Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I hope Anna is not humiliated. She has done nothing wrong in regard to Josh's stupidity. People cheat all the time, 32 million AM cheaters. I hope she realizes she does not have to hide away from embarrassment. Her husband is the jerk, not her.

I hope she respects herself and her kids enough to leave Josh and move on. 

• Love 8

Someone on Twitter made a fake OkCupid profile, and these are the answers that matched up with Josh' account. It has to be him.

fulu9j.png

His answers make me despise him even more.  For instance - He's happy with his life, atheists can't be moral, and he tells homeless people to get a job.  Get a job Josh.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 14

So if Josh paid $250 for a "guaranteed affair," and there is no evidence of a credit on his credit card statement, does that mean he had an affair?

I hope she respects herself and her kids enough to leave Josh and move on. 

I think it's interesting that people expect Anna to respond in the way that most mainstream people would. despite everything we know about this family. Remember, their whole culture preaches and teaches that women are responsible for men's behavior. The wife is supposed to always be "available" for her husband so that he's not tempted to stray; if he does, it's her fault. So not only won't Anna leave, she's likely blaming herself and wondering what she did wrong.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 7

I would not be surprised if JB and Michelle knew or at least suspected this kind of thing.  They are all so fake.  I wonder if Josh was filling out his AM account info at work.  That may be where he found out about the site.  

• Love 4

So if Josh paid $250 for a "guaranteed affair," and there is no evidence of a credit on his credit card statement, does that mean he had an affair?

I think it's interesting that people expect Anna to respond in the way that most mainstream people would. despite everything we know about this family. Remember, their whole culture preaches and teaches that women are responsible for men's behavior. The wife is supposed to always be "available" for her husband so that he's not tempted to stray; if he does, it's her fault. So not only won't Anna leave, she's likely blaming herself and wondering what she did wrong.

I'm not sure anyone is expecting Anna to behave in any certain way. I just hope she moves on and finds a happier life for her and her kids.

• Love 2

I'm not sure anyone is expecting Anna to behave in any certain way. I just hope she moves on and finds a happier life for her and her kids.

In order to do that, she'd have to overcome the cultural programming she's been steeped in all her life. I think the likelihood of that is fairly low.

• Love 7

I would not be surprised if JB and Michelle knew or at least suspected this kind of thing. They are all so fake. I wonder if Josh was filling out his AM account info at work. That may be where he found out about the site.

Exactly what I was thinking. He's just naive/stupid enough to have a coworker tell him about this site and therefore think it was "safe." And I wouldn't put it past some coworker to set him up in the dog-eat-dog world of politics. It must have grated on more than a few to have the reality TV farm boy end up with the visible job when his only qualification was his parents' sex life.

ETA: Seriously, though...wouldn't you at least have the brains to use PayPal?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 7

My guess is that the Duggs have been madly consulting with Huckabee's PR guy, and right now Josh is sitting down with his ghost writer -- David Waller -- to tell his harrowing story in a book titled "Gay Marriage Made Me Do It."

• Love 13

Huckabee is nothing if not a pragmatic politician. Up until now, he's maintained his relationship with the Duggars and defended Josh because, despite their brand being tarnished by the molestation scandal, they've still been useful to him. But at some point he's going to decide that their liabilities outweigh their usefulness and when that happens, he's going to stop returning their phone calls and riding to their rescue when they get in trouble. He may have reached that point last night.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 4

I'm really disappointed that he spent $250 for a guaranteed affair.  What happened to buy used and save the difference?  That $250 could have been spent buying his new mistress a lot of used stuff somewhere.

• Love 20

I'm really disappointed that he spent $250 for a guaranteed affair. What happened to buy used and save the difference? That $250 could have been spent buying his new mistress a lot of used stuff somewhere.

The affair guarantee is the real kicker here. It shows that he fully intended to use his membership for an affair. If he didn't buy the guarantee, he could have pulled off the "I was just curious - didn't do anything but just look" but that $250 insurance shows that he wanted sex.
  • Love 16

Well, in this case it's more like he was renting used...or trying to.

I really do feel sorry for Anna. The main excuse the apologists have used about the groping has been that Josh was just a kid...oh and THEN he really became a realer than real 100% Christian, so redemption.

If this is true...this is adult, born again, learned-nothing-the-first-time Josh who not only cheated on her, but threw everything in their lives and their families' lives off a cliff in doing so. It's not even like he met someone he clicked with and got carried away...he didn't care who it was.

Anna only thought she knew him and now she's stuck with him.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8

I don't understand the "obligated to have sex with you" question in ok Cupid. People answer yes to that??? I would love to hear the answer to WHEN and WHY exactly someone should feel obligated to have sex with him.

• Love 9
The Josh Duggar Ashley Madison account has to be bogus. He's not that stoopid, people.

The correct answer is: "Yes, Josh really IS that stupid." But we do have some nice parting gifts for our contestants, including the Ashley Madison home game and a year's supply of tater tots.

There's always a chance it's fake but it'll be easy to tell - the proof is in the response; or lack of response.  If it's real there will likely be a looong silence from the entire family.  If it's fake I give them 24 hours before they jump on the martyr wagon - I mean imagine the possibilities, protests that the secular world is out to get them, a re-hash of the original accusations and the "he was just a kid", "it was so long ago", "he got help" excuses, demands for an investigation and prosecution of the person who faked the account.......................They won't get their good name back with the general public but it's a great opening  for sympathy on the fundie circuit.  If it's fake it's their golden opportunity and they will milk it for all it's worth.

But assuming it's real (my personal belief)....I do think their upbringing had a lot to do with it and it's been making me wonder which of the kids, if any, is really ready to be let loose in the real world.  Disclaimer:  Totally not excusing Josh for anything he's done but.................No exposure to popular culture in childhood, no chance to rebel or explore while a teenager, every little thing suppressed - he gets a chance to live in Maryland and DC, away from the family and most important out from under his Fathers thumb.  Suddenly the real world is smacking him in the face - I mean imagine what he started to see just on his commute to work - the magazines on the newsstands, ads on billboards, trains and buses, TV or radios all over the place - not censored for him like when he was at home.  I picture the urges he already had start up in his mind; had plus knowing that nobody was looking over his shoulder so he starts with maybe something like a Playboy, thinking just this once, can't hurt and it's like a kid who only ever ate organic kale being let loose in a candy store.

Side note - Anna's been to Doctors for the pregnancy's but she more sticks to Midwives and people who share her beliefs; she's not a complete dummy but I've been wondering if she really knows what STD's are, the different kinds and the different risks.  Sincerely hope she does or finds out soon and has the nerve to demand being tested.  We don't know if Josh went through with any affairs but any women in Anna's place would be going the better safe than sorry route right now.

Edited by sigmaforce86

I don't understand the "obligated to have sex with you" question in ok Cupid. People answer yes to that??? I would love to hear the answer to WHEN and WHY exactly someone should feel obligated to have sex with him.

You have heard the answer to that, from his parents. Why? The poor thing married him. When? Any time he wants. 

• Love 5

The affair guarantee is the real kicker here. It shows that he fully intended to use his membership for an affair. If he didn't buy the guarantee, he could have pulled off the "I was just curious - didn't do anything but just look" but that $250 insurance shows that he wanted sex.

I could hear it now. "I acted inexcusably..... I'm sorry I ruined my life"

How about try this Josh- I'm an arrogant stupid misogynist adulterer.  Anna and my children deserve better than a scumbag like me.  I single handedly destroyed my entire family's empire.  But to my credit my family's empire was a disgusting hypocritical lie to begin with so there is that in my favor. 

• Love 17

In Joshy-world, Anna is subject to his head(ship) any time he wants.

I was feeling kind of bad about my glee over this... but I realized that I do feel for everyone else caught up in the AM thing, because we don't know what their personal relationships are.  Josh?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  

• Love 1

While it wouldn't surprise me if Josh did this, I need to see more proof. This is too easy a thing to fake as a joke or to stick it to him. Credit cards are too easy to get in someone else's name. Unless he admits it or they prove it, I'm not going to condemn him for this particular scandal. The other scandal is still all his own molesting fault.

• Love 1

To Sigmaforce86's point...at this point their only option is the OJ strategy. Deny, deny, deny. It wasn't Josh, someone hacked him, librul gay agenda, deny, deny, deny. Silence would be an admission.

Somewhere a PR person is having The Worst Day Ever.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 4

It's not even like he met someone he clicked with and got carried away...he didn't care who it was.

Now that you mention it, it strikes me that this account of his mistress hunting is pretty much the same of the process in which he got married to Anna. He was working on engagements before her, and at his young age. And she was livin 1000 miles away during a lot of their "courtship," I believe, so the time they spent getting to know each other had to be fairly minimal.I don't think people and, especially, women are real enough to Josh (or Jim Bob and Michelle maybe, either) for him ever to bother clicking with them or to get carried away. Women are just meaningless means to the end of getting his perpetual itch scratched or getting him hooked in with a SAHM. His purposes. His wants. And what woman it is is immaterial. Just like in the Ashley Madison profile -- it can be short hair, long hair, business woman, casual jeans girl. No matter. She's just an itch-scratcher anyway.  It's all just more of the Duggar no-empathy trait. Other people just are not real to him. And women, in particular, are not real.

Josh could try the "it was research in my role for FRC" defense?

I'm still waiting for "Gay Marriage Made Me Do It: The Josh Duggar Story."

• Love 10

“A Professional/Well Groomed,” “Stylish/Classy,” “Casual Jeans/T-shirt Type,” “Muscular/Fit Body,” ”Petite Figure,” “Tall Height,” “Short Height,” “Long Hair,””Short Hair,” “Girl Next Door,” “Naughty Girl,” “Sense of Humor,” “Imagination,” “Creative and Adventurous,” “Relaxed and Easy Going,” “Aggressive/Take Charge Nature,” “Confidence,” “Discretion/Secrecy,” “A Good Listener,” “Good Personal Hygiene,” “Average Sex Drive,” “High Sex Drive,” “Dislikes Routine,” “Has a Secret Love Nest,” “Disease Free,” “Drug Free,” and “Natural Breasts.”

Anyone familiar with Ashley Madison know what boxes he didn't check off? Since natural breasts was selected, I'm going to guess that fake breasts were a choice too and he's not into that?? No plump/curvy?

This is too easy a thing to fake as a joke or to stick it to him. Credit cards are too easy to get in someone else's name. 

No, they really aren't. That doesn't mean this is proven - it's possible his information was placed in the data by someone with an axe to grind - but if this is a setup it's very unlikely that's how it was done.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I can't help experiencing totally satisfying schadenfreude (if this is true, and it seems to be). Apart from that though, I can't help but wonder how JB, M, and Anna will be able to break this kind of news to the younger kids. After all, this is adult Josh not 14 year old Josh. And no way to cloud the issue - e.g. victims were asleep, no harm, no foul. This could cause a few collapses in their house of cards. And much turmoil and confusion for the little kids caught in this fubar mess.

I'm really disappointed that he spent $250 for a guaranteed affair.  What happened to buy used and save the difference?  That $250 could have been spent buying his new mistress a lot of used stuff somewhere.

think about how much a high price call girl charges; so yeah $250 is still within his "buy used and save the difference"

• Love 2

Josh could be very busy today paying off his mistresses for their silence.  But mistress(es) listen to me instead - you could make A LOT more selling your story. Just get a lawyer first so Josh doesn't sue you over freedom of speech.  Instagram as many pictures as you can!

Edited by Defrauder

One question. Don't their religious views of debt fee living prohibit credit cards?

as long as you pay them off every month I think they can have them b/c they are still debt free?? not sure.... 

• Love 2

One question. Don't their religious views of debt fee living prohibit credit cards?

It doesn't appear that Josh cares much about his religious views.  What's worse using a credit card or committing adultery?  Also it could have easily been a debit card, but seriously is Josh really concerned about following his so called religious beliefs?

• Love 7

Here's what I don't get:  why TWO accounts?  I could believe someone set him up, but not for two separate accounts. Also, if someone was setting him up for a fall, they played a very long game, waiting months for this to come out.  It's just not credible that this bomb was primed by someone out to get Josh and sink the Duggarship but held for such a long time before being deployed. I have to believe Josh did his to himself and, by extension, his family.  Regarding JB and J'M, this is what you get when you blatantly favor one child so much over all the others: an arrogant, entitled, delusional putz.

Non-sequitur, I just looked at the abbreviation J'M for Michelle, and when I type it that way, it could be pronounced Jim. 

• Love 5

Here's what I don't get: why TWO accounts? I could believe someone set him up, but not for two separate accounts. Also, if someone was setting him up for a fall, they played a very long game, waiting months for this to come out. It's just not credible that this bomb was primed by someone out to get Josh and sink the Duggarship but held for such a long time before being deployed. I have to believe Josh did his to himself and, by extension, his family. Regarding JB and J'M, this is what you get when you blatantly favor one child so much over all the others: an arrogant, entitled, delusional putz.

Non-sequitur, I just looked at the abbreviation J'M for Michelle, and when I type it that way, it could be pronounced Jim.

Why two accounts? I have two theories. 1)Anna learned about the first account. There is a gap between the two accounts, so he worked hard to be a faithful husband during that time. Eventually his craving for vagina (the boy likes to go to ChowTown!) caught up to him and he made the second account incase Anna ever logged into the first one to check up on him. 2)The second account was made because he realized he was dangerously dumb using his first name in his ID (JOSH_THE_MAN).

Maybe a combination of the two ideas expressed above.

• Love 8

I suspect it's partly a numbers game...the more accounts, the more likely the chance of a hit.

There's also probably a newness factor. New account, new scrutiny.

Either way it's likely he wasn't getting all the hits he was trolling for....allegedly.

• Love 3

It doesn't appear that Josh cares much about his religious views.  What's worse using a credit card or committing adultery?  Also it could have easily been a debit card, but seriously is Josh really concerned about following his so called religious beliefs?

No, but he is worried about the appearance of his religious beliefs. Appearances to the Duggars mean much more than the actual beliefs.

This only shocked me because, out of all the couple's on the show, Josh and Anna seemed to know each other the best and get along the best.

• Love 6

Exactly what I was thinking. He's just naive/stupid enough to have a coworker tell him about this site and therefore think it was "safe." And I wouldn't put it past some coworker to set him up in the dog-eat-dog world of politics. It must have grated on more than a few to have the reality TV farm boy end up with the visible job when his only qualification was his parents' sex life.

ETA: Seriously, though...wouldn't you at least have the brains to use PayPal?

My local NBC affiliate (I'm in DC) reported that the there were tons of .gov and .mil email addresses on that list, so I definitely wouldn't doubt your theory.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to find out that Anna was aware of the cheating and Josh gave her some semantics story like, "I signed up, but never acted upon my lustful ways." Then they prayed on it with Jim Bob or something.

• Love 4

Further explanation of gentle reminder:

Don't psychoanalyze Josh means don't state what is going on in Josh's head or what motivated him to do anything. Especially don't state your guesses on his mental state as if they are fact. There is plenty to chew on here without playing Freud.

• Love 1

Well, hypothetically (and I'm not saying this happened, because I actually think it's fairly unlikely) Josh's deets could have been placed in the material which was dumped yesterday at any point up to the point when it was dumped. From what I'm reading, they haven't worked out how to connect transactions between accounts to the accounts yet. Those would take a lot more doing to forge.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2
Are you smarter than most people?  Yes

And yet for the question "if you turn a left-hand glove inside out, which hand will it fit?" Josh chose "the left hand."

(Which can technically be true if you then flip the glove over, but that's not what OKC is going for. Shouldn't someone who is smarter than most people get that? I wonder if he answered the "wherefore art thou Romeo" question.)

Re: the issue of divorcing over adultery, according to a recent survey done by LifeWay Research (a conservative Christian group), more Christians think that divorce is a sin when the spouse commits adultery (or abuse for that matter) than when a spouse is addicted to pornography.

Yes, because people are assholes and we live in a rape culture where rape isn't taken seriously. Some people still think that marital rape (for example) doesn't even exist.
  • Love 7

Well, woops. I don't know how much the elements of Mr. Murdoch's empire coordinate in matters like this, but the NY Post went with the story. That may not bode well for Fox riding to the rescue this time.

• Love 1