Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

These people are such turds. Yes, keep piling children on top of each other in that 2 bedroom crap house you have(I'm only saying THEIR house is a filthy crap house). So are they going to have Henry and Ivy sleep together in Henry's bed so the baby can sleep with Jessa and Ben? I have no sympathy for Ben either. He married her and he keeps saying yes to more kids. Though, Jessa probably rules that decision. Now I feel bad for Spurgeon even more. He has a shit name, shitty parents and shitty life. Hopefully when he's older, he'll run far far away.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

These chucklefucks desperately need to find another hobby. Or, far better, an actual livelihood.

It’s bordering on ludicrous and tragic that the Duggars believe this shtick will keep them on TLC for the rest of their lives.

It's mainly tragic for the third generation, to me. The now-adult Duggarlings may well be able to receive enough from Pops and then from the estate, if Meeechelle doesn't live forever, to get by, especially because, although the show will end, it's still going to limp on for a while.. 

But after the first few grandchildren have come of age and claimed their family living, Pops is unlikely to be there with enough jobs and cash to give to the increasing crowd any more...And their "fame" -- and the donations that come with it -- won't last forever after they leave tv. 

And no matter what anybody says, I can't imagine how the estate will be big enough to dole out much or any money to all of them once JB shuffles off or ages out of the ability to really bring in cash with his complicated, shady enterprises. 

Plus, the Gothard crowd is massively dwindling, too. So baby Duggarlings won't be offered many jobs from that quarter -- and, in fact, the current Duggarlings seem to be loosening their ties to those people. So the old-godly-patriarchal-boy network that helps sustain some of the current enterprises is likely to be less available to them and their kids, even if it persists.

And as far as I know, JB's real-estate/political/and Gothard cronies are all mostly around his age, and it seems unlikely that he'll spawn another crowd of somewhat influential, money-earning cronies to help out the grandkids. 

So as far as I can see there's no way they won't be sending whole lot of kids who are just as poorly educated and poorly (and super-narrowly) socialized as the current Duggarling crop out into the world of work without any of the fallbacks that this current young-adult generation enjoys.

No jobs available from Dad and Gothard and their cronies. And inevitably less money than there is now because, whatever it is JB does for a living, when he's 80-something, he's not going to do it nearly as effectively as he's done up to now. And he'll have way more people needing to be supported by it. .... Plus, he and Meeechelle are going to cost more when and if they're elderly....

And yet aside from Jill and Derick, so far none of the Duggarlings have indicated they'll educate or socialize their young children into the outside world that I think they'll inevitably have to make their way in. 

That's awful. And it'll be in no way those kids' fault. Their parents seem blind to it, though. 

EMLTA: Re: Josh, Anna and the (so far) Six.

My supposition has always been that, if Josh and Anna were banks or auto manufacturers, the phrase "too big to fail" would apply. (Because if they ever looked like failures or even strugglers, a whole lot of stuff would become newsy, both locally and beyond, that JB, M and even their Gothard buddies want to see buried forever.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21

Does anyone else think that Jessa may not have actually had a miscarriage and is telling stories to get some attention? Having a fourth baby is no big deal, especially if you already have boys and girls, but if it's a rainbow baby, that makes it more special. I'm a distrustful person in general, but we have seen how the Duggars will willingly bend the truth to make their lives fit the narrative they need, so I just don't fully believe Jessa. If it had happened, I would think that Jessa, one of the biggest attention hogs of the bunch, would be even more dramatic about it than Josiah's wife about it. On the other hand, maybe she saw how over the top Josiah's wife (what is her name...Lauren?... I'm honestly losing track of in-law's names and their offspring) was and the public perception of her being a drama llama so Jessa went the other extreme and said nothing until now. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That is a fake smile, but hey, it takes two to tango. 

You are right about that! I wonder if he’s mostly disappointed that he’s not living his dream and has kids he can’t support or that Jessa and Boob are his headship and he’s a perpetual child playing the part of an adult. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Does anyone else think that Jessa may not have actually had a miscarriage and is telling stories to get some attention? Having a fourth baby is no big deal, especially if you already have boys and girls, but if it's a rainbow baby, that makes it more special. I'm a distrustful person in general, but we have seen how the Duggars will willingly bend the truth to make their lives fit the narrative they need, so I just don't fully believe Jessa. If it had happened, I would think that Jessa, one of the biggest attention hogs of the bunch, would be even more dramatic about it than Josiah's wife about it. On the other hand, maybe she saw how over the top Josiah's wife (what is her name...Lauren?... I'm honestly losing track of in-law's names and their offspring) was and the public perception of her being a drama llama so Jessa went the other extreme and said nothing until now. 

She probably missed a period and called it a miscarriage. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

It all seems to have worked out for Anna & Josh, with 6 kids.  Why should Jessa and Ben be more moderate in their family size?   They obviously want them, and seem to be able to support themselves just fine.  

Nobody has ever been able to factually and concretely explain the way any of these families support themselves.  Asking how has been an exercise in futility for years.  I just don't get it.     

Your vision of “worked out” must be a lot different than mine.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

so Jessa went the other extreme and said nothing until now. 

Jinger already did that by announcing her miscarriage at the same time as her pregnancy with Evangeline.   She hadn't let it out previously. 

Jessa isn't clever enough to come up with anything new.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And yet aside from Jill and Derick, so far none of the Duggarlings have indicated they'll educate or socialize their young children into the outside world that I think they'll inevitably have to make their way in. 

That's awful. And it'll be in no way those kids' fault. Their parents seem blind to it, though. 

How does Jim Bob propose that his spawn make their way in the world once he's gone and the TLC checks dry up?  And now that his kids are reproducing like rabbits, does he lay awake at night wondering how his pathetically uneducated kids are going to support his grandkids?  While I think that JB is mostly a horndog robot, he HAS to understand that he won't always be around to give Jessa and Bin's tenth kid his own car dealership to manage alongside Joe and Kendra's triplets and Josh and Anna's 11th daughter, etc.  Does he think the almighty Duggar name is somehow going to keep his grandkids from wallowing in poverty?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Thread hot: She must be knocked up. Boom!  These people are so predictable. This is the only thing they ever have going.

I saw the "news" on Yahoo, and came here just to see what the snarkers were saying. I can't bring myself to give much of a damn anymore, thus I don't post much. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

What does JB care? In his mind, they’ll all be raptured ASAP anyhow.

And even if they’re not — as far as he’s concerned, the world ends when he dies. He doesn’t seem like someone with a mature or self-aware view of his own mortality.

I don’t get why the kidult Duggars don’t look out for themselves better — get an education, get a job, get on birth control! But they’re not. Learned helplessness, I guess. 

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I don’t get why the kidult Duggars don’t look out for themselves better — get an education, get a job, get on birth control! But they’re not. Learned helplessness, I guess. 

And doing any of those things is a sure ticket to hell. For them anyway. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if they'll use a T name.. to be able to spell out shit. Ben seems like the immature type to do so. 

Our kids Patrick, Rachel and Alison almost spell PRAY (it only we had a Yolanda...).  Jealous, Duggars?

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Well I'm not surprised. It's been a long time since Jessa announced. Ivy is almost 2. 

I saw other speculation that Justin and Claire are getting married sooner than later. If the wedding is soon, Jessa may have announced, because people will know when they see the photos. 

Kendra announced this pregnancy (#3) on Joy's due date. Joy gave birth to Evelyn two days later. The Duggar family publicity machine likes to time announcements close together. 

Jessa's history of hemorrhaging makes homebirth incredibly risky. Even a hospital birth can have big risks for Jessa. The first birth (Spurgeon) should have stopped the homebirth idiocy; Jessa hemorrhaged so badly she needed a blood transfusion. Henry's birth went well. During Ivy's birth, Jessa hemorrhaged again, but made it to the hospital to avoid a blood transfusion.  

Jessa has said she likes her house, because it's convenient to get to a hospital. (20 minute ambulance ride). I forget if this is true. @Zella what do you think?

Jessa really needs to give birth in a hospital. I hope she takes this seriously, because her life is at stake. 

• Love 13

Meh.  Hardly surprising news.  Another baby in that cramped, dirty house?  Yay!

So Jessa, Jinger, and Joy have all had miscarriages. I know it isn't uncommon, and obviously the odds increase with the number of pregnancies.  Still, even though these people reproduce like rabbits, it seems like a lot.  Anna and Lauren also had losses, so it does make you wonder.

I do feel for the grandkids.  They will be "educated" by poorly educated parents. They will be lucky if they will learn to read and do basic math. None of their fathers (except for Derick) seem to have any real earning potential. Jim Bob may have money, but certainly not enough to support all those families.  The whole lifestyle is just not sustainable over multiple generations. 

What a hot mess.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa definitely had a miscarriage. A while back they posted pictures of the kids in bee t-shirts that were part of an "announcement" set. I think they did a photo shoot and then Jessa lost the baby. The timeline also coincided with her looking really run down and depressed (or should I say more run down than usual).

First trimester miscarriages are not rare, and if you think about the fact that these girls are trying to conceive from their late teens/early 20s all the way until peri-menopause, its not not usual that they would have a first trimester miscarriage in 20yrs. I do recall the photos @BitterApple is talking about- this summer, Joy's baby shower I think? Jessa did look pregnant to me, and I am always the LAST woman to ever notice when a woman is pregnant. I dont think Jessa is lying.

All I can say is that I want her and the baby to be healthy and well. I wonder are they going to move to a bigger home.

• Love 14

From the Mayo Clinic:

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't realize she's pregnant.

I'd say use the 20 percent figure and considering how early the Duggars test go up a bit to 25% which is the number my doctor uses.  Then the Duggars are sitting pretty close to average for pregnancy loss.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

So Jessa, Jinger, and Joy have all had miscarriages. I know it isn't uncommon, and obviously the odds increase with the number of pregnancies.  Still, even though these people reproduce like rabbits, it seems like a lot.  Anna and Lauren also had losses, so it does make you wonder.

I dont think that's a lot. In mainstream North American culture (if there is such a thing) most heterosexual women are not having unprotected sex all the way from their sexual debut (late teens/early 20s) until menopause. The "window" a typical woman is trying to conceive 2.4 kids is maybe 7 years? 10 if you are generous......with medical contraception on the front (and possibly back end) and often a tubal litigation after they are done having kids (or a vasectomy for their male partner).

Also our pregnancy tests are far more advanced now. Even only 30yrs ago, many women didnt realize they were pregnant until they had missed TWO periods- they couldn't test at home a week before their period was due and know they were pregnant. 

Given how long Jessa's (and women in the quiver full movement's) window for desired conception IS, and the technology we have now to detect early pregnancy, I can 100% believe she would have a first trimester miscarriage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
33 minutes ago, Temperance said:

essa has said she likes her house, because it's convenient to get to a hospital. (20 minute ambulance ride). I forget if this is true. @Zella what do you think?

I think she's full of shit. If she moved to certain parts of Fayetteville, she'd actually be closer to Washington Regional. Even the creepy death Wal-Mart, which is quite a bit farther from the hospital than where she is and on the comparative outskirts of town, is only a 10-minute drive to Washington Regional on the interstate. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Even if the hospital is only twenty minutes away, the ambulance first has to get the Mold House Birthing Couch. And prior to that they need to make the decision to call and then make the call, to say, motherrrr is bleeeedinggg.

It could be 30 - 40 minutes before the ambulance even arrives at the ED.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

What is wrong with hospital births? It doesn't seem to be breaking any major tenet of Gothardism. Also if she insists on home births at least get a midwife who specializes in difficult deliveries and will troubleshoot for warning signs.

There seems to be a thing for homebirthing with the Duggar daughters. I think some of the regulars here can explain it, but it makes no sense to me. Michelle had most of her kids in the hospital, with just a few born at home. Certainly her later deliveries were all in the hospital. So it's not like the Duggarlings are following their mother's lead with the homebirthing thing.

• Love 8

Spurge will definitely be called in to "help".  He's old enough to do things around the house or help Henry and Ivy with something if Jessa is busy with the baby.  (And Ben is doing whatever Ben does.) 

Josh was a "buddy" at one point.  He helped a younger brother brush his teeth, comb his hair, tie his shoes and get his jacket on.  (Hopefully nothing more.)  So the older boys are called on to help a little but once Ivy gets up to speed, it will all be on her shoulders for the real raising of those younger than her.  She will be "Ivy Buddy" very soon.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

What is wrong with hospital births? It doesn't seem to be breaking any major tenet of Gothardism. Also if she insists on home births at least get a midwife who specializes in difficult deliveries and will troubleshoot for warning signs.

Jessa is cheap as hell. I really think that’s  why she wants to go to the birthing couch rather than the hospital bed. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

There seems to be a thing for homebirthing with the Duggar daughters. I think some of the regulars here can explain it, but it makes no sense to me. Michelle had most of her kids in the hospital, with just a few born at home. Certainly her later deliveries were all in the hospital. So it's not like the Duggarlings are following their mother's lead with the homebirthing thing.

They don’t have health insurance, which is why Jessa insists on having home births IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Jessa loves that house because it was gifted to them. She has proclaimed her love for her small house because there's not so much housework. I predict she she will love the next gifted house just as much and though the new house will be larger, Jessa will still do zero housework.

Henry's birthday week nonsense videos with a diaper genie right next to the birthing couch. ewwww

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Home births have been trending for everyone for about a decade now. I think its losing a little popularity now. Women in general, but even more so Fundy women, have this down-low competition with childbirth. It seems the longer the labor and the more pain, makes you the winner. Hospital births only when necessary, and never use medications.

With all that said, I'm a bit nutty-crunchy and attempted a "natural birth" (in a hospital birthing center) with my first. Sadly, after too many hours including a loong time at 10 cms, I ended up with a traumatic forceps delivery. It was not pleasant and I vowed it would never happen again. It didn't. Thank goodness for epidurals.

I think the Jill, Jessa and Joy tried for (Jessa succeeded) home births because its trendy, they would get bragging rights and its cheaper.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Home births have been trending for everyone for about a decade now. I think its losing a little popularity now. Women in general, but even more so Fundy women, have this down-low competition with childbirth. It seems the longer the labor and the more pain, makes you the winner. Hospital births only when necessary, and never use medications.

With all that said, I'm a bit nutty-crunchy and attempted a "natural birth" (in a hospital birthing center) with my first. Sadly, after too many hours including a loong time at 10 cms, I ended up with a traumatic forceps delivery. It was not pleasant and I vowed it would never happen again. It didn't. Thank goodness for epidurals.

I think the Jill, Jessa and Joy tried for (Jessa succeeded) home births because its trendy, they would get bragging rights and its cheaper.

But it's also common among fundies. My mother knew fundies who were having homebirths in the 1980s. I believe Gothard favored them too. Gothard in general favored anything that kept the costs down.  (Except birth control, obviously, lol!)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Also... Which buddy will announce the gender? I bet they'll move on to Spurge, Henry, Ivy etc doing it from now on. 

LOL...they never announce the gender....and I bet she's already kicking herself for showing the sonogram...it's obviously not twins, so there goes that tease.....all she has left is the gender and the name......which they will also drag out announcing..

I also think that all the "Mother is bleeding" stuff is overly dramatized for TV.....JB loves bodily fluid (fake) crises. It's his version of all the Kardashian sex and body part talk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I also think this has a LOT to do with Anna. Jessa may be a “real” Duggar but none of them can compete with Ana in Boob and Michelle’s eyes. And Ana has has homebirths with no problem. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've never heard this... So Anna is Boob and Michele's favorite?

What have they said?  

It’s just my perception. She is breeding for Jesus and most importantly stayed with the golden child more than once. I don’t think any of the daughters can compete with Ana’s godliness (by their definition). She is the shining example of what they preach.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, drafan said:

LOL...they never announce the gender....and I bet she's already kicking herself for showing the sonogram...it's obviously not twins, so there goes that tease.....all she has left is the gender and the name......which they will also drag out announcing..

I also think that all the "Mother is bleeding" stuff is overly dramatized for TV.....JB loves bodily fluid (fake) crises. It's his version of all the Kardashian sex and body part talk.

No, Jessa hemorrhaged twice. Why not say it happened three times? Why not have different daughters with the same problem?

JB wasn't even there when she hemorrhaged. 

It didn't make them look good. JB's goal is to make his family and lifestyle look appealing so other people want to be fundie Christians.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

It's to lead up to their spinoff, A World of Shit: The Ben and Jessa Seewald Story

Sounds like a new thread title to me!  😁

7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How does Jim Bob propose that his spawn make their way in the world once he's gone and the TLC checks dry up?  And now that his kids are reproducing like rabbits, does he lay awake at night wondering how his pathetically uneducated kids are going to support his grandkids?  While I think that JB is mostly a horndog robot, he HAS to understand that he won't always be around to give Jessa and Bin's tenth kid his own car dealership to manage alongside Joe and Kendra's triplets and Josh and Anna's 11th daughter, etc.  Does he think the almighty Duggar name is somehow going to keep his grandkids from wallowing in poverty?

I honestly think they believe they have educated and prepared their children well for adulthood and making a good living through their top notch homeschooling and business opportunities. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Oh, please let Baby #4 have a T name...

Please let Baby #4 have a T name...

<prays>

Someone named Zella may have spent the day scouring the internet for pretentious fundie names that start with a T. 🙃 

Oh I may have found a winner! I humbly submit before the snarker court the name Augustus Toplady. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I think she's full of shit. If she moved to certain parts of Fayetteville, she'd actually be closer to Washington Regional. Even the creepy death Wal-Mart, which is quite a bit farther from the hospital than where she is and on the comparative outskirts of town, is only a 10-minute drive to Washington Regional on the interstate. 

And if they’re leaving everything up to “god,” why would she be concerned about hospitals anyway? They’re full of those elitist, educated people!

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

Someone named Zella may have spent the day scouring the internet for pretentious fundie names that start with a T. 🙃 

How about Trinity? or Tessa? or Thanksbetogod, who could grow up and marry Heistheway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3