Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think it was a set up.  Could Spurge have opened the fridge and removed the top of the container on his own?  Why did Grandma just stand there filming while he held the container while he looked off screen and then drank out of it?  There are obviously other people there, we can hear them talking in the background.  None of them said "No!  We don't drink out of the bottle/container!  We'll put some in a glass for you, OK?"

It wasn't 'caught on camera', because someone was clearly there while he held the container until he drank out of it.  For all I know, Jessa or Ben was filming.  There's nothing natural about it, as far as I can see.

• Love 13
On 2/15/2020 at 8:38 PM, fonfereksglen said:

He is actually measuring the temperature of the frying pan surface,  not the fish!  When touched gently, fish will flake when done.  And after that,  rapidly becomes overdone.

The type of seasoning is simply a matter of taste.  I am a lemon juice, salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil and a bit of butter cook of pan fried fish.  

So he’s using the thermometer so he won’t overcook it?

On 2/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, GeeGolly said:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say fish smells good. I wonder if Spurgie likes the smell of hard boiled eggs?

What he likes the smell of is probably the spices on the fish.

• Love 2

Wait, did she pick Lolli because JB is Pop? As in, LolliPop? That's just ... *facepalm* Though I think Jessa called JB Pops before any Duggar-daughter grandchildren arrived. 

And has she always been Lolli? That seems to be recent. At least, I don't remember Anna or the Ms calling her that. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, McManda said:

Wait, did she pick Lolli because JB is Pop? As in, LolliPop? That's just ... *facepalm* Though I think Jessa called JB Pops before any Duggar-daughter grandchildren arrived. 

And has she always been Lolli? That seems to be recent. At least, I don't remember Anna or the Ms calling her that. 

I thought Lauren Duggar started it. Lauren is young and her parents are in their forties so it's possible she wanted to differentiate between the Duggars, her parents, and her grandparents. 

• Useful 4
On 2/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, Portia said:

The filthy cabinets--and the whole filthy house--are Ben's, too.

I went with ‘Jessa’s’ because we all know she is the head of that household and has failed instruct Ben, Spurge or Henry to clean them 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

The house tour was better than I expected.  I liked Spurge's explanation of things & thought it was cute he had to stop & make toast after showing us the toaster.

I understand her reasoning about air drying clothes but can't believe she lays wet clothes over the wooden dining room chairs to dry.  I'm sure it's fake wood but doesn't that do something to the finish considering she does it alot?  I think she should invest in some type of fold up drying rack (that could be left in tub) instead.  

I did think it was weird that Henry was in larger bed while Spurge has the smaller toddler bed.  Except maybe Spurge has had the toddler bed all along & is not willing to give it up. I liked his reasoning of why his teddy bear was wearing a diaper.

I just thought of something.  There was no regular size crib for Ivy.  I guess she sleeps in the Pack & Play that Jessa pointed out.  Just like her younger aunts did in the Girl's Dorm. 😧

At least Jessa knows how to talk to & carry on normal conversations with her kids (unlike Jill who seems to he afraid of talking to her boys.)

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

The house tour was better than I expected.  I liked Spurge's explanation of things & thought it was cute he had to stop & make toast after showing us the toaster.

I understand her reasoning about air drying clothes but can't believe she lays wet clothes over the wooden dining room chairs to dry.  I'm sure it's fake wood but doesn't that do something to the finish considering she does it alot?  I think she should invest in some type of fold up drying rack (that could be left in tub) instead.  

I did think it was weird that Henry was in larger bed while Spurge has the smaller toddler bed.  Except maybe Spurge has had the toddler bed all along & is not willing to give it up. I liked his reasoning of why his teddy bear was wearing a diaper.

I just thought of something.  There was no regular size crib for Ivy.  I guess she sleeps in the Pack & Play that Jessa pointed out.  Just like her younger aunts did in the Girl's Dorm. 😧

At least Jessa knows how to talk to & carry on normal conversations with her kids (unlike Jill who seems to he afraid of talking to her boys.)

I have a feeling that Ivy sleeps with Jessa and Ben, just like Spurgie and Henry used to.  The Pack&Play is used for Ivy when the boys are playing in the backyard.  They put her in it on the deck with a few toys, so she can safely be outside at the same time the boys are.  Obviously I know entirely too much about this family. 😄 The fact is that I like them.  I think they’re a sweet family.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Spurgeon made the video fun - he's so cute!  I love his explanations for everything. "If....then...."  Jessa just opened herself up to criticism with the dirty before video, but I guess she has her reasons. Maybe she just doesn't care what people think.  I agree that Ivy probably sleeps with Jessa & Ben.  Seems like Ben could have a more comfortable chair at his desk.  And the Christmas tree needs to come down! Anyway, all of the kids are cute and I do like the way she interacts with them.  She does seem sentimental about their little house.  

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa lives in a house with rooms. I wonder if she has a car with seats?

She once ate an orange with skin, separate sections, and seeds. 

Making informative and interesting videos when you're not interesting, interested or even a little bit informed is hard, people. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
On 2/18/2020 at 9:31 AM, BetyBee said:

Spurgeon made the video fun - he's so cute!  I love his explanations for everything. "If....then...."  Jessa just opened herself up to criticism with the dirty before video, but I guess she has her reasons. Maybe she just doesn't care what people think.  I agree that Ivy probably sleeps with Jessa & Ben.  Seems like Ben could have a more comfortable chair at his desk.  And the Christmas tree needs to come down! Anyway, all of the kids are cute and I do like the way she interacts with them.  She does seem sentimental about their little house.  

Spurgeon is incredibly verbal and articulate and I also love his reasoning!  But it really shows the difference between him and Henry, who is only 16 months younger. I don't think I heard him say a word.

I wonder if Jessa continued with the speech therapist or if that was a one-time thing for the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I wonder if Henry’s delays could also stem from  having a brother who does enough talking for BOTH of them.  Having a precocious/talkative sibling can sometimes make the other one retreat further into their shell because there’s simply no reason to talk if the other is blabbering on all the time. 😂

My son is five and talks ALL the time.  My daughter is 16 months younger and used to not talk very much. It wasn't until my son went to preschool that she started talking a LOT, too.  She used to not really need to say anything because my son would always try to answer/speak for her and because it's hard for anyone to get a word in when he's talking.

Spurgeon doens't go to preschool or anything, so I guess Henry doesn't have the "need" to talk much with his talkative big bro around all the time.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I wonder if Henry’s delays could also stem from  having a brother who does enough talking for BOTH of them.  Having a precocious/talkative sibling can sometimes make the other one retreat further into their shell because there’s simply no reason to talk if the other is blabbering on all the time. 😂

It could easily be a result of being a second child in a situation where the first one is exceptionally articulate. I know that, of my three kids, the first two were early talkers, but the third made do with pointing and grunting until he was way after two and closer to three. They were all within five years of each other, and I suppose it's just easier to cater to the younger one's whims without necessarily demanding vocabulary after the first one or two. Still, all are very articulate as adults, so I don't suppose it makes much difference either way unless it appears that their delay is based in anything other than just not really needing to talk at that particular moment.

• Love 5

Huh, so now it makes sense why Spurge said he didn't have any friends in his room. In Jessa's house tour there was a small mattress on the floor next to Jessa's and Ben's bed during the before view. It also appears they set up the pack and play (near the cold sliders) for Ivy to sleep in.

So Spurgie sleeps alone in the poorly decorated office/guest room while the rest of the family is snuggled together across the hall.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, so now it makes sense why Spurge said he didn't have any friends in his room. In Jessa's house tour there was a small mattress on the floor next to Jessa's and Ben's bed during the before view. It also appears they set up the pack and play (near the cold sliders) for Ivy to sleep in.

So Spurgie sleeps alone in the poorly decorated office/guest room while the rest of the family is snuggled together across the hall.

And now Jessa has announced Spurge‘s sleeping arrangement to millions of strangers online! SMDH.

5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

lol true. But still extremely bad judgment IMHO.

True. I'm still perseverating on the fact that the kids don't really have a room. If a stranger looked in that room, other than the toddler bed, nobody would guess that kid(s) sleep there.

• Love 4
On 2/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Producing a house tour,  showing the sleeping arrangements of little ones,  is ignorant.  

What is next?  Bath time?

DEAR GOD HOPEFULLY NOT BEN'S!!!!

MIND BLEACH MIND BLEACH MUST USE MIND BLEACH SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB 😬🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺😭😭😭

• LOL 9

Towards the end of the Ivy video from Ben IG can anyone else hear Spurgean saying Sam, Sam in the background? Maybe i am wrong.  But if right maybe Jill was over with her kids.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Ok, Ivy is absolutely precious ! Those eyes. Beautiful.

She looks happy, smiley, engaged, interested and clean.

I hope they love her so, SO much that they let her go to school and be a person, not a baby maker.

They won’t though.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Ok, Ivy is absolutely precious ! Those eyes. Beautiful.

She looks happy, smiley, engaged, interested and clean.

I hope they love her so, SO much that they let her go to school and be a person, not a baby maker.

Not a chance...

• Love 2