Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

150 dollars? Is Boob paying her to stay with Sex Pest because we know neither have a job to afford boots like that. 

She probably found the boots at a consignment store, and she’s wearing them because they’re red, to match the 4th of July theme.  JMHO

• Love 5

I will say that Anna's kids always look clean and seem to wear clothes that actually fit.  That said, nice grease stain on your shirt, Smugs.  I guess Anna can only do so much - she was probably exhausted from wrastling the chicken leg out of his hand so they could get their picture taken and didn't notice the stain.

Also Mackenzie's painting during Lolli's Craft Hour was actually quite good.  Too bad she'll have the creativity squashed out of her by the time she's a teenager.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Those are super-popular in the South. They're called Matilda Jane, and not cheap. I never have understood why people go so wild over them, I think they're ugly.

There are knock-off brands of MJ that aren’t that expensive, and true MJ clothing can be found at most children’s consignment store.  I think Anna buys all the children’s clothes at consignment stores.

• Love 1

Guarantee those boots are from a thrift store.  Just like Jessa's boy wearing a Polo t-shirt.  Nobody in that group buys new and retail unless it's a wedding dress.  Even then, it's subsidized by PR and/or filming.   

The Vuolo's buy new, but they hit the outlets.  Their duds are usually designer, but almost never the current season.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Why does Anna look so different?  The crooked tooth is fixed?  She had work done?  She is older?  something is different.

Anna did Invisalign several years ago. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also Mackenzie's painting during Lolli's Craft Hour was actually quite good. 

I wanted to comment on that at the time, but I wasn't 100% sure which girl it was.  Anyhow, the fruit in her painting actually looked like fruit, and I was super impressed by that.  She has some talent. 

• Love 3

Say what we will about Anna, but within the culture her kids are being raised in, her kids have it better than many. Much better than her kids' nieces, nephews and cousins. They appear to get something close to real school (thus far), they're clean, fed real meals, and who knows, they may even go to bed at a reasonable time.

• Love 7

Yep, Anna was taught the housekeeping and parenting skills she would need within the Gothard cult. I think she is getting her contentment through being the best mom she can be, since Sexpest tarred her with his sins and everybody in their cult thinks it's partially her fault.

People I know with Hunters will die in them or at least pass them on to the next woman in the family (read as steal them from the house before the corpse is cold).  They would never get to a thrift store.  

• LOL 9
14 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Yep, Anna was taught the housekeeping and parenting skills she would need within the Gothard cult. I think she is getting her contentment through being the best mom she can be, since Sexpest tarred her with his sins and everybody in their cult thinks it's partially her fault.

And yet she still needs her mothers little helper?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Nysha said:

More than partially. It's always the woman's fault, in this case because she wasn't joyfully available whenever Smuggar wanted sex. He seems to be a horndog. Anna must be exhausted. 

44 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

And yet she still needs her mothers little helper?

That's part of female parenting in the Gothard world. Mentor your younger female relatives and raise your own daughters to know their place in the world. I'm sure she gets a great deal of satisfaction when Mackynzie and Meredith takeover a new household/parenting task.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Say what we will about Anna, but within the culture her kids are being raised in, her kids have it better than many. Much better than her kids' nieces, nephews and cousins. They appear to get something close to real school (thus far), they're clean, fed real meals, and who knows, they may even go to bed at a reasonable time.

I agree. I’ve mentioned before I always admire Mac’s hairstyles.

I would love to get a hold of Snarky Anna and find out what she thinks of Jessa and Jill’s “this is real life y’all” posts or their parenting and homekeeping in general. 

• Love 1

My theories on Anna's fancy boots:

(1) She's got JB's balls in her purse because of the Clown Prince's epic misbehaviors, and gets paid big to keep sweet and stick to SexPest with huge public displays of loyalty and a regular schedule of pumping out babeez.

Or:

(2) She gets "love offerings" from "sweet friends" aka leghumpers who follow her on social media and send her stuff.

Or, both of the above.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She probably found the boots at a consignment store, and she’s wearing them because they’re red, to match the 4th of July theme.  JMHO

I got mine from Sam’s Club for a discounted price.  She probably did too. Alas, I have huge legs and had to return them for a pair of Joules that hit mid calf. 

They also sold their house for a profit if I remember correctly. She could certainly afford $150 for rain boots. It’s not like she pays housing expenses. And while we’re on the subject, I think she’s a reprehensible person with odious beliefs, but she birthed six of his kids. The least that fat fuck could do is drop a little money on decent rain boots for his wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Hunter had a collaboration with Target last year, so it’s possible she got them there, when they were much less expensive.

If I am not mistaken, they didn't sell any women's boots because the merchandise they received from the manufacturer was poor quality and Target and Hunter decided not to put them in the stores.  They did sell other Hunter products, though.

• Useful 2
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More than partially. It's always the woman's fault, in this case because she wasn't joyfully available whenever Smuggar wanted sex. He seems to be a horndog. Anna must be exhausted. 

I bet Anna was always joyfully available, Josh just knew he could get away with it after all he got away with molesting his sisters. 

(edited)

I think Anna’s mom actually parented her (albeit in the fundie lifestyle), so she knows how to run a household. I think Mack helps out, but I don’t think she’s responsible for the raising like the Duggar girls were. Plus, I think Anna is desperate to keep her perfect fundie family dream alive.  So her kids will always look put together, she’ll post pictures of home cooked meals, there will always be pics of kids reading together, and her house will never look like a garbage dump. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I think Anna’s mom actually parented her (albeit in the fundie lifestyle), so she knows how to run a household. I think Mack helps out, but I don’t think she’s responsible for the raising like the Duggar girls were. Plus, I think Anna is desperate to keep her perfect fundie family dream alive.  So her kids will always look put together, she’ll post pictures of home cooked meals, there will always be pics of kids reading together, and her house will never look like a garbage dump. 

If Anna continues to have a baby every other year Mac’s duties will only grow. She’s only 32, she could have another 5 children easily. But I do agree that Anna seems to have homemaker skills as well as the temperament suited to having a large family. 

I really think if JB& Michelle had been born in a different time or a different culture they would’ve been a childfree couple or had ONE child with a full time nanny. Michelle just isn’t interested in parenting and childrearing which we can see given that she’s checked out and she still has 5 kids under the age of 18!( Jackson,Johannah, Jennifer, Jordan-Grace, Josie) as well as the nephew they are caring for. 

If Anna had been born in another culture I still think she would be into raising children- being a PTA mom etc. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Anna continues to have a baby every other year Mac’s duties will only grow. She’s only 32, she could have another 5 children easily. But I do agree that Anna seems to have homemaker skills as well as the temperament suited to having a large family.

Mac might have some sister mom duties, but as long as Josh and Anna live on the TTH property she will never have to be a sister mom like the older Duggar girls. Home all day with all those younger kids.  They are shown a great deal at the TTH where Jana and Bin are apparently teaching the homeschool and probably Hannie is wrangling the younger crowd much of the time. plus they still seem to have Emily (?) around to help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

and she still has 5 kids under the age of 18!( Jackson,Johannah, Jennifer, Jordan-Grace, Josie) as well as the nephew they are caring for.

Six... Justin isn't 18 until November.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 5:25 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I should have said Anna wasn't joyfully available ENOUGH TO SUIT SMUGGAR. As mentioned, per his OK Cupid application, he has some kinks, including rough sex. 

Oooh, I think Anna was plenty joyfully available. The problem at the time was that Anna wanted to keep getting pregnant and Josh just wanted sex (can't forget his decidedly-less-than-over-the-moon reaction to Anna's positive pee-stick for baby #4, I think. And that conversation they had where he suggested 5 kids would be lots and she thought that would be a good start. ). Now, of course, Josh has been chastened and Anna is controlling their family size. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Please say this isn't blanket training.

Their past and their beliefs tell me this IS blanket training.  A stylish blanket, cute clothes, and tacky bow just makes it look more normal. Those poor kids. 

2 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Their past and their beliefs tell me this IS blanket training.  A stylish blanket, cute clothes, and tacky bow just makes it look more normal. Those poor kids. 

I disagree. Blanket training has the child reach for objects OFF the blanket. They are punished for leaving the blanket. This is supposed to keep them contained within the boundaries of the blanket.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 7/8/2020 at 8:29 AM, irisheyes said:

I think Anna’s mom actually parented her (albeit in the fundie lifestyle), so she knows how to run a household. I think Mack helps out, but I don’t think she’s responsible for the raising like the Duggar girls were.

Didn't someone post that when Mason went missing at the museum in California Anna yelled at Mack for not watching him like she was supposed to, even though Sex Pest and JB were standing right there? Then when he went missing at another function she yelled at Mack and Johannah. So she may not be a full-fledged sister mom, but she's still saddled with more child care responsibilities than her own father is.

• Love 16

Yeah I don't think Anna had all too much say in who she married, and I can't really blame her for marrying Josh to begin with. Where she showed terrible judgment and what I do blame her for is staying with him after he was outed for what he was and trying to pretend like they're some prize-winning family. 

• Love 12

I can even understand staying with him, since she has no marketable skills and a lot of family/religious pressure to stay. But I agree, the constant SM posts pretending he is a good husband and they have a wonderful marriage is all on her. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I can even understand staying with him, since she has no marketable skills and a lot of family/religious pressure to stay. But I agree, the constant SM posts pretending he is a good husband and they have a wonderful marriage is all on her. 

Yes, that's a good point. I think what I find most horrifying about Anna's posts is I feel like she has guzzled the Kool Aid so much that she has convinced herself that their marriage and family is magical and wonderful. And that might be the only way she can cope with it, but I feel like his dead-eyed facial expression in every picture is a more accurate summation of what's going on. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The worst part is that she continues to make babies as if every day is a day in wonderland.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Meredith seems to be Anna's favorite or at least the most featured on Instagram. 

She probably got a lot of special attention in her infancy given that Smuggar was off at Jesus Jail. 

• Love 5

Plus she very pretty and has a natural smile. Mack's at the age she may not want to be photographed all the time, Michael seems very anxious in a lot of his photos, and the 2 younger boys have a lot of Keller in them. That leaves Meredith and Maryella to fulfill the "Happy family/happy kids" media role.

I wonder if her "littleduggars" hashtag means she plans on continuing to have kids until Mack is married off in pregnant?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if her "littleduggars" hashtag means she plans on continuing to have kids until Mack is married off in pregnant?

I'd be shocked if this isn't her intention.

• Love 8