Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think Jessa is the most aloof.  She seems wary of outsiders. For example, while each of her sisters appears to have a special friendship with one of the Bates' girls, Jessa does not.  I believe as a matter of principal, she will never wear pants or cut her hair.  She strikes me as the one who will hold on to what they were taught, no matter what.  I've always felt that the reason she married a guy three years younger, is because she doesn't want to be controlled and wants to be the one in charge.  

I'm not sure his age was a factor, per se, but yes, I think marrying Ben was an attempt at a strategic move on Jessa's part. She lacked the imagination and/or will to think outside the bounds of what she knew. And all she knew was that she had to be fundie, get married, and have babies. She also has just enough self-awareness to know she doesn't fit the mold of sweet, submissive wife she's supposed to and would chafe in a marriage with most fundie men. Enter Ben, someone who had all the right beliefs and is (allegedly) laid back enough not be controlling as long as she plays the game and gives in a few things to keep him malleable (Spurgeon's name is the obvious one, because that girl could not hide how much she loathed that name when they announced it). In the context of her lifestyle, I it was a pretty smart decision, but a damn sad one in the real world.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Ben has an associate degree in political science, I believe.

And yet, no matter how much they run into him at the TTH, JB and Jed! never ask his thoughts on the campaign. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14

Ben is kind of a mix of Derick and Jeremy. He tried to take advantage of his 'celebrity' with the rapper dude and sports camp but failed. He also tried the philosophical posts like Derick and we all know how that flies.

He seems to be on the long term can't-go-to-school-while-my-wife-has-babies education plan. So it appears little Benny-boy has got himself into a little pickle. However he does seem to be paid well for not doing much, so I guess he has that going for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben is kind of a mix of Derick and Jeremy. He tried to take advantage of his 'celebrity' with the rapper dude and sports camp but failed. He also tried the philosophical posts like Derick and we all know how that flies.

He seems to be on the long term can't-go-to-school-while-my-wife-has-babies education plan. So it appears little Benny-boy has got himself into a little pickle. However he does seem to be paid well for not doing much, so I guess he has that going for him.

That football camp was entirely TLC.  There are professional organizations that put  together one or two day football or basketball youth camps all over the country all year long.  They are very popular in small communities that lack the resources to provide this type of exposure level camp.  Normally someone like Bin, would not be involved because of his lack of proper training.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Bin is also pissed at his parents and jealous of his siblings. Jessica is surely using birth control and has a real job and his teen sister Michelle is allowed a normal relationship with a boy. I doubt they are pushing Michelle into marriage with that teen boy. The other sister is also working. Bin is doing what? Homeschooling his wife's siblings and getting a tiny allowance for it. He's too good for a regular job because he's been on teevee, or what?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Did anyone else notice Ben's hands in the picture with the boys?  He's not actually hugging them--his hands are in fists on either side of them.  Just struck me as very odd.

I don't think his hands are in fists, just curled inward. I do the same thing. 

I give Ben credit because I think he enjoys his kids. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Did anyone else notice Ben's hands in the picture with the boys?  He's not actually hugging them--his hands are in fists on either side of them.  Just struck me as very odd.

That is weird, I can’t say I’ve seen anyone do that

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I too, think they are just curled inward. I do the same thing when I am overthinking where to put my hands or just what to do with them. I know, I am weird.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Bin is also pissed at his parents and jealous of his siblings. Jessica is surely using birth control and has a real job and his teen sister Michelle is allowed a normal relationship with a boy. I doubt they are pushing Michelle into marriage with that teen boy. The other sister is also working. Bin is doing what? Homeschooling his wife's siblings and getting a tiny allowance for it. He's too good for a regular job because he's been on teevee, or what?

Danielle Seewald is working. I'm not so sure about Michelle Seewald. She'll be 18 in February. It wouldn't be surprising if she was engaged this year and got married by fall 2021. 

I didn't notice Ben's hands until it was pointed out. Very odd. Most parents naturally touch or hug their children in pictures. Ben's face may be smiling, but his body is not. 

Jess seems to be increasing posts of my-husband-loves-his-kids pictures.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

The fists make sense since he’s leaning forward and propping up the kids. 

Yeah, as the couch is leather, maybe the boys are prone to sliding off with their wee lightweight bodies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Danielle Seewald is working. I'm not so sure about Michelle Seewald. She'll be 18 in February. It wouldn't be surprising if she was engaged this year and got married by fall 2021. 

Michelle was working at Chik-Fil-A. Not sure if she's still there, though. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, as the couch is leather, maybe the boys are prone to sliding off with their wee lightweight bodies.

The couch is micro-suede, but it's probably slippery due to Jessa giving birth/hemorrhaging on it.

Ben is so so dorky.

Definitely a posed event.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

My goodness, they really do read here.

Hospitable and knowing folks deeply. Very large learning curve for the Duggars.

And Jessa, it's 2020, shouldn't you have started out last year watching that video?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa wants to be more hospitable. There's a video I didn't watch. 😁

And to think I could have gone to my grave without knowing this important information. Thanks Jessa... 🙄 

Edited by Namaste
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

My goodness, they really do read here.

Hospitable and knowing folks deeply. Very large learning curve for the Duggars.

And Jessa, it's 2020, shouldn't you have started out last year watching that video?

I think their public relations person reads here 🙂. All the young women in the family suddenly have similar social media - from Jesse’s instructional videos to Jana’s gushing love and instagrammable images, to Anna and Jills cute and happy kid shots. All of them are projecting images of happiness, warmth, and love packaged as aspirational social media tidbits and I just don’t think any of them are smart enough to craft this on their own. Someone mentioned Laura?  Maybe it’s her. 
I just can’t find any of their recent social media so cute or adorable or “normal” because I feel they are pushing extra hard to fight the truth about them that every year is learned about by more and more people.  The adults in this family are just vile for continuing to perpetuate the long con their parents started. 

Edited by Mojitogirl
  • Love 23
10 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I think their public relations person reads here
I just can’t find any of their recent social media so cute or adorable or “normal” because I feel they are pushing extra hard to fight the truth about them that every year is learned about by more and more people.  The adults in this family are just vile for continuing to perpetuate the long con their parents started. 

Agree

that all of them have upped their social media in very similar ways, at about the same time is interesting/suspicious.

also it seems maybe about the same time the Jed! 2020 campaign was launched

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Agree

that all of them have upped their social media in very similar ways, at about the same time is interesting/suspicious.

also it seems maybe about the same time the Jed! 2020 campaign was launched

Or..... TLC needs more weddings and babies..... to even start filming again.  And then providing a paycheck to the family entity.  They all need to  start earning a few dollars,  which is a good  thing.  And with Jing and Jer in CA, filming that little one would come with rules that TLC and Figure 8  have learned with the recent Gosselin illegal filming,  must be followed.  A two hour update special twice a year could be the future.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I have a favorite Jack Handey "Deep Thought" that I can definitely picture Jessa saying (at least to herself) -- Some people are like slinkies. They don're really have a purpose. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs. 

After reading this, someone more savvy than me can post a gif of Richard Whidmark in the Kiss of Death wheelchair scene.  Perfect analogies of Jessa.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Or..... TLC needs more weddings and babies..... to even start filming again.  And then providing a paycheck to the family entity.  They all need to  start earning a few dollars,  which is a good  thing.  And with Jing and Jer in CA, filming that little one would come with rules that TLC and Figure 8  have learned with the recent Gosselin illegal filming,  must be followed.  A two hour update special twice a year could be the future.

I think the Gosselin thing is two different things and neither involve CA regulations. I believe PA passed regulations for filming minors in reality shows, just because of the Gosselins. And the latest thing is part of Jon's and Kate's divorce agreement. He needs to approve any filming of the minor children. He didn't this last time and apparently the kids were filmed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the Gosselin thing is two different things and neither involve CA regulations. I believe PA passed regulations for filming minors in reality shows, just because of the Gosselins. And the latest thing is part of Jon's and Kate's divorce agreement. He needs to approve any filming of the minor children. He didn't this last time and apparently the kids were filmed.

CA rules are far more stringent than PA. Figure 8 would not attempt to game CA.  

• Useful 4

So who are all of these once a month dinner guests that Benessa have been entertaining? We've seen no social media pics or references. She talked as if this is something they've been doing for awhile now, yet her specific examples were things her parents did. I was feeling a little bit sorry for her, thinking that she and Ben must feel the need for more friends, but then I realized that this video is mostly an attempt to monetize her youtube channel.

Her tips included using paper dishes and giving everyone a water bottle (and she noted that they recycle). She did repeatedly admit that being hostess doesn't come easily to her, and I totally relate to that.

Ivy is super cute! And while Spurgeon is undeniably beautiful, his head looked gigantic; so did his ear. He must have been too close to the camera 😂

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

So who are all of these once a month dinner guests that Benessa have been entertaining? We've seen no social media pics or references. She talked as if this is something they've been doing for awhile now, yet her specific examples were things her parents did. I was feeling a little bit sorry for her, thinking that she and Ben must feel the need for more friends, but then I realized that this video is mostly an attempt to monetize her youtube channel.

Her tips included using paper dishes and giving everyone a water bottle (and she noted that they recycle). She did repeatedly admit that being hostess doesn't come easily to her, and I totally relate to that.

Ivy is super cute! And while Spurgeon is undeniably beautiful, his head looked gigantic; so did his ear. He must have been too close to the camera 😂

I bet she's mostly "entertaining" her siblings. Maybe some people from church. Note that of her ice breakers was how they came to Christ (yes, I watched it). She may not even know her own siblings' testimonies, let alone their spouses.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

I am not irreligious and am not much of a drinker, but there is not enough damn alcohol in the world to get me through a dinner with anyone, but especially Jessa, in which this is an actual ice breaker. 

Well, she did qualify it, noting they would do this with their Christian guests. I wondered what other kind would they ever invite into their home?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm distracted in Jessa's video by her kids.  Ivy is so adorable and then when Spurgeon comes over and cuddles with/kisses her, just. too. cute. 

After reading your comment, I went to watch for the kids only. I only turned the sound on when I could see Spurgeon was speaking. At the 4 minute mark or so, Ivy looks at Jessa with the best, "will you stfu" look ever. lol.

Why she needed to make a 15 minute video on how to entertain "friends" is beyond me.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Her tips included using paper dishes and giving everyone a water bottle (and she noted that they recycle). She did repeatedly admit that being hostess doesn't come easily 

That is pathetic, I’m sorry, to tell the rest of us to use paper plates as if this is an amazing hostessing tip. Wow, thanks Martha Stewart 🙄

”the house, the food, the conversation”- too funny!  All areas where she has shown us proof of her lack of skills!

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I bet she's mostly "entertaining" her siblings. Maybe some people from church. Note that of her ice breakers was how they came to Christ (yes, I watched it). She may not even know her own siblings' testimonies, let alone their spouses.

Ha, yes, they must only have Christian guests then!  I can’t imagine their stories can have much variation. “I grew up in a Christian home, at age 3 I realized I was a terrible sinner. I had no choice but to believe this, and here I am today!”  

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she did qualify it, noting they would do this with their Christian guests. I wondered what other kind would they ever invite into their home?

They’d invite nonChristians and people who worship the wrong Jesus, and then try to convert them. 

I almost feel sorry for Jessa if she thinks she is imparting knowledge to her poor dumb fans.  Just how stupid would someone have to be to find this "information" on hosting to be new and unheard of?

• Love 22
3 hours ago, awaken said:

That is pathetic, I’m sorry, to tell the rest of us to use paper plates as if this is an amazing hostessing tip. Wow, thanks Martha Stewart 🙄

”the house, the food, the conversation”- too funny!  All areas where she has shown us proof of her lack of skills!

Ha, yes, they must only have Christian guests then!  I can’t imagine their stories can have much variation. “I grew up in a Christian home, at age 3 I realized I was a terrible sinner. I had no choice but to believe this, and here I am today!”  

I am a big fan of paper plates...if I am having a group of people I like to use paper plates...We learned about Hygge while in Denmark....Hygge is-- a Danish and Norwegian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment. You invite someone over and the focus is on conversation and comfort...low lighting...minimum fuss ...so paper plates means I can focus more on the people and we can all stay out of the kitchen....I would say I would use more formal dishes etc for event type hosting...showers , anniversary...I think I used to use HGTV and The food network guidelines as my HOW TO for events...lol....it just became too much...I like it that I can create and environment where people can come to relax...

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

The postive: Ivy is a total cutie pie. Those eyes. She's a lovely little girl who looks well cared for. 

I don't see them using her as a prop like poor FeliciTee. She seems like a happy little cutie pie. Jessa is  not using Ivy or the boys as an instagram prop, for this, I am thankful.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

A two hour update special twice a year could be the future.

It would also be more interesting than the current series which is 6-12 months behind real time. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I almost feel sorry for Jessa if she thinks she is imparting knowledge to her poor dumb fans.  Just how stupid would someone have to be to find this "information" on hosting to be new and unheard of?

I’d be interested to know who suggested that she do a tutorial video on entertaining.  I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Martha Stewart.

• LOL 13
35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly. Jessa is also exploiting her kids for money and attention.

I just wanted to add that IMO Jessa's videos are worse than Jinger's pictures. Taking a picture however staged and/or posting videos of them engaged in some random activity (Jinger) is less invasive/exploitative than having your kids: sing on cue, read on cue, answer questions on cue...etc. Jessa has her kids actively performing for the camera. Maybe Jinger and Jeremy will eventually get there when Felicity is older, but right now J&B have J&J beat. 

• Love 16