Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

OK, here are my votes:

Mindy

Morgana

Magdaline

After binge-ish watching Merlin with Mr. Jyn over the past few weeks, I think it would be kind of hilarious if they used Morgana.

My money is on Madalyn, as @PikaScrewChu mentioned. That seems right up their alley.

• Love 5
Just now, nightmeri said:

I would love for them to go a totally unexpected route, like “Maeve” but I think @galaxychaser is right, it will be some atrocious spelling of Madeleine 

Oh I've always liked Maeve! For that reason, I hope they don't use it, but it's a striking name. 

• Love 7
On 6/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would consider Bruce as a name for my imaginary son.  If not,  I want to get 2 Male cats--Bruce (or Scooter) and Clarence.

When the change was made uptown and the Big Man joined the band...

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

I would love for them to go a totally unexpected route, like “Maeve but I think @galaxychaser is right, it will be some atrocious spelling of Madeleine 

But only if they spell it in true Gaelic and go with Medb. 😂 

I hope they don't use Madeline/Madelein/e/Madelyn ... only because I actually like that name. (Not that I'm having a baby any time soon, but I like that it's common enough to not be weird but it's not trendy. And it was my grandma's middle name.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, AUgirl said:

My cousins baby due in October is going to be Oliver. Old names seem to be coming back so maybe Smuggar number 6 will be named Mildred or Maude.  

My mom had two church friends named Mildred and Maude. Very nice ladies who did a lot for the church. Mildred taught Sunday school for years & Maude was in charge of the altar flowers & communion for decades.    

13 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh I've always liked Maeve! For that reason, I hope they don't use it, but it's a striking name. 

I'm not sure they'd be using one of the names those heathen Irish use!

That being said Maeve has creeped into the top 1000, which is surprising.

They could go the JB and Michelle route and have Mack and Michael start to name the younger ones soon. Oh boy...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Heathen said:

When the change was made uptown and the Big Man joined the band...

From the coastline to the city all the little pretties raise their hands...

How sad would it be to be a Duggar and not ever get the chance to hear a song on the radio and sing along?  My life is so much better for having music in it.

Bruce is a god, seen him a dozen times or more including on Broadway last year.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Please be Maude, please be Maude.  They don't watch TV (for the most part) so the irony would be delicious, and lost on them.  

giphy_s.gif

Bea Arthur and the TV show Maude are iconic. Don't you all put that curse upon her legacy by having a Duggar named Maude, smh.

More Bea Arthur gifs are needed around here. Maybe it's time to retire my Simpsons reaction gifs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Bea Arthur and the TV show Maude are iconic. Don't you all put that curse upon her legacy by having a Duggar named Maude, smh.

More Bea Arthur gifs are needed around here. Maybe it's time to retire my Simpsons reaction gifs.

golden girls dorothy GIF

This is Josh in a nutshell 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

I think she will pick a three syllable name that can be shortened to match Kynzie and Dithy. My guesses are Madelyn (Lynnie), Makayla (Kaylie), or Maryanne (named after Grandma but they’ll call her Annie). Spellings may vary. LOL 😂 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

How sad would it be to be a Duggar and not ever get the chance to hear a song on the radio and sing along?  My life is so much better for having music in it.

I'm with you & feel bad the Duggars aren't allowed to feel or think the same way about music.  I love it when I hear a tune & it brings up memories I haven't thought about in years.  I will always remember dozing off on my boyfriend's shoulder while slow dancing at our 9th grade farewell dance when I hear Stairway to Heaven. What a great feeling I felt recently when I  came across a song that was one of Mr. Barb's & I favorites way back in the day that I had forgotten all about.  I know I've posted about my love of Jesus Christ Superstar& have seen it many times. I'm sure this show isn't Duggar approved.  What a shame the Duggars aren't allowed to appreciate music more than hymns & screechy violin performances. 

BTW -  Add  me to the Bruce fan club.  One of my favorites is Bobby Jean & I was lucky enough  to hear him play it in concert. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I think she will pick a three syllable name that can be shortened to match Kynzie and Dithy. My guesses are Madelyn (Lynnie), Makayla (Kaylie), or Maryanne (named after Grandma but they’ll call her Annie). Spellings may vary. LOL 😂 

Maybe they'll go with Minerva and call her "Nervy" LOL

Seriously, though, I could also see them using something like Magnolia, Mallory, Marissa, or even Mathilda (they could call her Tildy to follow the pattern)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

They better not take "Magnolia" - I have a feeling Jana is reserving that name for her first daughter.

Ahh...Magnolia. Brings to my mind the drag queen Magnolia Crawford who may have been one of the worst queens ever on RuPauls Drag Race. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The M'kids are very cute. Josh looks like he's one Twinkie away from a major heart attack.

If I was Anna, I’d have a hefty life insurance policy out on him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Does she even know what life insurance is? And wouldn't it require Smuggar to have a mini physical to determine policy rates? I doubt she could buy a policy without him finding out. How much control does she have over the finances? I doubt it's much at all, aside from having access to a debit card.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Dedicated to my grandparents Jim and Michelle who set my mommy free! And to my daddy all my memories are of you shopping for clothes and pocket squares!

Bahahahahaha

I envision a series. Pantless in Laredo. Pantless in LA. Pantless in the Ozarks. 

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Pantless in L.A.: The Felicity Vuolo Story 😂

I first read this as pantiless in L.A. although in their world I suspect pantless is equally scandalous and defrauding.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I first read this as pantiless in L.A. although in their world I suspect pantless is equally scandalous and defrauding.

I'm not a Brit but I'm enough of an Anglophile to know, that the word "pants" in British English, means only "underpants," and doesn't include trousers, jeans, etc. 

So, to anyone familiar with that usage, "pantless" does mean, "not wearing underpants." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

They probably can’t pronounce (or spell) Monique. I once had a co-worker named Monique and a customer called for her asking to speak to “Mon Eye Cue”.  I set him straight, but J don’t think he appreciated it. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures 

Isn't that nice?  A visit to the Space Center for kids who would never be allowed to dream of working in the space program.  Isn't it sweet how Meredith posed at the control panel as if there was any possibility that a GIRL could have any job other than helpmeet.  A trip to the zoo for kids whose only exposure to zoology and biology will be the story of Noah's Ark.  Going to the Natural Science Museum where there's a huge paleontology hall with multiple dinosaur skeletons where the kids will be told that the display is wrong, that the earth is 6000 years old, not 200+million, and that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.  The Zoo and the Aquarium with all sorts of land and sea creatures who could inspire kids to want to be zookeepers or study marine biology or become a vet; except not these kids.  No inspiration or dreams allowed for this bunch.

BTW, Citypass is $52 apiece for kids over 3 and $62 for anyone over 12.  Four of Josh's kids are old enough to pay so we're talking well over $300 which is a pretty good value for a family that size, but not cheap.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19