Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Why do the words "bidet" and "Josh" make me think of that scene from Crocodile Dundee thinking its a boot washer? Maybe I'm not giving Josh enough credit here. He did travel to Europe on TLC's dime.

I bet the use of a bidet is against the rules....I will just leave it at that!

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't let random people into my home, so I can't fault the Duggars for how they handled the DHS worker. If you're legit, you can come back with the cops and them we'll talk.

This probably more appropriately belongs in the JimBob and Michelle thread or maybe the media thread, but yeah, it's not a good idea to let random government employees march on in to your house without a warrant, for reasons that I'd have to get into some off-topic personal stories in order to illustrate.

IF it is true that someone from DHS dropped by unannounced, it would not be surprising to me for the Duggars to refuse entry to the house.  I'm guessing they belong to HSLDA and if they do not, even then they are most likely familiar with what HSLDA says to do if someone calls CPS on you and would have been following that script.  HSLDA advises not to let a social worker into your home without a court order because then you have waived your Fourth Amendment protection against search and seizure.  However, they do say that depending on the situation, you should produce the child at the door that the inquiry is being made about so that the social worker can observe that the child is okay.  If you google "HSLDA social worker at your door" then you can pull up copies of the article (HSLDA claims it is a "members-only resource" but I've seen homeschoolers post it on their blogs and other places).

I read TTUAC. They do not suggest plumbing line. I'm afraid that's old Free Jinger folklore. They DO suggest a switch, 1/4" in diameter, IIRC. And that's what I'm sure the Duggars employed back in the days before the cameras were there more often than not.

I can't remember whether it was in their book, but the plumbing line is recommended on the Pearls' website.  "The rod we speak of is a plumbing supply line that can be bought at any hardware store or large department store. It is a slim, flexible, plastic tubing that supplies water to sinks, and toilets. Ask for '¼ inch supply line.' They cost less than one dollar. I always give myself one swat before I swat the child to remind myself how much force to exert. It stings the skin without bruising or damaging tissue. It’s a real attention-getter. Michael demonstrates its use in our new Seminar videos."  

Edited by TomServo
  • Love 3

I am just reeling over the plumbing-line recommendation. How kind of them to provide the exact specs of the type to be used.

Why the hell aren't these f*ckers in jail? All these damn fools who call themselves parents. God.

• Love 13

I can't remember whether it was in their book, but the plumbing line is recommended on their website.  "The rod we speak of is a plumbing supply line that can be bought at any hardware store or large department store. It is a slim, flexible, plastic tubing that supplies water to sinks, and toilets. Ask for '¼ inch supply line.' They cost less than one dollar. I always give myself one swat before I swat the child to remind myself how much force to exert. It stings the skin without bruising or damaging tissue. It’s a real attention-getter. Michael demonstrates its use in our new Seminar videos."  

This makes me want to puke. 

• Love 15

At any age, since using the "rod" means guiding your children like a shepherd guides its flock, not beating them.  Or making excuses for them, especially at the expense of your other children.

Josh and Anna moving reminds me that I did have hope for them in D.C., living outside the compound and meeting more mainstream conservative Christians.  And I remember noticing when the whole family visited a church that Josh was moving to the music and not standing uncomfortably still.  Anna in Arkansas with Josh, four kids, no money, and the whole world knowing what her husband did is extremely depressing. 

Yes about the rod. And it was also a measuring stick as in one gives one's child a yardstick to help make life's decisions. 

Absolutely true!

I grew up fundie and you'd better believe the church does every thing they can to stop second marriages. I divorced my husband because he was an alcoholic who refused to get help and kept losing his job. No sympathy from "friends" at church. Apparently *I* didn't try hard enough. Ha! I was pressured over & over again to "make it work" and get back together with my ex. The straw that broke the camel's back was when, after being divorced/single for 8 years, I re-connected with my old high school sweetheart. The pastor had the nerve to tell me that he wouldn't "allow" us to get married in the church. Fine with me...haven't been back to church since. (oooh....heathen!!!!!!!!!!)

Yes, Anna is absolutely stuck. She does NOT have the fortitude to stand up to the ire of her fundie "friends" and family. I feel terrible that she's stuck in this situation. Then again, she apparently "knew" about it while they were courting. If she really did know, then she's reaping her "rewards", eh?

So what about death? Not even if your spouse tries to kill you or beat you until you're black and blue? I know society looks down on divorce but things happen. I would rather two people divorce than to be married and miserable

This probably more appropriately belongs in the JimBob and Michelle thread or maybe the media thread, but yeah, it's not a good idea to let random government employees march on in to your house without a warrant, for reasons that I'd have to get into some off-topic personal stories in order to illustrate.

IF it is true that someone from DHS dropped by unannounced, it would not be surprising to me for the Duggars to refuse entry to the house. I'm guessing they belong to HSLDA and if they do not, even then they are most likely familiar with what HSLDA says to do if someone calls CPS on you and would have been following that script. HSLDA advises not to let a social worker into your home without a court order because then you have waived your Fourth Amendment protection against search and seizure. However, they do say that depending on the situation, you should produce the child at the door that the inquiry is being made about so that the social worker can observe that the child is okay. If you google "HSLDA social worker at your door" then you can pull up copies of the article (HSLDA claims it is a "members-only resource" but I've seen homeschoolers post it on their blogs and other places).

I can't remember whether it was in their book, but the plumbing line is recommended on their website. "The rod we speak of is a plumbing supply line that can be bought at any hardware store or large department store. It is a slim, flexible, plastic tubing that supplies water to sinks, and toilets. Ask for '¼ inch supply line.' They cost less than one dollar. I always give myself one swat before I swat the child to remind myself how much force to exert. It stings the skin without bruising or damaging tissue. It’s a real attention-getter. Michael demonstrates its use in our new Seminar videos."

I wouldn't take advise from hslda. But he is right. You don't have to let them in. But people think if they don't let them in the case will close or nothing will happen. Wrong! Cps still has to investigate.

• Love 1

I'll be honest - I have nothing to hide and am extremely law abiding, but no one comes into my house without a warrant. I take my rights as a citizen very seriously. I don't know what they are looking for, but if they can't produce a piece of paper signed by a judge giving me specifics, we can talk politely outside.

And I am seriously the most law abiding person I can imagine. I just don't see a reason to give up a right because someone says I should.

• Love 11

It will be easier for Josh to start over then you think it is, especially if the Duggars get dropped like a hot potato in the next few months. Now it will take some hard work and elbow grease. I'm not sure that Josh has the fortitude for that.

He goes to a two- or four- year school to get a degree in political science or history. He could be ambitious and try for a law degree, but I think that's a long shot. Then he quietly begins low-level work at a political consulting firm or for a lobbyist group. He may not even need to work in DC. He won't make 250k/year, but he'll make a decent wage for Anna and the kids.

He doesn't have a criminal record. His reputation is currently shot, but no one will care in four years. Legally, there's no reason why he can't be hired.

Law school would be difficult - he would have to divulge details of his case both for admission to a law school as well as for permission to sit the bar exam. It's far enough in the past they might let him sit the exam, but that can be a crapshoot.

That said, I think your idea is the best plan for him to get his life back on track. For Anna and the kids, I hope he is able to do something like that.

• Love 2

I read TTUAC. They do not suggest plumbing line. I'm afraid that's old Free Jinger folklore. They DO suggest a switch, 1/4" in diameter, IIRC. And that's what I'm sure the Duggars employed back in the days before the cameras were there more often than not. 

Back on-topic: I agree that THIS is probably the best opportunity that Josh is ever going to have to go to college. We don't know if he paid cash for his house, but even if he didn't, it was cheap, so expenses would be low. He could lay low and work for Boob for a few years while he also gets an education that means something (not Ecclesia College, the one that never took him off of their Board). Summer semester starts next week! :D

Actually, they do recommend plumbing line in other places, though, just not in the book.   

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/questions-answered/

Here, Debbie recommends it in a question-answer section of their blog:

' Please give me a description of the switch or rod of which you so often speak. I wish you could send me one so I could see it.

'The rod we speak of is a plumbing supply line that can be bought at any hardware store or large department store. It is a slim, flexible, plastic tubing that supplies water to sinks, and toilets. Ask for “¼ inch supply line.” They cost less than one dollar. I always give myself one swat before I swat the child to remind myself how much force to exert. It stings the skin without bruising or damaging tissue. It’s a real attention-getter. Michael demonstrates its use in our new Seminar videos.'

• Love 3

Law school would be difficult - he would have to divulge details of his case both for admission to a law school as well as for permission to sit the bar exam. It's far enough in the past they might let him sit the exam, but that can be a crapshoot.

That said, I think your idea is the best plan for him to get his life back on track. For Anna and the kids, I hope he is able to do something like that.

Do you think so? He's notorious, for sure, but he was never convicted or even arrested -- just investigated. And he was a juvenile when that happened. I'm not sure it would be a problem.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not even if your spouse tries to kill you or beat you until you're black and blue? I know society looks down on divorce but things happen. I would rather two people divorce than to be married and miserable

One of the reasons I "fell away" from the church was because I asked my Bible study leader about whether divorce was permissible in abusive situations, and all she did was hem and haw and say stuff like, "Well, if your life were really in danger, then we'd put you up in a neighbor's home, away from the abusive husband." 

Me: "Okay, that's good, but then could I also divorce him? Because he's abusive and I shouldn't have to be connected to him!"

Bible study leader: "Er..." 

I walked away wondering if I really wanted to be part of a church that wanted battered spouses to stay tied to their abusers. The answer ended up being no.  

Considering how much more extreme the Duggars/Kellers are - I was attending a mainstream church at the time - I don't have high hopes for Anna. (Not that Anna is a battered spouse.) 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 17

What case?  No charges were ever brought against him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Do you think so? He's notorious, for sure, but he was never convicted or even arrested -- just investigated. And he was a juvenile when that happened. I'm not sure it would be a problem.

All state bars have a "character and fitness" test for applicants to determine whether they are able to sit the bar. You have to divulge things like past or present mental illness, whether you are taking any sort of prescription medications, why you flunked out of that one random class in college, etc. Pertinent to Josh, you have to divulge if you've been investigated and the outcome of that investigation - even if you were a juvenile and it's been sealed. When I sat the bar, I had to try and figure out when I received a traffic ticket some ten years prior and provide a copy, even though it was a fender bender. The process is rigorous and any misrepresentation, even if accidental, is a huge mark against you.

In my state, they would let people with prior convictions, investigations, or mental illness/addiction sometimes sit the bar, but usually after a long period of time - to be considered fit, you had to demonstrate substantive change. Given the allegations against Josh, I have no idea how long a period that would be, but I don't think the "counseling" he had would meet the expectations of addressing the issue. The amount of hoops I had to jump through to show I had addressed a few difficulties I had early on in law school, despite later making the Dean's List, were insane. I can't imagine what they'd expect from Josh.

Edited by starving artist
  • Love 10

JB has plenty of land for a compound to house all his kids as they grow up and marry, and real estate and auto businesses for his sons to pick up and work at so they don't have to go out and be under the "authority" of the wrong kind....

Actually, I distinctly remember JB stating in one of the early TTH building episodes that he purchased the land with the hope that each child would eventually build a house there. It was part of the 'master plan'.

JB must be so happy his Joshie is coming home!

• Love 1
(edited)

Actually, and I know this as I used to work in the registrar's office of a law school in NYC, you do not.  Most schools require you to divulge any arrests or convictions.  Josh was never arrest.  He was never convicted.  His name alone would throw up some read flags at 90% of the law schools in the country, but for all intents and purposes, unless he has a really, really bad driving record, he could answer NO to both questions with a clean conscience. 

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 1
(edited)

Actually, I distinctly remember JB stating in one of the early TTH building episodes that he purchased the land with the hope that each child would eventually build a house there. It was part of the 'master plan'.

JB must be so happy his Joshie is coming home!

He did say that, in the building the house special, I think. I think the intent was for all the children to stay, and JB would always remain in charge.

Edited by starving artist
  • Love 2

He did say tha, in the building the house special, I think. I think the intent was for all the children to stay, and JB would always remain in charge.

So basically, if you want to be king, just hatch out enough people to start your own country.

I guess that worked for thousands of years.

• Love 14
JB must be so happy his Joshie is coming home!

I know that we basically assume that Joshie is the Golden Boy, but I have to wonder if this fall from grace has turned him into the family loser. Well, he always HAS been as far as I'm concerned, but in JB and MEE-chelle's eyes. There's really no one else to point to and place blame. Just themselves and Josh.  

We KNOW that they could care less that Anna and the grandkids are back in Arkansas. That's one more pregnant woman around to take focus off MEE-chelle and remind her that the CLown Car Uterus is done, and four grandkids that she has zero fucks to give. 

• Love 6

He did say tha, in the building the house special, I think. I think the intent was for all the children to stay, and JB would always remain in charge.

So much for cleave and leave, eh?

I can't wait to see how his Gothardite Kingdom devolves into a dystopia.  Or rather I would if these weren't real life people. 

• Love 11

So much for cleave and leave, eh?

I can't wait to see how his Gothardite Kingdom devolves into a dystopia.  Or rather I would if these weren't real life people. 

They're still giving conference presentations on how they "equip and release" their brood, however. They just don't equip them very well or release them very far, I guess.

• Love 16
(edited)

Which category would Josh fit into to be allowed to change his social security number? I worked there and I only ever saw one person get a change approved. It was a very strange case. They still keep the original number tied to the person's name, too. Is he suffering enough harassment that he needs a new SSN?

Well, I was offered the chance to change my SS #. It is on a poster in your local SSA office. I have a restraining order against someone who committed a felony DV against me. I declined but anyone who feels their life (Josh could fall into that category) is in danger can file for a new SS#. It really impacts your life though.

It is the person's decision, no one can gauge how much danger one feels they are in.

Edited by Jellybeans
(edited)
So what about death?

My friend told me "that's entirely different" -- no problem for the widowed to remarry, unless it's to a divorced person of course!

Not even if your spouse tries to kill you or beat you until you're black and blue? I know society looks down on divorce but things happen. I would rather two people divorce than to be married and miserable

No. Absolutely frowned upon. Living apart under such circumstances would be OK, but never a divorce and remarriage.

Edited by jschoolgirl
  • Love 1

Actually, and I know this as I used to work in the registrar's office of a law school in NYC, you do not.  Most schools require you to divulge any arrests or convictions. 

Well, sure; the SCHOOL will let you in.  They're happy to take your money.  But sitting for the bar is another matter.  I have acquaintances who had to appeal rulings against them by the Character and Fitness Board for things the rest of us would consider to be minor, like parking or speeding tickets.

• Love 3

Well, sure; the SCHOOL will let you in.  They're happy to take your money.  But sitting for the bar is another matter.  I have acquaintances who had to appeal rulings against them by the Character and Fitness Board for things the rest of us would consider to be minor, like parking or speeding tickets.

Yes, this is true.  (My Barbri lecture about Character and Fitness is coming back to me in waves).  I think the first red flag would be the Duggar last name, but that may well be entrépot at some schools (eyes Liberty University School of Law suspiciously).

• Love 1

So what about death? Not even if your spouse tries to kill you or beat you until you're black and blue? I know society looks down on divorce but things happen. I would rather two people divorce than to be married and miserable

I wouldn't take advise from hslda. But he is right. You don't have to let them in. But people think if they don't let them in the case will close or nothing will happen. Wrong! Cps still has to investigate.

Death is the *only* acceptable means of having a second marriage.  Yes, even the victims of spousal abuse aren't welcomed to re-marry after divorce in the truly fundamental Baptist churches.  It's awful.  They prefer you to be alone for the rest of your life.  There was actually a Sunday school class for the ladies who were single due to divorce and that's what they teach.  Reconcile, reconcile, reconcile.  Forgive them for their "mistakes".  Never mind the "mistakes" are terrbile things. Sound familiar?

I just don't see Anna having enough backbone to stand up to this and strike out on her own.  She would literally be 100% alone.  Her family would disown her.  When I first told my parents I was leaving my ex because his drinking was out of control, my mother actually said "we don't get divorced in this family.  You made a promise to God, you work it out!"  Guilt trip, how dare you think of yourself and your personal well being.  It really opened my eyes to just how oppressive this culture is.  I was raised in it.  Anna drinks the proverbial kool-aid hook, line & sinker.  One guilt trip from her family or pastor and I feel she'll crumble.  Just look at the way she stares at Josh with adoration when he speaks.  She's not going any where.

• Love 8

Is Josh in a similar situation as Bill Cosby? As far as I know, all of Cosby's tv shows have been pulled off the air even though he too has not been arrested or convicted of a crime. Then again, Cosby is much older and has plenty of money to live on the rest of his life..not the case with Josh.

On a similar not, I remember when the whole Monica Lewinsky affair happened with Clinton and she couldn't escape the public eye for years, finally moving to London for a long time. It's been 20 years now so a lot of younger people might not have ever heard of her. But Josh Duggar will always have his name/brand associated with the tv show. And in 20 years, Jim Bob and Michelle will be nearly 70, hopefully nobody will be paying them to trot around the country to speak out about their beliefs. Gothardism might well be on its way out by then anyway...we can only hope. I haven't seen one positive story about the long term effects of raising children in this faith/cult.

• Love 2

Yes, sitting for the bar is a big deal, ethicswise. My husband had to demonstrate every parking ticket. Josh would have to not only demonstrate that his juvenile record was clear, but he is not a source of threat currently. At least in most states.

Is Josh even willing to take first year college classes or any remedial coursework he may need?  If his ego hasn't been shrunk, I expect he might think he's ready to go to work on someone's campaign.

• Love 1

That won't pay the bills. He's not ready, or qualified, to be anyone's campaign manager. Huckabee probably doesn't have room for him, since he's already out there campaigning (and a staff member has been advising the Duggars). 

I really don't see any place for him right now other than working for JB. He can't even campaign on the Stink Bus when the Duggars go out; I imagine that he's not a welcome public face for ANYONE'S campaign (thinking of whoever ends up being the Republican presidential candidate down the line). At best, he's an anonymous person behind the scenes, but again, that doesn't pay well, if at all, in most cases. 

• Love 7

That won't pay the bills. He's not ready, or qualified, to be anyone's campaign manager. Huckabee probably doesn't have room for him, since he's already out there campaigning (and a staff member has been advising the Duggars).

I really don't see any place for him right now other than working for JB. He can't even campaign on the Stink Bus when the Duggars go out; I imagine that he's not a welcome public face for ANYONE'S campaign (thinking of whoever ends up being the Republican presidential candidate down the line). At best, he's an anonymous person behind the scenes, but again, that doesn't pay well, if at all, in most cases.

Maybe Josh can put is graphic design skills to work by making flyers for whatever business daddy JimBoob has.

• Love 6

For sure.  I was mentioning it because of all the speculation of could Josh pass the character review of the bar when as far as we know he's never even taken community college placement tests.  I'm not sure he would be taken on as a volunteer by any campaign, but he probably still sees himself as quite capable of being in the mix for a paid campaign position. 

• Love 1

I am just catching up, so I'm swimming upstream (sorry). I'm in my mid 50's, and when I raised my children, it was the "norm" to swat their hiney if they needed correction. Never used a switch on my kids. My mom could whip off her flip flop and swat a bottom faster than you could blink. I never, admittedly, thought of what I got (or what my kids got) as corporal punishment. So there, I've admitted I was a swatter.

But I CANNOT for the LIFE of me imagine a sane person going into a hardware store to buy a length of tubing for the sole purpose of hitting a child with it. Good Lord! What is WRONG with these people????

• Love 22

Is Josh in a similar situation as Bill Cosby? As far as I know, all of Cosby's tv shows have been pulled off the air even though he too has not been arrested or convicted of a crime. Then again, Cosby is much older and has plenty of money to live on the rest of his life..not the case with Josh.

On a similar not, I remember when the whole Monica Lewinsky affair happened with Clinton and she couldn't escape the public eye for years, finally moving to London for a long time. It's been 20 years now so a lot of younger people might not have ever heard of her. But Josh Duggar will always have his name/brand associated with the tv show. And in 20 years, Jim Bob and Michelle will be nearly 70, hopefully nobody will be paying them to trot around the country to speak out about their beliefs. Gothardism might well be on its way out by then anyway...we can only hope. I haven't seen one positive story about the long term effects of raising children in this faith/cult.

Well, a tiny handful of networks are still running Cosby.

Similarly, while I don't think that Josh can ever show up in the mainstream again, I would bet that there will always be a small hard core that sees the Duggars, including Josh, as persecuted believers and will invite them to things. I doubt there will be a whole lot of money in that, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some.

I mean, Josh repented so that makes him a sterling example of right thinking to hold up in contrast to the unredeemed and unredeemable unrepentant homosexuals, not to mention the wholly hellbound transsexuals, who went so far as to tinker medically with their god-given bodies  and are equally unrepentant about acting on their contrary-to-how-god-made-them feelings. Plus, Josh, JB and M were brought low by the liberal media. So they're martyrs, too. I think there will always be some who'll pay to hear them.

• Love 9

Well, as I said, it was nothing like that in my state when I was admitted. If it's changed significantly since then, no one has mentioned it to me. They did run a criminal background check, but no one asked me about my parking tickets although I did have a couple. And there was definitely no medical check. I think I had to affirm that I was not currently psychotic.

I would think most Bar Associations would do some checking on Josh and probably interview him because of his notoriety, wanting to avoid any appearance of wrongdoing or incompetence. I don't know what the outcome would be and frankly, I doubt it will ever matter. He'd have to earn a four-year bachelors degree and then it's three years of full-time study for the JD, and I just can't see it. But maybe he'll surprise us.

• Love 3

I am just catching up, so I'm swimming upstream (sorry). I'm in my mid 50's, and when I raised my children, it was the "norm" to swat their hiney if they needed correction. Never used a switch on my kids. My mom could whip off her flip flop and swat a bottom faster than you could blink. I never, admittedly, thought of what I got (or what my kids got) as corporal punishment. So there, I've admitted I was a swatter.

But I CANNOT for the LIFE of me imagine a sane person going into a hardware store to buy a length of tubing for the sole purpose of hitting a child with it. Good Lord! What is WRONG with these people????

The blanket training is what makes me sick. BABIES HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPLORE THEIR ENVIRONMENTS. Yeesh, I don't even like kids (so none for me) but i can't imagine hurting an infant for being curious. They have to build muscles by crawling around, and if you're too lazy to make sure your kid is safe crawling around, maybe you shouldn't pop out as many as you can.

• Love 13

I doubt that the new revelation about Huck's coauthor being accused of child molestation is going to help Josh in his job search in Huckabee's office either. Huckabee's going to want to be extra super special careful after two of these stories emerging about his associates in one month. (although, to be fair, the coauthor is the associate of a ton of people -- he was one busy coauthor)

Good Lord! What is WRONG with these people????

We just keep coming back to this question, don't we?

• Love 5

I would think most Bar Associations would do some checking on Josh and probably interview him because of his notoriety, wanting to avoid any appearance of wrongdoing or incompetence. I don't know what the outcome would be and frankly, I doubt it will ever matter. He'd have to earn a four-year bachelors degree and then it's three years of full-time study for the JD, and I just can't see it. But maybe he'll surprise us.

I keep wondering why the subject of Josh becoming a lawyer comes up, because I don't see him as smart enough or diligent enough to ever meet the academic requirements, let alone sit for the bar.

• Love 10

The blanket training is what makes me sick. BABIES HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPLORE THEIR ENVIRONMENTS. Yeesh, I don't even like kids (so none for me) but i can't imagine hurting an infant for being curious. They have to build muscles by crawling around, and if you're too lazy to make sure your kid is safe crawling around, maybe you shouldn't pop out as many as you can.

That's strategic, though. If women are required to teach their children in a way which requires enforcing reflexive absolute obedience through physical violence essentially from the point where they're capable of exercising any form of volition, those children are going to be way easier to control later on. It also means that if the kids do show any form of independence, it's the woman's fault for training poorly, which means the women have to be watching the kids 24/7.

• Love 2
I keep wondering why the subject of Josh becoming a lawyer comes up, because I don't see him as smart enough or diligent enough to ever meet the academic requirements, let alone sit for the bar.

I think it's because one of the earlier documentaries said that his dream job was to become an attorney.

But IA with you in that I don't see him as ever being diligent enough to do all the necessary work. He's been living on easy street for a while now, no way he'd be able to adjust to the grind of law school and studying for the bar. And I know in some states you can take the bar exam without attending law school, but to me that seems even more unlikely. I don't think Josh has the faculty for being that sort of autodidact.

• Love 3

Thank you. I think his only interest was in running for office, or fitting into DC culture. Both of which are gone forever now. He wouldn't even make it as a Better Call Saul type. Business, accounting, or finance would be better bets. That's not likely to happen either.

• Love 1

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering when exactly did Josh and Anna buy the new house? It seems awfully convenient that they happen to have a home to move into just when the scandal broke.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, I dunno.  Like I said, I worked in the registrar's office of a law school (not a very good one, mind you), and I was continually amazed that some of  these people had not only managed to get undergrad degrees but that they were living unsupervised.  I had one student who still had to call his parents every time he needed his SSN.  

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 1

I can't imagine Josh putting any effort into getting any job, since both jobs he's had were handed to him because of who he was.  JimBob gave the crown prince the car lot and the hate group in D.C. gave him the job because he's on a popular TV show and shares their bigoted views.  No need for an education or proven work ethic.....after all, he's Josh Duggar.

• Love 1

Thank you. I think his only interest was in running for office, or fitting into DC culture. Both of which are gone forever now. He wouldn't even make it as a Better Call Saul type. Business, accounting, or finance would be better bets. That's not likely to happen either.

Of course he wouldn't!  Saul had a personality and a few brains.

I think his only hope is making meth in Stinkbus #2 in some desolate part of Arkansas.  ;)  

Like, you know I'm kidding y'all.

• Love 2

That reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask. I've seen a number of pictures of the babies of these people (Duggars/Bates/Wallers) lying on a blanket on the floor. Does this mean they are doing blanket training? Because it seems very odd to me otherwise to use the floor as a place to lay your baby?