Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What nonsense does Jessa have tacked up on the wall above the loveseat?

kid quotes she found on the internet to practice with Spurge and Henry so they can practice them and on command say such witty and cute things???? Counting On scripts for her and Bin to memorize their lines??

Two of the pages on the wall seem to be pages from a song book or hymnal. can't make out the one on the left.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, BitterApple said:

I think there are some funny kids out there, I just don't find Jessa's brood to be among them. Of course, no fault on Henry and Spurge, considering Jessa is likely fabricating and embellishing the majority of what they say. 

Exactly. I cannot stand her clearly embellished “sayings of” shit. I’m a kid person most of the time, and some stuff they say tickles me endlessly. For example when I was 8 and brother was 3, my parents drove to Vegas with us in the backseat for a weekend. My brother was crapped out, sleeping in his booster/car seat as we pulled into the hotel parking area and our mom asked our dad “do we do valet parking?” From a sound sleep my brother blurted out “we don’t even like that kind of dancing!” And passed back out. I tease him about it to this day. He’s turning 34 next month. 😂

Edited by Enya Face
Spelling
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

Truth be told, I personally subscribe to a social media site (of sorts) where people share cute/weird things things that their little kids say and do. It's called the family text chain, and it has eight members: me and Mr. Portia, our three grown kids, and their spouses. We all get a kick out of daily pics, vids, and anecdotes about the grandkids because we have similar senses of humor and because--and is is key--we know and love the kids. I'm pretty sure that's how it is supposed to work, Jessa. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Spurge must be really bored in that little house...sitting a pot in the middle of the living room.

Maybe Spurge and Henry are going over ways their future spouses can give birth at home. Using household items to move labor along and collect, well, you know, collect the stuff that comes out during childbirth. Jill may not always be available with her medical thingies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Portia said:

Truth be told, I personally subscribe to a social media site (of sorts) where people share cute/weird things things that their little kids say and do. It's called the family text chain, and it has eight members: me and Mr. Portia, our three grown kids, and their spouses. We all get a kick out of daily pics, vids, and anecdotes about the grandkids because we have similar senses of humor and because--and is is key--we know and love the kids. I'm pretty sure that's how it is supposed to work, Jessa. 

A lot of people don't have kids or grandchildren to look at photos or videos of. I've described the Duggar fanbase as wannabe parents and grandparents. And since the same children are filmed for television, they're already somewhat-known and loved to their fans. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Temperance said:

A lot of people don't have kids or grandchildren to look at photos or videos of. I've described the Duggar fanbase as wannabe parents and grandparents. And since the same children are filmed for television, they're already somewhat-known and loved to their fans. 

I never send photos of kids to people who don't have kids or grandkids. Two categories: 1. Sensitive because they were unable to have kids. 2. Don't like kids, so don't want to see pix.

• Love 8
(edited)
55 minutes ago, drafan said:

I never send photos of kids to people who don't have kids or grandkids. Two categories: 1. Sensitive because they were unable to have kids. 2. Don't like kids, so don't want to see pix.

Right, but fans of the Duggars like to see kids and like kids otherwise they wouldn't be Duggar fans.  And I do think a lot of the Duggar fans don't have kids or grandkids of their own. Especially because for many families these days there's a huge gap between grandchildren and children. Like Jeremy Vuolo's family. He was about 30 when Felicity was born and he's the youngest child and first father. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

At least Spurgeon is a distinctive enough name that most people only know of one. Every other little boy is named Henry, Jessa. (It's been a top 50 name since 2012 and was #16 in 2018.)  You need to go back to unique names or include the middle or last name in the hashtag. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I'll say it again. Ivy is a Creepy Giant Baby. 

She is really big, right? I know nothing of kids but should she be the same size as her next older sibling?

• Useful 2
15 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

She is really big, right? I know nothing of kids but should she be the same size as her next older sibling?

Someone should ask Jessa what Ivy's percentiles are the next time she posts a pic of her. Jessa will have to scroll on by since it's doubtful that kid has seen a pediatrician.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Does Jessa not own a comb and brush? Her children's hair is always unkempt.

Ivy is a strange looking child right enough, she looks like Jinger actually, I think. Poor Henry is always getting the short stick though, isn't he?

• Love 9

Jessa cuts the boys hair like they need a comb-over. I think its to try and encourage the waviness. She should just let the curly thing go and give them a nice short summer haircut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa cuts the boys hair like they need a comb-over. I think its to try and encourage the waviness. She should just let the curly thing go and give them a nice short summer haircut.

You're going to have to pry Spurgeon's curls out of her cold, dead hands. 😂

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If muther is Bleedin call 911. 

Needs stage directions included as well.  [To be said breathlessly with the tone of one who values keeping sweet and/or is zoned out on meds for years.]

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, BigBingerBro said:

0y84l9lk32d51.jpg

I guess nobody's ever taken Spurge to one of the restaurants that serve pizza with macaroni and cheese on it. 

Given the amount of yellow and beige food the Duggars eat, I'm surprised. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7

When Ivy’s 16 you’ll still have eight other kids after her, Jessa.  Even if you don’t, your life will be a wreck then. Enjoy your fake InstaLife while it lasts!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Madtown said:

When Ivy is 16, she'll be helping Aunt Jana take care of her 10 siblings younger than her.

Let Jessa and Bin both be struck with either infertility or good sense before that happens.

One or two more at most would be a perfectly lovely family for two people with virtually no earning power if JB should decide to take his money and run or split it equally among his legions of offspring. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It also looks maternal. Just sayin'. 😁

You might remember I was convinced Jessa was pregnant only to be wrong. Just sayin'. 😂

Of course she could be pregnant now. That being said I think Lauren is the next one to announce a pregnancy. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Of course she could be pregnant now. That being said I think Lauren is the next one to announce a pregnancy. 

Lauren’s face did look fuller in those baby shower photos. 

• Love 4

Given how much emphasis is put on instant obedience or else I'm not surprised the boys didn't eat the candy.

Both of them looked very tired and worn out. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Given how much emphasis is put on instant obedience or else I'm not surprised the boys didn't eat the candy.

Jessa shared this because her boys were both obedient. I thought Henry looked like he'd like a nap!

• Love 8
On 7/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Haha! I'd actually wear it, and I'm Waaaay past any "maternal" possibilities. Actually, I have a very similar  thing I got in the Wal-Mart nightgown section about 6 years ago, which I have been known to wear all day when I don't have to go anywhere. It kinda needs to be replaced. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Anyone spending more than ten minutes in that circus would be equally worn out.

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 2:55 PM, Sew Sumi said:

At times recently (Ivy's birthday YouTube video, for one) she has looked potentially pregnant, but she's also had three kids in less than 5 years. I wonder if her body just hasn't "bounced back" yet and she's more comfortable wearing loss fitting outfits. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, coconspirator said:

At times recently (Ivy's birthday YouTube video, for one) she has looked potentially pregnant, but she's also had three kids in less than 5 years. I wonder if her body just hasn't "bounced back" yet and she's more comfortable wearing loss fitting outfits. 

No, she occasionally wears form-fitting clothes and has since Ivy was born. She bounces back fairly easily.

• Useful 3