Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Well, it's an actual first name and won't cause people to laugh, stare, or ask you to repeat yourself while making introductions... so yeah, Elliott is better than Spurgeon.

Lots of people make fun of names, whether they're regular names or not. I just don't like the name Elliott. Poor Spurgeon got f'd with both names, IMO.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, beckie said:

Lots of people make fun of names, whether they're regular names or not.

True. And I could see an Elliott being called "Ellie" or made fun of in a girlish way (though personally I like the name). But basically anything is (much, much) better than Spurgeon!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

True. And I could see an Elliott being called "Ellie" or made fun of in a girlish way (though personally I like the name). But basically anything is (much, much) better than Spurgeon!

People were using Elliot as a girl's name because of that. 

However I think Spurgeon is the worst out of the "celebrity" baby names I've come across and we have Moxie Crimefighter, Pilot Inspektor, and all of Jamie Oliver's kids running around. 

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

However I think Spurgeon is the worst out of the "celebrity" baby names I've come across and we have Moxie Crimefighter, Pilot Inspektor, and all of Jamie Oliver's kids running around. 

I know two boys named Elliot, ages 16 and 7. No one calls them anything but Elliot, either. I think most parents around my age associate the name with ET.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

My friend's granddaughter is named Elliot.  It seems it is a popular name for both boys and girls now.

George Stephanopolous and his wife Ali Wentworth named one of their daughters Elliot.  She is a teenager now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

His names sounds like it could be too easily shortened to slang for seminal fluid. 

I remember Ben saying on Counting On his friend called Spurgeon, The Spurgeonator and I immediately thought The Sperminator 😂

Edited by PuffinFizz
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

I remember Ben saying on Counting On his friend called Spurgeon, The Spurgeonator and I immediately thought The Sperminator 😂

Lol! I hope he has the wherewithal to change it when he’s 18 or go by Eliot which is a perfectly fine name to me. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol! I hope he has the wherewithal to change it when he’s 18 or go by Eliot which is a perfectly fine name to me. 

It'll be at least a couple of years beyond age 18 that he'll even know his name is not common.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

And he actually says he thinks evangelicals who believed Trump was of poor moral character

Like his inlaws who literally mowed TRUMP 2020 into their lawn? I guess I'd have to agree with him there!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

And they would’ve been born in alphabetical order!

That may have changed some of their names though. I remember when Anna was talking about picking a “name theme,” Jessa looked looked like she wanted to pop her. 

I believe I looked at Anna like I wanted to pop her when she made that comment.  ‘Our letter!’  Makes me want to 🤮 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I've been watching lots of vlogs on YouTube from a family who's channel is called Fight For Together. The family walked the entire Appalachian Trail, from Georgia to Maine, and documented it.  They have six kids, including a two year old named Rainier.  And a son named Seven.  And a daughter named Dove.  And another daughter named Memory!

But the Seewald's naming their kid Spurgeon is the absolute worse.  It's just attention seeking behavior from immature parents.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B94F51BB-F18D-42E6-AE74-0AAA69E80914.jpeg

Both of these are so bland and generic that neither one should have bothered.  It reads like performative grief done to show their followers they did the "right thing."  This also comes across as formulaic as "Thoughts and Prayers" every time there is a school shooting.  If you can't personalize it, why bother?

• Love 13

Jessa has a new YouTube video up about how she built the fort/ treehouse in their backyard a year or so ago. The way she tells it, she is the one who built it . Which surprises me with all her brothers and Bin. She doesn’t give Bin any credit at all, yet I remember when they first built it, she did say on Instagram that Bin built it. So who knows?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jessa has a new YouTube video up about how she built the fort/ treehouse in their backyard a year or so ago. The way she tells it, she is the one who built it . Which surprises me with all her brothers and Bin. She doesn’t give Bin any credit at all, yet I remember when they first built it, she did say on Instagram that Bin built it. So who knows?

She is a liar.

• Love 17
On 1/26/2020 at 12:57 AM, mynextmistake said:

Apparently Ben didn’t vote for Trump. And he actually says he thinks evangelicals who believed Trump was of poor moral character but voted for him anyway because Clinton was worse were wrong to have done so. Can’t see many other Duggars thinking things through that much.

Ben talks politics

Someone pull me up off of the floor. I am in shock.  

I bet JB is threatening Jessa that her husband better stay quiet or shape up or else they won't be allowed in the TTH without JB's prior permission (like Jill & Derick).  He can't be espousing his own thoughts or thinking about things too thoroughly if it leads to saying things contrary to the JB party line.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

better stay quiet or shape up or else they won't be allowed in the TTH without JB's prior permission (like Jill & Derick).

What is someone in the family calls his bluff and shows up, and wont leave - or won't leave quietly? Film of cops showing up or Jim Bob and Michelle gettng a restraining order won't look too good.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I would not say they just discovered Jenga.  Amy (and husband?) gave the family a giant Jenga set one Christmas. They are now introducing their very young sons to the game.  I was impressed by how they were playing. Even found it cute they didn’t get the concept of taking turns, and Henry’s grunting when Spurgeon told him what to do.  OMG, what am I doing, I defended... huh?... Im going to be 🤢🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

They also played Giant Jenga when on the family camping trip c. 4/19. This played out in a mind-numbingly boring episode of CO. 

I was being facetious. 😀

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Totally said:

Those jeans Jessa puts her boys in look so uncomfortable 

Jessa has dressed them like that since birth. But she recently made a kids' wardrobe video stating the opposite.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa is carrying on Michelle's tradition of calling the kids brother, and I assume sister. Jessa has 3 kids, why not use their names?

She is practicing for the day when there are so many she won’t remember their names.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

Well, it's an actual first name and won't cause people to laugh, stare, or ask you to repeat yourself while making introductions... so yeah, Elliott is better than Spurgeon.

Elliot was the name of my late cat. 

• Love 4
On 1/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

Or cause them to ask, “Isn’t that a fish?”.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Someone pull me up off of the floor. I am in shock.  

I bet JB is threatening Jessa that her husband better stay quiet or shape up or else they won't be allowed in the TTH without JB's prior permission (like Jill & Derick).  He can't be espousing his own thoughts or thinking about things too thoroughly if it leads to saying things contrary to the JB party line.

I thought it was well known that Bin has political opinions that don't mesh with his in-laws? Maybe it has just been overshadowed by all the other Duggar BS. 

• Love 3

I find referring to one's sibling as 'brother' or 'sister' annoying. To me, it de-personalizes that individual. Refer to them by their NAME. I think I answered my own question..Michelle's intent was to remove any individuality in her children. 

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I find referring to one's sibling as 'brother' or 'sister' annoying. To me, it de-personalizes that individual. Refer to them by their NAME. I think I answered my own question..Michelle's intent was to remove any individuality in her children. 

I agree & that makes sense with Mechelle. I remember on an old episode of 19K&C  Mechelle was having one of the Howlers repeat after her "I'm sorry Brother" five times  for something he did to the other one.  Ugh!.

I have a very good friend who I grew up up with who occasionally refers to her only sister as "my sister" in conversation.  Drives me nuts as we all grew up together as neighbors & her sister was my childhood best friend.

• Love 5
On 1/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, GeeGolly said:

Jessa is carrying on Michelle's tradition of calling the kids brother, and I assume sister. Jessa has 3 kids, why not use their names?

Michelle used the same letter, smart move. Jessa  should have done the same.

Edited by galaxychaser
On 1/31/2020 at 4:31 AM, floridamom said:

To me, it's like living in Berenstain Bears world.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

I  knew a woman a long time ago that told me she always had the two children refer to each other as "my sister" and "my brother" and she said "your sister" and "your brother" in her way to get them closer, as in "he is YOUR brother", special.  I lost track of them so don't know if it worked, I'm pretty sure the we do things different Duggars and Duggar spawn have a different motive.

• Love 1