Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Seriously? Merely disagreeing with him will do it. He blocked me TWICE! Anna blocked me on IG last week. I can say I deserved it; I might have said that Josh committed real crimes, etc. :D

• Love 14

Seriously? Merely disagreeing with him will do it. He blocked me TWICE! Anna blocked me on IG last week. I can say I deserved it; I might have said that Josh committed real crimes, etc. :D

I sure hope they don't sue you, Sew Sumi!

Are you serious?  Famy cleaned toilets for MEchelle?  Thankfully, I missed that episode. Or, maybe I blocked it from my memory.

If so, that is just nasty and repulsive. I would shoot myself in the foot before I allowed someone to clean my bathroom (aside from someone I hired to do it).    I wonder if she had to go pick up the dirty underwear in Jimchelle's bedroom as well?  Okay- i definitely feel sick now.

truthtalk2014, is that Samantha from Bewitched?
  • Love 2

My kinda gal.

• Love 5

She's due early July. I don't know the exact date, but I'm due the 7th and am remembering she was due shortly after me. So she would be around 38 weeks pregnant currently. I think maybe it was JessDVD who was due th 10th same as Anna?

• Love 4

Yep July 10, I remember that because it is my youngest child's birthday (she will be 23!)

I really hope Anna has a safe, smooth L & D and that she gets some time to be alone and think.

• Love 3

The Duggars strike me as the kind of people who, when asked what language the Bible was written in would say English. And attempting to explain the KJV is riddled with translation mistakes would just get a blank look.

Josh is perfectly free to rant on Twitter as a private citizen. People will be just as free to reply.

I wouldn't be surprised. I once encountered a backward fundie from Alabama in an online chatroom who steadfastly refused to back down from her claim that the original bible was written in old English.

Boob is looking for young men that are into ministry to marry his daughters, strange I never heard Josh say he wanted to become a minister.

Well, they apply the term "ministry" pretty loosely. It can be as simple as sharing your faith with your coworkers, they've said. They say their reality show is a ministry too. Pretty convenient to get paid so well for a "ministry!"

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh FFS! Can't we do something about that sycophant Sierra??? 

eta: I guess this also confirms that the Smugs are staying at the guest house for the time being as Poor Jana works that circular saw. It would be nice if we saw Joshiepoo working on his own.damn.house.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13

If look at what else that guy posted, you'll see like an entire class of preschool kids on a construction site.

Of course. Don't you know they learn more that way than they ever would in a classroom?

eta: I guess this also confirms that the Smugs are staying at the guest house for the time being as Poor Jana works that circular saw. It would be nice if we saw Joshiepoo working on his own.damn.house.

At this rate, I think Anna will be giving birth in the guest house.

• Love 4
(edited)

I would love to see Josh (attempt to) engage in a genuine debate with someone about a hot button issue. Any hot button issue. See how he handles things when he can't just drop stupid, trite (or stupidly trite) soundbites without being called out or disagreed with.

I would love to see (or hear) Josh debate bible issues with John Fugelsang.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7

Poor Jana works that circular saw.

I think she's vacuuming it. Woman's work. Servant's heart, etc.

What a cake life Josh has. Even after committing the some of the worst crimes he's getting random strangers and family, some of whom may be his victims, to remodel his house. Will he EVER have to do shit for himself? Precious Josh indeed.

• Love 19
(edited)

Somebody might want to tell those dumb bunnies that sandals in a construction area is stupid and dangerous. There's a reason why guys in hard hats don't wear flip flops on the job.

JoanArc, Josh was probably stuffing his fat face at Taco Bell while everyone was working.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13

I had a dream last night where the news announced that Josh was the father of Bristol Palin's new baby. I was actually sorry that I woke up before I could find out what happened next.

Also, I'm cut off at 2 beers on Saturday night from now on.

If this were real life and they made a VSE, I would watch the living shit out of it. 

Looks like they're still renovating Josh's new house: https://instagram.com/p/4ippaHxhF-/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

Isn't this posted by the same guy that posted pictures of Blessa at the furniture store? 

Precious Josh isn't annointed to do heavy lifting like his siblings are. 

Somebody might want to tell those dumb bunnies that sandals in a construction area is stupid and dangerous. There's a reason why guys in hard hats don't wear flip flops on the job.

And they second you do that they will come back with, "Well, Jesus was a carpenter. He wore sandals and never had a problem so why would I?"

• Love 3

If this were real life and they made a VSE, I would watch the living shit out of it. 

Isn't this posted by the same guy that posted pictures of Blessa at the furniture store? 

Precious Josh isn't annointed to do heavy lifting like his siblings are. 

And they second you do that they will come back with, "Well, Jesus was a carpenter. He wore sandals and never had a problem so why would I?"

Yes. I made note of that when I posted the furniture store pic in the Jessa thread. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Add me to the list of those blocked by Josh. A few years ago he was bitching about raising the minimum wage on twitter. I asked him if he could support his family on $7.50 an hour because without Daddy and TLC that's all his homeschool GED would get him. And poof! Blocked to this day. :D

Minimum wage jobs aren't meant to support families.

But yeah, Josh could use some real-world work experience that doesn't involve his last name.

Edited by Flowers
  • Love 11

What a cake life Josh has. Even after committing the some of the worst crimes he's getting random strangers and family, some of whom may be his victims, to remodel his house. Will he EVER have to do shit for himself? Precious Josh indeed.

Not to diminish what Josh did, but I can think of a lot worse crimes.  Two children were crucified by ISIS in the Mideast this week because they ate during the fasting period during Ramadan.  Children are not required to fast, unless I guess you are a member of ISIS.

• Love 1

If a person works forty hours a week, why shouldn't they be able to live decent lives? Why should it be acceptable for an entire class of people in service industries to not be able to afford children?

That's a classic entitlement mindset.

I'd like a 3,000 sq ft home. Why can't I have one? Well in our area of the country, we can afford a 2,000 sq ft home and we make it work, and we don't think we're owed anything.

• Love 8
(edited)

JoanArc, Josh was probably stuffing his fat face at Taco Bell while everyone was working.

Chic-Fil-A. They forgive him. :)

Not to diminish what Josh did, but I can think of a lot worse crimes.

Granted, crimes against humanity are worse. Still, I'd have routed those workers to habitat for humanity, instead of helping a repentant-ish molester golden boy put in a new toilet. Of course, maybe they see it as helping Anna, more than helping Josh. I sympathize with that.

That's a classic entitlement mindset.

So's the 'eternal life' gag, but that's a topic for the religion thread...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9
(edited)

Not to diminish what Josh did, but I can think of a lot worse crimes.  Two children were crucified by ISIS in the Mideast this week because they ate during the fasting period during Ramadan.  Children are not required to fast, unless I guess you are a member of ISIS.

Please take your ISIS issues to an appropriate forum here. What you posted has nothing to due with Josh.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 10

No one is entitled to cheap labor, people are entitled to a living wage.

I don't think the underclass or any class need large houses for their families, but people need to be paid enough to live, and if they can't do that, no one should expect these people show up to work.

It depends on HOW people live. If you're paying for several cell phones and keep having children you can't afford to feed and insist on certain types of vehicles, you aren't using your money wisely.

If you want to live a certain way, including having a family, you aim for a certain kind of job, work more than one job, and so on.

This topic is way OT, so I'm ending my contribution here.

I really don't see how it's entitled to want to be able to support yourself and your family (a reasonably sized one anyway) on a full-time job. That's the point of a full-time job. If you work full-time or more and you still can't make ends meet, someone is taking advantage of you. Now, true entitlement is someone like Josh expecting to get handed things like a car dealer ship, a reality show, a house or a cushy job without doing anything much in return. Or the Duggars in general expecting hand-outs and love offerings from family, friends or perfect strangers just because they're so holy and awesome and Christian.

An example of a minimum wage job when I was growing up was McDonalds. All the teenagers worked there, and kept moving on to better jobs after that. Now we expect undocumented immigrants to be able to support their families with such jobs. Those kinds of jobs aren't meant for that,

• Love 5

The off topic discussion of Isis, entitlements, low paying service jobs, big vs. small houses flight has taken off and is trying to find an airport to land at. Lets give the flight crew and passengers a rest by going back to the to the main thread topic at hand. The talk has plenty of other places to take off in the discussion social media sky. Potentially heated off topic posts or discussions trying to sneak in and take a seat on the plane will be edited or hidden by your mod flight attendants. Any questions or concerns, please push your PM button above your posting seat to get the attention of the mods. Thank you.

I get what you're saying. However, the home's location or owner wasn't identified. No reason Josh couldn't have been pictured helping on "someone else's" house. *wink* 

If the stories are true, then Josh has bodyguards protecting him and the TTH, anyway. Seriously, showing him helping out might IMPROVE his image right about now. He's shown that he's ready to "come out" as it were. At present, it looks like he's hiding behind Jana's circular saw. 

• Love 1

I get what you're saying. However, the home's location or owner wasn't identified. No reason Josh couldn't have been pictured helping on "someone else's" house. *wink* 

If the stories are true, then Josh has bodyguards protecting him and the TTH, anyway. Seriously, showing him helping out might IMPROVE his image right about now. He's shown that he's ready to "come out" as it were. At present, it looks like he's hiding behind Jana's circular saw. 

It would certainly do more for his image than being photographed eating ice cream in a public place, while talking about how wonderful his marriage is. If you can go to ice-cream parlors or whatever and get the resulting photos published in the celebrity media, you aren't exactly on total safety-related lockdown.

• Love 5

They're all so tone-deaf none of them realized that to most people (i.e.the non-fundys) it makes him look arrogant and unrepentant. He only had to confess in front of his church/family/Elders and not the larger community? I wouldn't think him anything but a creep but going down on his knees and re-enacting the Jimmy Swaggert "I have sinned!" speech would go a long way towards placating the fanbase.

• Love 6

I bet Anna is relieved to be able to have a baby without a camera shoved in her face, for the first time, since entering this circus.

Relieved? ? Anna probably is crying puddles that no one gives a shit about baby number 4

• Love 11
(edited)

Who is this Joe guy and , gasp, why is his wife working and wearing skinny jeans?

Looking at his Instagram - dude has some money. Does he own that furniture store the Duggars promote? If I didn't know better, I'd think he was a Duggar/popped out of clown car judging by the amount of Duggar pics he posts.

If Josh was at his new house helping others remodel, they wouldn't have taken so many pics and videos there. Dude is still in seclusion. I wonder if he will eventually speak to the media?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2
(edited)

I doubt the daughter of a family friend was really a babysitter, at least to the Duggars.  JimBob probably began using the word "babysitter" because it makes it seem like the girl was older than she was at the time to minimize Josh's crimes. 

I hope she wins and wins big.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 19

Anna is surely seething that this is coming to light as she's about to birth M4.

I was thinking the same thing. She certainly doesn't deserve this. I hope she gives birth and rethinks having any more. I couldn't imagine having anymoire kids with that piece of shit no matter how much God has forgiven him. *puke*

• Love 4