Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Where do you click on 'my bio' to watch this video? I don't know what that is. Can someone post the video here? I'd like to bite the bullet and watch it. Thanks.

The most recent “link in bio”, is what I circled. Click on it from her Instagram, and there you go.

0EAB9FE6-967A-4F60-975F-E9AA9CCC4C04.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I just don’t understand how she came up with “Lolli”. It’s odd. 

I'd imagine that, because they sometimes call JB "Pops," they think pairing that with "Lolli" is just hilariously sophisticated and clever. 

Seriously. 

I expect that's another build-our-social-media-rep ploy. As aspiring influencers, they're probably pretty fixated these days on showing people how clever and amusing they are. Seems to me I see signs of that urge in Jessa's postings, Jer's postings, etc. (even though people certainly don't follow Duggarlings online because they're craving cleverness and wit.) 

Anyway, my guess is it's not really a nickname anybody actually came up with naturally for Meechelle. It's an attempt by Duggarling Digital Content Agency to create something that'll have the effect of the Geico gecko or the like.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I don’t think Ben’s haircut suits him. His face is narrow at the top and wider at the bottom, he needs some volume at the sides to balance it out. Plus I hate that haircut.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 22

Just me.

But for sure, if (which would NEVER happen, but IF) I ever did a video about anything at all, I sure as shit would at the very least fold the blanket and remove the one slipper from the camera view.

A teeeeeeeeeny, tiny bit of effort in straightening your home would make a visual difference to this awful presentation.

And Ben, go to Hair Cuttery or someplace, PLEASE !!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 2/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Fallacy said:

I think Jesse has gorgeous hair, and I’m envious that her hair dries into nice waves rather than a total frizz ball like mine does if I let it air dry. I don’t see a foot of split ends either. I suspect she trims off the bottom inch or so every three months, so the rest of it is perfectly healthy. Plus, she doesn’t regularly straighten it or color it like Jinger does, so it’s not nearly as heat damaged. 

Yeah, I hate the look of super long hair because there's no style to it, but despite that, the Duggar girls minus Jinger have exceptionally full, healthy hair.

• Love 2

One last comment about "Lolli": Mackenzyie (or however they spell it) is 10.  Pretty sure she had another name for Michelle when she was younger.  How odd that suddenly she has to call her grandmother by another name. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I just don’t understand how she came up with “Lolli”. It’s odd. 

Grandma Duggar is dead, and part of brand, so that's out. I can't see Michelle being ok with being called grandma, anyway. She interacts with her grandkids like she's just wandering through a random daycare. Which she is.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Madtown said:

No denying that Ivy is one cute little girl! I love her smile.

Because I hate the Vuolos so much, I am going to add that I enjoy a pic of a cute baby who is not made to pose, posture, smile, act, engage, frolic, or become an integral part of a stupid directed picture.

Go, Ivy, GO!

• Love 7

I feel like Ben and Jessas posts are way more down to earth and less try hard than the Vuolos. Their posts come off as authentic and almost likeable. They also appeal to their own fan base. Conservative christians with families in the south 

Vuolos are keeping up with the Jones's on IG instead of trying to be authentic to themselves. Their fans definitely can't relate to the IG influencer CA lifestyle they are trying really hard to emulate.They are Failing miserably. Every post is obnoxious and I do think Felicity is way more 'posed' on instagram, and I wonder if that kid has ever eaten a meal at home. 

I feel like Jessa takes picture of Ivy, and if it's cute she throws it on instragram if she needs something to post or wants to share.

I feel like jinger decides she needs to post for instagram and then spends the afternoon trying to create an instagram post whether Felicity wants to or not. That's why it all looks so staged. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11

Exactly my point. She doesn't post a thing that isn't carefully curated. We've seen Felicity look disheveled and uninterested in multiple pictures. There's no question that Jinger and Jeremy include her to make their pictures more interesting, but I don't think they actually "pose" her or are overly concerned with how she comes across. On the other hand, Jessa is marketing herself as the super fundie mom. I feel like she makes sure that her kids look and come across as perfect before sharing a single thing. Other than the infamous "diaper mountain" picture, Jessa's never put up a picture of her kids looking unhappy or shown any unpleasant interactions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/27/2020 at 5:21 AM, kokapetl said:

I don’t think Ben’s haircut suits him. His face is narrow at the top and wider at the bottom, he needs some volume at the sides to balance it out. Plus I hate that haircut.

Looks like he is emulating Richard Spencer.  I do as well.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Tasya said:

On the other hand, Jessa is marketing herself as the super fundie mom. I feel like she makes sure that her kids look and come across as perfect before sharing a single thing. Other than the infamous "diaper mountain" picture, Jessa's never put up a picture of her kids looking unhappy or shown any unpleasant interactions. 

She has shown Spurg and Henry conflicting a couple of times, over toys IIRC. Pretty minor though and I think she immediately admonished them. I think Jessa has done more videos, where we can see her kids move and talk, and Jingjer do more photos that capture the best moment.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Looks like he is emulating Richard Spencer.  I do as well.

OMG. It is that Richard Spencer cut. Yeesh. (not that Spencer's the only one who's worn it. ... but he's definitely the one in the most news photos .... ) Yikes. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I found Richard Spencer..now what is COL?🤔

Clueless Old Lady.  It's a thing on the Sister Wives forum.

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Clueless old lady. Trademark Sister wives forum.

You answered it before I could!  🙂  I'm a proud member.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Baby yoda is much cuter than Ivy IMO 😂

Agreed. Come sit next to me down here. 😂🔥

I’m about to further cement my place in flames by justifying it more. 
4F4FA3AE-7795-49D4-87A3-783DC85002E0.thumb.jpeg.69837f5a2a94c8fd49ca64754eab1b82.jpeg

It’s the eyes see? If you paint her green and make her eyes brown... - human replica. I can’t unsee it. They are both adorable, though one definitely wears green better. 😂 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 2/27/2020 at 3:25 AM, GeeGolly said:

I think they might have gotten the idea here. Back when Jessa and Jill were pregnant or shortly after Spurgie and Izzy were born we had a conversation about different names for grandparents. We were all posting traditional names, names from various cultures as well as creative nicknames and names made-up by grandchildren. I mentioned Lolli and Pop. 

It could be a coincidence or they read the name here. I'm leaning toward them getting the name here because Anna's kids did not use Lolli prior to Spurge and Iz being born and prior to our conversation here.

Is that why some people use that term for their grandmothers? Lol I had never heard of it before, until hearing that my ex's mom was called that by her grandkids. I just thought it was something younger grandmothers might like since she became one at 34.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa still reads the comments and claps back.

Screenshot_20200301-142528.png.a8d3141f5963da7e2b300b19d713b098.png

Neanderthals couldn’t pump breast milk, but Jessa can. I think they took their children because because their lives revolve around them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13