Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Actually, I am not sure Ballinger is still connected to Story's firm. Hmm. Or that he is still practicing law. Double hmm. 

Edited to add: Maybe he is and he just sucks at Google search rankings. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Zella said:

Actually, I am not sure Ballinger is still connected to Story's firm. Hmm. Or that he is still practicing law. Double hmm. 

Edited to add: Maybe he is and he just sucks at Google search rankings. 

Or maybe over the years he's assembled a little group of, um, "special" super-holy clients who kinda sorta work together on various, um, scams projects (possibly some involving used-car lots) for which he acts as bagman and fixer legal representative for a nice quiet side slice to supplement his pay as a voice for the greedy dedicated servant of the people... And since they all know each other and, you know, trust each other and all, he can work for them alone and doesn't have to, you know, advertise to strangers.

Just a thought. 

Seems in keeping with things I've read in the past....😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, Tasya said:

The reason I believe Ben likely has a terrible attitude both at home and with people in the public is that IMO he's the most impotent (not physically but functionally) in-law. Austin works for himself, Derrick is in Law school and will eventually work for himself, Jeremy, as much as his "career" is derided is also not on the JB assistance plan. Ben has NOTHING. He has no skills, presumably no desire to gain skills and is wholly dependent upon his father-in-law. I bet he has a very deep well of frustration and anger just waiting to boil over. 

I wonder if he's pissed/jealous that his sisters are able to have careers before getting saddled with husbands and kids. 

• Love 24
22 hours ago, Tasya said:

The reason I believe Ben likely has a terrible attitude both at home and with people in the public is that IMO he's the most impotent (not physically but functionally) in-law. Austin works for himself, Derrick is in Law school and will eventually work for himself, Jeremy, as much as his "career" is derided is also not on the JB assistance plan. Ben has NOTHING. He has no skills, presumably no desire to gain skills and is wholly dependent upon his father-in-law. I bet he has a very deep well of frustration and anger just waiting to boil over. 

I'll always remember those first couple of Jill & Jessa: Counting On episodes...Ben was noticeably angry, and NOT just at Josh. He was so clearly over all of it. Jessa, her family, the show...just frustrated and angry that his life didn't pan out as he thought it would by marrying a Duggar.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Or maybe over the years he's assembled a little group of, um, "special" super-holy clients who kinda sorta work together on various, um, scams projects (possibly some involving used-car lots) for which he acts as bagman and fixer legal representative for a nice quiet side slice to supplement his pay as a voice for the greedy dedicated servant of the people... And since they all know each other and, you know, trust each other and all, he can work for them alone and doesn't have to, you know, advertise to strangers.

Just a thought. 

Seems in keeping with things I've read in the past....😁

That's . . . entirely possible, especially with his involvement in that college scandal. 

Fun fact: I was once at a local fair a couple of years ago where Ballinger was supposed to man the Republican table, which was next to the table I was operating for a local charity. Instead of working the table, he left and wandered off to God knows where while he left his kids at the table. They had no clue on what to do, could not answer questions (because they were, like, 10 or so and didn't know anything), and were loud and obnoxious and unprofessional. Once he came back and did his token sit on his ass moment for 15 minutes, they all left, and the people who replaced them--fellow members of his own party--would not stop bitching about him and his family. 

The only nice thing I can say about Ballinger in my personal interactions with him and his family is that his wife seems like a nice lady. That's all I got. LOL

In any event, you could not pay me to hire Ballinger as an attorney. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 15
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I wonder if he's pissed/jealous that his sisters are able to have careers before getting saddled with husbands and kids. 

I think he's more like Derick, angry that he can't be loud and wrong on camera.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yeah I can't stand Derick or Jeremy, but I am not convinced Jeremy knows anything about business, despite his business degree. His lack of basic marketing know-how is startling. I can see how Derick, with his accounting and now legal training, would be in a better position to comprehend this stuff. 

I think Jim Bob will use Travis Story since they're already pals and are ideologically compatible. Maybe Bob Ballinger if he wants to be flashy since he is connected to Story's firm. Ballinger practices law, but I have never actually came across anyone who used him as an attorney. 😂 If I were hiring an attorney in the NWA area, Story is not personally the one I know of as people hiring when they want to scare the shit out of their opponent. 

Didn’t Jeremy drop out of business school ?

• Love 1
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Didn’t Jeremy drop out of business school ?

Yes, he dropped out of an MBA program, but my understanding--perhaps incorrect--is he has a bachelor's in business. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'll always remember those first couple of Jill & Jessa: Counting On episodes...Ben was noticeably angry, and NOT just at Josh. He was so clearly over all of it. Jessa, her family, the show...just frustrated and angry that his life didn't pan out as he thought it would by marrying a Duggar.

Poster boy for: Be Careful What You (and Your Delusional Dad) Wish For. 

It's okay, Bin. That's an idea that needs an effective poster boy. 

You'll do. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

I love how everybody assumes that will be enough work, it would be possible to print out all of Jim Bob’s financial shenanigans. I’m sure all the really really really good stuff is off the books. 

• Love 12
Just now, JoanArc said:

I love how everybody assumes that will be enough work, it would be possible to print out all of Jim Bob’s financial shenanigans. I’m sure all the really really really good stuff is off the books. 

That's so true. They need a strike team that will give Jim Bob some truth serum. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's so true. They need a strike team that will give Jim Bob some truth serum. 😂

I’m betting he shit himself with homeland security started nosing around.

Sometimes the feds will make a very public display of coming in and asking questions and maybe implying that you’re a suspect in something. When they go away without making any accusations, they are still watching closely, since most people fall over themselves to destroy evidence or cover things up, which exposes more crimes. This strategy is tailor-made for someone like Jim Bob.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m betting he shit himself with homeland security started nosing around.

Sometimes the feds will make a very public display of coming in and asking questions and maybe implying that you’re a suspect in something. When they go away without making any accusations, they are still watching closely, since most people fall over themselves to destroy evidence or cover things up, which exposes more crimes. This strategy is tailor-made for someone like Jim Bob.

If there's one thing I have learned from reading true crime--it's almost always the cover-up that gets you. Well, that or not paying taxes on your ill-gotten gains. 😂

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

For some reason impossible for me to comprehend being married to a Duggar seems to go to people's heads. 

Right if I was related to these people I would tell no one, I’d be so embarrassed.

2 hours ago, lascuba said:

What did he expect exactly? I genuinely wonder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

Right if I was related to these people I would tell no one, I’d be so embarrassed.

What did he expect exactly? I genuinely wonder.

I really think he had a "heart for ministry," which means he saw himself as a preacher and saw marriage into the Duggar universe as an instant giant audience. He used to spend his weekends "preaching" in front of abortion clinics, and when he first got married his instagram was full of fire-and-brimstone. I suspect it was a shock for him to discover that TLC wasn't going to provide that platform.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Ben was so young and he wanted the hot girl and to become a preacher. I remember one episode where Jessa cooked dinner and made an apple pie with Ben's sisters, for Ben when he returned home from work. I really think he believed that is how his life was going to be. Jessa was very shy and unsure in the beginning.

Ben's dream of being a preacher, coming home to a clean house and dinner, and being met at the door by his hot, demure wife is so far from reality.

Ben travels back and forth between the TTH and his house, with his controlling wife and three kids, and makes the family dinner.

Not even close to his dream, his parents' marriage or JB's and M's marriage. 

To me, the marriage retreat had me thinking their marriage resembled an older couple who have been married for years and had settled into a comfortable companion-like relationship. You do you, I'll do me, but it's great to have you around.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

To me, the marriage retreat had me thinking their marriage resembled an older couple who have been married for years and had settled into a comfortable companion-like relationship. You do you, I'll do me, but it's great to have you around.

That episode was the first one I'd ever watched, and I was sort of surprised that they got along better--or appeared to--than I had expected. I thought it was pretty telling that they couldn't work together on a project and just made their own individual projects instead. I guess over the years they've probably just realized to get along it's maybe better to have something of a divide between them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben was so young and he wanted the hot girl and to become a preacher. I remember one episode where Jessa cooked dinner and made an apple pie with Ben's sisters, for Ben when he returned home from work. I really think he believed that is how his life was going to be. Jessa was very shy and unsure in the beginning.

Ben's dream of being a preacher, coming home to a clean house and dinner, and being met at the door by his hot, demure wife is so far from reality.

Ben travels back and forth between the TTH and his house, with his controlling wife and three kids, and makes the family dinner.

OMG. Co-sign all of this. 

• Love 6

From watching Jessa through the years, I've come to the conclusion that she's the female version of her dad.... in terms of personality.  Controlling, wants things her way, etc.   Just an instinct that I have.

I've always noticed back in the 19 Kids and Counting era and the Counting On era.. that whenever Jessa/Jinger were interviewed together.. Jessa was the dominate one with Jinger being the sweet docile one.  So I can see Jessa just assuming she can come visit Jinger whenever she wants with Jinger just figuring it's easy to say nothing than put up a fight... just like when they were growing up.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree with all of this except Jessa was never shy and demure. She was always the spunky bossypants of the J-slaves. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think it was what Ben was expecting. I think Jessa is manipulative and knew how to play the part of the demure fundie wife for the nanonseconds they were "courting." 

Here's a video of Jessa and Jinger around that no good horrible Ashley Madison time. Jinger seems genuinely shell-shocked behind the rehearsed answers. Jessa's all about HER. You can tell she's thinking "How do I make MYSELF look good during this time?"

• Love 6
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Michelle skipped the "anybody can make him a sandwich" talk with Jesse 😏 Ben brings home the bacon & fries it up in the pan, they never even heard the last part of that commercial, well Ben might have.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

^^Nailed it. I'll give Jill this. For all her insecurities and status as big-time Kool-aid drinker, Jill has shown warmth and friendliness to strangers. Whatever happened in Central America, I think she was more open to meeting and talking with people there than Jessa would have been in a million years.

Yes, she's following her headship Derick, but still, Jill has been attending a big church, and interacting with people from other countries, and venturing to the public library. It's probably one step forward and two steps back for her, but I wish her the best.

It's easier for me to feel that way about Jill because she's not a mean girl like Jessa. Who has her insecurities tightly wrapped up and stashed in her purse, along with Ben's balls, while she acts large and in charge of everything possible within her tight circle. And fights to hold on to her TV stah status with tightly clenched hands. Just as I wouldn't want to get between JB and a dollar? I wouldn't want to wander into the sight line between Jessa and a video camera. 

While Jill and Derick were living in CA, Jill hosted/ran some sort of ministry towards women down there. One of the women was crying and Jill sat there stone-faced. Now Jill needed a translator to translate for her, but usually tears require no translation.  Jill did not come off warm and loving while in CA and towards the people there. I realize she was out of her comfort zone, but there seemed no natural warmth there. She also can be cold towards her kids. 

Jessa, to me, comes off loving towards her family and friends.

Jessa seems fearful and unsure of how to react in the outside. She seems like she may want to control things. Those reactions match a childhood spent isolated in a cult and parents who fly off the handle at little things like an adult daughter holding hands with her boyfriend!

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

I really don’t find Jessa loving to family and friends 🤔

With Jill and the woman crying in DA, that picture made sense to me. J and M raised their kids to be removed  from their emotions, Jill had no idea what to do with someone else showing emotion. That particular photo brought home to me how emotionally damaged the Duggar kids are 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Another Jessa video. This time, how to cut Spurgeon's hair.

Spurgeon really needs to be in a DISNEY movie.  He is the most adorable little boy!  I had two sons that were both very pretty as preschoolers but Spurgeon just photographs spectacularly well.

• Love 8

That soda tastes nothing like grapefruit and Aloe Vera water isn't that adventurous they sell it at Wal-Mart and I've even seen it at the dollar store. 

She's definitely just a boring person who's used to an atrocious beige diet.

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 19
On 1/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, JoanArc said:

Jingle’s best revenge is living the life Jessa would want if she were actually assertive and not just mean girl assertive. 

Actually, I thought Jinger’s new life would have been Jessa’s. After all Jessa was the hot one. The one the guys were after. Heck, even Ben’s mother didn’t think he had a snow ball chance in hades. I hate to say this, but based on their current appearances, Jinger and Jessa don’t seem to belong  in the same circle.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, louannems said:

Spurgeon really needs to be in a DISNEY movie.  He is the most adorable little boy!  I had two sons that were both very pretty as preschoolers but Spurgeon just photographs spectacularly well.

Spurge is cute, but in so many of his photos I see Jessa’s smirk on him

I can’t unsee it once I see it 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

After visiting the Vuolos, Ben and Jessa must have decided to try their hand at pretentious foodie posts too. 

If it were up to Ben, his life would definitely resemble Jeremy and Jinger’s. Jessa strikes me as the type to order the same thing when they go out, while Ben would be the more adventurous type.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

That soda tastes nothing like grapefruit and Aloe Vera water isn't that adventurous they sell it at Wal-Mart and I've even seen it at the dollar store. 

She's definitely just a boring person who's used to an atrocious beige diet.

I'm definitely not an adverturous eater and anything new and out of my comfort zone makes me  nervous. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Depending on the brand, aloe water can be loaded with added sugar. Not sure about the one Bin is drinking though.

OKF (the brand based on the bottle label) definitely has a significant amount of sugar to it. I found this out using google. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Jessa is definitely the most limited of the Duggar girls. Not in terms of intelligence or personality, but what she deems "adventurous."

In fact this could become a theme. Things Jessa finds "adventurous."

Like "Wow Ben, he's a crazy one. He decided to take the kids to the park today for a stroll. Such an adventure!"

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I still think Ben would’ve been happier with Jinger.  😂

I don't think so. Yeah Jinger is more adventurous, but most of the problems would be still be there.

Ben's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a career beyond his reality television star.  He also doesn't have much of an education to fall back on when that dries up. 

This leaves him dependent on both the show and JB for money. If he married Jinger, they probably be stuck in the same/similar enough situation that he and Jessa are in. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, Temperance said:

He also doesn't have much of an education to fall back on when that dries up. 

Doesn't he have an associates degree?  I know that not much, but it's far more than any of the actual Duggar kids have.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jessa is definitely the most limited of the Duggar girls. Not in terms of intelligence or personality, but what she deems "adventurous."

I think Jessa is the most aloof.  She seems wary of outsiders. For example, while each of her sisters appears to have a special friendship with one of the Bates' girls, Jessa does not.  I believe as a matter of principal, she will never wear pants or cut her hair.  She strikes me as the one who will hold on to what they were taught, no matter what.  I've always felt that the reason she married a guy three years younger, is because she doesn't want to be controlled and wants to be the one in charge.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Aloe water is also a laxative. Maybe Ben’s had a little too much of Jessa’s beige cooking and needs a little help.

I think that is Jill. Jessa has said Ben does most of the cooking and he likes variety. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Doesn't he have an associates degree?  I know that not much, but it's far more than any of the actual Duggar kids have.

Ben has an associate degree in political science, I believe.

• Useful 3