Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh, Man Camp. I shudder.

It's not that I have a problem with the guys in a family hanging out or the girls having a night out. I shudder when thinking of what they're being taught because they're males and what manly interpretation of "God's Word" they're hearing.

I shudder.

As a former fundie, I share your shudder and shed a tear 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Man camp....MAN CAMP!??! Are these folks for real? What about "just go have a good time without labeling every damn thing boy or girl camp"

• Love 14
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

But being a boy is uber special. And Man Camp is even more special. No icky feeble minded girls allowed. Never mind if not for the girls the human race would die out.

Something they all seem to forget.... 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Anna Duggar was a big fan of the movie War Room. I'm seeing ads for a movie called Overcomer, which is made by the makers of War Room. 

I went to the movies last week.  Saw Yesterday (excellent) and The Art of Racing in the Rain (pretty good, book was a lot better).  Saw a preview for Overcomer and it is clearly in the same vein as Fireproof and War Room.  The trailer is typical inspirational movie stuff.  Guy is a high school coach who for whatever reason, can't coach the team sport he loves and is instead made track coach, which is a sport he hates.  Only one kid, a young black girl tries out for the team.  Through prayer and God, everything works out in the end.  Everybody finds the Lord and is happy ever after. Yadda, yadda.

I can see why Anna likes these kinds of movies, aside from the fact they are probably the only ones she ever sees.  In them, the godly ones who read the Bible, pray and follow the Lord's will end up living happily ever after because of their faith.  I imagine that's the only way she can continue on being married to Josh, she expects that same happy ending for herself.  I think she's delusional.

• Love 18

The Christian film industry is booming, if my the cinema in my smallish Southern city is any indication. As often as not, one of our twelve screens is occupied by something that looks decidedly inspirational. (My husband and I inevitably run into church friends in the lobby, and the convo usually goes like this: THEM: "Oh, did you see Overcomer?" US: "Nah, we saw Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. We're more, um, Tarantino people.") If Anna wants to seem cool by recommending "mainstream" movies--almost as if she's, you know, culturally literate--she's got a lot of mediocre Christian films to choose from. 

Edited by Portia
too much personal stuff
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Portia said:

The Christian film industry is booming, if my the cinema in my smallish Southern city is any indication. As often as not, one of our twelve screens is occupied by something that looks decidedly inspirational. My husband and I inevitably run into church friends in the lobby, and the convo usually goes like this: THEM: "Oh, did you see Overcomer?" US: "Nah, we saw Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. We're more, um, Tarantino people." 

I buy these movies for my library and they stay checked out for at least 1-2 months once they come in.  I have no idea which ones to buy, so I just go with the ones that make me gag the least when reading the descriptions.  I will never watch any of these movies for a variety of reasons, but I do have to give the taxpayers what they want.  The only hard no's for me have been Gosnell and Unplanned--there is a difference between inspirational films and propaganda.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Portia said:

The Christian film industry is booming, if my the cinema in my smallish Southern city is any indication. As often as not, one of our twelve screens is occupied by something that looks decidedly inspirational. (My husband and I inevitably run into church friends in the lobby, and the convo usually goes like this: THEM: "Oh, did you see Overcomer?" US: "Nah, we saw Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. We're more, um, Tarantino people.") If Anna wants to seem cool by recommending "mainstream" movies--almost as if she's, you know, culturally literate--she's got a lot of mediocre Christian films to choose from. 

I am FB friends with a Christian author and she saw Once Upon a Time..... she also watches very non-Christian TV like Walking Dead. I don't watch inspirational films, I find most of them are pretty crappy, lousy acting, boring and heavy handed. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

Josie looks like she is going full blown Lizzie Borden in the back.  Look out Meechelle and JBoob!

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Good heavens, is that Josie in the first picture impersonating Lizzie Borden but using a hammer instead of an ax?!

OH MAN!  I posted something similar!  Shoulda read further first!  HA!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Josie looks like she is going full blown Lizzie Borden in the back.  Look out Meechelle and JBoob!

OH MAN!  I posted something similar!  Shoulda read further first!  HA!

I never comment specifically on the little ones,  but as a former teacher ..... what is wrong with her?  Other than a video of her singing the SSpB, which I have never listened to and may or may not indicate a savant talent.... it appears she is a lost soul.  Academically,  she may be properly placed by hanging with her nieces and nephews and as far away from mom as possible.😡

• Love 1

Josie's an odd duck, no doubt, but I look at that pic and see normal clowning. Isn't there a kid like that in every family? The one who's  "pulling faces" in pictures? Lol, maybe that's just in my family. I think she looks alarming because--sorry to say--she's a weird-looking kid. 

• Love 18

Does the Fundie Newylwed Game include questions about making whoopie?  I am curious about this, I know that some of them have no problem dry-humping on a minigolf course in front of their own children and TV cameras. Do they talk about sex as well?  What euphemisms do they use?

• LOL 8
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like it's been taken down, whatever it was.

It was Anna posting about their (Duggar) Monday "Family Night". They celebrated Mason's 2nd birthday & the Swanson's anniversary.  Smugs & Anna made steak fajitas.  By the looks of the fajita picture, it was held at the TTH. Austin enlightened them about the Bahama trip and Joe & Kendra were missed cuz they were away. There was a picture of Dwayne/Dwight & Lana playing the Newlywed Game. Think that sums it up.

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It is odd that she removed the picture of Dwain and Lana. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah, I checked her IG and only saw the pic with Mason and one with what I assume were the steak fajitas. Anna's post seems to have remained intact.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Does the Fundie Newylwed Game include questions about making whoopie?  I am curious about this, I know that some of them have no problem dry-humping on a minigolf course in front of their own children and TV cameras. Do they talk about sex as well?  What euphemisms do they use?

Lester the molester and momsy Anna do sweet friend hugging and wrestling in exchange for a nice big roast beef hoagie with all the trimmings.

Because you see kids Lester the molester should be in jail instead of making more babies that he doesn’t want! And momsy is brain washed to know any better!

• Love 3
On 9/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, Sew Sumi said:

It was determined that Anna deleted a picture of the Swansons, hence it coming up as removed when @ginger90 first posted it. The text remained the same.

Swansons don't want the world knowing they're hanging with Josh?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Heathen said:

Someone should tell Ofsmuggar not to capitalize Random Letters. Doing that makes her look Dumb. 

Does Aldi sell grass-fed steak for fajitas? Do the Duggars know how to pronounce "fajitas"? 

I can see snugs saying it fah jeet ah trying to be funny 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2