Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Jana has to live somewhere post-Boob. Better the TTH where she’s the boss than as aunt-mom to the children of whichever headship is willing to have her. She’s not going to find paid work and live in her own apartment somewhere.

I can totally see Jessa trying to make Jana her own personal Cinderella.

47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If I were Jana, I would make sure I got the house and land.  Then tear down the TTH as they all watch.  Jana doesn't need all of that house, she can build her own tiny house to go with her garden.

And then she will never have to host the rest of the family! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

it would be a great ending to Duggars on TV if the TTH went the way of the Little House on the Prairie location. The whole clan standing around watching while Jana pushes the plunger on the detonator......

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

It really does make you wonder what Boob and JShelle have set up for the kids once they pass.  I'm sure there is plenty of money there especially in terms of property.  I'll bet that if it's not laid out in a cut and dry fashion, there will be a lot of bickering over money.  It reminds we of what happened to the Von Trapp's after Maria died.  The kids all fought over the money and property.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It really does make you wonder what Boob and JShelle have set up for the kids once they pass.  I'm sure there is plenty of money there especially in terms of property.  I'll bet that if it's not laid out in a cut and dry fashion, there will be a lot of bickering over money.  It reminds we of what happened to the Von Trapp's after Maria died.  The kids all fought over the money and property.

My guess is JB is the type that won't have an estate plan because he cannot entertain the idea that he won't be around to be in control.   This is a surprisingly common phenomenon.

2 hours ago, sheshark said:

I want Jana to get it 100%, and sell it.  The land is worth something.  Then get herself a cool condo and start a little business in her tattoo shop.

What are the odds she'll want a tattoo shop made to look like it's a silo? 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

I want Jana to get it 100%, and sell it.  The land is worth something.  Then get herself a cool condo and start a little business in her tattoo shop.

With her female roommate (wink wink)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Far be it for me to defend Jessa, but I had a child who often looked like she'd been styled with an eggbeater -- even before walking away from the brush and comb.   Her hair even today is one of her greatest enemies.   It's not straight, it's not curly, but has irregular waves and grows very, very slowly.  It caused me lots of effort, brainstorming and anguish when she was young.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I have curly hair, and the only time I can brush or comb my hair is when it's wet.  Otherwise, it turns into a massive, frizzy poofball.  I have to shower any time I want to redo my hair.  I really doubt Jessa is going to go to that much effort every day.   Heck, even Henry's hair isn't combed and it would be even easier to deal with.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

I have curly hair, and the only time I can brush or comb my hair is when it's wet.  Otherwise, it turns into a massive, frizzy poofball.  I have to shower any time I want to redo my hair.  I really doubt Jessa is going to go to that much effort every day.   Heck, even Henry's hair isn't combed and it would be even easier to deal with.

Same here, but I've found that if I just dampen it down and work a touch of conditioner through it, I can buy myself an extra day without sogging it down completely in the shower. 

As for Jessa's kids, I think a lot of it is just trying anything she can to achieve that tousled, curly-haired urchin look. Because it more or less worked on Spurgeon when he was a toddler, she's determined to recreate it, but neither Henry nor Ivy's hair is quite curly enough, so she just goes with tousled, and hopes it will read as curly.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Same here, but I've found that if I just dampen it down and work a touch of conditioner through it, I can buy myself an extra day without sogging it down completely in the shower. 

As for Jessa's kids, I think a lot of it is just trying anything she can to achieve that tousled, curly-haired urchin look. Because it more or less worked on Spurgeon when he was a toddler, she's determined to recreate it, but neither Henry nor Ivy's hair is quite curly enough, so she just goes with tousled, and hopes it will read as curly.

So true. Their hair is thin and baby fine and not truly curly. Nothing a comb (no need for a brush) couldn't handle.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Far be it for me to defend Jessa, but I had a child who often looked like she'd been styled with an eggbeater -- even before walking away from the brush and comb.   Her hair even today is one of her greatest enemies.   It's not straight, it's not curly, but has irregular waves and grows very, very slowly. 

39 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I agree on both points: some hair (like mine, sigh) is neither straight nor curly, and when I was a kid my hair was a mess not long after it had been brushed and combed. And I agree that Jessa's trying to recreate the cute tousled look that Spurgeon had for awhile, and failing. Seriously failing. Her kids look unkempt, not cute. 

ETA: For all I know, Ivy's hair may be the problem kind that's hard to keep looking tidy - but I also think Jessa hasn't really tried. She wants that tousle-haired look, and apparently wants it to just happen. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Is Ivy really big for her age or is Henry small for his age? They look to be the same size now. 

Children's head tend to be the similar size as they get older, so maybe that is why it seems so. My kids are 4 years apart, 7 and 3 years ols, but their heads are not very different (4cm in diameter, sorry I don't know inches, I measured to buy a helmet)

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Looks like the new dress that so entranced potato baby is shortly going to be another rag in the play clothes pile.  She'll have grown out of it in a few weeks anyway.  Some children will never look better than "passable".  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Tikichick said:

My guess is JB is the type that won't have an estate plan because he cannot entertain the idea that he won't be around to be in control.   This is a surprisingly common phenomenon.

He could leave everything in an iron clad trust. Where the money is doled out slowly and only for certain reasons. The house would remain and only basic living expenses (taxes and insurance) would come out of the trust. A stipend for any kids that he feels like supporting. Like an allowance for Jana (this kills me because it would probably just be the money she earned working on the show) as long as she remains as the cleaner/caretaker. Of course he would appoint someone to head it. My bet is on the Golden child. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He could leave everything in an iron clad trust. Where the money is doled out slowly and only for certain reasons. The house would remain and only basic living expenses (taxes and insurance) would come out of the trust. A stipend for any kids that he feels like supporting. Like an allowance for Jana (this kills me because it would probably just be the money she earned working on the show) as long as she remains as the cleaner/caretaker. Of course he would appoint someone to head it. My bet is on the Golden child. 

JB & M are still relatively young. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but long term care insurance companies are always saying that the average American will spend the last three years of their lives in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.  That sucks up huge amounts of money.

The show has to end sometime, and most likely sooner than later, so how long can JB keep supporting all his kids and grandkids?

Most of us will likely need the sale of our homes to buy down into condos, senior apartments, or pay for nursing homes.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, louannems said:

JB & M are still relatively young. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but long term care insurance companies are always saying that the average American will spend the last three years of their lives in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.  That sucks up huge amounts of money.

The show has to end sometime, and most likely sooner than later, so how long can JB keep supporting all his kids and grandkids?

Most of us will likely need the sale of our homes to buy down into condos, senior apartments, or pay for nursing homes.

JB being JB, he will likely start gifting his kids the max amount of non-taxed cash each year so he will enter any care home on Medicare's dime.

But then again, he would have to admit he was aging.

What will win out, his cheapness or his vanity and pride?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

That sucks up huge amounts of money.

He can move/hide the assets and grift. Medicare will pay for a basic room in a nursing home. Then Jana can go in and give private duty care. It’s not like they are used to 5 Star meals. I’m not trying to argue here. They are still young and should have plenty of life ahead of them. JB is shady. I’m sure he has something up his sleeve. 

• Love 7

Would any Duggar even qualify for Medicare though?  I know you have to actually pay into the social security system in order to receive benefits.  Does Medicare work the same?  If it does, then no Duggar will ever qualify.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So true. Their hair is thin and baby fine and not truly curly. Nothing a comb (no need for a brush) couldn't handle.

Comb, brush, barrettes, ponytail holders, attempts with various products and a little bit of water -- nothing worked out well with my daughter's hair until she got much more length and fullness around first grade. 

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I agree on both points: some hair (like mine, sigh) is neither straight nor curly, and when I was a kid my hair was a mess not long after it had been brushed and combed. And I agree that Jessa's trying to recreate the cute tousled look that Spurgeon had for awhile, and failing. Seriously failing. Her kids look unkempt, not cute. 

ETA: For all I know, Ivy's hair may be the problem kind that's hard to keep looking tidy - but I also think Jessa hasn't really tried. She wants that tousle-haired look, and apparently wants it to just happen. 

"Not long after brushing and combing" for my daughter included watching it go wild the moment the brush or comb released it, as in the very moment.   I actually got in my car and cried the morning after leaving her preschool picture day because she literally looked like she was feral or her hair had been done via leaf blower and eggbeater method.   It's not like she could walk around 24/7 with wet hair or that hair gels, mousses, conditioners, styling cremes, etc. weren't always way too heavy for her hair no matter how minimally they were used.   

3 hours ago, sheshark said:

Mommy?

Sorry sweetie, you were not blessed with a mom who was great on the hair and makeup front in the first place.   I know I was never anywhere near the skill level necessary to manage your youthful tresses.   I know I failed you. 

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sure, there's a lot of ways he could estate plan   Like I said, I suspect he's in the camp that can never reckon with the idea that he will no longer be present or able to personally implement control and change his mind as he wishes.

• Love 6

3 HOURS AGO, LOUANNEMS SAID:

That sucks up huge amounts of money.

He can move/hide the assets and grift. Medicare will pay for a basic room in a nursing home.

Medicaid, not Medicare.  Medicare will only pay for something like 60 days after a hospitalization and only if the patient is making progress in meeting rehab goals.

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Would any Duggar even qualify for Medicare though?  I know you have to actually pay into the social security system in order to receive benefits.  Does Medicare work the same?  If it does, then no Duggar will ever qualify.  

Medicare has an earnings test.  Medicaid (the old welfare system) does not.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 3/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think part of it is that they're unwilling to cut a girl's hair. She could probably make the Spurgeon "tousled" look work, if she'd cut it, but that won't happen, so she'll just look dirty and unkept until she's old enough for to take care of it herself or wear it up.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think part of it is that they're unwilling to cut a girl's hair. She could probably make the Spurgeon "tousled" look work, if she'd cut it, but that won't happen, so she'll just look dirty and unkept until she's old enough for to take care of it herself or wear it up.

And when Ivy is old enough to take care of her hair she won’t have a clue how to do it. By then learned helplessness and the Duggar way will be part of her DNA.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle and the sisters all tried to make Josie have curlier hair too. But they used to slap a whole lot crap in it and scrunch it up.

She used to put hand lotion in it. I remember because one episode, Michelle was away and Jim Bob was watching the kids. One of the howlers - Jackson I think - handed it to him and told him, “Mama uses this for Josie’s hair.”

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

She used to put hand lotion in it. I remember because one episode, Michelle was away and Jim Bob was watching the kids. One of the howlers - Jackson I think - handed it to him and told him, “Mama uses this for Josie’s hair.”

And in one episode, Michelle smeared a palm full of Johnson and Johnson's pink baby lotion in her hair.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

What in the world did she think that was going to do ?

Well you know the Duggars always do things a little different. Plus Meechelle probably had a stockpile of baby lotion with no baby to smear it on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, louannems said:

And in one episode, Michelle smeared a palm full of Johnson and Johnson's pink baby lotion in her hair.

They do the strangest things. The hair lotion, feeding the baby laying down on the couch out of a styrofoam cup, feeding a baby a can of tomato sauce. Just really weird puzzling things I would never think to do. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

They do the strangest things. The hair lotion, feeding the baby laying down on the couch out of a styrofoam cup, feeding a baby a can of tomato sauce. Just really weird puzzling things I would never think to do

Because presumably you're not an idiot!

Did they really feed a baby a can of tomato sauce?!? I have a recollection of cold peas straight from the can, but nothing would surprise me about the Duggars.

• Love 10

from Jessa's tribute to best daddy ever

"Jessa also mentioned that Jim Bob was a big fan of canned vegetables — but she was not a fan of one canned food. “Butter beans? Gross!” Jessa exclaimed. “Butter beans on everybody’s plate. And we were like, ‘oh, these are gross.'” So, to choke down the beans, Jim Bob would give the kids ketchup for the beans to dip them in like fries.

Jessa attributes her relaxed attitude about food to Jim Bob as well. She noted that when Jim Bob was hungry, he would grab a can of corn or a can of soup, open it, and eat the food without heating it up. “I’ve taken after him in that. Sometimes I’ll do that. I’ll just take something cold from the refrigerator and just eat it.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

from Jessa's tribute to best daddy ever

"Jessa also mentioned that Jim Bob was a big fan of canned vegetables — but she was not a fan of one canned food. “Butter beans? Gross!” Jessa exclaimed. “Butter beans on everybody’s plate. And we were like, ‘oh, these are gross.'” So, to choke down the beans, Jim Bob would give the kids ketchup for the beans to dip them in like fries.

Jessa attributes her relaxed attitude about food to Jim Bob as well. She noted that when Jim Bob was hungry, he would grab a can of corn or a can of soup, open it, and eat the food without heating it up. “I’ve taken after him in that. Sometimes I’ll do that. I’ll just take something cold from the refrigerator and just eat it.”

I never got enough to eat as a child. I was always hungry and would eat anything I could. Probably would have eaten like that too at that time. But since the Duggars have never been food insecure, it's odd. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jim Boob probably did it because it's cheaper to eat straight out of can, why waste money on heating when you can eat it cold.

Jessa is so cheap that eating straight out of can would be right up her alley

I think both JB and Jessa were just too damn lazy to bother putting the food into a pan and heating it up.

• Love 22