Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Ivy's musical ability- not to diminish her musicality but...she hears that song about every single week considering the size of that family. But yea she's remarkably on target, note-wise.

Not that I don't wish she becomes a musical prodigy singing opera and obtains a full ride scholarship to Julliard and never looks back and then writes a book about the crazy little people in Arkansas.

Dream big little Ivy.

Should we call her Ivy League from now on?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
On 7/2/2020 at 9:28 PM, JoanArc said:

This will be the third time they’ve brought it up. Don’t you need verifiable income to adopt? Pretty sure the child has to have their own bedroom, too. There’s so bad at this PR baiting.

They'll use a Christian adoption agency, which are sketchy as hell, especially those focused on international adoptions. Any "rules" those agencies have will be waived for the right people.

• Love 7

Jessa referenced them adopting a baby. She never mentioned adopting an older child which are plentiful. 

I agree that if it ever happens,  it will be through a sketchy agency or a family's friend's unwed daughter kind of thing.  Of course the poor girl would live with them & be a housekeeper/nanny for the entire 9 months.  

38 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Jessa referenced them adopting a baby. She never mentioned adopting an older child which are plentiful. 

I agree that if it ever happens,  it will be through a sketchy agency or a family's friend's unwed daughter kind of thing.  Of course the poor girl would live with them & be a housekeeper/nanny for the entire 9 months.  

Don’t forget the inevitable rehoming when things don’t work out, or the media  attention stops. I suppose they wouldn’t have to do a full rehoming, just ship the poor child to whatever Gothard camp needs them long-term.  

• Love 1

Well, the Seewalds are ill equipped if an adopted child has needs beyond the norm. They'll just look for a cross wearing human to tell them everything is fine and move on.

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I would never want these people adopting anyone, but especially not an older child.  An older child would be able to pick up on all of their crappy, savior cues.  Couple that with vulnerable human emotions that stem from a sense of abandonment and distrust, it’s such a delicate situation. I can’t see Ben and Jessa having the emotional maturity to handle any of that well. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, the Seewalds are ill equipped if an adopted child has needs beyond the norm. They'll just look for a cross wearing human to tell them everything is fine and move on.

I first read this as cross dressing human and wondered where they would find one that would tell them everything is fine.

• LOL 24

All states require a homestudy from a licensed agency. Jessa and Ben would need to move into a larger house in order to adopt, since they have children of both sexes. I think this is Jessa's usual publicity stunt but if they did get a baby it would probably be under a guardianship type agreement and be rehomed the minute the poor child showed any signs of emotional, developmental, or behavioral issues.

• Love 5

I hate to say it, but there's probably some idiotic teenager who thinks the Duggars are the bestest family evah, and would sign over her baby to Jessa and Bin. Even though Jessa uses adoption as clickbait, if she wanted a kid, she could get one. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

“Who gave me this stupid name?” #SayingOfSpurgeon (in about 20 years, when he finally gets his own account)

Or it will be #SayingsOfSteven. 🤣

• LOL 23
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Whaaaaat? Just stop, Jessa.

1B82651F-B42A-4D13-AFF7-AC050E496DA3.jpeg

There is so much going on in that one tweet that I have to think Jessa is stealing from multiple sources for content.  It is usually easier to steal someone else's whole tweet instead of attempting to create this monster.  I'm curious to see how she accomplishes this.  Does she have a bot garble together stuff from different parenting tweets, or does she actually take the time to scroll through Twitter looking for stuff to steal.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Whaaaaat? Just stop, Jessa.

1B82651F-B42A-4D13-AFF7-AC050E496DA3.jpeg

These sayings Jessa posts hadn't really bothered me much, but that is just obnoxious.  She needs to stop.

• Love 14
Just now, Suzn said:

These sayings Jessa posts hadn't really bothered me much, but that is just obnoxious.  She needs to stop.

The thing about her posting is that it’s not even funny. I was looking for the punchline or the wit...

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, zenme said:

The thing about her posting is that it’s not even funny. I was looking for the punchline or the wit...

I seriously have second-hand embarrassment for her. What is she trying to accomplish? Is she trying to turn Spurgeon into some kind of Christian child star? It would be smarter to allow her pet poodle husband to get a job so she doesn't have to exploit her child for clicks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Why do I think that eventually all of the kid's quotes are going to be compiled into a book called Sayings of Spurgeon by Jessica Duggar Seewald?

She even fucked up her own hashtag on this one.

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There is so much going on in that one tweet that I have to think Jessa is stealing from multiple sources for content.  It is usually easier to steal someone else's whole tweet instead of attempting to create this monster.  I'm curious to see how she accomplishes this.  Does she have a bot garble together stuff from different parenting tweets, or does she actually take the time to scroll through Twitter looking for stuff to steal.  

Exactly! None of this even makes sense.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So she had to change her hashtag? 

It probably was a fuck up, but it also frees her up from having her stupidity thrown back in her face.I think it’s some of the other tweets Spurgeon asked her to stop exploiting him.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

No, the original hashtag has links to molestation resources.

So if I understand 

Jessa created 'SayingsofSpurgeon" for a collection of cute little kid sayings that might appeal to the grandma-wannabe crowd, who watches the show. Then other people started to use the same hashtag SayingsofSpurgeon to link articles on how the Duggar girls were molested by their brother or how they follow Bill Gothard, who allegedly assaulted dozens of women or some other scandal connected to them. So now Jessa is trying to move away from that by using SayingofSpurgeon instead of SayingsofSpurgeon. 

Is this correct? Or is the new use of the original hashtag not connected to the Duggars?

• Useful 7
(edited)

There weren't any links to articles or references to Gothard. There were references to the abuse, though. However, what was said there was nothing we haven't said here.

eta: This was Twitter. I didn't check IG.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

There weren't any links to articles or references to Gothard. There were references to the abuse, though. However, what was said there was nothing we haven't said here.

eta: This was Twitter. I didn't check IG.

That is so wrong. Jessa was the victim! Reminding her that her brother molested her when she’s just trying to post some of the cute things Spurgeon has said seems unnecessarily mean. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I looked up the old hashtag. It was just snarkers that Jessa likely blocked. There is one snarker already on #sayingofspurgeon.

Doesn’t she realize that the snarkers are simply going to start using the new hashtag? Sorry, Jessa, you need to just stop.

15 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

That is so wrong. Jessa was the victim! Reminding her that her brother molested her when she’s just trying to post some of the cute things Spurgeon has said seems unnecessarily mean. 

She is making up nonsense for attention. Spurgeon didn’t actually say most of the stuff she claims he did.

And you know what she could do? Simply share her posts with actual friends and family, instead of with millions of complete strangers. But she leaves her account public so she can continue to exploit her kids for money.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Spurgeon didn’t actually say most of the stuff she claims he did.

And even if he did say these things, there is nothing noteworthy about any of it.  It's just age-appropriate banter.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

“Who gave me this stupid name?” #SayingOfSpurgeon (in about 20 years, when he finally gets his own account)

😈 How evil am I to hope that he says, “Who gave me this fucking name?” 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Because she shares stuff that Spurgeon says to “millions of complete strangers,” it’s okay for trolls to mock her abuse? To taunt her by pointing out that her brother molested her as if she forgot that? As if that abuse has anything at all to do with her posts about Spurgeon? I’m not seeing the connection here. 

I’m also not convinced that she’s making up “nonsense for attention.” How does anyone “know” Spurgeon didn’t say those things? He’s four, and four year olds say all kinds of funny stuff. Don’t you remember the show “Kids Say the Darndest Things”? That show existed because parents film their kids all the time and had caught them on camera saying ridiculous and funny things. So in my opinion, it’s entirely possible, even likely, that Spurgeon said those things. But I won’t claim that I know he said them because I wasn’t there. 

I agree about the abuse trolling. Very violating and invasive. There's a handful of SM posters out there that post that shit every chance they get.

I too, believe Spurgie says those things, but more because they're very unremarkable. Funny, cute or smart, only to the mom. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa obviously thinks he's a kid genius. All the while, they use subtitles with Henry. 😕

I noticed in the last episode the producers asked Henry how old he was and Spurgeon answered, without missing a beat,“I’m two and a half.” Henry will always need subtitles if his precocious brother always answers on his behalf.  

• Love 4