Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ivy’s features are just so big and adult-like right now it’s disconcerting. I’m positive she’ll grow into them and be a beautiful child, but right now as a baby, miniature female Ben freaks me out. 

Ivy reminds me of that creepy CGI baby from the Twilight movies.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

These are informal notes from Jessa's birth videos. 

I don't think Jessa is particularly mean or arrogant in this video, but she is foolish.

Her "birth team"  she keeps mentioning never appeared on camera. 

She also mentions that Jordyn was born via c-section, but I thought Josie was only c-section during the TLC years.

Jessa and Ben used to have this quote by Charles Spurgeon on their walls. "If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our dead bodies. " Because that's a cheerful thought to see all the time. People will say it's all Jessa, but it sounds like Ben to me too. 

She was skyping with Jill during her birth with Spurgeon. She made it sound like Jill was there at one point.

She really downplays the hemorrhaging especially with Spurgeon. She almost died. 

With Henry, Jill let Jessa borrow her doppler, so Jessa and Ben were using the doppler to monitor the baby's heartbeat.  Jessa's midwife was communicating with them by text. A actual doctor whose patient is their selves or their spouse is fool for a patient. 

She downplayed the hemorrhaging again.

Jessa should not be giving birth at home after two hemorrhages. It is very possible that she could hemorrhage again. She claims the mold house is "like five minutes from two different hospitals".  I don't know if that's true, but it might explain her reluctance to invest her TLC money in a new bigger house, which she needs. She probably won't give birth in a hospital and will keep getting haphazard prenatal care.  She claims to have gotten better care from the midwife, who was out of town with Ivy. Hopefully for her sake, she will decide to give birth in a hospital and with better care. 

• Love 16

She claims that she saw a CNM for Ivy. Wouldn't another one been on call to cover her vacation? Jessa should never have given birth at home. She had better options that she turned her nose up at. Why? Pride? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She claims that she saw a CNM for Ivy. Wouldn't another one been on call to cover her vacation? Jessa should never given birth at home. She had better options that she turned her nose up at. Why? Pride? 

I actually think it's fear. Jessa seems really scared of hospitals. It could be just something about her, but I would put money on it that the cult she grew up in taught to fear the outside world including medical professionals, hospitals, etc. Cults either teach people to distrust everything outside the cult, or they attract people whose natural instincts are to distrust doctors, etc. and pass their fears to other members. 

• Love 10

But she said she went to the hospital for her appointments with the CNM. Would she have chickened out of a hospital birth if the CNM was in town?

Edited by Sew Sumi
A night of typos!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But she said she went to the hospital for her appointments with the CNM. Would she have chickened out of a hospital birth of the CNM was in town?

Good point! The appointments were for a shorter time span. Also Jessa seems to particularly fear giving birth in a hospital for some reason. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I hope that transfusion was from a lesbian.

Yeeeesss. A pants wearing, promiscuous, short-haired, unfeminine and heathen lesbian, who is an outspoken powerful CEO & loves modern ungodly music preferably! 

Thinking a bit of that blood may now run in a Duggar’s veins makes me irrationally happy 😆 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

I actually think it's fear. Jessa seems really scared of hospitals. It could be just something about her,

She’s probably like her father, afraid of a situation she can’t control, looks dumb / vulnerable in, and can’t smirkily bitch her way out of. 

10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Thinking a bit of that blood may now run in a Duggar’s veins makes me irrationally happy

Even better, maybe just blood from any man. Surprise, you’re trans! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jackson, Jordyn, and Josie were all born by C-Section during the TLC years

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I’m surprised they just didn’t fall out of Michelle...

Wow so 19 kids, at least 3 of those were c-sections and 2 sets of twins...I’m genuinely surprised her uterus didn’t rupture and explode by the time Josie came (Or did it? 🤔 Didn’t watch back then and obviously Josie was the last)

I hope all of the kids don’t plan to emulate Michelle. These selfish Duggar super-breeders, need to wake up to the changing environment they’re in now and stop overpopulating an already overburdened planet that has finite resources, with their umpteen kids. Sorry if harsh JMO. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Wow so 19 kids, at least 3 of those were c-sections and 2 sets of twins...I’m genuinely surprised her uterus didn’t rupture and explode by the time Josie came (Or did it? 🤔 Didn’t watch back then and obviously Josie was the last)

dont forget Jubilee, born after josie

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, zoomama said:

dont forget Jubilee, born after josie

Ok right I had forgotten there was another after Josie who passed, (Only starting watching at ‘Counting On’ so missed the whole ‘19 kids & counting’ era) Thanks 😊 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

Ivy has looked like a potato since the day she was born.  And still does.  

Henry looked like a potato as well (or Winston Churchill, but that's rather the same thing, visually). He got pretty cute eventually, and I think Ivy will, too.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Henry looked like a potato as well (or Winston Churchill, but that's rather the same thing, visually). He got pretty cute eventually, and I think Ivy will, too.

I think this too. Also think that random babies are usually cute enough to other folks but our own babies are spectacular to us. Maybe because we see ourselves or our children in them. My grandchildren are spectacular to me but other people might think they are just average looking kids. They aren’t by the way - highly above average!! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

I rarely comment on a baby's appearance, except to say "cute" or something like that. I'm not comfortable with the idea of snarking on a baby's physical looks, even if I loathe the parents. BTW, I'm fine with snarking on a parent's fashion choices for their kids. 

@lookeyloo is spot on, IMO. "Our" babies are fabulous, to us, no matter what they look like to others. 

• Love 17
16 hours ago, leighdear said:

Ivy has looked like a potato since the day she was born.  And still does.  

I always thought that Henry was an ugly baby, but he’s now an adorable little boy, so there’s still hope for Ivy.

• Love 9
On 2/21/2020 at 8:50 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Spurgeon seems to understand the concept of God.

And there we have it: Confirmation that Spurgeon is, in fact, Klingon. Kerplagh!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Not only was she wearing pink pants, she CHOSE to not edit that quick glimpse out. She wanted people to know about the pants, but wasn't ready to all out flaunt them. It was a pretty cute outfit compared to her usual shapeless dresses and big cardigans.

• Love 5

I honestly wasn't sure it was pants, but it looks like pants to me. 

I'm rewatching parts of it again to see the possible pants. New insight into the whole hospital/homebirth with Ivy.  Ben's the one who said this time let's do a hospital birth. This suddenly makes sense to me. Ben the germophobe is tired of Jessa giving birth at home. Ben is still nervous after Spurgeon's birth, where Jessa hemorrhaged and needed a blood transfusion. Ben was nervous about trying to do medicine at home like when he and Jessa monitored Henry's heartbeat with Jill's doppler at the beginning of her labor. Ben is smart and his parents are slightly less culty than the Duggars. (The Seewalds are still into marrying off teenagers, but they always seemed less extreme than the Duggars.) 

Ben is technically the headship and he was trying to get Jessa to have a hospital birth. That's why she chose a nurse/midwife in the hospital, even though she doesn't like hospitals and spent more time talking about being uncomfortable about it. It's also telling to me she picked a nurse/midwife and not a doctor. I think I was right doctors, hospitals, etc. make her nervous and uncomfortable. If it was up to her, they would have been doing the same thing they did the last two times. The headship tried to talk her into something different and it really made her uncomfortable. She was just comfortable enough to tolerate when her midwife was there, but when the midwife was out of town, it was too much.  That's a real phobia and something a therapist might be able to help with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don’t think Bin is smart,  but smarter than most of the Duggars. And I won’t watch Jessa videos, but many on Reddit think she was just wearing a skirt tucked between her legs.

It definitely could be a skirt. It was a split second shot from the side.

I think Ben's choice of a hospital birth is based more on fear than any sign of great intelligence. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Ben's choice of a hospital birth is based more on fear than any sign of great intelligence. 

I’ll take fear if it means safe births. Let’s face it, those two idiots will keep having babies until Jessa ends up like Michelle, or a tragic incident stops the baby train. Anything to remain relevant and using any life saving measures to help their dying brand.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 10
On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, Sew Sumi said:

She claims that she saw a CNM for Ivy. Wouldn't another one been on call to cover her vacation? Jessa should never have given birth at home. She had better options that she turned her nose up at. Why? Pride? 

It's really a homebirther thing more than anything. A few years ago I fell down the rabbit hole of online homebirth communities, and the giving birth at home at all costs is pretty typical. Anything else is a failure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It definitely could be a skirt. It was a split second shot from the side.

Fear can be a sign of intelligence, especially if the fears are valid and rational. Ben's afraid of Jessa hemorrhaging, of her needing more help/aid/care than can be given at home, etc. His fears and concerns are valid and rational. 

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Fear can be a sign of intelligence, especially if the fears are valid and rational. Ben's afraid of Jessa hemorrhaging, of her needing more help/aid/care than can be given at home, etc. His fears and concerns are valid and rational. 

Maybe Bin doesn’t want the sofa messed up again. Let that mess happen at the hospital. 🤷‍♀️ 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I imagine Ben squirming in the corner during that last two labors thinking he's "the man in charge" while wrestling with the fact that he can't do anything but call an ambulance if needed.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I imagine Ben squirming in the corner during that last two labors thinking he's "the man in charge" while wrestling with the fact that he can't do anything but call an ambulance if needed.

Of course, that is the most important thing! .... Especially since it's been needed in 2 out of 3 instances....

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think Ben's fear is that by marrying an idiot, he's stuck in her cycle of insisting on home-style, easy-to-botch births and is going to eventually leave him the sole parent of a brood he can't support.  

And yes, very valid and rational fears.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And he can’t even do that because Michelle has to get on the line.

Father.....issss...peeing....

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Namaste said:

Maybe Bin doesn’t want the sofa messed up again. Let that mess happen at the hospital. 🤷‍♀️ 

Plus those Chux pads can only absorb so much.  I think Jessa mentioned them in the video as in the sofa would be fine since they put down Chux pads.  I don't even think they put heavy bath towels down first.  That would have helped some.  

I remember for one of Mechelle's home births (probably the first one)she said Jim Bob put down enough plastic tarps that they went from the bed,  across  the floor out to the hall.  That may be extreme but I'm with home - better safe than sorry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I remember for one of Mechelle's home births (probably the first one)she said Jim Bob put down enough plastic tarps that they went from the bed,  across  the floor out to the hall.  

Sounds like those one of those scenes in a movie where a mobster is getting ready to whack somebody, and they lay a bunch of plastic down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

New video (link in bio) 

Jessa is wearing pink lightweight sweats in this DIY video.  You can definitely tell they are pants  in the part where she is painting the drawers. Looks like the ones she wore in the Birthing video.