Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think Evy and Lissy will probably have little to do with their cousins. I can't envision Jeremy moving to Arkansas, so they likely won't see the Duggar side enough to develop any kind of bond. 

Jill, for me, is a wild card. If Boob ended the estrangement tomorrow, I'm 50/50 on whether she'd be over there daily after dropping Izzy off at school. 

Jessa is getting progressively lazier with each kid, so I don't know if she'll make the effort to spend time with Jill and the boys. Spurgeon seems destined for a life of mind-numbing boredom.

• Love 7

it would seem the ones who hang around the TTH a lot will become the next howler herd with their own pack. so the M's Jessa's kids and Joy's. the second tier group which that group will be open to will be the ones that maybe aren't there every day, but are there for family game nights, parties or whatever. so John's, Joe's, Josiah's. then there will be the third group that has been raised  without all the noise and crazy and may or may not be accepting or accepted to run like wild animals

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Tasya said:

I think this is probably how it will end up: 

Uneducated, status-quo Duggars: Josh's kids, Jessa's kids, Joy's kids

Under-educated, Duggar-lite, more stylish: Josiah's kids, Joe's kids

Semi-educated, Duggar-lite and potentially more mainstream fundie: JD's kids

Christian school educated, as far from the Duggars as they can get and more mainstream Christian/fundie-lite: Jinger's kids

Public school educated, Duggar-lite when allowed and mainstream Christian/fundie-lite: Jill

I think this is absolutely spot on accurate. The only potential change is that I think Josiah's kids will be more like JD's rather than Joe's. I suspect that Claritin's eventual kids will probably be raised similarly to Josiah/Joe/JD.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where is Ben going with his out-of-the-package sweater, jeans and shoes? Another Oatmeal and Wheat photo shoot?

Maybe that pic is the photoshoot. They're both dressed in the Oatmeal/Wheat/Denimish theme, so it's matchy-matchy.

And Bin's closed his eyes, as directed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9

The frequent visits to the Big House are probably why Jessa doesn’t want a bigger house. She can bring Bin over to “teach” and then let her kids run wild with Giddy and the younger M’s. Whilst she sips coffee with Meechelle and they look at their phones. Ugh. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I wonder how they are going to fit four kids in that tiny house.  Especially since Bin has his “office” in the boys’ room.

The new baby will sleep with the parents and Ivy will be in the guest bed. You know, the one that Jessa built with the bunk bed on top. Plus when Jessa was a child they crammed more than 4 kids in a bedroom! She can have 3 or 4 more too. Two of the Bates girls, Erin and Alyssa, both have 4 kids in very small two bedroom houses. So a Fundie tradition.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just had a thought.  Now that the lost girls and the howlers are aging into teenagers, they will soon be all be married off.  Perhaps Jim Boob will convert the boys and girls rooms into mini-apertments that some of the married can live in until they flip a house for them.  Thoughts?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I just had a thought.  Now that the lost girls and the howlers are aging into teenagers, they will soon be all be married off.  Perhaps Jim Boob will convert the boys and girls rooms into mini-apertments that some of the married can live in until they flip a house for them.  Thoughts?

😱

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think Boob's always envisioned having a Waco-style compound, so I could see him going for it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SMama said:

So Jessa and Bin have dibs on the first apartment? I wonder who would be up for that arrangement. Jill/Derick, Jinger/Jeremy are definitely out. 

I don't see Abbie, Kendra, Lauren -- or Josiah for that matter, ever wanting any part of living in a situation like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I don't see Abbie, Kendra, Lauren -- or Josiah for that matter, ever wanting any part of living in a situation like that.

So Jessa and Bin with the M family it is. The thing is what are they going to do when the money dries up? No education, no job skills (except JD & Abbie), no ambition. If they keep popping out babies, there won’t be enough to go around soon.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SMama said:

So Jessa and Bin with the M family it is. The thing is what are they going to do when the money dries up? No education, no job skills (except JD & Abbie), no ambition. If they keeping popping out babies, there won’t be enough to go around soon.

They will grift like Jill Rodrigues. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, SMama said:

So Jessa and Bin have dibs on the first apartment? I wonder who would be up for that arrangement. Jill/Derick, Jinger/Jeremy are definitely out. 

I think Jessa would be the one who would move back.  I can see her moving ma and pa out to the apartment and taking over the whole house.  With an office chair sitting menacingly in the corner for when ma and pa come to the big house.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not sure those rooms are big enough to make adequate apartments, and that reminds me that the floor plan of that house is the biggest waste of square footage ever constructed. IIRC, the second floor is just the 3 bedrooms, bathrooms, and prayer closet connected by that cat walk. The rest of what should be the second floor was sacrificed for that high living-room ceiling.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I think Jessa would be the one who would move back.  I can see her moving ma and pa out to the apartment and taking over the whole house.  With an office chair sitting menacingly in the corner for when ma and pa come to the big house.

Gotta be honest, I'd pay to see that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'm not sure those rooms are big enough to make adequate apartments, and that reminds me that the floor plan of that house is the biggest waste of square footage ever constructed.

You're probably right.  I remember that someone, somewhere had re-did the floorplan of the TTH to include small separate bedrooms and they managed to fit quite a few as well as more bathrooms.  I personally hate the current layout.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

You're probably right.  I remember that someone, somewhere had re-did the floorplan of the TTH to include small separate bedrooms and they managed to fit quite a few as well as more bathrooms.  I personally hate the current layout.

But the kids all wanted to be crammed into one bedroom for boys and one for girls. Although the girls room had baby howlers at times too. Cos Boob and Meechelle always did what the kids wanted. Said no one ever but Boob and Meechelle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think it will be a cage match to the death between Jesse and Anna for the TTH. They are both angling to take it over. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

any apartment thing would be years off.

for the girls dorm Josie is only 10 and anyone would have to kick Jana and Laura out

youngest in the boys dorm is tyler who just turned 13.

interesting idea, but a long ways off still. by then Anna will have 10+ kids at the rate she is going and Jessa would have 3-4 more

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if the M kids live in the main TTH house.  Doesn't the Annex only have one windowless upstairs bedroom?

I think you are referring to Bin’s former appalling living quarters. Not that he’s doing much better now. Michelle wouldn’t allow her golden child to live in those conditions. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I think it will be a cage match to the death between Jesse and Anna for the TTH. They are both angling to take it over. 

43 minutes ago, Temperance said:

But Joe and Kendra will take over the TTH!

This is the premise behind the Knives Out redux, Duggar Style. I'm not sure who would win. My instincts say Jessa. She might be able to gross her other siblings out as a power move if she invites them over to her filthy house for a "chat." 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Jessa would win, hands down. JB & M would live in the suite off the laundry room and Jana would live in one of the outbuildings until she built herself a tiny home in the middle of her gardens.

And Jessa would add the Birthing Couch to the collection of couches in the main area.

All future gatherings would be by invite only and Spurgie's job would be checking IDs at the door.

• LOL 22
20 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Anna wins by using Josh’s body like a steel chair to the back of Jessa’s head. 

I also think Anna could take more of a beating to the head. It’s not like she needs her brain, Jessa actually seems mildly conscious, sometimes.

• LOL 19
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Why would Jana want the TTH? Anyway JB will leave it in his will to whoever has the most kids. 

I think Michelle will make sure it goes to her beloved Josh (who's currently leading in the "most kids" sweepstakes, anyway)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think Michelle will make sure it goes to her beloved Josh (who's currently leading in the "most kids" sweepstakes, anyway)

Yup. As much as we hate him here, it's obvious he's still their golden child. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Why would Jana want the TTH? Anyway JB will leave it in his will to whoever has the most kids. 

If I were Jana, the fact that Jessa wants it would be reason enough for me to step up and block her if I could.   If I were Jana I might take an adversarial stance against Josh at long last as well.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

If I were Jana, the fact that Jessa wants it would be reason enough for me to step up and block her if I could.   If I were Jana I might take an adversarial stance against Josh at long last as well.

If I were Jana, I would make sure I got the house and land.  Then tear down the TTH as they all watch.  Jana doesn't need all of that house, she can build her own tiny house to go with her garden.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Jana has to live somewhere post-Boob. Better the TTH where she’s the boss than as aunt-mom to the children of whichever headship is willing to have her. She’s not going to find paid work and live in her own apartment somewhere.

• Love 4

It's a giggle to speculate about the future of the TTH. I assume that JB and Meech have it, along with their other assets, already titled in a trust, and that when one of them dies the surviving spouse is the beneficiary so it's not like ownership will change hands until the death of the surviving spouse. And even then there will probably be some trust arrangement in place. I agree, Josh as the eternal golden child could probably end up with the TTH. However, if it's on account of the death of both his parents, that's likely to be decades in the future.

My mind's gone off on the tangent of wondering just how filthy the TTH will be in another ten or twenty years. I'm sure Jana keeps her own areas clean but I don't think her duties include the heavy cleaning required to keep that place clean with all the bodies that live there and are frequent/constant visitors. I wonder if they ever arrange (and pay) for a deep cleaning of the whole house. Yech.

• Love 14