Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Even if they win their lawsuit (which is far from certain), do they actually think a jury would award them millions of dollars in damages if the jurors know that Josh would be getting a share of the money? They'd be lucky to get the proverbial one dollar award (which I guess would make Josh's share 20 cents).

• Love 10

I figured that if they won any money, a good chunk of it would go to Josh since he can't get a job being the douchebag shit that he is.  I would have guessed the main reason the suit was filed was to offset whatever the settlement was to the guy whose reputation Josh damaged.  

TLC needs to buy a vowel...this family is toxic and the sooner they get the freakshow off the air, the sooner some of the younger ones may have a (slight) chance for normalcy.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Other than JB's ego and "we know better than all you heathens, so STFU," is there ANY sane reason why they would try to sneak Josh back on the show? 

It makes no sense. Lock him upstairs in the metaphorical attic during filming and pretend he never existed...the checks cash just the same.

I'm thinking the rest of the Duggars all want the Smuggars to legitimately earn their own money from the show, rather than everyone having to give them a share. Josh and Anna have a big problem figuring out how to support their ever-growing family, and some of that TLC money would help. And the Duggars probably think it'd help Josh's self esteem if he can be part of it, rather than the forbidden one.

I'm not saying I agree with any of this thinking, but I suspect JB and family want/need Josh to make some $$. Josh and Anna's family are going to be thorn in all of their sides if Josh can't figure out some way to earn a living. 

• Love 3

I feel awful for Anna. She was raised by creepy people to be a brood mare. I'm not going to joyously say she deserves everything she is getting because someone claims they met her and she was a bitch. I wish she could escape this awful family. Brainwashing is a sick thing, and her brain is waterlogged. It's sad. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Anna would have been just barely pregnant (like she might not have even known yet) with Marcus when @FakeJoshDuggar met her when they were campaigning for Mittens in 2012. Anna's kids are all born in odd numbered years. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
23 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

And they want a JURY trial? 

So they want a panel of their fellow citizens being sympathetic to, "well, yes, I groped my sisters but I deserve millions because people found out about it!!!!!"

Good luck with that.

Just when you think these people cannot get any more stupid ... sheesh. Let them have their jury trial. They will be laughed out of the courtroom.

• Love 3
(edited)

I laughed. I did. This whole thing has officially become a farce and I'm equal parts incredulous and amused.

Jim Bob must be connected to so many judges that he's extremely confident in things going his...errr, excuse me, I  mean Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and Josh's way. Yes, they're asking for a jury trial, but the judge will have a major influence in the outcome of this trail. 

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Which may have explained why Anna was such a bitch. Wasn't she pregnant or had just had a baby on that trip? I've never gotten a bitchy/entitled vibe from her, but even if she is, 

During the SYTTD crossover episode she was the one who snidely pointed out specific brides who were trying on immodest dresses; when they went to an Ethiopian restaurant she didn't even try to hide her repulsion at the dancing; when they went to a Black mega-church she looked equally disgusted at the way they worshiped. Ana is a nasty piece of work. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The records should have remained sealed - period. But Josh is a complete idiot. Filing this lawsuit is now strike three against him. He probably could have overcome Scandal #1, to some degree, if Scandal #2 never happened. But it did. Choices he made as an adult. Fair game for the public. He's making things worse for himself and once again thinking of himself at the expense of his sisters.

If he thought his life sucked before, he's in for a rude awakening now.

I agree. Considering how young he was when it happened I really think there would have been some thawing of the public anger. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Who didn't see this coming?  Josh joins lawsuit

Well, Josh wants to join the lawsuit. 

I'm loathe to believe anything the Daily Mail publishes, but Josh is honestly such a fuckwit. I'd like to see what his causes of action are.

I bet he's got a LAWYR caliber lawyer. I can't image why the girl's hotshot boutique law firm partner didn't include him originally. ?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 7

More discussion here; I saw the article first in the media thread and responded there. 

Too bad, so sad, Smuggar. You also cheated on your wife, and you have to also live with that. You just have to deal with the humiliation like other celebrities do, and if that means income loss because people don't want to deal with a child molester/cheater, then so be it. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, duggarfan said:

I'm curious. Is there any proof that this is actual fact? Not that Josh Duggar might be on, but that Jim Bob whined around in order to make it happen or is that just widespread speculation.

It's in the Intouch article:

"Ratings for his younger sisters’ spin-off series, Jill & Jessa: Counting On have begun to slip — so the Duggar family patriarch, Jim Bob, devised a plan to not only save his family’s show (and primary source of income) but also revitalize his disgraced son’s career.“He spent a month trying to convince TLC that Josh should be back on the show. They finally caved and agreed to let him film an upcoming Counting On webisode where he’ll talk about his joy at learning he’s going to be a father again,” the source explains."

Josh's lawsuit is just a money grab. This just shows his rehab stint didn't teach him anything. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

"Ratings for his younger sisters’ spin-off series, Jill & Jessa: Counting On have begun to slip — so the Duggar family patriarch, Jim Bob, devised a plan to not only save his family’s show (and primary source of income) but also revitalize his disgraced son’s career.“He spent a month trying to convince TLC that Josh should be back on the show. They finally caved and agreed to let him film an upcoming Counting On webisode where he’ll talk about his joy at learning he’s going to be a father again,” the source explains."

Josh's lawsuit is just a money grab. This just shows his rehab stint didn't teach him anything. 

It sounds like speculation. I'm speculating that. 

• Love 4

I think we just watched them all commit career suicide. I doubt the brand will survive this. Every misstep has been by their own hands, and is this no different. Maybe he'll finally be man enough to tell his side of the story himself. Which will inevitably be horrible.

140821_CBOX_MoeSuicide.jpg.CROP.promovar

I am beyond disgusted and very shocked. You'd think somewhere in nearly 20 people someone would have half a brain, but no. Honestly, I think TLC has told then this next season is their last and they're panicking. It's the only rational explanation I can conjure.

Oh, and I've read that in China, when they execute someone, they charge the family for the cost of the bullet. That's what Josh just did to his victims. It hope a jury finds a literal millstone to hang around his sorry neck. The lord would approve.

• Love 12

Why do I feel like this should be the nail in the coffin for them but that they will actually win? The 2016 election has really made me a pessimist.

Wish one of the girls' husbands would be man enough to tell Josh to f-off with this.

• Love 16

Stick a fork in them, they're done. Or should be done.  I don't see how they can recover from this.  Perhaps CPS will get involved for the poor neglected younger kids. 

• Love 1
  1. OK, this reminds me of the recent Kathy Griffin incident.  She posed for, ( in my opinion) a disgusting photo of President Trump. She apologized and that should have ended the matter.   But then she grabs a lawyer and begins to bash Trump and 'old white men' and the rest of the Trump family for ruining her career.  She did not accept the consequences of her actions.  Josh did some despicable things, SHOULD have gotten some professional help, and faded quietly away.  But NO!  He has the unmitigated gall to try to weasel back onto the gravy train and now wants to join the lawsuit.  It brings to mind the guy who kills both his parents and then asks for mercy because he is an orphan.  He has brass b---ls.
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Buggin said:

Why do I feel like this should be the nail in the coffin for them but that they will actually win? The 2016 election has really made me a pessimist.

It's a shame they've never heard of a Pyrrhic victory.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna would have been just barely pregnant (like she might not have even known yet) with Marcus when @FakeJoshDuggar met her when they were campaigning for Mittens in 2012. Anna's kids are all born in odd numbered years. 

There were rumors already and she was showing a little. 

2 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Stick a fork in them, they're done. Or should be done.  I don't see how they can recover from this.  Perhaps CPS will get involved for the poor neglected younger kids. 

Why would cs get involved because they were involved once before and did shit.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

This guy really wants compensation for being slandered by a tabloid that reported his molestations. Unbelievable! I hope this is the last straw for TLC. 

Unbelievable. And also vintage Duggar. Entitlement, thy name is Jizm Bob and Jizm Bob Adjacent. 

Because Jesus, I guess. But Jesus. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, abbey said:

He says his character has been damaged forever?? His character is damaged because of HIS behavior.  How arrogant of him to try and get some benefit from this lawsuit.  I think he is in for a surprise if he thinks anyone outside of his parents will support him in his efforts. 

Raising the question: What in the everloving hell is wrong with his parents? 

• Love 6

Remember how Mechelle and Boob started getting more and more time on air. Should never have been given one scene. Should have been holding up Marcus if the camera panned near them. 

If this is more than just a rumour, which they may have spread it themselves to gauge reaction, then the family may begin to fracture.

What a way to sabotage their daughters reality show opportunity.  Now, which girl is going to take the parents and Josh to court for destroying Counting On.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

And they want a JURY trial? 

So they want a panel of their fellow citizens being sympathetic to, "well, yes, I groped my sisters but I deserve millions because people found out about it!!!!!"

Good luck with that.

Yeah Josh, most of us call this type of a outing the sex offender registry, which you avoided.  Karma is a bitch and you are reaping it.

I can't say I'm stunned.  Jim Bob must be desperate.  And you know little ole Joshie didn't think this up all by himself. 

• Love 17

What a way to sabotage their daughters reality show opportunity.  Now, which girl is going to take the parents and Josh to court for destroying Counting On.  

Jessa.

• Love 20
(edited)

Since the duggars love bible verses, here's one they missed.

1 Timothy 6:10-For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.

Here is one that should be in the Bible-Beware grifting famewhores.  Karma is a bitch.

Btw, I Googled the Bible verse just to make sure it was actually in the Bible.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Why would cs get involved because they were involved once before and did shit.

Probably wishful thinking. However, now that it is apparent how poorly homeschooled the older ones were, perhaps CS would get involved for the younger ones. They obviously can't go back on the Josh stuff.   Maybe someone will notice that baby miracle Josie needs assistance. 

http://dlisted.com/2017/06/05/poor-ole-josh-duggar-is-playing-the-victim-now/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"TMZ says that Josh has filed documents asking to join his sisters’ beach of privacy lawsuit, because like them, he was told by the cops in 2006 that his case would stay private. Since he wasn’t charged, he doesn’t think the reports should’ve gone public. Like his sisters, he wants $$$$ from the City of Springfield, Arkansas, the police department and the publishers of InTouch. In the documents Josh filed, he shamelessly farts up that he’s a victim and has been traumatized by the world finding out that he molested this sisters.

While reading this chunky skid mark of words, you may learn that you have a talent for rolling your eyes, heaving, laughing and punching the screen at the same time!"

• Love 10

If Josh hadn't been involved in the Ashley Madison & online dating stuff, I would agree that he had a case. He was a minor when this happened and if he had been charged, convicted, and sentenced, everything would have been expunged when he turned 21. He's the one who lost the most in income and status, and he could possibly argue in court that this was a youthful indiscretion that hasn't happened since, he was harshly punished by his parents at the time, did the mandatory counseling required by CPS, and is a victim of irrational haters. BUT, the next scandal showed that he still has sexual sin issues and these would have brought him down, anyway.The combination of the two should keep him off TV for life, or until he finally ditches Anna, writes a lurid tell-all, blows all his money on hookers, and finally moves in with Jon, from Jon & Kate plus 8. The two losers-at-life can commiserate at how reality tv ruined their lives and alienated their children.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

http://dlisted.com/2017/06/05/poor-ole-josh-duggar-is-playing-the-victim-now/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"TMZ says that Josh has filed documents asking to join his sisters’ beach of privacy lawsuit, because like them, he was told by the cops in 2006 that his case would stay private. Since he wasn’t charged, he doesn’t think the reports should’ve gone public. Like his sisters, he wants $$$$ from the City of Springfield, Arkansas, the police department and the publishers of InTouch. In the documents Josh filed, he shamelessly farts up that he’s a victim and has been traumatized by the world finding out that he molested this sisters.

Au contraire, Josh was not interviewed by the police in 2006 and was never told anything by the police except to come in for an interview.  Michelle and Jim Bob promised to bring Josh in for an interview.  Instead, Josh hired a lawyer.  Then that lawyer withdrew from representing Josh.  Josh was 18 years old in 2006 and not a minor.  The police realized that the statute of limitations had expired and they did not find evidence for current molestations, so they did not force Josh to be interrogated.  So, there were no records about Josh for InTouch to publish.  

The finger pointed to Josh as the molester based on the Alice forum post and people in the community who knew.  Just from the police reports, the molester could have been another family member, gender unknown.  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Go ahead Jim Boob. You obviously are an expert with all things. But, like with your son, I must educate you on reality. Not a "reality" show darling but reality, as in the actual world where everyone resides daily. Here's the thing, for example, we all want to watch Diane Sawyer interview Charles Manson so her ratings for that ONE show may be incredible. However, in reality we don't want to see him in our living rooms every week. Same thing for your perv offspring. Everyone may want to see his grand return to the screen for 30 minutes but after that...no. 

So you go right ahead and pull that stunt and pretty soon all your precious flowers in your garden might have to actually get a J- O- B. This will also mean no more staying up all night and laying around like sloths all day. Again, reality, most families don't do that either.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Au contraire, Josh was not interviewed by the police in 2006 and was never told anything by the police except to come in for an interview.  Michelle and Jim Bob promised to bring Josh in for an interview.  Instead, Josh hired a lawyer.  Then that lawyer withdrew from representing Josh.  Josh was 18 years old in 2006 and not a minor.  The police realized that the statute of limitations had expired and they did not find evidence for current molestations, so they did not force Josh to be interrogated.  So, there were no records about Josh for InTouch to publish.  

The finger pointed to Josh as the molester based on the Alice forum post and people in the community who knew.  Just from the police reports, the molester could have been another family member, gender unknown.  

The statute of limitations is 3 years minimum and can be longer if the victim is a minor. I thought Josh was 14 & 15 when it happened. At 18 in 2006, that's still within the standard 3 year limit. 

3 hours ago, ariel said:

Yes

Its called karma. Be a judgemental bitch to everyone, look down your nose at people who eat, dress and/or worship different then it comes back around. You get out what you put in.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Catfin said:

Probably wishful thinking. However, now that it is apparent how poorly homeschooled the older ones were, perhaps CS would get involved for the younger ones. They obviously can't go back on the Josh stuff.   Maybe someone will notice that baby miracle Josie needs assistance. 

Unfortunately, you're allowed to homeschool your children as poorly as you want in most states, Arkansas very much included. Most states have bought the fundie homeschool lobby's argument that the kind of education your kids get is parents' business and nobody else's. Even if the children themselves protest against the homeschooling and ask the government to intervene and place them in school schooling because their homeschooling is so inadequate, that won't be done because the kind and quality of homeschooling children get is to be set by the parents and nobody else in many states. (there was a case in Virginia a few years ago that showed this clearly, and Arkansas has similar law with a similar hands-off attitude)

• Love 5

Typically I'm happy & kind. I can occasionally be bitchy too, though not usually with strangers. But I'm guessing I've been not so pleasant more than once to someone I didn't know. 

I hope Anna can figure things out that work best for her and I won't judge her for her bitchiness on that one occasion.

• Love 10

And that is why I am glad we don't allow homeschooling.

I'm not sure if I wish for the Josh gets in on the lawsuit to be true or not. It might make it even more of a disaster than it already is. It does goes to show how delusional and shitty these people truly are.

Perhaps Anna simly got her just rewards when marrying that smugface. If she had any fecking substance she would have woken up by now. Or maybe she isn't miserable enough yet.

• Love 2

Here is what I'm wondering this morning. When the girls' lawsuit was announced, there was some debate here about how much information would come out about the family, molestations, etc. during the depositions. In other words, there was debate as to what questions lawyers would be allowed to ask. So my question for those familiar with legal proceedings is this: Would adding Josh to the lawsuit open the door for the lawyers to ask questions (either of Josh or the girls) that they would not have been able to ask previously, thus revealing more information about the family and molestations?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Buggin said:

Wish one of the girls' husbands would be man enough to tell Josh to f-off with this.

Oh man, SAME. I've already convinced myself that the judge in this case will consider all sorts of evidence from the defense inadmissible, thereby heavily skewing the evidence in the prosecution's favor. The jury will have to side with the Duggars, because all the evidence they'll be allowed to here will be from their perspective. At this point, my only hope is that the depositions are made public so I can get some entertainment out of this whole thing.

9 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

While reading this chunky skid mark of words, you may learn that you have a talent for rolling your eyes, heaving, laughing and punching the screen at the same time!"

Which is, of course, bullshit, because Josh was never interviewed by police.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is entirely a family decision...the girls are completely on board with Josh joining their lawsuit.

• Love 1