Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I get the feeling Bin gives in constantly to keep the peace, and that's not a very pleasant way to live

It's not so bad if you are naturally accommodating...it's pretty much the role I've played for going on 35 years. I honestly don't like having to make decisions - it's majorly stressful to me, and I constantly overthink whether I've made the right choices. Mr. Jyn hates to be disagreed with, but 90% of the time, his choices are, if not always exactly what I might have done, at least perfectly good. So he runs things. I've put my foot down maybe four or five times since we've been married, and did get my way in the end, but it was not a fun process.

It's possible that Ben doesn't necessarily feel emasculated, but just likes peace better than argument, and doesn't majorly disagree with Jessa overall. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Same. And the Kardashians are actually educated people for the most part. Not to mention incredible businesswoman, and kajillionaires. I'd be intimidated! The Duggars ...snooze.... you love jesus ok got it. 

You know, I've never watched a single K episode before, nor have I ever had the interest to watch.  But now my interest is slightly more but I only want to watch one episode.  Which one will give me a general overview of them?  What channel are they on.  I'm sure I can find them on on demand.

• Love 2

I remember an ep where Jesse was buying hobby horses from an op shop? 

Bin did a talking head where he said he often gives in to Jesse to keep the peace or something along picking your battles kind of thing 

Anyway, he look completely defeated at the time he was talking 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

You know, I've never watched a single K episode before, nor have I ever had the interest to watch.  But now my interest is slightly more but I only want to watch one episode.  Which one will give me a general overview of them?  What channel are they on.  I'm sure I can find them on on demand.

Their show is on E, but their images are so carefully crafted that they are all playing themselves.   I have caught bits of the show over the years, and they are definitely not as vapid in real life as what they produce for TV.  There is no way Kim and Kylie could have amassed their fortunes if they really are.  I honestly think they are rather brilliant in the way they seized fame and fortune while creating TV characters out of their real lives. Much will be written about them and their keen understanding of human nature decades from now. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Their show is on E, but their images are so carefully crafted that they are all playing themselves.   I have caught bits of the show over the years, and they are definitely not as vapid in real life as what they produce for TV.  There is no way Kim and Kylie could have amassed their fortunes if they really are.  I honestly think they are rather brilliant in the way they seized fame and fortune while creating TV characters out of their real lives. Much will be written about them and their keen understanding of human nature decades from now. 

They are indeed very astute business women.  Kris Jenner taught them well.  She is a deal-maker extraordinaire.  I've probably seen about 75% to 80% of the episodes since the show started over a decade ago.  Some of the episodes are silly and semi-scripted, you can tell.  Other times, it's very real and raw, like when Kim was robbed in Paris and her fear afterwards, or when Khloe was going though that mess with Lamar.  I'll say this:  they are geniuses (especially Kris Jenner) in making money and making news.  I know a lot of people hate them, but I have no problem with them.  That being said, I do think the whole Kanye church thing, even though it was presumably Kanye's idea, is no doubt being pushed and exploited by Kris for maximum exposure and money.  There's nothing she won't do to keep the publicity train running and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't have a finger or two in this pie. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Mya said:

is this something new ? or has she spoken about this before?

I don't think it's been mentioned before.  If it had, there would have been endless discussions about speech delay in children and how she's doing everything wrong.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't think it's been mentioned before.  If it had, there would have been endless discussions about speech delay in children and how she's doing everything wrong.

To be fair, she only does about 90% wrong.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

If this has already been covered, I apologize in advance...

Ben and Jessa gifted Ben’s parents a trip to Scotland and England for their anniversary.  That couldn’t have been cheap.  How’d they afford to do that?

7 hours ago, Mya said:

I watched the show and saw Jessa talking about Henry being a little delayed and can't speak is this something new ? or has she spoken about this before?

Henry can talk!  I’ve heard him speak in an IG video, and he spoke clearly enough that I didn’t have a problem understanding him.  He didn’t say a lot, but he spoke like a typical toddler would.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I'm sure they get pretty good $$ from the show.  I am beginning to think that Jim Bob doesn't hold the TLC purse any longer.

Yes it's a generous gift, but wouldn't be in the best interest of all involved to decline it and tell them to save it for the future?  The gravy train is going to run out at some point and these two unemployable washed-up reality TV starts with a dozen kids are certainly going to be struggling.

• Love 12

Clearly the answer is Bin renegotiated with JB and got an extra 20 cents for every toilet he scrubs at the TTH. 

Plus he did tutor the Howlers and Howlerettes a couple of times. 

The Seewalds probably went now because it is low season and it would be overall much more affordable than high season.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Maybe they get to keep their frequent flier miles from the show...it wouldn’t be that hard to amass enough miles to buy two coach tickets to Europe. If all they gifted were the tickets, it wouldn’t cost them much.

I went to Scotland in April (loved it) and its much less expensive than the rest of the UK. That’s a nice gift, but I wouldn’t consider it an extravagant vacation. Especially if Jessa and Ben ARE being paid by the show regularly. And Jessa makes money from her Instagram. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Maybe they get to keep their frequent flier miles from the show...it wouldn’t be that hard to amass enough miles to buy two coach tickets to Europe. If all they gifted were the tickets, it wouldn’t cost them much.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they gifted Guinn and Michael frequent flier miles.  Some fundies I know "gifted" their parents with a paid trip to Ireland. They paid for the airfare and then the parents ended up grifting the hotel from friends of theirs who went with them. 

• Love 1

My son had a speech delay. Our local public school system took him at his 3rd birthday. They gave him speech therapy and he was the youngest student in the elementary school..just turned 3. He was in the pre-K class 3 days a week. Those speech lessons did him a world of good and he began speaking properly ever since. NO CHARGE for any of this. I have been grateful to the school system ever since. Jessa should check in to this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Their anniversary was last August (I share their exact anniversary). Why didn't they go then when the weather was nicer?

Maybe Jessa and Bin found some kind of package trip -- and chose a cheaper, off-season option.....It would make sense for them to have hunted for a bit of a travel bargain. They do have three kids, after all.

Nothing wrong with seeing England and Scotland in any season, really. Colder, rainier weather can make it seem more authentic, actually....And more reason to buy yourself a sweater....or some tweed...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

My son had a speech delay. Our local public school system took him at his 3rd birthday. They gave him speech therapy and he was the youngest student in the elementary school..just turned 3. He was in the pre-K class 3 days a week. Those speech lessons did him a world of good and he began speaking properly ever since. NO CHARGE for any of this. I have been grateful to the school system ever since. Jessa should check in to this.

My son did the same.  Every spring, my area has a program called Childfind.  It is an in depth screening program for three year olds.  My son was found delayed in speech (articulation) and some small motor delays.

Then he had to go through another longer screening where he was found eligible for preschool.  The little bus picked him up (he was 3 1/2 by the fall, and the bus was well supervised) four mornings a week. The preschool, at the public school, had twelve kids in the class, with a teacher an a speech therapist and an occupational therapist.

He was in this preschool for two years and it was wonderful.  My son spoke properly by kindergarten.  All of this was free.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

The Duggars scorn (and even if they don't admit it) fear public education. I think maybe Josh had a few years of public school (kindergarten? first grade?) - and I don't know about JD and Jana. But fairly early in their baby-making careers, JB and Meech went full-on Gothard/fundie/homeschool. After that NONE of the Duggar kids had even a hot minute being exposed to the toxic horrors that roam the corridors and playgrounds of public schools. 

Jessa's had it hammered into her head literally all her life, that public schools are bad bad bad. I don't know if Ben was 100% homeschooled or had some time in a public or private school; in any event the Seewald kids don't seem to have been as cloistered as the Duggars were.

I think Jessa would be adamantly opposed to enrolling any child of hers in any kind of public school program, ever, for any reason.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think someone on here should pull together a proposal and we should present Real Snarkers of Primetimer, to Bravo.

Lol I read this and I thought you wanted someone on here to infiltrate this family and propose to one of them 😂.I couldn’t do it my eyes would be constantly rolling, plus a girl proposing would go against all their headship BS, these people would see through me in a minute. 

• LOL 7
20 hours ago, Mya said:

I watched the show and saw Jessa talking about Henry being a little delayed and can't speak is this something new ? or has she spoken about this before?

I think they said Henry hasn't met some milestones & didn't mention speech specifically.  Maybe he needs occupational therapy for daily things involving his motor skills like eating, grasping & holding things, running, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Jessa and Bin found some kind of package trip -- and chose a cheaper, off-season option.....It would make sense for them to have hunted for a bit of a travel bargain. They do have three kids, after all.

Nothing wrong with seeing England and Scotland in any season, really. Colder, rainier weather can make it seem more authentic, actually....And more reason to buy yourself a sweater....or some tweed...

I read tweed as weed lol. Yeah they also need weed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if they gifted Guinn and Michael frequent flier miles.  Some fundies I know "gifted" their parents with a paid trip to Ireland. They paid for the airfare and then the parents ended up grifting the hotel from friends of theirs who went with them. 

Yes, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's the case. We already know that the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents aren't too Christian to outright lie to make themselves and each other look good. Giving Guinn and Michael their frequent-flier miles would cost Ben and Jessa nothing and could easily be exaggerated as "our wonderful children gave us a free trip because we're such awesome Godly parents #Godiskind#We'rebetterthanyouare".

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Is it me or is Jessa kinda obsessed with chocolate and bon bons? I feel like she references them more than any other Duggar.

If I recall correctly, they are all a little obsessed with candy. It's one of the few non-Jesus things that they are allowed and I think they may sublimate a lot of bad feelings with candy. It wouldn't surprise me if Josiah was eating his body weight in candy every day . . .

• Love 7
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and Ben giving his parents such an expensive anniversary gift surprised me. I think a while back, during one of the many times we all discussed finances and TLC earnings, it was guessed that the couples could make around $30,000 - $50,00 a year depending on number of episodes they filmed. Not bad pay for an effortless part-time job.

If the Seewalds can afford to give Ben's parents that gift and the Vuolos spend money like it's water, it seems that maybe the Duggars make substantially more.

I think someone on here should pull together a proposal and we should present Real Snarkers of Primetimer, to Bravo.

We can all agree to snark at certain times and the viewers can watch it play out live. I'm mean lets be real, we've had the equivalent of tables being flipped on here and we can pretty much turn any topic into a lively conversation. Didn't we even discuss toilet paper once?

Like Pillow Talk where former 90 Day Fiance couples snark on the previous episode of 90 Day Fiance?

21 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

No anniversary messages for Jessa and Ben? I know they got married on November 1 (my birthday). 
Guess they are too busy to post about each other.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures:

His mom is pretty.  And dresses normally.  That was nice of them to give that gift to his parents.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is eating in one's car ALL THE TIME a regional thing? I've eaten in my car plenty of times but not like weekly, or even monthly. 

Maybe.  I almost never eat in the car.  Maybe for a road trip I will get almonds or something but a meal, no.  I am pretty finicky where I eat since I like to be comfortable, spread my food out, and have a place to wash my hands.  I have a weird THING about my hands being clean and not sticky etc.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and Ben giving his parents such an expensive anniversary gift surprised me. I think a while back, during one of the many times we all discussed finances and TLC earnings, it was guessed that the couples could make around $30,000 - $50,00 a year depending on number of episodes they filmed. Not bad pay for an effortless part-time job.

If the Seewalds can afford to give Ben's parents that gift and the Vuolos spend money like it's water, it seems that maybe the Duggars make substantially more.

We can all agree to snark at certain times and the viewers can watch it play out live. I'm mean lets be real, we've had the equivalent of tables being flipped on here and we can pretty much turn any topic into a lively conversation. Didn't we even discuss toilet paper once?

As for what they make from TLC, don't forget that they are contractors who receive 1099s, not W2s. Half that income goes back to the IRS. Even if the family is paid $50k/episode, how many slices of pie does it have to be divided into? And with limited episodes and taxes, they're not making THAT much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, Puffin said:

Lol it’s says a dress Grandma Seewald wore as a baby, I thought it said Grandpa. And I thought whoa how progressive of the Duggars 😂

Used to be that boys wore dresses as babies and toddlers. It was a big deal when they got big enough to wear “short pants.” So maybe it did belong to a grandpa. Maybe another generation or two back, but...

• Love 9