Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Quoting myself to add something. 

I was rush typing this yesterday, but I realised later that there was a reason why I thought COVID might necessitate some sort of emergency delivery/c-section. I'm putting in a spoiler, because it may be too upsetting for some people. (concerns pregnant women and corona).

Topic: Ben and Jessa should be more worried about COVID in general. 

I read something similar to that as well. But the babies were all born healthy and they found the info mentioned in the article, after the births.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm curious as to what angle Jessa is going for by trying to sell Spurgeon as this witty child-genius?

Maybe it's just a fuck-you-internet, as usual? 

"You heathens think the Duggars and our SOTDRTs don't produce highly educated, intellectual people! Ha!!! We have the next Einstein in our midst (except ours won't believe in science...)!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's just a fuck-you-internet, as usual? 

"You heathens think the Duggars and our SOTDRTs don't produce highly educated, intellectual people! Ha!!! We have the next Einstein in our midst (except ours won't believe in science...)!"

Oh dear, Jessa's internet F/U is backfiring. I'm sure Spurgie is a wonderful little boy, but he's very unremarkable.

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Do Americans use the phrase tinned food? My guess Charity is British.

I was wondering that too. Either British or maybe Aussie? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

I was wondering that too. Either British or maybe Aussie? 

Or Canadian?  Whoever, the entirety of the banal and often painful sayings of an average little one, written by mommy should be mocked internationally.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

It's a rash guard to prevent sunburn, I wear one too. So she's not stupid about this but sure let little kids drink salty pickle juice.

Yeah, I doubt Henry's in such dire need of immediate electrolyte replenishment that he needs to drink pickle juice to restore his body to balance. .... He's not finishing up a marathon or anything.....Likely to get him hooked on salty crap instead....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I drank pickle juice as a kid as did my siblings. Of course it wasn't a ton,  just got sips when the jar was empty before my mom dumped it. None of us are addicted to salt, but then again our parents aren't Ben and Jessa..lol. I'm more skeeved out at how many times their watermelon probably fell on that filthy deck and they kept eating it. Or having it in the pool water with lord knows what else..

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I drank pickle juice as a kid as did my siblings. Of course it wasn't a ton,  just got sips when the jar was empty before my mom dumped it. None of us are addicted to salt, but then again our parents aren't Ben and Jessa..lol. I'm more skeeved out at how many times their watermelon probably fell on that filthy deck and they kept eating it. Or having it in the pool water with lord knows what else..

Yeah I was about 4 when I asked a babysitter for pickle juice, and her amusement at how much I liked it pretty quickly turned to horror when she realized I was intent on downing the whole damn jar. She took it away before it came to that! :S But in any event, it doesn't seem that weird to me to give a little to a kid who wants some. But just chugging it out of the jar?

• Love 8

I've always liked pickle juice, but I can't down it the way Henry appears to be doing.  I can only tolerate it in sips, and maybe 1/4-1/2 cup at a time.  Props to Henry, but I do get a hypertension headache just looking at that picture!

• Love 5
(edited)

My granddaughters (ages 2 and 10) have swimsuits with long sleeves.  They are quite popular, and do prevent sunburn. I have to give Jessa and Ben a pass on this one.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 14

I would guess that drinking pickle juice is not good for that kid's tooth enamel. It's not meant to be a beverage. Be should know better as he has a healthier outlook on what he eats. He should tell Jessa not to allow the kids to drink that brine.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I would guess that drinking pickle juice is not good for that kid's tooth enamel. It's not meant to be a beverage. Be should know better as he has a healthier outlook on what he eats. He should tell Jessa not to allow the kids to drink that brine.

That’s a battle he won’t win. You can’t fight the Duggars’ lifelong obsession with pickles. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Chicklet said:

It's a rash guard to prevent sunburn, I wear one too. So she's not stupid about this but sure let little kids drink salty pickle juice.

It does look like it is probably a rash guard for sun protection but it also looks like she has at least one other shirt on under it.  Why?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It does look like it is probably a rash guard for sun protection but it also looks like she has at least one other shirt on under it.  Why?

It looks that way in the first pic, but in the fifth pic (where Ivy looks like she's totally done with everyone... love her face!) you can see the side of the suit is the same polka dots as the neck part... so either the Duggars got much better at coordinating outfits, or it's all one piece with a weirdly high neck. She does get to have bare legs, so that's something...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think it just has a high collar/neckline.  The dot print is in the collar and the sides. Since Ivy is chunky and has no neck, it looks like two shirts instead of one.

EYA: @dargosmydaddy beat me to it. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Picking up the Jana/Jessa discussion from Jill's thread. Jessa hasn't stopped being an asshole to Jana. Two things that come to mind is, when Jessa, Jana and I think Jinger, were redecorating some space. Jessa was taking down things Jana just hung on the wall and changing it.

Another time when Jessa was showing off unborn Spurgie's nursery, she showed her sisters and the camera, a picture of his ultrasound. When Jana went to take a closer look, Jessa moved the picture. 

I'm sure there's much more that happens that is not filmed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I've never bought for even one second that the oldest four girls are all BFFs. I don't even see Jana and Jill as close, although at one time they may have bonded over sister momming.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I've never bought for even one second that the oldest four girls are all BFFs. I don't even see Jana and Jill as close, although at one time they may have bonded over sister momming.

Jessa is a triangulator and she manipulated and continues to manipulate the dynamics between Jana, Jill, Jinger and herself.

• Love 16
(edited)

I've said this before, but I was really disturbed by Jessa's reaction to Jill crying during their interview about the molestations. I am an awkward person around people who are crying, so I know not everyone instinctively knows what to do. But there was no empathy there whatsoever. 

@GeeGolly It's not letting me copy the post, but on Jill's thread you mentioned a peak Mean Girls post from Jessa on FB a few years ago. I was super intrigued! What did she post? Thanks!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I've said this before, but I was really disturbed by Jessa's reaction to Jill crying during their interview about the molestations. I am an awkward person around people who are crying, so I know not everyone instinctively knows what to do. But there was no empathy there whatsoever. 

@GeeGolly It's not letting me copy the post, but on Jill's thread you mentioned a peak Mean Girls post from Jessa on FB a few years ago. I was super intrigued! What did she post? Thanks!

It was four or five years ago and I don't remember exactly, but Jessa posted a page long diatribe about how some Christians follow their faith. It was either about Christians believing in the wrong God or Christians believing in God in the wrong way. Or maybe both.

Jessa has also posted about using prayer to cure anxiety. I wish someone could find it to see if Jinger's post was the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa was at her worst around the time of her marriage. She peaked when she posted the pic of her and Ben kissing to promote straight marriage. She blocked me for liking a pro-LGBTQ post. I never reply on fundie posts.

(Bringing this over from the Jill/Derick topic)

That's right. I remember that for a short time early in their marriage, both Jessa and Ben were posting strongly worded theological statements/rants on SM. Then they stopped posting that kind of content. I wonder if somebody put a word in her ear that they could be alienating some of their TLC viewers with all the hard core fundie messaging. 

IMO her TV stah gig is front of mind for Jessa. I doubt she would have visited Jill recently, or posted about it on SM, if it weren't to do damage control and maybe stir a little clickbait just before a new season of the show starts. She's gotta counter those stories claiming Jill's been ostracized by the Best Dad Ever In The World, and it's not all sweetness and love in the Wonderful Incredibly Huge Duggar Family. 

• Love 16

I bathed my kids together when they were babies. There was always a chance a little one would pee in the bath water, but they were pretty much in and out after getting washed when they were very young. But Ivy clearly is not wearing a diaper in the pictures below and the kids were playing together in the pool. They is no way that kid did not pee in that pool. The pool where she is sitting eating watermelon as her brothers play in the water. Just ew.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I bathed my kids together when they were babies. There was always a chance a little one would pee in the bath water, but they were pretty much in and out after getting washed when they were very young. But Ivy clearly is not wearing a diaper in the pictures below and the kids were playing together in the pool. They is no way that kid did not pee in that pool. The pool where she is sitting eating watermelon as her brothers play in the water. Just ew.

There's no excuse for Ivy not having a swim diaper on, especially, as you say, all three kids were not only in the pool, they were eating.  Heck, when I was a kid, my mom wouldn't let us eat anything, not even popsicles, in the pool to keep crumbs and other icky stuff out of the water.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just went searching and found this, but I feel there's another post out there, more like the one Jinger posted.

Fuck off Jessa. She worships the Altar of the Mighty Dollar just as her father does. 

• Love 14
(edited)
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's even watermelon slices floating in the pool.

Not any more, though. Henry downed them while finishing off the family-sized jar of pickle brine. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

(Bringing this over from the Jill/Derick topic)

That's right. I remember that for a short time early in their marriage, both Jessa and Ben were posting strongly worded theological statements/rants on SM. Then they stopped posting that kind of content. I wonder if somebody put a word in her ear that they could be alienating some of their TLC viewers with all the hard core fundie messaging. 

IMO her TV stah gig is front of mind for Jessa. I doubt she would have visited Jill recently, or posted about it on SM, if it weren't to do damage control and maybe stir a little clickbait just before a new season of the show starts. She's gotta counter those stories claiming Jill's been ostracized by the Best Dad Ever In The World, and it's not all sweetness and love in the Wonderful Incredibly Huge Duggar Family. 

I remember that too. They "suddenly" stopped doing that and began posting nothing but cute pictures of their kids, recipes and other stuff.  Their SM, stories and visits are all calculated. They haven't changed their toxic views they just hide them. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Fuck off Jessa. She worships the Altar of the Mighty Dollar just as her father does. 

She has a dumpy Mold House by the interstate off ramp, and a couple of cars. Doesn’t sound like she is worshiping the almighty dollar well enough. I guess her biggest benefit is not having to work all day, even though image management is a lot of work. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

She has a dumpy Mold House by the interstate off ramp, and a couple of cars. Doesn’t sound like she is worshiping the almighty dollar well enough. I guess her biggest benefit is not having to work all day, even though image management is a lot of work. 

You get as much effort as you put in and the Duggars were taught half assing it is the way to go (see: Smuggar and FRC). That being said, she clearly wouldn't be hanging on Lolli and Pops for dear life if money isn't the be all and end all.

• Love 10