story reminds me of elements of Bastard out of Carolina. And unfortunately, in that book, the mother chose her husband over the kids! Or at least the older kid.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Good Lord this story reminds me of elements of Bastard out of Carolina. And unfortunately, in that book, the mother chose her husband over the kids! Or at least the older kid.

I absolutely love that book.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question.  Does Gothard teach that a spouse is more important than a child?  Is a wife supposed to support her husband, even if it means not caring for her children?  Just looking from the outside, I get the impression that the children are of less importance as people.  Numbers matter, but not individual children.  If this is the case, I can see Anna sticking with Josh, even if it is not the best situation for her children.  But then, I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, iwantcookies said:

I cannot believe Anna sleeps with him. I’d be physically sick just having to look at his face.

Oh, I'm sure Smugs has some great ideas through his years of "research" on how this (sex/not looking at his face) can be achieved.

Just sayin'. And gaggin'.

  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, drafan said:

Oh, I'm sure Smugs has some great ideas through his years of "research" on how this (sex/not looking at his face) can be achieved.

Just sayin'. And gaggin'.

My mind's eye right now:

785497891_tenor(1).gif.643924d8b7736b9c51333bc6f18e9645.gif

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have a question.  Does Gothard teach that a spouse is more important than a child?  Is a wife supposed to support her husband, even if it means not caring for her children?  Just looking from the outside, I get the impression that the children are of less importance as people.  Numbers matter, but not individual children.  If this is the case, I can see Anna sticking with Josh, even if it is not the best situation for her children.  But then, I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Gothard absolutely prioritizes marriage over kids. His logic is that you can't be good parents if you don't have a good marriage.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have a question.  Does Gothard teach that a spouse is more important than a child?  Is a wife supposed to support her husband, even if it means not caring for her children?  Just looking from the outside, I get the impression that the children are of less importance as people.  Numbers matter, but not individual children.  If this is the case, I can see Anna sticking with Josh, even if it is not the best situation for her children.  But then, I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Yes, the books I’ve read and experiences I’ve had indicate that the marriage comes first. The husband-wife relationship takes precedence to children’s needs. Even the needs of newborn babies. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Yes, the books I’ve read and experiences I’ve had indicate that the marriage comes first. The husband-wife relationship takes precedence to children’s needs. Even the needs of newborn babies. 

So the M's are basically all alone in this mess.  Josh gets the attention of his wife, and the  kids don't get the attention of their mother.  Nice.

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post

Gothardism also seems to treat children as if they were little robots, acting and feeling just like their parents tell them to. No dissent from the party line or having your own feelings. So those kids are going to take their orders from Anna and probably think that Daddy is being persecuted. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Guidelines for the thread:

Charges have been made public that specifically name possession of Child Sexual Abuse Material, discussion of charges are allowed. However, discussion of victims, or possible victims (and their identities) related to these charges are NOT ALLOWED
We are not here to provide content for ghoulish rubbernecking- there is no need to discuss the graphic details related to these charges, the moderators are not going to police posts for graphic content- posts will be removed and violators will be warned. Do not attempt to circumvent this guideline with spoiler tags.

You MAY discuss the 2015 scandals, and any statement a NOW ADULT victim has made public as previously instructed, but speculation on unnamed victims or minor victims is NOT allowed. 

Jokes, asides, memes etc regarding the sexual assault of anyone, INCLUDING Josh Duggar are not allowed.

As of May 10, 2021: Please respect the privacy of the Reber family, discussion of their social media postings, public statements to the press/court testimony are acceptable. Discussion of their activities on their property, their schedule, where/how they run their errands not acceptable. Again, discussion of social media/court statements/public statements to the press- FINE, "So and So saw the Rebers standing in their yard/grocery shopping/getting gas"- NOT fine. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size