Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so to get back on the Duggars and topic - of the duggar grands jill, jinger  jessa, joe and joy's kids really don't seem to have been blanket trained as far as the pics show. they seem to enjoy posting the "cute" pics of the boys at least, involved in climbing, fun and mischief

I’m not sure about Jill though, Wasn’t  there speculation that Israel was blanket trained?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yes, they shared a picture of him' lying on a bed, wrapped up in a blanket, and it looked like he was crying hysterically.

They also posted pictures of Sam as an older baby being held with his arms pinned down with a blanket.

I think Jill & Derick were using Gothard/Duggar methods until last year. The videos of Israel showed him to be hesitant and anxious. They've relaxed since they've moved into their new home. They seem happier and more in tune with their children being children.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Nysha said:

Yes, they shared a picture of him' lying on a bed, wrapped up in a blanket, and it looked like he was crying hysterically.

They also posted pictures of Sam as an older baby being held with his arms pinned down with a blanket.

I think Jill & Derick were using Gothard/Duggar methods until last year. The videos of Israel showed him to be hesitant and anxious. They've relaxed since they've moved into their new home. They seem happier and more in tune with their children being children.

I think it’s because Izzy and Sam are now older and can tell them what they want.

• Useful 2

All these "sayings" are doing is making me think Spurgeon is annoying a/f. I'm sure Jessa is making up half these stories, but there's nothing cute or endearing about them. Then again, I'm not her target demographic, so what do I know?

• Love 24

Usually with cute little kid sayings, there's an obvious reason the kid thinks one thing is another.  Or any mistake one word for another.  Like mistaking the word influenza for influencer. 

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

More nonsense from Jessa. Give it a rest.

8B886508-6E40-487B-8BAD-A57088DE47F3.jpeg

I can understand why Henry was calling everyone "Aunt". I don't get why Spurgeon would think uncles are mammals. Is he playing a trick on Henry? This one is particularly bad and seems less plausible than many of the others. 

• Love 13

It seems odd to me. It's been a while since I hung out with fundies but back then they would have not classified "man" as a mammal because that would mean we were animals. God created "man" separately,  made in the image of God.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Maybe they did read  book about mammals that said man is a type of mammal (meaning mankind) and he took it to think only men are mammals...that's the only way I can get there. I hope so, since it would mean they are reading him a science book!

• Love 7

I love quaint sayings, such as "Time flies when you're having fun!" or "Better late than never!"  Trying to figure out how I'm going to work "Ethan is a Mammal!" into my daily conversations.  #sayingsofSpurge

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)

“Ju...there’s a Justin?!” -#SayingsofSpurgeon, probably.

Spurge and Henry struggled with those Howlers. They know there’s a James, and a Jase but not a Jason or a Jeremiah.  Referred to Jed! as “Jedidiah Duggar”.  Literally couldn’t place Justin. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 4

So, it's Lolli & Pop when Jessa is showing their picture with all the grandchildren, but Spurgeon plays with the younger kids at Granny's/Grammy's house? 

• Love 8

How does a 2 1/2 year old get nailpolish all over his baby sister's face in that tiny house? Were they asleep? That didn't happen in 2 minutes, takes a while to unscrew the cap at the least.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

“Ju...there’s a Justin?!” -#SayingsofSpurgeon, probably.

Spurge and Henry struggled with those Howlers. They know there’s a James, and a Jase but not a Jason or a Jeremiah.  Referred to Jed! as “Jedidiah Duggar”.  Literally couldn’t place Justin. 

What 3 year old knows that having 19 kids is a lot?  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

How does a 2 1/2 year old get nailpolish all over his baby sister's face in that tiny house? Were they asleep? That didn't happen in 2 minutes, takes a while to unscrew the cap at the least.

This appears to have happened at Lolli and Pop's place (see the staircase in the second picture).

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

This appears to have happened at Lolli and Pop's place (see the staircase in the second picture).

I wasn't paying attention, obviously lol. So my question still stands, how the hell does that happen? It's rhetorical I know. It's the Duggars and sometimes they face paint with nail polish because they do everything differently.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Assuming Ben wasn't home and the lid was loose, Henry could have done that while Jessa was using the bathroom. I had a grandchild find a permanent marker and walk around the kitchen and living room drawing a wavy red line while I was in the bathroom. I wanted to ask the 8 yo what he was doing while the 4 yo was doing this, but stopped b/c it wasn't his responsibility to parent his sister.

I just read that they were at the TTH. In that case there is absolutely no excuse that a toddler and baby were left alone long enough for this to happen. What if he decided to feed it to her instead of finger painting? It must be a mad house there with all those little kids and nobody supervising them.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 5

I questioned that a few posts back. It seems that nobody is minding the store.

Just now, Nysha said:

Assuming Ben wasn't home and the lid was loose, Henry could have done that while Jessa was using the bathroom. I had a grandchild find a permanent marker and walk around the kitchen and living room drawing a wavy red line while I was in the bathroom. I wanted to ask the 8 yo what he was doing while the 4 yo was doing this, but stopped b/c it wasn't his responsibility to parent his sister.

This happened at the TTH. 

16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ah, thanks. I thought it was Jessa's birthin' couch and didn't see the stairs. 

5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Are there any natural ways to remove the polish? I cringe at the thought of Jessa rubbing acetone on delicate baby skin.

It'll wear off eventually.  Otherwise, nail polish remover is probably the best bet.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Are there any natural ways to remove the polish? I cringe at the thought of Jessa rubbing acetone on delicate baby skin.

You mean Ben.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I admit that I completely lack the “everything precocious little kids say is utterly so precious” chromosome. Don’t have it...at all. I’m more of a “isn’t that obnoxious and isn’t it his nap time” kind of person.

So...is this actually cute to some people? Or is it just Duggars Exploiting Offspring, The Saga Continues???

I am not a kid person--they have to be tweens before I stop regarding them as tiny aliens masquerading as people--but I do occasionally find what little kids say entertaining. None of it is what Jessa has shared, which is just bland and is truly annoying, but we have had some delightfully weird little kids blurt out some seriously weird shit in the library where I work. It's not funny enough for me to remember it after the fact or feel the need to tell other people, but in the moment, it's like, "Well, that was amusing!" I think it helps when it is not sold like it is eventful or momentous and is treated as more of a "Damn, kids be weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Let's move on to other matters." 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I admit that I completely lack the “everything precocious little kids say is utterly so precious” chromosome. Don’t have it...at all. I’m more of a “isn’t that obnoxious and isn’t it his nap time” kind of person.

So...is this actually cute to some people? Or is it just Duggars Exploiting Offspring, The Saga Continues???

I think there are some funny kids out there, I just don't find Jessa's brood to be among them. Of course, no fault on Henry and Spurge, considering Jessa is likely fabricating and embellishing the majority of what they say. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think there are some funny kids out there, I just don't find Jessa's brood to be among them. Of course, no fault on Henry and Spurge, considering Jessa is likely fabricating and embellishing the majority of what they say. 

And that Jessa is one of the most humorless people on the planet.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Right there with you. And yes, is the answer to your last question.

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I am not a kid person--they have to be tweens before I stop regarding them as tiny aliens masquerading as people--but I do occasionally find what little kids say entertaining. None of it is what Jessa has shared, which is just bland and is truly annoying, but we have had some delightfully weird little kids blurt out some seriously weird shit in the library where I work. It's not funny enough for me to remember it after the fact or feel the need to tell other people, but in the moment, it's like, "Well, that was amusing!" I think it helps when it is not sold like it is eventful or momentous and is treated as more of a "Damn, kids be weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Let's move on to other matters." 

Exactly. I believe we have already noticed some simpatico tendencies between us and here is another one.

• Love 2

I love kids and get a kick out of their spontaneous misinterpretations of the world and their sometimes profound outlook on life. #SayingsOfSpurgeon have not checked either of these boxes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My sister did something like this when she was 7 or 8, got into my mom’s nail polish and poured it all over her thighs/carpet (that’s when the bedroom doors got locks with keys). My great aunt (our nanny)  just used nail polish remover (like @doodlebug said). 

Maybe because this happened in my own house i am no terribly surprised. Kids move so quickly! But ummmm why did they take a photo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Nail polish can be a bitch to remove on surfaces and the remover ruins wood finishes. I suppose a quick wipe on the face with a good washing after would be harmless. It doesn't seem to do much damage to fingers.

• Love 7
On 7/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, BitterApple said:

Is that the TTH in the background? With two dozen people floating around on a daily basis, how did nobody notice a kid taking nail polish and painting a baby's face? 

Maybe they noticed and sat there and laughed. 

1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Maybe they noticed and sat there and laughed. 

And Jessa let it continue because she knew she could craft a "Kids!!  Amirite??" IG story around it.  Hopefully she was at least monitoring the shenanigans to prevent Ivy's eyeballs from becoming coated with nail polish, but who knows.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think that is how the TTH operates though. no one really paying attention because there are so many people milling about everyone thinks someone else is paying attention. Jessa surely goes to the TTH most days so she doesn't have to be the one watching her own kids all day everyday.

Jill certainly struggled with that for a long stretch. She seems to have sorted that out a bit.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 15