Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

24 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Anna is pregnant again?  This seems to be a yearly production!  How many is that now?

6, I think. I can't even imagine letting that gross, repulsive Josh near me. Yuck! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 12

To whomever asked, Anna is due in the latter part of November. She never gave a specific due date, but someone lined up the Duggar November babies, and Anna's is last. Lauren is apparently due 11/17, so some time after that.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

I don’t watch the show so I don’t know how they pronounce it, but when I see that spelling, I hear MaKenzie Myers from Toddlers and Tiaras in my head.

“My name is Mackynzie, it rhymes with Lindsey” (said by a child who somehow sounded like a 40 year old chain smoker). 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

6, I think. I can't even imagine letting that gross, repulsive Josh near me. Yuck! 

Unfortunately she's doing what's expected of her. Always be available when the sex pest wants it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, EVS said:

I don’t watch the show so I don’t know how they pronounce it, but when I see that spelling, I hear MaKenzie Myers from Toddlers and Tiaras in my head.

“My name is Mackynzie, it rhymes with Lindsey” (said by a child who somehow sounded like a 40 year old chain smoker). 

I know exactly the kid you’re referring to!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Me too, as does their pronunciation of it!

I'm afraid to ask--how do they pronounce it?

To be honest, that's how McKenzie is pronounced in my neck of the woods, or close to it. Not really Ken, but not quite Kin, some kind of lazy slurred 'e'. The same thing happens to Alex.

• Like 4

Anna looks really fit and trim for a woman who is 30+ weeks pregnant. Especially for a woman in her thirties pregnant with her 6th child. She must take effort to keep her weight down.  

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Anna looks really fit and trim for a woman who is 30+ weeks pregnant. Especially for a woman in her thirties pregnant with her 6th child. She must take effort to keep her weight down.  

Well she has to do all the work from what we get to see of their family dynamics. Wrangle the kids even though she's very pregnant. Sex pest is not only a sex pest but also a worthless human being in other areas. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Like 6
  • Sad 6

I think Anna has accepted her lot in life.  I believe she welcomes the sex pest so that she can have another baby, because she's baby crazy.  But she seems like a good Mom.  She probably closes her eyes and thinks of the sweet smell of her next baby when doing Legos with Josh-u-ah.  And I think Josh goes along with the many kids he doesn't really want because it pleases his parents and his wife (in that order).  

• Like 6
  • Sad 11

It's not the relationship I would ever want, but Anna is still better off than the majority of Gothard/Quiverful wives. There is no indication that Josh is abusive, she doesn't have to wonder where she's going to live or how she's going to turn 3 eggs, a package of Top Ramen, and 2 hot dogs into a meal for 7, plus she and her kids get take awesome vacations. I bet whichever sister is married to the overseas missionary would change places with her in a heartbeat.

I say this with the assumption that Josh is not molesting his children.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

It's not the relationship I would ever want, but Anna is still better off than the majority of Gothard/Quiverful wives. There is no indication that Josh is abusive, she doesn't have to wonder where she's going to live or how she's going to turn 3 eggs, a package of Top Ramen, and 2 hot dogs into a meal for 7, plus she and her kids get take awesome vacations. I bet whichever sister is married to the overseas missionary would change places with her in a heartbeat.

I say this with the assumption that Josh is not molesting his children.

That is a good point, but she is still married to a child molester. 

• Like 14

I just saw a headline in Pop Culture that made my heart skip a beat, “Anna Duggar loses her 2 year-old son in L.A.” Seemed they were at a museum and the kid was unaccounted for. However, they found him after ten minutes. Clearly, the publication is trolling for clicks. There ought to be a law against headlines like that.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Hell, even Jim Bob and Mechelle  didn't lose a kid in the airport until he was 4. 

Coffee out my nose.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 15

21 minutes ago, scriggle said:

And they'll probably blame MacKenzie for letting him wander away.😢

She blamed the preteen duggar girls:

SexPest’s wife looked around and then directed her questions at the pre-teen Duggar girls. “You guys were supposed to be watching him! Where is he?” Anna asked, according to the source.

Anna....like watch your own freaking children. 

• Like 14
  • Surprise 9
  • Sad 12

Just now, doodlebug said:

She was probably too busy watching the sex pest, trying to prevent him from fondling the statuary.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Laugh 7

To be fair, I'm not sure I trust the source of that story but from what I read, the little guy was found in Jinger's care.  I think they had a lot of eyes on their kids, maybe too many and someone thought it was okay to take command of him.  It was probably terrifying for Anna (and Josh was probably oblivious), but these things happen.  It's hard to stick together in a big group in a place like that.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

It was probably terrifying for Anna (and Josh was probably oblivious),

While Michelle pointed and laughed.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

While Michelle pointed and laughed.

Or filmed it. We know Jill certainly would have.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I picture Josh having a small small small penis.

Well shit Galaxy, now I need to go watch some cute animal videos to erase that from my mind. Lol

• Laugh 20

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I think Anna will probably have another 5 kids by 40.  

I think so too. Since she got married she’s had kids every odd numbered year. I see them ending up with between 10-12 kids at the end of it all. Assuming no twins. 

• Sad 11

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well shit Galaxy, now I need to go watch some cute animal videos to erase that from my mind. Lol

I have something sweet I'll share in small talk.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's easier to blame the lost girls than to expect Sex Pest to do some actual parenting.

The Sex Pest is only useful for two or three things to Anna. One is impregnanting her as often as possible. He isn't there to take care of them once they're born. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

16 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The Sex Pest is only useful for two or three things to Anna. One is impregnanting her as often as possible. He isn't there to take care of them once they're born. 

I read that as

the sex pest is only useful for two or three minutes to Anna. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 19

32 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I read that as

the sex pest is only useful for two or three minutes to Anna. 🤣🤣🤣

If THAT!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

On 10/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sew Sumi said:

To whomever asked, Anna is due in the latter part of November. She never gave a specific due date, but someone lined up the Duggar November babies, and Anna's is last. Lauren is apparently due 11/17, so some time after that.

That someone was Anna herself. She gave out the order of all the November babies and put herself last. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

On 10/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, scriggle said:

And they'll probably blame MacKenzie for letting him wander away.😢

She's ten. She should be more responsible. 

🙄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 9

11 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

She's ten. She should be more responsible. 

Really. Doesn't she realize that she's going to be a mother herself in eight years? She needs to start learning pronto.

• Sad 15

Yeah, the Duggars Mackynzie sounds indistinguishable from "Kin" to my Northern ears.  As in Amazon Kindle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, the Duggars Mackynzie sounds indistinguishable from "Kin" to my Northern ears.  As in Amazon Kindle.

How else would you say it? Native Texan here.

• Like 3

What exactly does Josh do for a living?  How does he support a soon be family of 8? 

• Like 13

Jim Blob?

Secretly won the lottery?

#littleduggars sigh. The family can populate a small town in 20 years.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What exactly does Josh do for a living?  How does he support a soon be family of 8? 

Apparently he's working at the car lot but my best guess is that Ma and Pa are giving him an "allowance". He was lazy when he was initially working at the car lot. I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed. 

• Like 10