Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh she's calculating. She was openly pissed on camera when Anna pre-revealed the name of her expected 4th M. She teased the sex of all three kids. Teased twins with the first two. She used to purposely post misleading photos to throw folks off of when and where various Duggar were going/doing. I'm sure there's more, but those are off the top of my head.

Yet, she married THE most ridiculous spouse.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh she's calculating. She was openly pissed on camera when Anna pre-revealed the name of her expected 4th M. She teased the sex of all three kids. Teased twins with the first two. She used to purposely post misleading photos to throw folks off of when and where various Duggar were going/doing. I'm sure there's more, but those are off the top of my head.

Oh, I get that she has integrated every reality TV trope into her lifestyle and online persona, and the misdirection is annoying, but it doesn’t come across as some genius mastermind. Any halfway intelligent high school girl can do the same thing. Unless she’s sitting on a pile of money, or has true control over her families assets, which she likely doesn’t, it’s kind of a moot point.  All it will really take is someone quietly outmaneuvering her.  I think no matter what a woman is not going to be in charge of anything in this family, aside from Michelle, and when she’s gone and It’ll collapse in some Overpopulation disaster .

If she says maybe it’s twins one more time I would scream.  At least she gave up the adoption talk fairly soon after cranking out a second child. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:At least she gave up the adoption talk fairly soon after cranking out a second child. 

I was wondering what became of Benessa’s frequent adoption talk. 

And they have no plans to quit having babies - on Abby’s TLC birth episode that’s online this week, Jessa laughingly says she’ll have to get an epidural for her next delivery after Abby said how it relieved her labor pains (yeah, sure you will Jessa).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Jessa, Jill, Kristen and Sierra had lunch together today.  Jessa, K and S had their babies with them. Jill was by herself, without either boy.

Hmm An FU internet moment to quell talk of Jill's estrangement from the family? 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Do you think she is aware that there are many pancake mixes that only need water?  Much more relatable to busy moms of little ones.   

That's what I grew up with. My mom considered Bisquick mix pancakes home made because she had to add an egg too.

12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I was wondering what became of Benessa’s frequent adoption talk. 

And they have no plans to quit having babies - on Abby’s TLC birth episode that’s online this week, Jessa laughingly says she’ll have to get an epidural for her next delivery after Abby said how it relieved her labor pains (yeah, sure you will Jessa).

Jessa seemed so stupid saying that.  We know she will never get an epidural.   She will only see the inside of a hospital AFTER she gives birth at home,  starts hemorrhaging and needs a transfusion. 

• Love 16

Jill looks cuter than Jessa, at least to me. In that picture, Jessa looks like your friend who uses a million Instagram filters and ends up looking nothing like they do in real life.

@JOANARC, I just said Jessa was calculating. Never said she was good at it.😁😉

Like a busted adding machine!

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the Kristin gal holding what appears to be a less than one year old child over a very progressed pregnancy bump?

I don't think Kristen's daughter (seen in a photo) is under a year old. She looked older than that to me. I think she is still growing hair.  Blonde/thin hair can take a while to grow in. 

After some internet research, the little girl is named Ava will be 2 in May and she has another child (boy)  who was born in 2016. 

Nice that the women could get together. I hope the children not pictured are doing fun things. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

OMG.  Jill looks like a normal early 20 something girl!  I applaud her for getting a meal without her kids.  

Yes, good for Jill!  I’m sure the group tried to make her feel bad and inadequate, bur it would have been out of pure jealousy.  I hope Jill took a long ride home and Deertick and the boys where gone when she got back. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Another video I didn't watch.

Lol me either. I will never watch one of Jessa’s videos. She is so banal and boring, also I wouldn’t want to give her any clicks.

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I laughed until I cried on "A three-year-old dressed in business casual spending a week opening his birthday presents."

I can milk the shit out of a birthday with the best/worst of them (don't judge--I'm a Leo--this sort of narcissism is my birthright 😉), but yeah nobody needs to see that on social media. 

I think a certain point, it becomes less about having memories/shared experiences and more about curating one's life for an audience, and that's not healthy for anyone. 

Especially not when they are exploiting their kids in the process.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Isn't Kristin the one who's husband was revealed to be an alcoholic? She might want to slow down on the baby-making considering the relapse rate for addicts is high. 

Yes. Not the best time to be bringing so many babies into the world when they're trying to fix their marriage and her husband's addiction. I don't think they've even been married 5 years. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So he just opened Amazon boxes/enveloppes? 

And no fun toys?

He's 3!

So they didn't even open the packages when they arrived to make sure the right thing was inside? FFS open the packages then wrap them in some nice paper!! And get him at least one toy, and not SNACKS!

Edited by AussiesRule
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, AussiesRule said:

So they didn't even open the packages when they arrived to make sure the right thing was inside? FFS open the packages then wrap them in some nice paper!! And get him at least one toy, and not SNACKS!

Yeah, I think it’s very sad that a 3-year-old got no toys.  Maybe extended family members got him some fun stuff to play with.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yes. Not the best time to be bringing so many babies into the world when they're trying to fix their marriage and her husband's addiction. I don't think they've even been married 5 years. 

My memory is he's a former alcoholic with long term sobriety going for him. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

Jessa's new invention of Birthday Hanukkah must have been torture for Spurgie. And wait until she has 19 kids. For almost half the year a kid would be having a birthday week.

My poor kids received one birthday gift from my husband and myself. The rest of the gifts were from family and friends. They had a few hours on one day a year during which they were the center of attention. It was more about the decorations, party and friends and family gathering and celebrating the child, than about the gifts.

Not everything in life needs to be hacked, or reinvented. Jessa reinvents birthdays, Jill puts car seats in umbrella strollers ... they need to stop.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Another video I didn't watch.

Jessa is really desperate for stuff to film and talk about.

I don’t think a bird feeder squirrel baffle needed a whole day to appreciate and enjoy. Or the pack of undies. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa's new invention of Birthday Hanukkah must have been torture for Spurgie. And wait until she has 19 kids. For almost half the year a kid would be having a birthday week.

My poor kids received one birthday gift from my husband and myself. The rest of the gifts were from family and friends. They had a few hours on one day a year during which they were the center of attention. It was more about the decorations, party and friends and family gathering and celebrating the child, than about the gifts.

Not everything in life needs to be hacked, or reinvented. Jessa reinvents birthdays, Jill puts car seats in umbrella strollers ... they need to stop.

Yup...I can see that her intentions were actually good, and spreading a birthday out makes for more happy moments, but the traditional way of making the child the center of attention for one day has a lot more going for it overall. Plus which, some of the "gifts" seem as though they were more for everyone than for Henry. With the snacks, for instance, she specifically said "the boys" would enjoy them. And also that "the boys" love books. Now, granted, they may enjoy slightly different books at their ages, but in general I would guess that they look at many of the same ones or enjoy the same stories being read. Did Henry get anything that he was specifically interested in? I mean, I get that they need to be able to share, but if it's his birthday, there should be at least some things geared specifically for him. The only thing that was really special for Henry throughout his birthday week was being the one who got to open the boxes (and he would have needed help with that anyway, vs being able to rip off wrapping paper.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yup...I can see that her intentions were actually good, and spreading a birthday out makes for more happy moments, but the traditional way of making the child the center of attention for one day has a lot more going for it overall. Plus which, some of the "gifts" seem as though they were more for everyone than for Henry. With the snacks, for instance, she specifically said "the boys" would enjoy them. And also that "the boys" love books. Now, granted, they may enjoy slightly different books at their ages, but in general I would guess that they look at many of the same ones or enjoy the same stories being read. Did Henry get anything that he was specifically interested in? I mean, I get that they need to be able to share, but if it's his birthday, there should be at least some things geared specifically for him. The only thing that was really special for Henry throughout his birthday week was being the one who got to open the boxes (and he would have needed help with that anyway, vs being able to rip off wrapping paper.

None of the gifts were specifically just for Henry, except the underwear.  He barely looked out of the bird-watching binoculars when Jessa told him to let Spurgeon have a turn.  She told him to share, just seconds after opening the gift!  The feeder was for the whole family.  The books were for both boys.

Jessa's way of speaking in her videos is strange.  She is very matter of fact but also I feel she is reading off a script.  Even more strange on the birthday video was Ben's speech pattern.  It was totally scripted and it didn't even sound like Ben! 

Also, he is clean shaven again.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

None of the gifts were specifically just for Henry, except the underwear.  He barely looked out of the bird-watching binoculars when Jessa told him to let Spurgeon have a turn.  She told him to share, just seconds after opening the gift!  The feeder was for the whole family.  The books were for both boys.

Jessa's way of speaking in her videos is strange.  She is very matter of fact but also I feel she is reading off a script.  Even more strange on the birthday video was Ben's speech pattern.  It was totally scripted and it didn't even sound like Ben! 

Also, he is clean shaven again.

She is so desperate for attention. Too bad she has nothing outside of her tiny bubble to talk about.

• Love 12

Didn't we see JB and Meech "celebrating" their kids' birthdays by (a) combining two or more birthday celebrations together and (b) hauling the whole family to whatever "celebration" it was even if it was something appropriate for a 5 year old but not an adolescent whose birthday was supposedly being "celebrated"? And didn't JB proudly find stupid "gifts" for his kids at a thrift store?

Maybe Jessa's trying to do better by her own kids even if she won't admit her parents weren't the Best Parents Ever In The Whole World. Of course, she's also desperate for attention, as @DangerousMinds has mentioned, so there's that too.

• Love 11

Hey Jessa....

You have 18 siblings, grandparents, and whatever else. You don't need to give Henry a present everyday leading up to  his birthday. Hope if she continues this, she does it for the other two as well. She thinks she's doing something that's never done before. She's not. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Henry is the age where you can get away with some cheaper toys from the Dollar Store or Five Below.  He would probably enjoy those more than the ones he got.  Every gift doesn't need to be educational or cost a lot. 

13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Oops^^

My sister & I couldn't wait for our kids' birthdays to be over way back in the day.  Maybe it was because they were so drawn out --  there were cupcakes & a celebration at daycare or school, an extended family party, a small celebration for immediate family on day of birthday, a  possible get together with neighborhood kids or take a friend(s) somewhere special like the movies, etc.  It was like the birthday was never ending.

But I do remember the Duggs grew up with forgotten or shared small get togethers (I wouldn't even call them a party) for their birthdays, a bag of their favorite candy (because this was the only special thing Mechelle could remember about each kid) or a non-age appropriate gift from the consignment or pawn shop if you were lucky.  So I do give Jessa points for trying to give the kids much better birthdays than what she had.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not everything in life needs to be hacked, or reinvented. 

It does if you're trying to make it both your paying job and your only recreation and means of social interaction to get likes on social media, though. It's never about doing anything for its own sake. It's always about doing it in some way that's "new! and improved!" enough to get total strangers to click click click click! 

Must be exhausting. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes, good for Jill!  I’m sure the group tried to make her feel bad and inadequate, bur it would have been out of pure jealousy.  I hope Jill took a long ride home and Deertick and the boys where gone when she got back. 

I hope she got to talk about how awesome her haircut is and how great pants are to wear. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

don’t seem afraid of her or neglected.  Clean and well fed.

My dog gets better than this.

Won't watch her video, but it seems like the kid version of BarkBox.com.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I never got underwear as a gift wrapped for my birthday! I'm thanking my parents mentally for that.  I'm an adult now and I don't think I want sexy underwear from a partner.

I give Jessa points for trying something. It doesn't seem that great. 

I will defend Jessa from the rest of the family will/would/could/should pitch in. I never got gifts from extended family, other than a few cards. Sometimes I would have a party, and I would get gifts from friends. But most of the gifts came from my parents and sibling.  Jessa does live near most of her family, but with so many family members. it wouldn't surprise me if they don't keep tract either. I guess Ben's family might be a little better, so there's that. As for friends, Jessa and her family were relatively isolated from other people. I wonder if Jessa or any other Duggar 19 had a birthday party with people their own age who weren't Duggars. My guess is that did not happen often or at all. 

If the Duggars are able to keep track of the birthdays now, I bet they won't ten years from now when there's at least 30-80 new people to remember. (I'm including daughters/sons-in-law in the count as well as new babies.) 

• Love 3