Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lucy711 said:

If Jessa isn't pregnant, that is just a really unflattering dress.  I thought she was supposed to be the "fashionable" one?

Umm no she’s the one having a love affair with the ugly mustard cardigan 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm kind of partial to the longer hair on him...maybe if the new cut didn't look quite so slicked back? I don't know. In any case, it will dry/fluff out a bit/grow soon enough, so as long as he likes it, I'm happy.

I agree. I much preferred him before.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree. I much preferred him before.

Me too! I like the longer hair on little boys. I hate the slicked back 20 something job seeker look. He'll have enough time to sport that one as an adult. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Me too! I like the longer hair on little boys. I hate the slicked back 20 something job seeker look. He'll have enough time to sport that one as an adult. 

I do hope Henry has the opportunity to look for a job, but with Ben as a role model that is not likely to happen.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

I do hope Henry has the opportunity to look for a job, but with Ben as a role model that is not likely to happen.

Maybe he’ll be inspired by Jessa’s hustle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Henry's haircut is the classic Howler look. And, IIRC, Izzy and Sam's haircuts were NOT like that - they were able to have shorter hair but it was more spikey. Henry seems to have curlier hair like Spurge, so the haircut that Izzy and Sam had may not work as well for him. Still, though, I would imagine there are many other ways for little boys to wear short hair.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

He will be balding at 18 and job what’s that? I wish what you said would come true though 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

He will be balding at 18 and job what’s that? I wish what you said would come true though 

You know, a job is where you’re completely financially dependent on your parents. Get cracking Jessa and Ben!  What, you thought your family would be different? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

What's the giant white thing going across the ceiling? Is something plugged into it. Or could it be curtains or blinds that run across the entire wall?

Or maybe, just maybe its shadows and my old lady vision, playing tricks on me.

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

What's the giant white thing going across the ceiling? Is something plugged into it. Or could it be curtains or blinds that run across the entire wall?

Or maybe, just maybe its shadows and my old lady vision, playing tricks on me.

Lighting system for where they film the show? There is a similar one in the big house. I’m pretty sure the Goslin’s had one installed during their run, too. 

But they’re not a TV family, they’re just a family that happens to be on TV 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Lighting system for where they film the show? There is a similar one in the big house. I’m pretty sure the Goslin’s had one installed during their run, too. 

But they’re not a TV family, they’re just a family that happens to be on TV 

Exactly!

• Love 2

I guess it's just me, but those kids don't really seem to be in imminent danger of falling from their respective perches, neither do I see anything all that threatening if they were to tumble against it...Possibly the bookshelf, but it would probably be just as easy for one of them to give themselves a knock on the head it they tripped and fell against it while playing on the floor.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jessa... Safety should come before a photo op. Yikes! 

This is a Duggar we’re talking about, since when did they give a damn about safety? Anyway they have Jesus so everything will be ok. 

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

They could fall through the window. I'm usually pretty easy going about kids climbing, but on the window sill.

If the windows are installed correctly, and they're not leaning on the window itself, that shouldn't be a problem. But either way, they shouldn't be on the windowsill.  They could fall off backwards trying to get down, and wind up cracking their head on the floor. 

• Love 6

Safe or unsafe, I taught my kids not to climb on the furniture in the house. They all had step stools they could drag anywhere. In a pinch they could use a dining room chair backed up to the counter or wall. My kids had free rein of the house, but within respectable limits.

• Love 11

In the video she shows a photo of her Ben, Jana,Laura,Jinger,Jeremy,Mechelle and JB and Ivy meeting John McArthur and his wife (I assume) says it was such a blessing or some nonsense. I didn’t know she cared about him and his views. 
4F18E79F-6F91-4423-8E3E-0CE41B254EF6.thumb.jpeg.d75ea6c3950a256b0bb2193048862beb.jpeg

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 4

To be honest, I wouldn't be that surprised if JB and Michelle steered away from Gothard, especially if they find MacArthur appealing. I always thought that the Bateses and Pecan Thief were more steeped in Gothard and IBLP than the Duggars TBH. Replace one cult leader with another.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't be that surprised if JB and Michelle steered away from Gothard, especially if they find MacArthur appealing. I always thought that the Bateses and Pecan Thief were more steeped in Gothard and IBLP than the Duggars TBH. Replace one cult leader with another.

They just spoke at the IBLP camp meeting last week. They're still as Gothardized as ever.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I know all kids play, but when I see someone in this family make a comment like "Spurgeon enjoys constructing roadways and cities." it breaks my heart because there is no way (with the education in this family) he will ever be an engineer or an architect.  He probably wouldn't even be able to work on a construction crew because he would need to report to someone else - maybe even a woman. 

I love Jessica's haircut.  I am jealous of women who can wear their hair short that way. I have a round face and glasses, so I need longer hair.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I know all kids play, but when I see someone in this family make a comment like "Spurgeon enjoys constructing roadways and cities." it breaks my heart because there is no way (with the education in this family) he will ever be an engineer or an architect.  He probably wouldn't even be able to work on a construction crew because he would need to report to someone else - maybe even a woman. 

I love Jessica's haircut.  I am jealous of women who can wear their hair short that way. I have a round face and glasses, so I need longer hair.  

My thoughts exactly about Spurgeon. He probably won't even hear the words engineer or architect or know such jobs exist. 

I'm jealous of women who can pull off short hair too. But I'm oval shaped. Round faced girls can pull off any hairstyle. Go for it.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

FWIW, I also have a round face and glasses. Well, I have a face that is somehow both round and square because I inherited my dad's face. LOL

I stayed away from short hair for years because I assumed I'd look like a dude, but I had a really good hairdresser who gave me a cut that is flattering. I can't go too short, but definitely chat with a hairstylist about it. They might surprise you (in a good way!) 🙂 

Back on topic: I really liked Jessica's hair too. 😄 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I look awful with too short hair--- another round face here! Between the ages of 3-4 I had a very short haircut. I remember people saying I was a boy 😞 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

For once, a picture without an agenda.

That's because the picture is from Ben. That's why there's no agenda.

But holy crap the arm belongs to Ivy? I thought it was Spurge!

• Love 7
On 8/6/2020 at 2:32 AM, Lisa418722 said:

you could do it!! i have a fat face, glasses full time and i have super short hair like that. i love it. 

• Love 7