Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

It's all over Facebook .  The Daily Mail, Hollywood Reporter, and others already have stories up and running.  Wonder how long before it hits the MSN homepage?  

Wow.  Poor Anna.  My heart goes out to her.

• Love 5

I'd send that to gawker...for science. Josh could be a catfisher. Hilarious.

You have to be an OKC member (which I'm not) to see the answers to his questions. Anyone wanna bite the bullet and get some screenshots?

That profile has NWA in it, then his location is Alexandria. It reads like Josh. I'm sure someone will contact OKC or the account holder and straighten it all out.

It's worth pointing out that this is a public profile.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2

I'm traumatized. I feel so defrauded.  Poor Anna.  Where did he learn to be that much of a creep?  Josh's ew Josh's sexual likes ew. Poor Anna.  The only good thing for her is if he was busy with someone else and Anna didn't have to be grossly touched by him that night.   I wonder if he was there for M4's birth or if he was with another woman at the time.  Poor Anna.  

• Love 1

Honestly, this will likely be BLAMED on Anna. It's her fault she allowed her husband to stray. She didn't provide enough.

That poor woman.

Absolutely true. That boor Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill first came to national notice outside of the evangelical community when Ted Haggard got caught doing meth with a male hooker. Driscoll said this in Haggard's defense:

Most pastors I know do not have satisfying, free, sexual conversations and liberties with their wives. At the risk of being even more widely despised than I currently am, I will lean over the plate and take one for the team on this. It is not uncommon to meet pastors' wives who really let themselves go; they sometimes feel that because their husband is a pastor, he is therefore trapped into fidelity, which gives them cause for laziness. A wife who lets herself go and is not sexually available to her husband in the ways that the Song of Songs is so frank about is not responsible for her husband's sin, but she may not be helping him either.

In closing, it is not clear to me whether Driscoll really grokked the implications of the phrase "lean over the plate and take one for the team" in this context.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

Doesn't this just point out what a number Gothard does on women?  They are pretty much helpless even if married to an absolute pig.  What will become of them?  The Kellers have no money, Anna has no education. 

• Love 12

Wow -- so will this get Anna to FINALLY leave him??

With the molestation thing, there were SO many excuses -- he was so young, he didn't understand, he confessed to me before we married (yeah right) and I went in knowing he humbled himself before the Lord.  With this, what possible excuse can she make in her own mind to convince herself -- or what could her parents say to convince her to stay?? I guess victim playing -- she/they could be thinking, well of course he strayed bc I wasn't giving it up enough. But really?? For TWO years? He had paid accounts from 2013-2015 and the 2014-2015 account even had an affair "guarantee" -- so he AT LEAST had an affair with one woman, and likely many.

Don't know if she's even had her 6 week check up yet, but in any event she needs to RUN back to the OBGYN and ask for an STD test asap. And no more sex with Joshy, no matter what he says to get her forgiveness. Frankly if I were her, I'd be headed to any OB GYN who could see me in the morning, and then to the airport in the afternoon with all 4 kids. Don't know who controls the money, but presumably she has a credit card -- charge 5 tickets to Florida and go live your life crammed into their trailer until you can figure out how to be employable and how you'll raise these kids alone. You can come back for your stuff later -- or maybe one of her brothers/dad can go back in a few weeks, pack up her stuff, give Josh a beating, and bring her/the kids things back to Fla.

• Love 15

His parents did him no favors.  He molested several times, not once.  It was a sin, not a mistake.  He has a sexual addiction that needs professional help.  Not "ask around the pretend people who go to our pretend church" but a professional.  He needs to step out of the limelight.

He had $1,000 to throw away on this crap?  Yeah, no more show for this bunch.

• Love 14

I just saw on FB that Josh is trending  #1 as having the account with the Ashley Madison website.

Jez...  poor Anna. I hope she leaves him now.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 7

Don't know what the OKCupid thing is about or why we assume that's him -- rather than some other arrogant guy in DC -- but looking at the Ashley Madison thing, I didn't find the sexual "likes" so weird. I mean I doubt he spent great care filling this out -- it looks like he just checked every box or the majority of them, which is something guys do on dating sites when they are basically just looking for a hot woman. When a hot woman reaches out, I don't think they much care whether she likes it rough or is a jeans and t shirt gal or an evening gown kind of gal. Joshie may have thought the same way. (Not saying Ashley Madison is anything like a dating site, just that many guys don't take the questions seriously.)

• Love 1

Don't know what the OKCupid thing is about or why we assume that's him -- rather than some other arrogant guy in DC --

The OK cupid account uses the same email address used at Ashley Madison.

• Love 9

Aw, but Joshie likes to cuddle.  Maybe that's what he's  been looking for all along.  You know, with his sisters, and a babysitter, and women he meets on line.  Little Joshie is just looking for someone to show him some affection.   Then again, he could just be an enormous creeper.  

• Love 2

Besides having unresolved sex issues and/or just not being a "good" guy, why did Josh NEED to do this?

They were off in DC living their own life. If while in DC he was discovering that he liked women who were professional or a bit more "take charge" or the jeans/t shirt type or just having short hair and modern and not what he grew up with -- well, couldn't he have told his wife that's what he found hot and she could have "reinvented" a bit to get her man riled up? I'm not married, but don't married couples do that? I feel like I definitely hear friends saying -- oh my husband is growing his hair a bit longer and a 5 o clock shadow beard bc I think that's so sexy. Or I see women doing various things with their hair bc they know their husbands will like it. And that's just stuff I hear -- I bet there's more "talk" that happens in the bedroom as people tell their partners what is a turn on or not. I mean supposedly he thought Anna was cute -- he chose her and she didn't just appear at his doorstep; well can't a girl you found cute be "re-made" into whatever you're currently finding hot? Instead of you cheating on your pregnant wife??

• Love 5

Still much more pissed at Jim Bob and Michelle over this. It could have been prevented. Those poor kids not being able to discover and explore. His profile could have been much more gross. It is actually pretty tame. He's a typical guy that has been completely fucked up sexually by a twisted "religious" system. Most people get the opportunity to test the waters, wake up with regrets, figure things out. They have no chance in that. That is fucked the fucking fucked up. 

• Love 18

You have to be an OKC member (which I'm not) to see the answers to his questions. Anyone wanna bite the bullet and get some screenshots?

joesmithsonwa and I have only answered three overlapping questions, shots of which I've uploaded here: http://imgur.com/a/1UkMy(only includes his answers - mine are the opposite)

If you don't want to click over, here's the text:

Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live?

No.

Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

Yes

How do you feel about government-subsidized food programs (free lunch, food stamps, etc.)?

Never – Get a job

• Love 18

Aw, but Joshie likes to cuddle.  Maybe that's what he's  been looking for all along.  You know, with his sisters, and a babysitter, and women he meets on line.  Little Joshie is just looking for someone to show him some affection.   Then again, he could just be an enormous creeper.  

Though, of all the children, Josh had more opportunities/time to cuddle with his momma than all the other kids.  Michelle done spoiled him!

• Love 1

Doesn't this just point out what a number Gothard does on women?  They are pretty much helpless even if married to an absolute pig.  What will become of them?  The Kellers have no money, Anna has no education. 

Yes, this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Anna has no access to the finances or Smuggle's email. I doubt she even has access to whatever he calls "his" computer. I guess Anna didn't make the same vow that Prissy did to keep the hubby accountable for his computer use. Oops! 

• Love 12

joesmithsonwa and I have only answered three overlapping questions, shots of which I've uploaded here: http://imgur.com/a/1UkMy(only includes his answers - mine are the opposite)

If you don't want to click over, here's the text:

Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live?

No.

Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

Yes

How do you feel about government-subsidized food programs (free lunch, food stamps, etc.)?

Never – Get a job

Oh, wow. Thanks! Joshy Boy, you never let us down.

• Love 8

Taking your kids to 6 month check ups, removing wisdom teeth and the appropriate times and straightening crooked teeth is not obsession. It may be the one good thing they have consistently done for their kids. Crooked teeth as an adult can cause jaw problems, malnutrition. It isn't just about having a pretty smile.

Yes, the Duggars are obsessed with dental care in comparison to other very important aspects of nurturing and preparing them for life [eyeroll]. And for me, I can't help but find that somewhat incongruous given the nature of their ridiculous rearing of children.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 4

Of course I rushed right over here when I saw the article!

I sooooo want this to be true, although I would feel for Anna and the 4 M's.

I just wonder if someone might have set up Josh? Kind of like how some people did fake online registries for various Duggars. I'm not at all defending Josh, but this almost seems too Schadenfreude-a-licious to be true.

Poor Anna.

• Love 4

Yay I can't wait for one of the women Josh had sex with to come forward and give us the details of how bad in bed he is!

I think that a woman would have came forward during the molestation reveal?  Isn't Ashley Madison for cheating, discrete adults?  Perhaps there are several women who slept with Josh but have to remain quiet because they're DC professionals and don't want to end their own marriages?

What's the age range of the women he sought after?  I'm going to guess the only ones to actually sleep with him were in their 40s.  Cougars.

• Love 4

HOLY SHIT.  Please tell me you're in touch with Gawker or Jezebel right now!

Gawker already has a post about the profile. I'm thinking about sending them the answers I found. 

Answering "Yes" to "Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?" is sadly common among male users, but combined with the other two questions, we might have a hit.

• Love 10