Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

23 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

#bananacurls

baby isn’t in pink and no giant head bow . I like it. Also also all the kids seem actually happy and clean. Unlike the Rod kids who look half starved and terrified and dirty. 

Though I cannot fathom her decision to stay with the sex pest, I do think Anna has the logistics of household management and most parenting tasks down pat much better than her in-laws. With the exception of apparently keeping track of her kids in public.

• Like 13

Anna is remarkably good at keeping up a "wholesome" image. She's meanwhile losing kids in public, had a baby last week, and is married to...Josh (not even going to go into all the problems with that, you all know). Yet she still manages to scrub everyone up for a rosy-cheeked photo ops one after another. I'm seeing now why she was picked as..."a good match" for Josh. She's his perfect match, really.

I find all these people so confounding.

• Like 14

Of course Anna's kids look scrubbed and nice for this photo. Let's not forget that Anna does NOT do it all herself....she has two housemaids at her disposal....McKynzie is old enough to be 'mommy's helper' and the actual 11-12 year old "mommy's helper' that lives with them. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 12

14 hours ago, Zella said:

Though I cannot fathom her decision to stay with the sex pest, I do think Anna has the logistics of household management and most parenting tasks down pat much better than her in-laws. With the exception of apparently keeping track of her kids in public.

Ugh,  except for the part about importing a mother‘s helper who may or may not be human trafficked. 

• Sad 8

9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Of course Anna's kids look scrubbed and nice for this photo. Let's not forget that Anna does NOT do it all herself....she has two housemaids at her disposal....McKynzie is old enough to be 'mommy's helper' and the actual 11-12 year old "mommy's helper' that lives with them. 

We have no evidence that anyone other than Anna's kids live with her and Josh. Considering they live on the TTH grounds, it's possible that girl was staying with JB and Michelle. Or her parents took an extended stay in the area. But the rumor that the girl lives with them is just that.

I agree Kynzie is a mother's helper and that she has help before she take photos. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Honestly, I could have fifty mother’s helpers and would not be willing to go to the Duggar Family Thanksgiving (TM)  literally a day after giving birth, newborn in arms. Nor would I be showing up with bells on to the Monday Family Fun Night Ugly Sweater Party (TM) a couple days later. Hell, I wouldn’t even be with Josh at this point, let alone having more babies with him and cozying up to his mother and sisters. It’s not just that Anna is physically able to scrub up, it’s that she even wants to. It’s not just that she’s a Kool Aid drinker, it’s that she’s enthusiastic about making her own face and those of her children and even (infamous) husband the public face of Gothard — still! And by “still,” I don’t just mean even after all the scandals — that she’s going strong after eleven years is exceptional, period. I find it bizarre but the Duggars picked this daughter-in-law perfectly, considering their goals. Boggles the mind.

The day after childbirth (with the exception of being "unclean" and extra so because she had a girl) Anna is like the ideal Quiverfull wife in all her glory. Of course she's going to go to prove she is the most fertile, recently whelped, in a society that worships only churning out children over money. These are her golden days. I bet you couldn't keep her from showing up with undomesticated equines. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 6

A local teacher here is accused of molesting a few girls. Dept of Homeland Security is asking the public for any details or info on other victims. - So lets hope this Is not it. 

• Useful 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Readalot said:

A local teacher here is accused of molesting a few girls. Dept of Homeland Security is asking the public for any details or info on other victims. - So lets hope this Is not it. 

That kind of rules out the Duggars, unless the teacher was a member of their church.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

That kind of rules out the Duggars, unless the teacher was a member of their church.

Can’t get molested by teacher if you don’t actually go to school

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Sorry for the miscommunication, local to me here in CA. Point being, DHS does investigate child molestation. 

• Like 5

On 12/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, kokapetl said:

I think all the kids look like Anna. They all have the crooked nose. 

Unfortunately 3 have the Duggar eyes   If they didn’t they could pretend they don’t have his genes 

• Laugh 2

On 12/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, Nysha said:

There's a saying "You're only as sick as your secrets." I think the molestation was worse than admitted and that secret has poisoned relationships for the older Duggars, especially with each other. 

I've long suspected that Josh sexually abused Jana on a deeper level than the other girls and that's why they've stopped her from courting. I just can't shake the feeling. Plus I don't know if I can ever recall her speaking or looking at him favorably. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 11

13 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I've long suspected that Josh sexually abused Jana on a deeper level than the other girls and that's why they've stopped her from courting. I just can't shake the feeling. Plus I don't know if I can ever recall her speaking or looking at him favorably. 

I thought Jana was the only one of those girls he didn't molest back then

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Tasya said:

The Duggars didn't keep Jill, Jessa, Jinger, or Joy from dating and marrying. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Duggars didn't keep Jill, Jessa, Jinger, or Joy from dating and marrying. 

True, but he "just" touched them right? For some reason I've always suspected that he did more with Jana. I could be completely wrong but...It's the Duggars. 

• Like 4

Josie all of a sudden looks so much older and not so frail. Possibly because her hair looks styled. I'm guessing this is a photo shoot, not just random photos. 

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Wow--other than the five-head, Josie actually looks like Joy in the first picture. Maybe she is finally growing out of her slightly alien look.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, christine falls said:

Josie all of a sudden looks so much older and not so frail. Possibly because her hair looks styled. I'm guessing this is a photo shoot, not just random photos. 

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

That type of clothing for little girls (with the mismatched fabrics, dresses/leggings, etc) has been wildly popular for the last few years, or it is in KY where I live.  Go into any school/church and you’ll see tons of it.  IMO it’s one of the worst fashion trends ever, but obviously I’m in the minority.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That type of clothing for little girls (with the mismatched fabrics, dresses/leggings, etc) has been wildly popular for the last few years, or it is in KY where I live.  Go into any school/church and you’ll see tons of it.  IMO it’s one of the worst fashion trends ever, but obviously I’m in the minority.

Thank goodness it hasn't caught on here to the degree it has with the Duggars.  Granddaughter has gotten a few hand-me-downs of it and we put them in the play clothes drawer immediately.  Usually she won't even wear them to play in mud.  She either wants tutus or sleek, classic lines.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, christine falls said:

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers??

Mack used to have a much cooler style than her aunts. I wonder if it's a representation of Anna's state of mind. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

16 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers?

My thoughts exactly...

They look like they should be sticking out from under a house. 😲

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

6 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers??

Mack used to have a much cooler style than her aunts. I wonder if it's a representation of Anna's state of mind. 

Maybe Ofsmuggar is letting Mackynzie choose her own clothes (within fundie parameters). She's old enough to choose and old enough to want to express herself through her clothing, like most other preteen girls. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

32 minutes ago, TrixieTrue said:

That is the best I have ever seen Josie look. 

Her hair looks noticeably different.  Different color and much thicker.  Can photoshop do that?  I can't imagine them dying her hair and using extensions.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Her hair looks noticeably different.  Different color and much thicker.  Can photoshop do that?  I can't imagine them dying her hair and using extensions.

Anna probably took the photo with her phone and used a filter app for the faces. Josie usually has shadows under her eyes, as do many people of all ages. They aren't in evidence in those pictures. Just IMO.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

On 12/10/2019 at 12:38 AM, kokapetl said:

I think all the kids look like Anna. They all have the crooked nose. 

Michael is the spitting image of Josh. He's the only one that really resembles the Duggar side. The others are a mixture/favor Anna, especially Marcus. 

17 hours ago, christine falls said:

They all fit in with the odd pillow and carpet combination in the second photo, so there's a theme here. 

16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Maybe it's the LulaRoe influence of putting together random stuff and calling it stylish. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Anyone notice that Josie has darker roots in these photos and her hair looks highlighted. I wonder if they color her hair?

I think she's probably, finally growing out of the white-blond hair she's always had. The photos are heavily filtered, too, and that probably makes a difference. 

Josie is still a lot smaller than the other two. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

18 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I actually think Josie's dress is cute and appropriate for girls

And it fits! I think one of the reasons Josie always looks infantile and slightly alien (to me) is because her dresses are always a size too big and her hair never looks combed correctly. In the first picture, on the tire swing, she looks older and very nice. 

• Like 13

I actually thought it was a sweet picture and video of the girls on the swing, and for once "liked" one of their photos and didn't make a passive aggressive comment.  I think it's neat that the 3 girls are the same age for a few days!  My daughter's birthday is also this week so I'm partial to the litte girls!

I agree, Josie does look a lot healthier and less frail lately.  

The mismatched outfits I believe are dresses that are already like that, not separates that the girls put together.  But even if they did, I"m not into stifling kids' creativity just to have them wear outfits that match.  My kids have always chosen their own clothes, and have gone out mismatched lots of the time.  I was just happy they dressed themselves!

There, now that is probably my one positive comment about the Duggars for the whole year!  Back to snarking.  

• Like 6
  • Laugh 13

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

In the second picture, is that.... barbed wire in the background? Geez. What a metaphor. 

Barbed wire is everywhere out in the country in the US West and Midwest. I come from Oklahoma, next door to Arkansas. Out there, it ain't metaphorical, it's just fencing.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Barbed wire is everywhere out in the country in the US West and Midwest. I come from Oklahoma, next door to Arkansas. Out there, it ain't metaphorical, it's just fencing.

That's what I was thinking! I see so much of it, I only notice when fences aren't made out of barbed wire. Bonus points if it's called bob wire. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Those mixed pattern dresses are in style. Two big reasons are LulaRoe and Matilda Jane. Matilda Jane sells clothes for little girls and adult women.  Joanna Gaines dresses her girls from Matilda Jane. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2