Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeez, would it kill her to tie her hair up? It kept getting in the way while she was sanding.

It’s her “crowning glory,” Jessa pimps the brand no matter the discomfort or safety hazards.

• LOL 7

I noticed the pants too! She’s definitely wearing sweatpants in that “how to paint a changing table” video and I say good for her. Enough with the only dresses or skirts rule, especially when she’s home with the kids. She doesn’t need to be “modest” around her husband or small children, so I don’t see why the dress rule should apply at home even under the Duggar standards. I know Michelle clings to that one Bible verse about women not wearing men’s clothing but that verse was written when men and women wore robes for the most part, so it never did make much sense. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Sounds like those one of those scenes in a movie where a mobster is getting ready to whack somebody, and they lay a bunch of plastic down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My thoughts went to Dexter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

My thoughts went to Dexter.

I never watched Dexter. I only know about the finale. I've watched, um, an embarrassing number of mob movies. 🤣

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never watched Dexter. I only know about the finale. I've watched, um, an embarrassing number of mob movies. 🤣

FYI he is not a mobster, he is a relatively ethical serial killer who only kills people who deserve it. He uses a kill room, which is basically a room covered in plastic to contain all the blood. He pretty much maintained a good ethical code and his kills, hence he is out of Jess’s league.  She should take notes on how to contain blood from him though. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

FYI he is not a mobster, he is a relatively ethical serial killer who only kills people who deserve it. He uses a kill room, which is basically a room covered in plastic to contain all the blood. He pretty much maintained a good ethical code and his kills, hence he is out of Jess’s league.  She should take notes on how to contain blood from him though. 

Yeah, I know the basic premise of the show, despite not watching. I was just clarifying why I don't associate him with plastic wrap and why my mind took a different turn to organized crime. I realize in retrospect now, my original post was super vague though. LOL Sorry about that! 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah, I know the basic premise of the show, despite not watching. I was just clarifying why I don't associate him with plastic wrap and why my mind took a different turn to organized crime. I realize in retrospect now, my original post was super vague though. LOL Sorry about that! 🙂 

No worries.  Kind of odd that all our thoughts converge on sociopathy and Jessa!

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, Fallacy said:

I noticed the pants too! She’s definitely wearing sweatpants in that “how to paint a changing table” video and I say good for her. Enough with the only dresses or skirts rule, especially when she’s home with the kids. She doesn’t need to be “modest” around her husband or small children, so I don’t see why the dress rule should apply at home even under the Duggar standards. I know Michelle clings to that one Bible verse about women not wearing men’s clothing but that verse was written when men and women wore robes for the most part, so it never did make much sense. 

It didn't make sense to me either - until Joshgate. And then - it all made sense. Michelle and JB were protecting their pervert son against being tempted by any of his sisters. 

Yes, I said it that way. I COULD have said, Michelle and JB were protecting their daughters from being sexually assaulted by their oldest brother. But because they believe that men sin because women (and girls) tempt them with immodest dress - they put the responsibility on the daughters. To prevent their brother from being tempted into sin.

I've posted this somewhere before but it bears repeating. There was a very short scene in one of the 19K&C wedding episodes where the family was dressed up for the wedding, little kids and all. After the ceremony, a bunch of little kids were running around playing outdoors while Michelle sat nearby with some other adults. Michelle noticed that little Josie's jacket had slipped down off her shoulders and got REALLY seriously stern about it. She grabbed Josie and pulled the jacket back into place so that Josie's shoulder was no longer exposed, and I remember being struck by how upset Michelle was about that. I mean, Josie was IIRC no more than 4 or 5 years old, and the only thing showing was a shoulder. After Joshgate, I got why Michelle was so freaked out. 

They are sick sick fuckers. But they continue to prosper and rule their little kingdom. It's the way of the world I suppose.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

It didn't make sense to me either - until Joshgate. And then - it all made sense. Michelle and JB were protecting their pervert son against being tempted by any of his sisters. 

Yes, I said it that way. I COULD have said, Michelle and JB were protecting their daughters from being sexually assaulted by their oldest brother. But because they believe that men sin because women (and girls) tempt them with immodest dress - they put the responsibility on the daughters. To prevent their brother from being tempted into sin.

I've posted this somewhere before but it bears repeating. There was a very short scene in one of the 19K&C wedding episodes where the family was dressed up for the wedding, little kids and all. After the ceremony, a bunch of little kids were running around playing outdoors while Michelle sat nearby with some other adults. Michelle noticed that little Josie's jacket had slipped down off her shoulders and got REALLY seriously stern about it. She grabbed Josie and pulled the jacket back into place so that Josie's shoulder was no longer exposed, and I remember being struck by how upset Michelle was about that. I mean, Josie was IIRC no more than 4 or 5 years old, and the only thing showing was a shoulder. After Joshgate, I got why Michelle was so freaked out. 

They are sick sick fuckers. But they continue to prosper and rule their little kingdom. It's the way of the world I suppose.

I very much remember the scene you’re referring to with Josie and MEchelle.  It made such an impression on me that I’ve talked about it several times on this forum.  It’s one of the most fucked up things I’ve ever seen on this show.  You’re right; they are sick, twisted psychos.

• Love 14

I remember the scene as well. Michelle is the biggest drinker of the kool aid and has been spouting it so long, it becomes muscle memory. She could not get that little top back over Josie's shoulder quick enough.

Much like my arm swings over the passenger in my car when I come to a quick stop. Both instinctive and useless.

• Love 19

Jessa was in a recent episode of Say Yes to the Dress - in which Jessica Seewald is the bride. AND Jessa is wearing PANTS at the bridal shop! (Was this already discussed?)

You can watch the clip on TLC’s Facebook page.

A2855439-8E51-45CE-97DF-F82CB08D694B.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gweilo said:

I wonder if it was just leggings under a floral dress, perhaps?

Her hair is just waaay too long.

You’re right. I just saw more of the episode and Jessa is wearing a long floral maternity dress over leggings 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jessa was in a recent episode of Say Yes to the Dress - in which Jessica Seewald is the bride. AND Jessa is wearing PANTS at the bridal shop! (Was this already discussed?)

You can watch the clip on TLC’s Facebook page.

A2855439-8E51-45CE-97DF-F82CB08D694B.png

The episode airs tonight at 8.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Isn't this also the episode where Jessa just sat there side-eyeing him the entire time?

She was pretty uncomfortable, totally out of her element for the vast majority of the episode. But yeah, his rapping made her first side eye, then laugh her ass off.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She was pretty uncomfortable, totally out of her element for the vast majority of the episode. But yeah, his rapping made her first side eye, then laugh her ass off.

This might be one of the only moments where I feel in solidarity with Jessa. 🤣

• LOL 7

I'm watching that SYTTD and Jessa is low key except for her denigrating laugh about how revealing the dress is. Along with that nightmare of future mother-in-law of  Jessica, lordy, hope she stepped back since they got married.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The episode airs tonight at 8.

I’m watching this now. I really like Jessica, “I think we just have different convictions about what women should wear.”

But man, her MIL is just a big pill. For someone who is straying from her fundie upbringing, she’s definitely marrying into a very conservative family. Hopefully she and her new husband can continue to build their life on their own, as they want it to be.

• Love 6

Watching SYTTD. I love the show but have never understood why brides bring an entourage that doesn’t share their vision of the dress, wedding, life etc. The negative entourage Jessica brought with her was so bad. Way to suck the joy and excitement out of the bridal appointment. Leave the crappy people who don’t share your vision at home. You don’t need them. Jessa totally sucked the fun out of that appointment. This is not a Duggar wedding. I just don’t get it.  

Rant over. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Namaste said:

Watching SYTTD. I love the show but have never understood why brides bring an entourage that doesn’t share their vision of the dress, wedding, life etc. The negative entourage Jessica brought with her was so bad. Way to suck the joy and excitement out of the bridal appointment. Leave the crappy people who don’t share your vision at home. You don’t need them. Jessa totally sucked the fun out of that appointment. This is not a Duggar wedding. I just don’t get it.  

Rant over. 

don't watch this. So maybe this is crazy, but I would think it's just like most of the rest of the reality shows.....They would tell you to bring people who disagree with you.....

And then they'd carefully tell everyone in your retinue to think of all their objections and all the things that annoy them about wedding dresses and the bride-to-be and the whole situation and harp on those things on camera in the harpiest way possible. In other words, "Okay, friends and family, now remember -- Be on your absolute worst behavior! Ready to do that? Great! Bitchy bitchy bitchy bitchy. We're rolling tape in 5...4....3....2......."

These shows want drama. If they started showing too many people who were congenial and reasonable and having a good time, audiences would evaporate in short order, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think it's a safe bet that the only reason Jessica got on SYTTD was because of Jessa. 

Especially given the time frame. She had a four month engagement, and went to the bridal shop just 3 months out. Most of the brides on these shows give about a year of lead time. I'm only 25 minutes in, but I imagine that Jessica had to buy off the rack.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Especially given the time frame. She had a four month engagement, and went to the bridal shop just 3 months out. Most of the bride's on these shows give about a year of lead time. I'm only 25 minutes in, but I imagine that Jessica had to buy off the rack.

I'm watching it now, and so far Jessa really is just set dressing. Other that the TH about her own wedding dress shopping and the "it's a bit low" comment, she really hasn't said anything. I don't know whether that's because she doesn't want to be too negative on camera or her typical discomfort around anyone she's not blood related to, but she clearly has no interest in being there and would be if she didn't have to for her SIL/TLC. The fact they referred to her as Jessa Duggar Seewald when she never uses her maiden name just clinches it. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm watching it now, and so far Jessa really is just set dressing. . . .  she clearly has no interest in being there and would be if she didn't have to for her SIL/TLC. The fact they referred to her as Jessa Duggar Seewald when she never uses her maiden name just clinches it. 

I doubt she would have gone on the show just for her SIL. I believe she did it only because TLC wanted it and arranged it. She wants TLC to keep her show on the air.

• Love 13

I love the dress Jessica ended up getting, but her MIL drove me crazy with her judgmental attitude.  I realize it was for all conservative taste drama, but give it a break. It's not your dress, you aren't paying for it, so Jessica can pick the dress SHE wants.  How was it she described that last dress: boobalicous or some phrase like that. It made me laugh because I'm sure none of the Duggars (other than Josh) would ever think of a phrase like that.   I think it was at least edited to keep Jessa more quiet (I'm sure at the actual appointment she was a lot more vocal).  Then at the wedding Jessa did have to mention she was -- what 3 weeks away from giving birth, but was still going to be in the wedding party.  I just looked it up, the wedding was May 18 and Ivy was born on May 26. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 5

Jessa is morphing into Jill.  She looks so much like her in that still shot and in the video clip.  

That's it, her days as the "hot" one are over.  She's just a token now, and nobody is really interested in her. 

• Love 8

Why didn't Jessica have her mother with her to shop for a wedding dress? If her own mother wasn't there, why did she need Jessa there? The girl has sisters of her own. No need to drag continually pregnant Jessa to Atlanta. This reeks of a planned TV show, not really shopping for a wedding gown.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why didn't Jessica have her mother with her to shop for a wedding dress? If her own mother wasn't there, why did she need Jessa there? The girl has sisters of her own. No need to drag continually pregnant Jessa to Atlanta. This reeks of a planned TV show, not really shopping for a wedding gown.

Oh, absolutely. It was a TLC made-for-TV event, 101%. I assume Jessica got a free dress out of it. Jessa got face time in front of the TV cameras, for which she would - and did- trek to Atlanta and interact with non-Duggars. TLC got some crossover footage for the aging SYTTD franchise. 

Guinn Seewald (Jessica's mom) went all in and appeared on 19K&C when Ben was engaged to Jessa. I wonder if she's now OVER the made-for-TV experiences, and refused to take part in the faux "dress shopping" thing. I wonder if she regrets that she and her husband made it possible for Ben to meet the Duggars and pursue the hot Duggar daughter of his adolescent wet dreams, oh sorry, I mean prayers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Neither Jessa nor Ben follow Jessica on social media. Give Jessa some $$$ and TV time and she can pretend to be close to her SIL.  Older generations might not think it’s a big deal (I’m including myself), but for their age and Jessa’s visibility, that’s a huge snub to Jessica. Other Duggars follow her and Jessica follows them but Jessa righteously expresses her milenial disapproval. So many modesty rules but will whore herself out for a paycheck. 

Edited by Mojitogirl
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jessica said her mother had to work.  I presume what she meant was TLC's shooting schedule was set in stone and Gwinn didn't want to play along.  And/or, TLC was willing to fly Jessica and Jessa to Atlanta for filming but everyone else had to pay their own way and her mom either didn't want to or couldn't afford the cost.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Her entire entourage was judgemental conservative women led by the mother-in-law. None of her sisters were there, but maybe they had to work too.  Jessica did facetime Guinn and this was filmed. 

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jessica said her mother had to work.  I presume what she meant was TLC's shooting schedule was set in stone and Gwinn didn't want to play along.  And/or, TLC was willing to fly Jessica and Jessa to Atlanta for filming but everyone else had to pay their own way and her mom either didn't want to or couldn't afford the cost.

She had a group of about 4 people including her mother-in-law and several of the other bridesmaid including her husband's sister. I don't think any of them live in Atlanta. I think her maid-of-honor is a friend. This would be looked down by many of the fundies I know, because fundies are suppose to ask sisters to be a maid of honor (assuming they have sisters.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Neither Jessa nor Ben follow Jessica on social media. Give Jessa some $$$ and TV time and she can pretend to be close to her SIL.  Older generations might not think it’s a big deal (I’m including myself), but for their age and Jessa’s visibility, that’s a huge snub to Jessica. Other Duggars follow her and Jessica follows them but Jessa righteously expresses her milenial disapproval. So many modesty rules but will whore herself out for a paycheck. 

I don;t think Jessa is comfortable around Ben's sisters. They wear what they want to wear and have careers. She's only comfortable being the queen bee around people who live exactly like her and want to be her. She might be the most emotionally limited Duggar. I think Joy is just as fundie but shows more empathy than Jessa.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

4 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I don;t think Jessa is comfortable around Ben's sisters. They wear what they want to wear and have careers. She's only comfortable being the queen bee around people who live exactly like her and want to be her. She might be the most emotionally limited Duggar. I think Joy is just as fundie but shows more empathy than Jessa.

I'm not taking "sides" because in the end they likely both suck, but I get the impression that any dislike or disapproval between Jessa and her SILs is mutual. In the past Jessica would be pretty obvious in her mockery of the Duggars on social media (which was awesome), and was it her or another one that leaked the news of Spurgeon's birth? And I remember shortly after the scandals became public, she and Ben and baby Spurgeon were spending a holiday with the Seewalds, and one of the extended family members commented somewhere that Ben had sent instructions ahead of time that no one was to ask Jessa questions about the scandal or her family, which, maybe it's just me, but the fact that Ben felt the need to do that says some not so great things about his family. So it seems to me that Jessa dislikes her in laws for pretty legit reasons that include loose lips and publicly throwing shade, and her SILs dislike her because she likely has a stick up her ass any time she's in their presence. And that Jessica wanted to be on SYTTD so much that was willing to have the SIL she dislikes there (and not have her mother there), makes her as fame hungry as Jessa.

• Useful 8
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I'm not taking "sides" because in the end they likely both suck, but I get the impression that any dislike or disapproval between Jessa and her SILs is mutual. In the past Jessica would be pretty obvious in her mockery of the Duggars on social media (which was awesome), and was it her or another one that leaked the news of Spurgeon's birth? And I remember shortly after the scandals became public, she and Ben and baby Spurgeon were spending a holiday with the Seewalds, and one of the extended family members commented somewhere that Ben had sent instructions ahead of time that no one was to ask Jessa questions about the scandal or her family, which, maybe it's just me, but the fact that Ben felt the need to do that says some not so great things about his family. So it seems to me that Jessa dislikes her in laws for pretty legit reasons that include loose lips and publicly throwing shade, and her SILs dislike her because she likely has a stick up her ass any time she's in their presence. And that Jessica wanted to be on SYTTD so much that was willing to have the SIL she dislikes there (and not have her mother there), makes her as fame hungry as Jessa.

No excuse for Bin not following his own sister though.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jessa probably won't let him. Jessica might post pictures of her friends with more than their neck and feet showing. Jessa can't have that.

• LOL 16
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Eh, I mean, who knows what kind of relationship they have. I'd like to imagine that Jessica mocked him to his face about his wannabe instagram preacher days and he's been salty about it ever since. 

• LOL 14

I agree it's likely mutual disdain. I don't get the sense any of the Seewald girls are pining for a friendship with Jessa, nor is she going out of her way to spend time with them. 

As for Bin, I think he's deeply resentful he pissed his future away for Jessa, and Jessica and her husband represent everything he doesn't have (careers, income, benefits, freedom, independence, etc.). He probably disagrees with his sister's lifestyle, but there's a jealousy aspect as well. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13