Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Pecans?  Slurpee‘s? 

When people pronounce pecans as "pee-cans" instead of "puh-cans," I always do a mortified double-take and wonder why they're eating a container full of piss. And then I'm like, "Oh right there are variants on pronunciation." 🤣 

• LOL 7
On 6/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The Seewalds went out to brunch on Saturday. No masks, indoor dining. 

They are all acting like it's life as usual. A Duggar Covid outbreak wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Donate!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

When people pronounce pecans as "pee-cans" instead of "puh-cans," I always do a mortified double-take and wonder why they're eating a container full of piss. And then I'm like, "Oh right there are variants on pronunciation." 🤣 

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought PEE-can was the preferred Southern pronunciation. 

My mother was from the south, and always said it the southern way. 

Can they say peaches?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought PEE-can was the preferred Southern pronunciation. 

People where I am in NW Arkansas (or where my family is from in W North Carolina) don't say it that way. 

14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

My mother was from the south, and always said it the southern way. 

Can they say peaches?

Where was your mom from? I don't think it is a universally Southern pronunciation, though I am more familiar with Ozark and Appalachian accents, which are their own little subset. 

Edited to add: I had a professor from Oregon who pronounced it with "pee" in it, and I think that might have been the first time I heard it said that way. I made fun of him, but now I am wondering if I'm the weirdo. LOLOL

Edited Edited: I was just reading an article that said the difference in pronunciation is more of a rural versus urban distinction than geographic, which is interesting. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's like a FU dare for them. 

When they do some of these dumb things, like bypass prenatal care, I often wonder whether they all really do them out of some kind of conviction or just because they feel pressure to live up to the family ethos...and/or to not fail in the sibling competition somehow. 

I wonder how deep the competition goes beyond the obvious "level of sucking up to JB and M on special occasions" kinds of things, for example.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Zella said:

People where I am in NW Arkansas (or where my family is from in W North Carolina) don't say it that way. 

Where was your mom from? I don't think it is a universally Southern pronunciation, though I am more familiar with Ozark and Appalachian accents, which are their own little subset. 

Edited to add: I had a professor from Oregon who pronounced it with "pee" in it, and I think that might have been the first time I heard it said that way. I made fun of him, but now I am wondering if I'm the weirdo. LOLOL

Edited Edited: I was just reading an article that said the difference in pronunciation is more of a rural versus urban distinction than geographic, which is interesting. 

I grew up in rural Kansas and say puh-cahn!  The pee-can hits me as very wrong the same as it does you.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Just read this -- Pregnant women with COVID-19 are 5 times more likely to be hospitalized

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/06/25/pregnant-women-coronavirus-hospitalized-sent-icu-more-often/3257613001/

Joy, Jingle (and Jessa?) had better stay away from these family gatherings. 

We don't know Jessa is pregnant. And Joy is almost done with the pregnancy (she has about 8 weeks left assuming she goes full term). Jinger is in LA and won't be there as much (hopefully cuts down on risks). 

• Love 2
(edited)

Joy and Jinger have both put themselves at risk. You're the one who always speculates about Jessa. 😀 If she is indeed pregnant, she has put herself in several risky situations just since last Saturday. Joy was right there with Jessa, save the brunch. Joy has also traveled a lot during this pregnancy and openly mocked Covid with those guys whose name I can't recall offhand. I keep wanting to call them the Regulators, but that's Outlander. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

Joy being so close to the end of her pregnancy may put her at greater risk. And yes, she has put herself at risk many times during the past few months and openly mocked those taking precautions.

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy and Jinger have both put themselves at risk. You're the one who always speculates about Jessa. 😀 If she is indeed pregnant, she has put herself in several risky situations just since last Saturday. Joy was right there with Jessa, save the brunch. But Joy has traveled a lot during this pregnancy and openly mocked Covid with those guys whose name I can't recall offhand. I keep wanting to call them the Regulators, but that's Outlander. 😁

The fucking “Freedomists.” Muh freedumbs! Merica!

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Joy being so close to the end of her pregnancy may put her at greater risk. And yes, she has put herself at risk many times during the past few months and openly mocked those taking precautions.

Yes it puts her at greater risk, but if they decided it was best, they can do an emergency c-section. If they did an emergency c-section, there might be health risks/consequences, but probably the baby would be all right. She's significantly farther along than when Michelle had Josie. Joy is 32 weeks and Michelle was about 26 weeks with Josie. 

Any other pregnant Duggar/Bates are far enough from a due date that they wouldn't be able to a c-section in the same way. 

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes it puts her at greater risk, but if they decided it was best, they can do an emergency c-section. If they did an emergency c-section, there might be health risks/consequences, but probably the baby would be all right. She's significantly farther along than when Michelle had Josie. Joy is 32 weeks and Michelle was about 26 weeks with Josie. 

Any other pregnant Duggar/Bates are far enough from a due date that they wouldn't be able to a c-section in the same way. 

Only for the Duggars is emergency always connected with c-section. Emergency anything isn't an ideal way to deliver a baby. That is why God gave folks the intelligence to create doctors and prenatal care.

• Love 17
(edited)

Jessa goes plant shopping and came home with one plant and half a dozen plant clippings. Did they buy one plant each and divide them up?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

We don't know Jessa is pregnant. 

That's why I put a question mark after her name! I actually don't think she's pregnant, for some reason. But it's been rumored, so, hey, maybe she is. 

I'm not sure the "Joy's only got 8 weeks to go thing" really makes a difference, though. Would you want to be in labor with Covid 19 -- which I'm reliably told is, for many people, like an elephant sitting on your chest (and not just for 80-year olds)? Because that sounds absolutely terrifying to me....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

Jill lived in Central America when Zika was in full force, while trying for a second baby. I had a friend who canceled her FL vacation during that time because she and her husband were also trying to conceive. 

Its really more (actually less) than calculating risk. It comes down to, why the fuck do unnecessary mundane things if there's a possibility of complicating your pregnancy and delivery - or worse.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Portia said:

And my grandson, just a little younger, proudly said "motherfucker" last Christmas. 

My son once said "motherfucker" in front of my rabbi friend...and then my friend thought it was so funny he tried to get my son to say it AGAIN.

How much do you want to bet that Spurgeon telling "motherfucker" to a pastor would merit more punishment than what Josh did?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Guys, guys, guys, you've forgotten the obvious!

How in the hell can Anna teach the alphabet to her kids? They would have to skip from O to Q.

And ironically, her sister (OfPecanThief) has named her sons all with a P theme.

• LOL 18
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Pee is a naughty word? How is that possible? Can they say penis? Or urinate?

And what about peas? 

-----

Its really more (actually less) than calculating risk. It comes down to, why the fuck do unnecessary mundane things if there's a possibility of complicating your pregnancy and delivery - or worse.

I would bet my last dollar that none of the Duggar grandchildren are allowed to say penis or anything close to penis. 

@GeeGolly - doing unnecessary mundane things that might cause serious health issues in their unborn babies are bad enough, and not very pro-life, but they're risking everyone they come in contact with at the same time. 

Oh, and I grew up in the Portland/Vancouver area and say pee-can. But then I also grew up calling hazelnuts Filberts.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Recent data clearly indicates that people who are COVID positive, symptomatic or not, are at risk of life threatening complications if they undergo surgery, even elective, supposedly minor surgery.  That is why my hospital, and most hospitals, test every single surgical patient for COVID preoperatively.  If they're positive, any elective surgery is cancelled until they're negative.  Pregnant women who are scheduled for cesareans and inductions are also tested before they enter the hospital.  Obviously, not all inductions or cesareans can be postponed, but at least we can more closely monitor the mother. Women who arrive in labor without a scheduled delivery are given the rapid test on admission.  Having a positive COVID test is NOT an indication for a cesarean section.

As for cesareans, in general: a woman who delivers by cesarean is 7 times more likely to die than a woman who delivers vaginally.  That is before we consider COVID status, adequacy of prenatal care, emergency surgery or anything else.  A lot of people are very cavalier about cesareans, but they present a significant risk to the mother, even in the best circumstances.  And not just for death, but for hemorrhage, infection, clotting, bladder or bowel injury and on and on.

In Joy's case; we are looking at a woman who has probably had inadequate prenatal care, has a history of a prior cesarean, and hasn't done a thing to avoid getting COVID.  She cannot change her past medical history, but she can and should've gotten good prenatal care with a licensed practitioner with hospital privileges; yet, I think we all know she probably didn't.  And, in this pandemic, she should be staying at home with her son and husband and only venturing out when it is absolutely necessary which does not include pedicures and brunch with her idiot sisters.  She needs to wear a mask, wash her hands religiously and carefully maintain social distance at all times.  Joy is an ignorant fool.

I don't think c-sections are things to be "cavalier" about, but a lot of my friends ended up needing c-sections and emergency c-sections even with very good prenatal care.  Things happen and I think it's best we don't shame women for c-sections. Part of why Jill Dillard was depressed was because her community wasn't terribly supportive of c-sections. I think it's best we don't shame women for having them.

As for the pandemic, I take it very seriously. I never go anywhere without my mask even outside. I'm trying to be as cautious as I can and I'm not pregnant. Fundies are idiots and apparently most of them Covidiots. The above scenario was worst case. 

Joy may need another c-section anyway and I hope her doctor is kind to her.

As for Jessa, there were rumors she was pregnant, but she doesn't look very pregnant in the photos of this week so who knows. 

• Love 6

Yes, I don't think anyone here has shamed anybody for having a C-section. There has been disapproval of what IMO has been an unreasonable disregard by three of the Duggar daughters - Jessa, Jill, and Joy - of proper prenatal medical care, to say the least. And as I recall, the disapproval is generally coupled with concern for the health of these young women and their babies. 

BTW I've always thought it was rather ironic that those three Duggar daughters have been so into home births and no medical prenatal care. Because that is emphatically NOT how their Greatest Mother of All Time handled almost all of her many pregnancies and deliveries. IIRC Michelle had two or maybe three home births, and appeared to see her doctor for prenatal care and to have hospital births for all the rest. 

• Love 17

I absolutely hate those portraits over the couch. They overwhelm the space and it feels like a bunch of creepy kids are leering at me. I think they either need to be scaled down or moved elsewhere.

I'm curious as to what angle Jessa is going for by trying to sell Spurgeon as this witty child-genius?

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I absolutely hate those portraits over the couch.

I thought the exactly same thing the moment I saw those.  I think it's a very cute idea, but I would have put them in a different place.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One of my then teenage kids said motherfucker in frustration, within earshot of my husband and me. My husband (inappropriately) said in reply, "That's how I made you". Poor kid had a light bulb moment and walked away.

I almost choked on my carrot!!! Too funny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Georgia.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I absolutely hate those portraits over the couch. They overwhelm the space and it feels like a bunch of creepy kids are leering at me.

Poorly decorated pediatrician's waiting room

• Useful 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I absolutely hate those portraits over the couch. They overwhelm the space and it feels like a bunch of creepy kids are leering at me. I think they either need to be scaled down or moved elsewhere.

I'm curious as to what angle Jessa is going for by trying to sell Spurgeon as this witty child-genius?

There is way too much white space in those portraits, especially Henry and Ivy’s.  They need to be cropped.  I think they’re creepy too.  Way too big.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa goes plant shopping and came home with one plant and half a dozen plant clippings. Did they buy one plant each and divide them up?

Well, yeah. They're cheapskates.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 6/26/2020 at 12:38 PM, Temperance said:

I don't think c-sections are things to be "cavalier" about, but a lot of my friends ended up needing c-sections and emergency c-sections even with very good prenatal care.  Things happen and I think it's best we don't shame women for c-sections. Part of why Jill Dillard was depressed was because her community wasn't terribly supportive of c-sections. I think it's best we don't shame women for having them.

As for the pandemic, I take it very seriously. I never go anywhere without my mask even outside. I'm trying to be as cautious as I can and I'm not pregnant. Fundies are idiots and apparently most of them Covidiots. The above scenario was worst case. 

Joy may need another c-section anyway and I hope her doctor is kind to her.

As for Jessa, there were rumors she was pregnant, but she doesn't look very pregnant in the photos of this week so who knows. 

Quoting myself to add something. 

I was rush typing this yesterday, but I realised later that there was a reason why I thought COVID might necessitate some sort of emergency delivery/c-section. I'm putting in a spoiler, because it may be too upsetting for some people. (concerns pregnant women and corona).

Spoiler

I read an article that said some doctors were worried that COVID was damaging the umbilical cord in some pregnant women.  I couldn't find the same article again, but I found a different that talked about a study of women with Covid who had damage to the placenta. The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Pathology, which is what the new article was based on.  If further testing/studies confirms this new development, I could see the need for emergency delivery. 

Topic: Ben and Jessa should be more worried about COVID in general. 

• Useful 9