Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

At least Henry is getting help. Jessa could have expected to be beaten to shite for the same thing

Naw.  Her parents would have just been happy that she didn't talk back.

17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I agree 100%. 

@Jynnan tonnix is right that it wouldn't hurt Jessa to show some appreciation for Ben's "love language," but why does it ALWAYS have to be the woman who accommodates and makes changes? If Ben "loves" Jessa so very much, shouldn't that imply that he KNOWS something about her -- and CARES how she feels. It didn't occur to Ben for one minute to TALK to her, to LISTEN to her, and to demonstrate to her that he HEARD her.

This is a big pet peeve of mine, and I truly hope and believe that we are making some headway in changing the way we raise boys.

Exactly. I never read the book about love languages but from what I know about the topic, it seems to me that, yes, understand and accept how others show affection but, more importantly, understand and accept how others want to be shown affection. It's galling to me Ben kept on going with the generic "what all girls want" route instead of actually paying attention to what Jessa liked, and that Jessa just had to pretend she was moved by something she wasn't at all into.

• Love 13
On 11/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, ginger90 said:

Just watched Amazon's holiday commercial on tv and it had a lesbian couple kissing 😁.

If I was unemployed, home all day, and spending someone else's money I would also become a shopping addict.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Now i can only wonder, how long it'll be before another cuddle bug (bun) is in the oven?

I do like the plaid shirt.  Now if Jessa would just wear pants in front of her fucked-up family, I might think she has hope to not pop out another dozen kids.  I'm not hopeful of that, because she so minimized what Sex Pest (Turd) did to her and the other girls.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Lunera said:

If I was unemployed, home all day, and spending someone else's money I would also become a shopping addict.

I will stand up for Jessa here. She’s not doing nothing all day—she’s raising three kids and running the household. I’m not saying she’s homemaker of the year, but she seems to be a decent mother and wife. I don’t know if you consider her to be spending Ben’s money, but I would take issue with that as well. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I thought it looked very thin and pointy.  Photoshopped???

Photoshopped or maybe the angle. Not a pleasant look either way. Here she is at her wedding. She was skinny but still had a jaw.

1540481075663.jpeg

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I thought it looked very thin and pointy.  Photoshopped???

Lightly facetunned. Amy clearly phothopped the picture of her and Dax on the railing.  The entire family must’ve figured out how to use it now .

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I would love it if Ben had a non-JB related job in the real world (with benefits even.) But I doubt a real world job would allow him to take off time to teach (on a Monday morning no less.) 

Twice we have seen Ben being an instructor for the Duggar Academy.  Once on the show when they did the all grade math lesson with a trip to the grocery story. The second  was just last week when Mechelle referenced him teaching in her "What raid?- it's just a normal Monday morning here at the TTH" post.

• Love 12
On 11/24/2019 at 10:48 AM, lascuba said:

Exactly. I never read the book about love languages but from what I know about the topic, it seems to me that, yes, understand and accept how others show affection but, more importantly, understand and accept how others want to be shown affection. It's galling to me Ben kept on going with the generic "what all girls want" route instead of actually paying attention to what Jessa liked, and that Jessa just had to pretend she was moved by something she wasn't at all into.

Of course another thing going on in this situation is that their entire culture views both sexes in 100-percent stereotypical terms.....(and deals with single people vs. married people, children vs. adults, and so on also in  stereotypical terms, of course). .... 

They have a "theology" that pretty much says -- All women want the same thing. All men want the same thing. What women want and what men want are completely different. 

I think of that ridiculous photo of all the pregnant women in the gauzy pastel gowns that kicked off the Counting On PR this season....It screamed, "We're ALL just alike and we all love pastels, pretty long locks and flowers!" 

In a very fundamental way, they're vehemently warned against looking at anybody as an individual, especially where something they deem to be a sex-related trait is concerned. 

So I expect that simultaneous demands to assume all women (or all men) are alike and to carefully look out for someone being totally at variance with your culture's preferred stereotype and treating that woman completely differently would be somewhat confounding. (even if you weren't as slow on the uptake as Bin)

Plus, of course, they barely knew each other before they were married. They spent little actual time together and were actively discouraged from having a lot of conversations without the intrusive Duggar parents or some kid present.

When you've been presented with nothing but stereotypes and told those stereotypes are God's plan and you aren't allowed to actually get to know the other person, it's unlikely you're going to figure out their quirks very soon, seems to me. I can't blame Bin for making his mistake with that early on. He was following the script that he'd been given. And for these people,  following the script is the only thing that supposedly keeps you from an eternity of literal hellfire. 

Now, I can and do blame Meechelle for telling Jessa to respond positively to whatever Bin put out there instead of telling her to talk it over with him......But what else would idiot brainwasher-in-chief say? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, Madtown said:

I clicked on the link, but it's an 8 minute video. Not watching it..lol The pictures are cute though.

Jessa sure wants the world to know that Spurge is potty trained.  This is at least the second picture of him wearing ONLY big boy undies.  She could have been more subtle by doing a picture with the underpant's band peaking out of the waistband of his regular pants but no, she goes all out to make sure her public notices him wearing only his drawers & no pants. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Maybe the no-pants thing is part of the potty training? I've never potty trained a kid, so I don't really know. It just seems like it might be easier/faster for him to just have to pull underwear up and down rather than underwear AND pants, so maybe this is a way of making it so he can be more independent in his toileting?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't put pics of a kid in just his underwear on social media the way she does, but at the same time, I think it's healthy that she assumes there's absolutely nothing "immodest" about it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

Maybe the no-pants thing is part of the potty training? I've never potty trained a kid, so I don't really know. It just seems like it might be easier/faster for him to just have to pull underwear up and down rather than underwear AND pants, so maybe this is a way of making it so he can be more independent in his toileting?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't put pics of a kid in just his underwear on social media the way she does, but at the same time, I think it's healthy that she assumes there's absolutely nothing "immodest" about it.

This is very true.  Many people do the underwear only so it's faster and easier for the kids.  

Like you I'm not a fan of posting the underwear only photos on Instagram and would never do it.

• Love 15

Ivy is just adorable ! I really like the pic of her and her Mommy. It's just a happy photo, one that I can not make fun of.

Compared to Jinger and her asshole husband and their branded pictures, I have to give Jessa the win here. I do appreciate she just shows cute pics of her kids (some are not so adorable, but who cares) and does not have to pose, posture, detail, and hire a director, producer, screen writer and cinematographer to attempt to make a perfect pic to post on social media to make pretend life is perfection.

• Love 20

In the video, she does a really nice job of explaining how she made those three pictures. Honestly, I want to make some too now that I’ve seen her tutorial, which is a win for her in terms of being a social media influencer. 

• Love 10

I like the idea of some fundie having a birthing she-shed.

But Jessa needs to have her babies in a hospital. She's hemorrhaged twice now. Hemorrhaging after a birth is incredibly dangerous and if it's happened, it increases the chances it will happen again. Most people would have given up on homebirths after the first time where she actually needed a blood tranfusion.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben is still in school? How many semesters has he taken off? 

This is a cute picture, and Ivy is a very pretty baby...I see a hint of Smuggar in her features here, though, so hopefully those will not get more pronounced as she grows...

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This is a cute picture, and Ivy is a very pretty baby...I see a hint of Smuggar in her features here, though, so hopefully those will not get more pronounced as she grows...

I like that Jessa never dresses Ivy in pink.  Or uncomfortable, scratchy dresses.  She always looks comfy and gender neutral.  I'm surprised, actually.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I like that Jessa never dresses Ivy in pink.  Or uncomfortable, scratchy dresses.  She always looks comfy and gender neutral.  I'm surprised, actually.

Jessa really rubs me the wrong way most of the time, but I do have to give her props for seeming to be much less uptight about gender and clothes with her kids than any of her other siblings. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
On 11/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, Lukeysboat said:

I will stand up for Jessa here. She’s not doing nothing all day—she’s raising three kids and running the household. I’m not saying she’s homemaker of the year, but she seems to be a decent mother and wife. I don’t know if you consider her to be spending Ben’s money, but I would take issue with that as well. 

And for someone that didn't have a heart for children I am still to this day shocked that she is turning out to be a good mother and devoting time to her kids. She seems to really LOVE them. I don't see that with Jill. Kudos to Jessa. I'm sure there will be lots more but as long as she wants to be a mother more power to her.

• Love 13
Spoiler

There's no spoiler.

Of course Spurgeon and Henry are inseparable and best friends, they're never around any other kids except their cousins. Hard to have friends when you don't meet anyone outside your own family.

• Love 11