Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I had forgotten about Lily and Ellie's blog. They have two blogs, one for Bates and one for Duggars. Monday June 15, 2020 they ran a filler post about Jessa and Ivy called "Ivy is Jessa' Mini-me".  It includes this sentence. "Ivy Seewald is one year old, which means that Jessa and Ben could be "expecting" another pregnancy in the near future."

According to people who read their blog, they don't post things like the above sentence too often. They also are big-time fans, who may have an inside track. 

I've thought Jessa was pregnant for a while. I think we'll have an announcement of Seewald #4 sooner than later, but it's all speculation.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Forgive me, Jesus, but if any Duggar or Duggar adjacent ended up on DWTS, I would watch the hell out of it. Except if Jingle or RFP were on, then never mind...

And now Jeremy has a new idea. 🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Forgive me, Jesus, but if any Duggar or Duggar adjacent ended up on DWTS, I would watch the hell out of it. Except if Jingle or RFP were on, then never mind...

I think RFP would be the likeliest candidate.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Agreed. And he's right there in LA.

ETA: And he's still on Counting On (not like the Dillards or Amy)

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I don't think he's got the necessary popularity, however. When Jingle gets hundreds of comments, Jer gets 75 on basically the same post. And he probably gets most of those not because he's Jer but because he's Jingle's husband. 

He hasn't got the starpower. (much as he imagines that he does....) Just like influencing, being on DWTS requires you to draw in additional viewers for the sponsors. Jer's only riding the coattails of Jingle, who can do a bit of that. 

EMLTA: I enjoy saying this: "Jer's only riding the coattails of Jingle." Especially because it's so so true. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

I had forgotten about Lily and Ellie's blog. They have two blogs, one for Bates and one for Duggars. Monday June 15, 2020 they ran a filler post about Jessa and Ivy called "Ivy is Jessa' Mini-me".  It includes this sentence. "Ivy Seewald is one year old, which means that Jessa and Ben could be "expecting" another pregnancy in the near future."

According to people who read their blog, they don't post things like the above sentence too often. They also are big-time fans, who may have an inside track. 

I've thought Jessa was pregnant for a while. I think we'll have an announcement of Seewald #4 sooner than later, but it's all speculation.

I try to check in on Lily & Ellie's Duggar blog mainly to get the leghumpers view of things.  They (leghumpers) can really go after one another about an innocent comment another poster made. 

The possibility of a pregnancy is something Lily & Ellie usually don't mention.  The posters like to speculate like we do but Lily & Ellie don't even say anything til the couple officially announces the pregnancy. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I try to check in on Lily & Ellie's Duggar blog mainly to get the leghumpers view of things.  They (leghumpers) can really go after one another about an innocent comment another poster made. 

The possibility of a pregnancy is something Lily & Ellie usually don't mention.  The posters like to speculate like we do but Lily & Ellie don't even say anything til the couple officially announces the pregnancy. 

Well a lot of the comments I saw weren't from leghumpers, they were really snarky about the possibility of #4.  The leghumpers were of course defensive of Ben and Jessa. 

Thanks for confirming that Lily and Ellie don't speculate much. Something is up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/29/2020 at 4:32 AM, Snow Fairy said:

I have a girl, 2 years old. Hate those tutus.

She rarely weard dresses because she is always running, jumping, climbing, and all of that is easier in leggings

I acctualy don't find Ivy very cute, but who knows what future brings. Felicity was cute as a baby, now not so much. The tables turn

I think some of the most stunning adults were awkward children, Angelina Jolie for one. As Ivy ages, she’s going to grow into those big, gorgeous eyes, just as Sammy has grown into his nose.  

• Love 12

Jessa posted a video of the family going to brunch in her IG story. Their car is filthy. Not messy with stuff, just dirty.

The last part of the video is the family in some parking lot getting ready for a family bike ride. Jessa shows one bike and a bike carrier and says they have two. Then she starts pitching the earbuds again. Jessa shares how her and Ben listen to the same books and then discuss them later.

I guess a family bike ride includes ignoring each other as you listen to audio books. Not to mention hampering your hearing as you drag your kids behind you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Maybe I'm being extra critical, but it seems like Henry might need a little extra attention to meet some milestones and Jessa is focusing more on Ivy and Spurge. I don't think they even gave him utensils at the restaurant and he's three.  What I find a little odd too is, with kids it seems if they are exceeding at say, verbal development they may be a be a tad behind with motor skills or vice versa. Henry seems to be lagging in both.

He might just be one of those kids who lags and then BAM, he catches right up. But he also may need a little extra support.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

seriously don't the howlers do car detailing for the car lots??

can't remember which were shown involved with that - Joy, jeer, jed, justin...?

surely jackson and tyler would be running that by now

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe I'm being extra critical, but it seems like Henry might need a little extra attention to meet some milestones and Jessa is focusing more on Ivy and Spurge. I don't think they even gave him utensils at the restaurant and he's three.  What I find a little odd too is, with kids it seems if they are exceeding at say, verbal development they may be a be a tad behind with motor skills or vice versa. Henry seems to be lagging in both.

He might just be one of those kids who lags and then BAM, he catches right up. But he also may need a little extra support.

I think Henry could use some speech therapy, for sure.  I rarely understand anything that he says, but he sure is a handsome little guy.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I guess all the social distancing they pretended to do is over. Never mind those rising numbers.

For real. Washington County, where they live, now has the highest number of cases of any county in Arkansas. Like, the health department had to redo their color-coded map this week to account for Washington county being the first county to go over 2,000 cases. Fayetteville tried to pass a mask ordinance, which was shot down by the governor. But these idiots just carry on like normal. 

Edited by Zella
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa posted a video of the family going to brunch in her IG story.

I watched it. They couldn't take a minute to cut the pancake into bite sized pieces for Henry and Ivy? I don't even want to think about Ivy eating directly off the table. And why was Spurge the only one with a mask?

I don't have kids myself but I spent a lot of time with my niece and nephew when they were little. I always made sure their food was in bite sized pieces whether we were eating out or at home.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, scriggle said:

I don't have kids myself but I spent a lot of time with my niece and nephew when they were little. I always made sure their food was in bite sized pieces whether we were eating out or at home.

On the bright side, if Jessa had ever thought of doing this, she would've posted a 25-minute video teaching her brilliant new idea to others on social media. So the world has been spared that, at least. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Has Jessa posted any more about taking Henry to be evaluated for speech?  I only saw one time that she mentioned it.  There has been no follow-up on his progress.

I doubt they ever followed up with Henry's speech therapy. He does seem delayed for a 3 year old.

• Love 2

Their living room is on the small side. Why would they put a giant tree in there? And it looks like the have one of those mid-century modern, hard resin, rocking chairs in there too.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Their living room is on the small side. Why would they put a giant tree in there? And it looks like the have one of those mid-century modern, hard resin, rocking chairs in there too.

Apparently rubber trees are trendy in 2020. Or so I'm told. 

And you know the Duggars. They simultaneously absolutely abhor trends because Jesus and take as their motto, "Let us be trendy or die." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

and shown several times in the living room a Little Tykes plastic slide. wonder if the boys finally get to use that outside

• Love 3

I feel like Jessa prefers Spurge and Ivy over Henry.

I also wonder if there is some tension going on with Ben. I don't know if it's with Jessa, or with JB, or both, but Jessa's tributes to her father and her children's father were quite different from one another and that's pretty telling.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like Jessa prefers Spurge and Ivy over Henry.

I also wonder if there is some tension going on with Ben. I don't know if it's with Jessa, or with JB, or both, but Jessa's tributes to her father and her children's father were quite different from one another and that's pretty telling.

I assume it’s because JB pays the bills. She has to stay on his good side.

• Love 13

I think all the reasons previously mentioned for Jessa doing an hour tribute to JB are correct. First and foremost because of Jessa's continuous need to defend her upbringing, second for the YouTube hits/money, to balance out Derick's story and to stay in good graces with JB.

• Love 12
(edited)
22 hours ago, Zella said:

I snorted Gatorade out of my nose on Ben's mention of JB's generosity, hospitality, and care for others. 🤣

What? You don't take the prior testimony of Jer that JB's the greatest good Samaritan in the state of Arkansas as proof that Bin's bullshit suckup compliment  totally accurate and unbiased factual description is on the money? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What? You don't take the prior testimony of Jer that JB's the greatest good Samaritan in the state of Arkansas as proof that Bin's bullshit suckup compliment  totally accurate and unbiased factual description is on the money? 

He's obviously underselling JB according to Jeremy with the "fountain of goodness and love" horseshit. LOL Try to keep up in the suckup sweepstakes, Benny! 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

He's obviously underselling JB according to Jeremy with the "fountain of goodness and love" horseshit. LOL Try to keep up in the suckup sweepstakes, Benny! 

I'm sure he's hearing this from Jessa. How will they ever score a bigger house if he fawns over JB so unconvincingly? 

Jer, though, is, as we know, a world-class suckup who can score free years in luxury housing by his sucking. He even knows that a truly effective suckup needs to keep topping last year's compliment with this year's compliment. So it's probably unfair to expect poor Bin to execute a toadying routine of that quality. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm sure he's hearing this from Jessa. How will they ever score a bigger house if he fawns over JB so unconvincingly? 

Jer, though, is, as we know, a world-class suckup. He even knows that a truly effective suckup needs to keep topping last year's compliment with this year's compliment. So it's probably unfair to expect Bin to execute a toadying routine of that quality. 

Yeah one thing I will say for JB--I expect his poor kids to do this because they were raised to bow down before him and don't know any better (until they get disowned), but it's weirdly impressive he can get this sort of groveling out of the in-laws too. 

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah one thing I will say for JB--I expect his poor kids to do this because they were raised to bow down before him and don't know any better (until they get disowned), but it's weirdly impressive he can get this sort of groveling out of the in-laws too. 

Exactly.....Although I guess what it proves is that JB makes quite plain to everyone, one way or another, that this level of groveling is required.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5