Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

No, this is how nature works. Almost every friend I know had one miscarriage. Even me.

Those were early, first 8 weeks, but it happens very often. If you aren't actively trying to conceive and do not test early, for some you wouldn't even know it happened. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

What is wrong with hospital births? It doesn't seem to be breaking any major tenet of Gothardism. Also if she insists on home births at least get a midwife who specializes in difficult deliveries and will troubleshoot for warning signs.

A male doctor will see their lady bits oh the shame! That’s only for the hubby 🤮

15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if the hospital is only twenty minutes away, the ambulance first has to get the Mold House Birthing Couch. And prior to that they need to make the decision to call and then make the call, to say, motherrrr is bleeeedinggg.

It could be 30 - 40 minutes before the ambulance even arrives at the ED.

Jessa is dumb pure and simple (I can’t believe I called her smart a few days ago I take it back!), either that or she has a death wish.

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why does the public even need to know about their miscarriages?

We don’t but you know Jessa gets attention. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 7

With Jessa I honestly have doubts that she miscarried. Anna, Lauren and Joy all have rainbow babies and Jessa didn't want them to 'have something' she doesn't have. I don't think she's above lying to Ben and everyone else.

Yikes that sounds harsh, but I wouldn't put it past her.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If it's a girl, going the virtue route with Temperance Baucham Seewald would work. 😁

Voddie was big in VF during Ben's formative years. That name will make the cut, regardless of sex. 

Bin was even a speaker on some conference program with Voddie shortly after he got married. I don't  know how he got that but I always figured that some other Vision Forum alum on the planning committee probably looked at the TeeVee fame of young Bin and his pastoral ambitions and gave him the call. Same route to glory as Jer, in other words.

There were a lot of speakers, as I recall, so it wasn't the level of exclusive engagement that Jer was slated for last month. But you're so right that there's enough background for a Voddie-inspired name to be a strong contender in their family, I think.....

And if they actually used "Voddie," they could be the "shiv family.' That would have a certain harmony with Jessa's nature, at least, I'd say. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Do the Duggar girls keep having all these miscarriages because they're not giving their bodies enough time between pregnancies? I don't have kids so I don't know if there is a recommended wait time between giving birth and getting pregnant with the next one? Ivy isn't even two years old, and Jessa already got pregnant, miscarried, and then got pregnant again. 

It really doesn't feel like they spend enough time concentrating on the kids they already have. Henry's speech still isn't great, and Jessa should be starting to homeschool Spurgeon. Don't they need her attention right now??

I won't even get a third cat because I feel like the first two need attention and I don't want to be sub-divided. The Duggars just keep sprouting babies everywhere.

Meh I don’t think Duggar’s care that their kids don’t get enough attention/school/proper food. Who cares that Henry can’t talk? We care more than his dumb parents. Looking at dumb/smug Ben giving a sermon to bored/sleepy S and Henry should give you an idea that Jesus/obedience comes first.

These 2 shouldn’t have had 1 kid much less 3 and counting.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With Jessa I honestly have doubts that she miscarried. Anna, Lauren and Joy all have rainbow babies and Jessa didn't want them to 'have something' she doesn't have. I don't think she's above lying to Ben and everyone else.

Yikes that sounds harsh, but I wouldn't put it past her.

If that's harsh, I've got a monstrous thought for you.   Honestly I think miscarriages are having a "moment" in the overall cultural zeitgeist currently.  I'm sure #rainbow babies is trending.

I do think it's a helpful thing to recognize, discuss and normalize so that those who are genuinely suffering feel supported and heard, even if for most people that means from their close family and friends.   The pain and devastation is real for those truly suffering a loss and I'm in no way diminishing that at all.  That said, I do think there are those who have varying amounts of public followings who are over dramatizing a late period for the attention it generates.

• Love 17

What is wrong with hospital births? It doesn't seem to be breaking any major tenet of Gothardism. Also if she insists on home births at least get a midwife who specializes in difficult deliveries and will troubleshoot for warning signs.

The hospital won't allow an entire camera crew in to film the birth. Not to mention the walking Jessa does before the birth, and all the other boring crap they need to film to make A Very Special Episode.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

If that's harsh, I've got a monstrous thought for you.   Honestly I think miscarriages are having a "moment" in the overall cultural zeitgeist currently.  I'm sure #rainbow babies is trending.

I do think it's a helpful thing to recognize, discuss and normalize so that those who are genuinely suffering feel supported and heard, even if for most people that means from their close family and friends.   The pain and devastation is real for those truly suffering a loss and I'm in no way diminishing that at all.  That said, I do think there are those who have varying amounts of public followings who are over dramatizing a late period for the attention it generates.

Totally agreed @Tikichick. I miscarried in December and until mentioning it now, to y’all, only my husband and I spoke about it. There does seem to be, however, a trend among some where a miscarriage is almost a notch in their belt.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

Totally agreed @Tikichick. I miscarried in December and until mentioning it now, to y’all, only my husband and I spoke about it. There does seem to be, however, a trend among some where a miscarriage is almost a notch in their belt.

I understand it is a challenging thing to go through, even though I've never experienced it myself.   I do personally know several people who have gone through it, some in more tragic fashion than others.   I probably know other people who've been through it who chose to keep it to themselves for their own reasons.   I also know a couple people who struggled with guilt and shame in the wake of their loss, which is more heartbreaking IMO.

People need to be free to do what they need when handling loss, and that's okay.  There's nothing wrong with someone high profile revealing their loss, and it can be helpful in some ways.   Breast cancer used to have a stigma and Betty Ford  used her position to help change that.   To me that's different from using a pregnancy loss to actually increase someone's public profile, or shape your public image.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The hospital won't allow an entire camera crew in to film the birth. Not to mention the walking Jessa does before the birth, and all the other boring crap they need to film to make A Very Special Episode.

I truly hope you're wrong.   That is crushingly sad.

I've wondered more than once if any of the Duggar daughters/daughters in law feel pressure to not only produce many children, but to give birth to them naturally and at home to not only live up to Michelle in some way, but to make their own mark so to speak? 

• Love 4

Only Anna and Jessa have had home births. Abbie was actually very private with hers, yet they still had footage, as they've had with every birth thus far. And one birth, maybe Spurgie's, was filmed by the Duggars with their iPhones. I don't think Jessa chooses home births in order to be filmed. At least that is not the primary reason.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

No, Jessa hemorrhaged twice. Why not say it happened three times? Why not have different daughters with the same problem?

JB wasn't even there when she hemorrhaged. 

It didn't make them look good. JB's goal is to make his family and lifestyle look appealing so other people want to be fundie Christians.

But I think he has a heavy hand in the editing process. I think they film the whole thing and then he gets to pick which things stay. He always seems to include any "drama". Jessa is the one who is the most desperate to keep the show going, so I think she agrees. And if people keep talking about it ((Ooh, I'm going to watch and see if Jessa bleeds to death, which she obviously didn't because these things are filmed months ahead and there she is posting on SM)), then win-win.

Edited by drafan
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

She might be pregnant with twins by now.

That would vault her to the top of the Duggar Mommy Sweepstakes. All these women are dying to have the first multiple birth in their generation (after all, Michelle did it TWICE). I think Jessa used every one of her pregnancies to float the rumor that she was having twins, until it turned out that she wasn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think Jessa is cheap and has no health insurance, which are the main factors in her decision to home birth. She's also willful and stubborn, so I can see her deliberately going in the opposite direction of whatever the hospital personnel tell her. The Duggars are the type of people who never learn unless something catastrophic happens.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Only Anna and Jessa have had home births. Abbie was actually very private with hers, yet they still had footage, as they've had with every birth thus far. And one birth, maybe Spurgie's, was filmed by the Duggars with their iPhones. I don't think Jessa chooses home births in order to be filmed. At least that is not the primary reason.

If you are only including successful home births, then that is true. Jill and Joy have attempted to home birth but they ended up in the hospital. But then Joy planned on the hospital for Evelyn's birth from the get go, and Jill hasn't had a baby in nearly four years.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa is cheap and has no health insurance, which are the main factors in her decision to home birth. She's also willful and stubborn, so I can see her deliberately going in the opposite direction of whatever the hospital personnel tell her. The Duggars are the type of people who never learn unless something catastrophic happens.

I too think the main reason for Jessa is stubbornness along with arrogance. she is a duggar and will hold on to all things TV show duggar, as long as it is beneficial for her to do so. Also I think it is a competitive game for Jessa to be the one who "wins" over her sisters by having home births. even though Michelle had most of her children in a hospital

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

If you are only including successful home births, then that is true. Jill and Joy have attempted to home birth but they ended up in the hospital. But then Joy planned on the hospital for Evelyn's birth from the get go, and Jill hasn't had a baby in nearly four years.

Yes, just the children who were born at home. We've seen the birth of every Duggar grandchild except Sammy. The majority were born in hospitals. My point being, all the births end up on TV, no matter where the kids are born. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, drafan said:

But I think he has a heavy hand in the editing process. I think they film the whole thing and then he gets to pick which things stay.

If this show is like other reality shows, JB has almost no say in the editing process.  It's done far away from him and he likely doesn't know what was left in until the send him the final cut. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, just the children who were born at home. We've seen the birth of every Duggar grandchild except Sammy. The majority were born in hospitals. My point being, all the births end up on TV, no matter where the kids are born. 

Are they still showing Anna's births?    I know there were the early ones, but I thought that had stopped after the bomb(s) dropped?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Meh I don’t think Duggar’s care that their kids don’t get enough attention/school/proper food. Who cares that Henry can’t talk? We care more than his dumb parents. Looking at dumb/smug Ben giving a sermon to bored/sleepy S and Henry should give you an idea that Jesus/obedience comes first.

These 2 shouldn’t have had 1 kid much less 3 and counting.

My in-laws are very religious Seventh-Day Adventists, and at times I have noticed a certain lack of initiative toward changing/improving some things about their lives that would concern me...and it seems the attitude behind this is indeed that Jesus comes first, so other things that don't have a direct connection to Jesus simply don't matter. Or, it's better to just pray about something and not take action themselves because God is in control of everything. My husband chose to go back to school a few years ago to upgrade his current job because if anything were to ever happen to me or we lost my income, his salary wouldn't be enough to keep our house and comfortably care for our two children. His mother was very unsupportive of this decision and mentioned several times that if he would just spend more time praying he wouldn't feel the need to stress himself out and spend the time and money for school and Jesus would help him to be happy with the lower level job. The fact that praying isn't going to magically remove the salary cap on his current job and allow him to secure a better financial future for our family didn't seem to factor in and I did not understand her logic. My husband gets frustrated because his parents don't show much interest or pride in his accomplishments as a father and a new graduate now embarking on a job hunt, and instead mail him pamphlets about how the end is near and how to recognize the mark of the beast and yell at him for not going to church. Whatever he does in his life does not seem to register as particularly important or admirable to them if it doesn't directly tie back to God or church.

I can see how this sort of attitude would manifest itself in a fundie parent not caring that their child has a speech impediment. Improved speech isn't what gets you into heaven, so why bother? Not having the resources to properly care for many children doesn't matter if you think God has commanded you to have those children and doing so will please Him and get you into heaven. I can't imagine being raised with this mindset. 😞

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

You  know  that  she will try  home  birth  until she  is  successful. 

Wasn't she successful with Henry? This may have spurred her to continue with Ivy's. Now that she's only one for three in terms of "success" (i.e. not hemorrhaging), will she have learned her lesson? Probably not, but one can hope... (Of course, the Duggars in general seem to be black holes of hope when it comes to hoping they've learned something, will know better, etc.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Are they still showing Anna's births?    I know there were the early ones, but I thought that had stopped after the bomb(s) dropped?

Right. I don't think they've shown the last 3. Like you said, due to scandal two.

3 hours ago, drafan said:

But I think he has a heavy hand in the editing process. I think they film the whole thing and then he gets to pick which things stay. He always seems to include any "drama". Jessa is the one who is the most desperate to keep the show going, so I think she agrees. And if people keep talking about it ((Ooh, I'm going to watch and see if Jessa bleeds to death, which she obviously didn't because these things are filmed months ahead and there she is posting on SM)), then win-win.

Would TLC let JB make editing decisions?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, thehorseofpower said:

I can see how this sort of attitude would manifest itself in a fundie parent not caring that their child has a speech impediment. Improved speech isn't what gets you into heaven, so why bother? Not having the resources to properly care for many children doesn't matter if you think God has commanded you to have those children and doing so will please Him and get you into heaven. I can't imagine being raised with this mindset. 😞

The Duggars seem to be of a quantity over quality mindset when it comes to kids. It’s about the parents showing what true believers they are by having as many kids as God allows. The kids are only a means to an end.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

If this show is like other reality shows, JB has almost no say in the editing process.  It's done far away from him and he likely doesn't know what was left in until the send him the final cut. 

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Would TLC let JB make editing decisions?

Then who at TLC decided ON THEIR OWN to black out Mullet's scandalous knees while she was water skiing in a skirt?

Aren't JB and Mullet executive producers or some such nonsense?

• Love 2

TLC added a blurb stating Michelle requested her knees blurred due to modesty. They have done it during sonograms as well. That does not equate editing control. A lot of the families (Jen and Bill for example) are listed as producers. Yet highly embarrassing cuts air.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, drafan said:

Aren't JB and Mullet executive producers or some such nonsense?

No.  The network retains executive producer status.  JB and Michelle were listed as producers at least for a time.  I didn't check last season.  That's getting credit for coming up with some show ideas and similar.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

No.  The network retains executive producer status.  JB and Michelle were listed as producers at least for a time.  I didn't check last season.  That's getting credit for coming up with some show ideas and similar.

Its also a way to pay them a smidgen more and make them feel important. In other words stroke their ego and keep them happy, with a small extra payment here and there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9