Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Jessa and Ben went grocery shopping and then on a “date”.

This WAS the date.

3 hours ago, katycat74 said:

So jill and Derrick shop at Wal-Mart but jessa and Bin are at Whole Foods? 

Oh crap, here I go defending Jill again, but J&D seem to stick to a budget. So, yay?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 14

For awhile now, I've felt like Jessa and Ben were trying to go the Vuolo route. They're not any better at it. 

They should have gone to the Ozark Natural Foods store in Fayetteville instead.

I have no clue if it is cheaper than the Whole Foods store--I shopped at Harps when I lived there--but it's in a shopping center with the world's sketchiest Dollar Tree, and the people-watching in that parking lot is impeccable. 🤣

And there's a good Chinese restaurant there. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Spurgeon seems to understand the concept of God.

Little dude... you might be interested to know that cows, unlike humans, have one stomach with FOUR compartments to help chew their cud. They never feel full.

Maybe you just need to chew your food a bit longer so your little tummy doesn't hurt.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jessa lives like a pig and her house is still filthy. No surprise here for me. If she quit sleeping in every day and got up OUT OF BED maybe she would get a few things done before the kids wake up like I did some years ago.

She's Jim Bob in a dress. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jessa lives like a pig and her house is still filthy. No surprise here for me. If she quit sleeping in every day and got up OUT OF BED maybe she would get a few things done before the kids wake up like I did some years ago.

Or, organize the day like I did when my two were small and ex Mr. lookeyloo was in medical school and never home.  Everything was done, small apartment was clean, and I hung laundry outside. It can be done in a multitude of ways but she doesn't do any of them.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, drafan said:

This WAS the date.

Oh crap, here I go defending Jill again, but J&D seem to stick to a budget. So, yay?

They actually went to a sushi restaurant after Whole Foods (well, they were both wearing the same clothes and it was an IG story right after). Jessa filmed how “worldly” Ben is because he ate a seaweed salad and some sushi rolls. 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

It seems like Jessa uses the kids for an excuse to never clean up.  She's her lazy mother all over again.  Sheetless beds?  Ugh.  I didn't watch the video.  She'll be on Hoarders some day.

I agree. Plenty of people have small children and manage to maintain homes that don't look like an oversized petri dish. I understand kid-clutter is inevitable, but the Mold House looks like it hasn't been mopped or wiped down in months. The place is 900 sq.ft., ffs. It shouldn't take Bin and Jessa long to clean it. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Plenty of people have small children and manage to maintain homes that don't look like an oversized petri dish. I understand kid-clutter is inevitable, but the Mold House looks like it hasn't been mopped or wiped down in months. The place is 900 sq.ft., ffs. It shouldn't take Bin and Jessa long to clean it. 

Yup. Jessa doesn't get it. Prior to having Henry, Joy was helping Jessa clean. You should have seen Joy's face when Jessa told her the spots she was cleaning off the couch were Spurgie's boogers. 

All Jessa got from her Mt Diaper post responses was straightening up is clean. Ick!

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Pretty dresses.  Jessa could do a Jill and chop off a foot of hair, and it would still be long, and look so much nicer.  Ivy is very cute.

And maybe wash her hair too. It looks like it has lint or some other type of crap in it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Jessa and Ben should be making enough money off the television show to move to a better house.  Jessa has been on television since she was 16 and younger during the first specials. Ben has been on television at least 6 years. 

Maybe they could borrow the camping trailer or live in one of the JB's rental properties while fixing and selling the mold house. Since it's in their names, they can use the money from the sale of the old house towards a new one. 

I think they're outgrowing this house and it would be smart to transition while the show is on the air. It's already tight with 3 kids and they will most likely have more. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Pretty dresses. 

Ugh. Another "maternity friendly" schmatta. The baby's is a sack. Looks like Fraulein Maria stitched them from the old drapes.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And maybe wash her hair too. It looks like it has lint or some other type of crap in it.

Seaweed. It's mermaid hair at this point.

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Ugh. Another "maternity friendly" schmatta. The baby's is a sack. Looks like Fraulein Maria stitched them from the old drapes.

Seaweed. It's mermaid hair at this point.

Agree to disagree.  I guess the print could have been 50's curtains, but I like it.  I'm old.

I see what you did there.  Seaweed = Seewald.  Sargasso, anyone?

• Love 3

Shame Jessa didn’t take the hospital bandage off Ivy’s head before the photo opportunity.

I get that big ol’ Christmas bows are non-negotiable fundy baby uniform, (as god forbid the baby displease the lord by being unfeminine or of non-descript gender) but this one makes Ivy look like she has a head injury and does zilch for the outfit anyway. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa said fairly recently that Ivy pulls off bows, so I'm thinking that it was just on for the photoshoot. I think she's cuter sans bows.

That’s good to hear she doesn’t enforce the bow policy. I don’t really follow Jessa (and each to their own here), but it’s nice to see a fundy parent who allows their baby girl to just be an innocent baby, without having to ram it’s enforced gender down it’s throat in the form of hair accessories. 

Fine if baby tolerates it well and that’s your prerogative, but personally it shits me to see parents do it for nothing but their own aesthetic satisfaction, if it annoys and potentially endangers baby. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jessa could do a Jill and chop off a foot of hair, and it would still be long, and look so much nicer.  Ivy is very cute.

Her hair is hidious. If Jessa keeps with the long hair belief, then sadly, Ivy's will look all ragged like Jessa's someday.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 9:51 PM, galaxychaser said:

I have a cousin who didn’t talk until he was 4. His older sister talked for both of them. 

I am the oldest - girl- and have 3 younger brothers.  My youngest brother did not talk much at all till he was about 3 or 4 - My brothers did all the talking for him.  He's fine.. probably talks more than all of them..lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know.  She got 29,379 likes and 77 comments, and, no doubt, rising....

May not be clear why they care. But apparently they do! 

Whoa! She’s getting ‘pretty kitten hacks up hairball’ YouTube view numbers!

The only way she’s going to get significant attention is to announce that her children will never ever ever attend public school! 

• LOL 13
On 2/22/2020 at 7:01 PM, drafan said:

Please don’t insult Fraulein Maria like this. She truly doesnt deserve it

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I think Jesse has gorgeous hair, and I’m envious that her hair dries into nice waves rather than a total frizz ball like mine does if I let it air dry. I don’t see a foot of split ends either. I suspect she trims off the bottom inch or so every three months, so the rest of it is perfectly healthy. Plus, she doesn’t regularly straighten it or color it like Jinger does, so it’s not nearly as heat damaged. 

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 7
On 2/23/2020 at 11:29 AM, Madtown said:

Her hair is hidious. If Jessa keeps with the long hair belief, then sadly, Ivy's will look all ragged like Jessa's someday.

Yeah, but they'll be godlier than those of us who don't have hair like that. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'm watching the video with the sound off right now. To be honest, it's kind of scary, and I'm only 3 minutes in.

Oh my. I skipped ahead. Landed on a close up. I think Ben's hair is dirty. He definitely has dandruff.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

When I was growing up, you know, back when dinosaurs were roaming the earth, I had 2 "Grandmas." There was "Grandma Dad'sLastName" and "Grandma Mom'sLastName." We always were able to tell them apart in conversation.

I never had any humanoid children, but is it a thing now that grandparents have to pick their own "name?"

well in Michelle's defense "grandma Duggar" was already taken.  So Michelle would need another name.  It's the same in my current family Great grandparents have already taken the "Grandma insert last name" so yes the new grandparents need a different name. 

• Love 2

I don't know how to screenshot videos but at around the 2 or 3 minute mark, if it was my kid/husband/friend getting their haircut, I think I would have faked an emergency, stopped the haircut and got the hell out of there.

• LOL 5
22 minutes ago, LynneH said:

well in Michelle's defense "grandma Duggar" was already taken.  So Michelle would need another name.  It's the same in my current family Great grandparents have already taken the "Grandma insert last name" so yes the new grandparents need a different name. 

Ok. That makes sense. Good to know. Thank you for the info!

• Love 1

I just don’t understand how she came up with “Lolli”. It’s odd. 

I call myself Grandma.  My little granddaughter is only 18 months old and despite my best efforts she doesn’t say “Grandma” yet.  Maybe she will end up calling me something else.  I guarantee it won’t be “Lolli”, though. 😂

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm watching the video with the sound off right now. To be honest, it's kind of scary, and I'm only 3 minutes in.

Oh my. I skipped ahead. Landed on a close up. I think Ben's hair is dirty. He definitely has dandruff.

🤮

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Ben's sister? Danielle is probably relieved that she doesn't have to give her brother a free haircut and devote her time to paying customers. 

I was alluding to Jessa’s lack of skills. Guess it’s one of those you had to be there. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I call myself Grandma.  My little granddaughter is only 18 months old and despite my best efforts she doesn’t say “Grandma” yet.  Maybe she will end up calling me something else.  I guarantee it won’t be “Lolli”, though. 😂

I think it's a play on lollipop. She's Lolli, Boob is Pop. No idea which genius in that family came up with it. 

I cut my husband's hair, I use a trimmer and don't pretend I know what I'm doing on YouTube. My husband wears hats a lot so he just wants it short and doesn't care too much about the quality. If we go somewhere, like a wedding, where no hats are to be worn he gets it professionally done. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think they might have gotten the idea here. Back when Jessa and Jill were pregnant or shortly after Spurgie and Izzy were born we had a conversation about different names for grandparents. We were all posting traditional names, names from various cultures as well as creative nicknames and names made-up by grandchildren. I mentioned Lolli and Pop. 

It could be a coincidence or they read the name here. I'm leaning toward them getting the name here because Anna's kids did not use Lolli prior to Spurge and Iz being born and prior to our conversation here.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4