Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I hope Josh isn't the executor. I have no doubts he'd screw his siblings out of their shares.

He can try, but I think Jeremy and Derick will be able to fight really dirty to "protect" their wives' interests. Jeremy is a lot smarter than Josh (not that the bar is set very high) and Derick is a lot meaner. Jessa won't need Ben to fight for her; after years of pretending that what Josh did to her was "no big deal", she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

He can try, but I think Jeremy and Derick will be able to fight really dirty to "protect" their wives' interests. Jeremy is a lot smarter than Josh (not that the bar is set very high) and Derick is a lot meaner. Jessa won't need Ben to fight for her; after years of pretending that what Josh did to her was "no big deal", she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

I can also see Jana being the caretaker to her aging parents and slowly having them sign over everything to her while her married siblings are too busy to care.  Then when JB and Michelle are gone, there is nothing left to divide.   Possession is really 9/10 of the law.  The other kids would have to have to time and money to take her to court to get whatever is "theirs."  Wills don't matter if the family is too dysfunctional.   I have seen this happen on both sides of my family with the deaths of two of my great grandmothers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They have everything tied up in a trust, so no one gets anything until both Boobchelle are dead. 

As @BitterApple noted, who is named executor will be key. Hopefully, it's their lawyer. 

Someone more knowledgeable should definitely chime in, but my understanding is it being a trust also means they can't sue the trust after JB and Michelle die. It also keeps all the details out of probate and, thus, private from the public.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

That’s a Counting On season I would watch. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Two mil divided up 19 ways is only around a hundred grand a piece. That's....nothing when you factor in all the dependent kids and families. They'd make more of  a profit getting out now and telling all. Even if Jessa or Josh outmaneuvers the other it still won't be for much.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Two mil divided up 19 ways is only around a hundred grand a piece. That's....nothing when you factor in all the dependent kids and families. They'd make more of  a profit getting out now and telling all. Even if Jessa or Josh outmaneuvers the other it still won't be for much.

And if they fight it, the lawyer fees come out of the estate thus reducing the estate even further. 

Hopefully they've named a decent lawyer and not the one Josh always hires for his frivolous lawsuits. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

And that's assuming there's two mil left by the time Boob and Michelle kick the bucket. Their Healthcare costs will only increase as they age, as will the number of dependents Boob is dishing out allowances to in his golden years. He might have to unload some of those properties along the way in order to keep the horde afloat.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Those are only his real estate holdings, right?

Regrettably, he probably has a shit ton of TLC money socked away tax-free and offshore somewhere. 

The $2 million is only real eatate in one county. A previous poster said the Duggars own more property in another county, but the website that shows properties is harder to compile values in that county. Combine that with likely other investments and assets, and the $2 million is probably just a fraction of the actual total.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

The $2 million is only real eatate in one county. A previous poster said the Duggars own more property in another county, but the website that shows properties is harder to compile values in that county. Combine that with likely other investments and assets, and the $2 million is probably just a fraction of the actual total.

It would have to be, if the one house they are trying to sell for $1,450,000  is “worth” close to the asking price.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Zella said:

Someone more knowledgeable should definitely chime in, but my understanding is it being a trust also means they can't sue the trust after JB and Michelle die. It also keeps all the details out of probate and, thus, private from the public.

No but they COULD sue the executor if they feel the executor is not doing their fiduciary duty making moves to the benefit of the heirs.  We had to do that when the executor stole all my dads $.  That does require them to pay attn to what the executor is doing though.

• Useful 3
Just now, Natalie68 said:

No but they COULD sue the executor if they feel the executor is not doing their fiduciary duty making moves to the benefit of the heirs.  We had to do that when the executor stole all my dads $.  That does require them to pay attn to what the executor is doing though.

That makes sense--thank you!

• Love 1
On 7/14/2019 at 4:06 PM, Sew Sumi said:

They have everything tied up in a trust, so no one gets anything until both Boobchelle are dead. 

As @BitterApple noted, who is named executor will be key. Hopefully, it's their lawyer. 

Oh god , what if that’s Derelict ?

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

JB and M seem to despise Derick, ain't no way he becomes executor.

It would be hard for Mr. Cheapskate Arkansas to pass up free or cheap legal counsel. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It would be hard for Mr. Cheapskate Arkansas to pass up free or cheap legal counsel. 

I think JB's hate for Derick might override a perceived discount. I could also totally see Derick charging JB full price out of spite. LOL

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Dreck is not really a bad choice given the field of possible executors or maybe John David.  I cannot see him choosing Josh.  Josh has a proven track record of doing what is good for Josh and only Josh for years.  Josh does not inspire much confidence that he will diligently follow all of JB's wishes in the appropriate time frame.  This was going thru my head while thinking about Josh--

drunk animal house GIF by IFC

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Dreck is not really a bad choice given the field of possible executors or maybe John David.  I cannot see him choosing Josh.  Josh has a proven track record of doing what is good for Josh and only Josh for years.  Josh does not inspire much confidence that he will diligently follow all of JB's wishes in the appropriate time frame.  This was going thru my head while thinking about Josh--

drunk animal house GIF by IFC

Not to mention, I don't think Jim Bob has ever liked Josh. I remember the way Jim Bob talked to Josh during that on the road special years ago (Johanna was an infant). Jim Bob had a distinct "you dumbass" tone in his voice. Maybe it was because Josh is a lazy creep and sin in the camp and all, maybe it was because baby Josh took too much of Mullet's attention -- who knows. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Not to mention, I don't think Jim Bob has ever liked Josh. I remember the way Jim Bob talked to Josh during that on the road special years ago (Johanna was an infant). Jim Bob had a distinct "you dumbass" tone in his voice. Maybe it was because Josh is a lazy creep and sin in the camp and all, maybe it was because baby Josh took too much of Mullet's attention -- who knows. 

Huh, I always saw JB and M taking a special liking to Josh. He the favored male. Look at the lengths they went to hide his crimes.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Huh, I always saw JB and M taking a special liking to Josh. He the favored male. Look at the lengths they went to hide his crimes.

I've always seen that (the early wedding, the house, the car lot) as 1. Parents trying to keep Smuggar happy, or their version of happiness, so that he wouldn't misbehave, and 2. Parents trying to prove to the world that their way of life really works. 

When Smuggar was first married, the wedding special and the media articles gave the distinct impression that Smuggar owned his house (Grandma's house aka the Mold House) and his car lot. It wasn't long thereafter when it came out that he actually owned neither. The Duggars were fronting hard even before they got their own series. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Improperly tagged for FB. Doesn't Anna have a FB account? 

It was posted on instagram and pushed through to facebook! The tags would work on insta, but not facebook. (which is why I always put my tags in a separate comment lmao.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

It was posted on instagram and pushed through to facebook! The tags would work on insta, but not facebook. (which is why I always put my tags in a separate comment lmao.)

Oh okay. I just saw the FB post here, so I assumed that was the only post. 

I can't believe it's been 4 years since the Joshgates.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Who is the bald man sitting in the back?  I hope he is not Jana's Godly Young Man.

That’s Michelle’s nephew, Will Peters. Married with kids (cousin Emily’s dad). 

• Useful 7
3 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

That’s Michelle’s nephew, Will Peters. Married with kids (cousin Emily’s dad). 

Good eye and memory! Will Peters is also Dwain Swanson's (Lauren Duggar's father) ministry partner. Will and Dwain run the Courageous Men of the Word ministry. 

• Useful 4
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh okay. I just saw the FB post here, so I assumed that was the only post. 

I can't believe it's been 4 years since the Joshgates.

I find it sad that every birthday Meredith has, reminds me of the anniversary of the outing of josh’s shame.  I was on vacation when the news came out, and I still remember. And how sad when Anna had the baby when all of this was so fresh. 

Meredith has always seemed like such a sweetheart to me. It makes me so sad to think that her birth is tied to such gross events and such terrible sadness and shock for Anna. I hate that the two are correlated. 

10 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Good eye and memory! Will Peters is also Dwain Swanson's (Lauren Duggar's father) ministry partner. Will and Dwain run the Courageous Men of the Word ministry. 

Is that the lawn mowing ministry? 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

It's probably the one the Duggars had in their first special. Just reading this made me nauseous (but I also kind of want to try it to satisfy my inner five-year-old). https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2010/08/world-famous-duggar-ice-cream-cake.html

I think it would be tasty in a small portion especially at a small child’s birthday. But why not just do ice cream and cookie layers than ice cream sandwiches which are good individual snacks. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it would be tasty in a small portion especially at a small child’s birthday. But why not just do ice cream and cookie layers than ice cream sandwiches which are good individual snacks. 

Duggar wisdom? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

With all that name-brand candy, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup, their version of ice cream cake looks super expensive to me--especially considering how much they would need for their huge extended family. My son always requested a homemade ice cream cake for his birthdays, but my version was two chocolate cake layers with a thick vanilla ice cream layer in the middle.  Not expensive at all, and he loved it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

My sister has a recipe for an easy & delicious ice cream cake.  It's a single layer of a brownie type chocolate cake with a layer of vanilla ice cream.  The cake doesn't freeze for some reason & it can be served as soon as  it is taken out of the freezer.

Metedith's cake looks small for the usual Duggar crowd.  I'm sure Joshley could put away half of it in one sitting. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Portia said:

With all that name-brand candy, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup, their version of ice cream cake looks super expensive to me--especially considering how much they would need for their huge extended family. My son always requested a homemade ice cream cake for his birthdays, but my version was two chocolate cake layers with a thick vanilla ice cream layer in the middle.  Not expensive at all, and he loved it.

The expense is justified because Jim Bob has a sweet tooth. Remember in the first special, when the Duggars went to Aldi and Jim Bob made a point of buying cookies? Someone, maybe Mullet, made a comment then that Jim Bob always makes sure to get his sweets (ew double entendre). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Heathen said:

The expense is justified because Jim Bob has a sweet tooth. Remember in the first special, when the Duggars went to Aldi and Jim Bob made a point of buying cookies? Someone, maybe Mullet, made a comment then that Jim Bob always makes sure to get his sweets (ew double entendre). 

Then there was the time Amy came over with donuts to make a cake with them. JB & others kept taking the donuts so she barely had any to make the cake.