Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Considering that  Ben hasn't lived near his family since before he married, and that when he did live at home, he was was so deep in the kool aid that he actively pursued the Duggars, I'm going to guess he's not close to siblings in no small part because he was an utter pain in the ass to live with. He was the Jill of the family--they love him because he's their brother but they all breathed a sigh of relief when he left home. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Sometimes I think Bin and Jessa will be able to keep their family to a reasonable size because Jessa is sort of her own birth control.

They’re still my choice to be the most likely to be divorced in 10 years.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa referred to her kids asking to go to Grannies, what happened to “Lolli”?

Didn't lead to viral shares, floods of comments, stories in tabs, copycat behavior or prolonged Internet buzz. 

So it's out. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet Jessa will be incubated with blessing no. 4 by the end of the year. 

I think she's already pregnant and I think blessing no. 4 will be born by the end of year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, madpsych78 said:

Jessa...could that outfit BE any less coordinated??? Mustard cardigan with light pink sweats!

Okay, I'm going to maybe, possibly, give Jessa an out here:  or actually I'm giving myself an "out".  I'm sitting at home comfy in my grey tshirt and pink pants. Hubby decides hey, let's take the kiddos outside! So i just grab whatever sweater is hanging on the hook and slip on the sandals, not expecting to take a picture and post it 10 minutes later. 🙋‍♀️

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, LynneH said:

Okay, I'm going to maybe, possibly, give Jessa an out here:  or actually I'm giving myself an "out".  I'm sitting at home comfy in my grey tshirt and pink pants. Hubby decides hey, let's take the kiddos outside! So i just grab whatever sweater is hanging on the hook and slip on the sandals, not expecting to take a picture and post it 10 minutes later. 🙋‍♀️

Yes, but you didn’t then post the picture on SM for millions of complete strangers.

• Love 12

And was there really that much sharing of utensils going on? Spurgeon had his own bowl/ spoon. Ben was eating from his own bowl while kind of holding onto Henry, but Jessa mentions getting Henry a bowl once he's woken up, and Ben even pushes his own bowl a little away from Henry at one point. Jessa is presumably feeding Ivy from her (Jessa's) bowl (and with her adult-sized spoon...), though we don't actually see Jessa eating. And if Jessa is presumably still breast-feeding Ivy, if one got sick, likely the other would, regardless of utensil sharing...

• Love 3

Just like when a household member has a cold, most try and limit exposure to that person's germs. I doubt Jessa would let Ivy eat from her spoon if Ivy was sick. If Jessa and/or Ben (and the kids) have left the home in the past 14 days anyone of them could potentially have COVID. I wouldn't being sharing food with my children, I would be washing my hands and my children's hands often and I would be wiping down surfaces.

This isn't a virus to be careless with, whether you're young or old. We are taking serious precautions in our house to avoid possibly infecting each other, or anyone else when we have to leave the home.

• Love 8

“This bold green changing table with its gold bar pulls is a statement piece in our minimalist household.”

I started smirking at “statement piece” and flat-out guffawed at “minimalist household.”

Honey, we’ve seen the piles of used diapers. Nice try.

P.S. Is she pregnant again or is it just that  the muffin top has expanded to a whole loaf?

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

Since they are champion breeders, why doesn't this family invest in some proper baby sized utensils? That adult size tablespoon made of metal is not something Ivy should be eating out of. It's way too large for her little mouth. Stupid people...Jessa is just like her mother in this respect..oh, I noticed Spurgeon's sippy cup had his name on it with black magic marker...just like Michelle did, or rather Jana.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yep. Gotta stay relevant somehow. 

“ I wanted to get a bigger house while the getting was still good!” -Jessa

Never mind how she will pay for upkeep on a big house given a recession/depression. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Never mind how she will pay for upkeep on a big house given a recession/depression. 

Maybe her brother in law Austin can flip another $10 purchase from JB and Michelle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jessa bought a bigger house?

• Love 4
On 3/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how nursing works for Jessa. Is Ivy always draped in some type of cover because Spurge and Henry are boys? 

Does Michelle still have he My Breast Friend cover? She's not using it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Jessa bought a bigger house?

No, she didn't. Yet. 

Even if she's not pregnant, she needs a bigger house. Her house is too small for the family she has. Jessa should have been able to move if she wants to, but seems stubborn about staying in the mold house. She mentioned in the birth video that there currents house "is close to several? hospitals" so that may be a reason to stay.  

I think Jessa may be pregnant again, although she didn't seem pregnant in the recapping her births video. I don't think she needs to be pregnant again to get a new house. I also don't think she needs huge house, but the mold house is smaller than the average house at least where I grew up. 

• Love 4

Her claim about the several hospitals is kind of evasive. Anywhere she lived in Fayetteville wouldn't be all that far from multiple hospitals. Ditto for if she lived in one of the other NWA cities, like bentonville or Rogers or the dreaded springdale. I think she is just repeating that mantra because she thinks it sounds good--not because it's true. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Does Michelle still have he My Breast Friend cover? She's not using it.

Michelle would never part with it. She still hasn't given up hope that she'll need it again someday.

• LOL 23
On 3/27/2020 at 10:33 PM, Madtown said:

I know kids love to play with water but seeing Ivy splashing around in the water & then slurping her hands in her mouth is really grossing me out, especially now. 

• Love 5

I re-watched that water play video of Jessa's. I noticed that 'black stuff' from standing water over time in the toy. Jessa never cleans that either. I agree that Ivy should not be putting her fingers in her mouth after splashing her hands in it. Jessa is just a pig, and a lazy one at that, really.

• Love 15
On 3/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, floridamom said:

I re-watched that water play video of Jessa's. I noticed that 'black stuff' from standing water over time in the toy. Jessa never cleans that either. I agree that Ivy should not be putting her fingers in her mouth after splashing her hands in it. Jessa is just a pig, and a lazy one at that, really.

It would be one thing if she cleaned the water table (just a little vinegar would have been fine) and then filled it with FRESH water for the kids to play in, but when have the Duggars ever cleaned anything?

I am not a germaphobe or the world’s best housekeeper but vinegar, baking soda and water will handle most things, cheap, easy and safe for kids. 

• Love 12