Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

They are busy doing... nothing. 

Jessa married a baby and now has three much younger babies. Her hubby is an embarrassment with his lack of talent and accomplishment.

I say this as nicely as possible.....if her chubby little girl has a lot of unruly curly hair.....she and Ben will have produced three hobbits. So, what's next?

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Jessa married a baby and now has three much younger babies. Her hubby is an embarrassment with his lack of talent and accomplishment.

I say this as nicely as possible.....if her chubby little girl has a lot of unruly curly hair.....she and Ben will have produced three hobbits. So, what's next?

More curly haired hobbits!  A houseful of them!  There IS nothing else for them!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Gollum?

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

He's beautiful but my first thought was Jessa posed him while he slept.

My second thought was he looks like a child in a coffin.

OMG! I thought the exact same thing! That was my first reaction!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What I thought of is, can't this poor little kid sleep in a bed and without shoes on?

Neither Jill or Jessa seem to have any routine with their children. Sleep where they fall, eat wherever and whenever. Kids thrive on routine and everything always feels so haphazard to me.

That seems to be how they grew up.They probably have no idea how or why to do it differently. 

• Love 20

Jessa is such a puzzle to me. She seemed to thrive on being the hot Duggar girl. Now she completely let herself get frumpy and wants to keep popping out kids. I guess you never know who is hanging onto the mom and dad life. It’s a shame, because she’s got the strong personality and the looks to do more in life.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What I thought of is, can't this poor little kid sleep in a bed and without shoes on?

Neither Jill or Jessa seem to have any routine with their children. Sleep where they fall, eat wherever and whenever. Kids thrive on routine and everything always feels so haphazard to me.

I think this is one of those ways in which Duggars do things a little differently! 

It's all pretty much in line with what the "routine" was in the TTH most of the time, right? I mean, JB and M sometimes have made a big pretense of having a routine. But seems to me I've mostly heard that the shows revealed kids sleeping where they fell and eating wherever and whenever (also whatever). 

It's like the creamed-soup-based diet and the piled-diaper decor, I think. It's what they were always used to and so it's what they do.

Plus, I know that as I get older the routines of looking after homes and people get a little old and a little more tiresome and annoying....These two have been doing that stuff (after the Duggar fashion, anyway) since they were little kids.

In their mid-20s they're already coming up on 20 years of cooking for a mob (after a fashion), cleaning up after a mob (after a fashion), kid-minding in a crowd (after a fashion)... The desire to be lackadaisical that can come along in your mid- and older years is probably hitting them already. Especially since, for all those early years, it shouldn't have been their damn job. That alone might turn me off from it for life, I must say. 

Some people will come out of a TTH situation and determinedly manage things in another way, I suppose (especially if they've got husbands who insist on it ...)  

But I think more people would be likely to take something like the Michelle approach (if they have husbands who'll put up with it....and especially as the number of people to look after gets bigger...) It's easier. They're used to it, so a lot of things that bother some people are perfectly normal to them. And, understandably, they're probably sick and tired of the whole homemaker thing, having started it many years before it's normal to do so. That's the case for both Jill and Jessa, I would imagine. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24

He's worn one of Josie's shirts previously so I wouldn't be surprised. Jessa may be horrid, but I think she's doing a good job with her kids. She lets them BE kids. That's at least a step above how she was raised. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think this is one of those ways in which Duggars do things a little differently! 

It's all pretty much in line with what the "routine" was in the TTH most of the time, right? I mean, JB and M sometimes have made a big pretense of having a routine. But seems to me I've mostly heard that the shows revealed kids sleeping where they fell and eating wherever and whenever (also whatever). 

It's like the creamed-soup-based diet and the piled-diaper decor, I think. It's what they were always used to and so it's what they do.

Plus, I know that as I get older the routines of looking after homes and people get a little old and a little more tiresome and annoying....These two have been doing that stuff (after the Duggar fashion, anyway) since they were little kids.

In their mid-20s they're already coming up on 20 years of cooking for a mob (after a fashion), cleaning up after a mob (after a fashion), kid-minding in a crowd (after a fashion)... The desire to be lackadaisical that can come along in your mid- and older years is probably hitting them already. Especially since, for all those early years, it shouldn't have been their damn job. That alone might turn me off from it for life, I must say. 

Some people will come out of a TTH situation and determinedly manage things in another way, I suppose (especially if they've got husbands who insist on it ...)  

But I think more people would be likely to take something like the Michelle approach (if they have husbands who'll put up with it....and especially as the number of people to look after gets bigger...) It's easier. They're used to it, so a lot of things that bother some people are perfectly normal to them. And, understandably, they're probably sick and tired of the whole homemaker thing, having started it many years before it's normal to do so. That's the case for both Jill and Jessa, I would imagine. 

I agree with this, and it's too bad they can't go out and work! Both seem like they would thrive off of getting out in the world and having a career. They could reinvigorate themselves, and even be able to afford a housekeeper so they wouldn't have to do the things they've been doing for so long!

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Tasya said:

He's worn one of Josie's shirts previously so I wouldn't be surprised. Jessa may be horrid, but I think she's doing a good job with her kids. She lets them BE kids. That's at least a step above how she was raised. 

Let's hope so. Being 3, he's probably only old enough to fetch a diaper or two and grab a baby wipe. I'm guessing Jill and Jessa are raising their kids similar to each other and as @Churchhoney posted, similar to the way they were raised. 

Jessa is very sensitive to SM feedback. She not only pushes back, she also is very purposeful in what she posts. 

Let's hope Spurgie isn't baby wearing his 4th or 5th sibling while Henry feeds cold peas to Ivy in a few years.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, louannems said:

He's beautiful but my first thought was Jessa posed him while he slept.

My second thought was he looks like a child in a coffin.

This pic was posted by Seewaldfamily, which is Ben’s mom, I think. Maybe Henry was visiting? 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

This pic was posted by Seewaldfamily, which is Ben’s mom, I think. Maybe Henry was visiting? 

That is Ben’s family’s Instagram. It seems his mom does most of the posting.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That really explains Jill's parenting perfectly. All her life she got off on being the best sistermom ever and giving her all to her buddies, and when she had her own children and didn't get that rush because she wasn't getting praise from her parents anymore, she floundered. While Jessa just did the bare minimum with her buddies but wasn't emotionally invested in raising them, so she's (apparently) a much more involved mom, but she clearly enjoys the "freedom" of not having a chore chart so doesn't bother cleaning her house.

12 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jessa is such a puzzle to me. She seemed to thrive on being the hot Duggar girl. Now she completely let herself get frumpy and wants to keep popping out kids. I guess you never know who is hanging onto the mom and dad life. It’s a shame, because she’s got the strong personality and the looks to do more in life.

I don't think Jessa ever really got off on being the hot Duggar, that was just something everyone projected onto her because she's the best looking of the 4 oldest girls. Jinger and Jana were always the ones who most consistently put effort into their appearance and clearly cared about clothes and makeup. Jessa never wanted to/had to put in that effort except for her brief stint with bangs, and after 3 kids back-to-back, natural beauty doesn't cut it anymore.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

She gave photo credit to Ben, so it's possible that it's a pic he texted her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2019 at 10:08 PM, awaken said:

Wait, so Katy perry plagiarized flame?!

Probably not. But lawyers convinced people she (and the producers) did, so he'll get the cash, which I'm sure he needs a lot more than she does.

Seems unlikely that a song with a melody and completely completely different lyrics, plus quite different chord progressions, could actually be stolen from a rap song that has no melody at all (not to mention the very different harmonies). But that's what was argued. 

There's one two-bar musical phrase -- although not one that's much repeated or very prominent in either song -- that's quite similar. But it's two bars out of two fairly long songs. And to me that sounds like the main similarity.

The argument they leaned most heavily on, though, is that she -- or, more accurately,  producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin -- stole Flame's beats. But they're very generic beats. So on that basis Flame's team should probably be able to successfully sue dozens of other people for the same theft. Understandably, they went for the one with the deepest pockets....

And one whose song had dark, non-Christ-y lyrics, so they could argue that he was harmed by having his holy lyrics changed into demonic ones.

But I swear nobody listening to those two songs is likely to connect them -- and thus see Flame besmirched by the connection -- unless they know about this lawsuit and connect them because of that. The songs don't sound much alike, at all. Or maybe I'm just deaf and missing a bunch of stuff.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Probably not. But lawyers convinced people she (and the producers) did, so he'll get the cash, which I'm sure he needs a lot more than she does.

Seems unlikely that a song with a melody and completely completely different lyrics, plus quite different chord progressions, could actually be stolen from a rap song that has no melody at all (not to mention the very different harmonies). But that's what was argued. 

There's one two-bar musical phrase -- although not one that's much repeated or very prominent in either song -- that's quite similar. But it's two bars out of two fairly long songs. And to me that sounds like the main similarity.

The argument they leaned most heavily on, though, is that she -- or, more accurately,  producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin -- stole Flame's beats. But they're very generic beats. So on that basis Flame's team should probably be able to successfully sue dozens of other people for the same theft. Understandably, they went for the one with the deepest pockets....

And one whose song had dark, non-Christ-y lyrics, so they could argue that he was harmed by having his holy lyrics changed into demonic ones.

But I swear nobody listening to those two songs is likely to connect them -- and thus see Flame besmirched by the connection -- unless they know about this lawsuit and connect them because of that. The songs don't sound much alike, at all. Or maybe I'm just deaf and missing a bunch of stuff.

I haven't heard either song individually, but there was a post on Facebook which supposedly played them simultaneously (the videos were also shown side-by-side), and though I'll admit that I didn't listen through the whole thing, the way it was presented did make it sound like one cohesive song. There was no way to really separate one track from the other in my head, not being familiar with either, but other than there was female vocalizing and some lighter notes in the beats contrasting with a more typical rap sound, I'd never had guessed it was not one song. There may well have been some sort of manipulation going on to make them fit so well together, but I have no idea on that either. Actually, I might have liked it better than I do most rap that I've heard, but not being a fan of either that or Katy Perry, I'm no authority! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I haven't heard either song individually, but there was a post on Facebook which supposedly played them simultaneously (the videos were also shown side-by-side), and though I'll admit that I didn't listen through the whole thing, the way it was presented did make it sound like one cohesive song. There was no way to really separate one track from the other in my head, not being familiar with either, but other than there was female vocalizing and some lighter notes in the beats contrasting with a more typical rap sound, I'd never had guessed it was not one song. There may well have been some sort of manipulation going on to make them fit so well together, but I have no idea on that either. Actually, I might have liked it better than I do most rap that I've heard, but not being a fan of either that or Katy Perry, I'm no authority! 

Yeah, the background beats are basically the same. So they will flow together. It depends on how plagiarism in music gets defined -- i

f using the same (pretty commonly used) beats and one seldom-repeated melodic phrase, then they're similar enough........

There's a big big debate about that these days! I write some music and have a bunch of musician friends, so I'm biased in the direction of -- There has to be MORE than just that for it to be plagiarism, since there are only so many beats out there to use! And if everybody's constantly suing over that,  a whole lot of creativity will get needlessly snuffed out...But obviously this court came to the other decision! 

And at least he sued people who can well afford to pay him a few mill (not that I think that was an accident!). 

• Love 2

If you have as many kids as Jill and David, and you teach them all to live by grifting -- and you're part of a community where there are a whole lot of huge families also being taught to live on grifting -- at some point there will just not be enough suckers to provide all the grifted gains. 

But of course, J and D don't care any more than JB and M do about what happens to their kids after they themselves bump off. So I suppose you couldn't make this argument stick with them....😒 

Isn't Ivy over two months old? No ruffles and bows photo shoot? I get this is their third kid, but Ivy is the first girl.

I expected one Insta pic and a swipe up command by now. Maybe Ivy has the same rash Henry did, so she's not 'cute enough' for Jessa to put her on display.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't Ivy over two months old? No ruffles and bows photo shoot? I get this is their third kid, but Ivy is the first girl.

It is strange, especially since she must have been irked at all the attention Jinger and Jeremy were getting through Felicity and now she has a baby girl to show off.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I expected one Insta pic and a swipe up command by now. Maybe Ivy has the same rash Henry did, so she's not 'cute enough' for Jessa to put her on display.

I was thinking the same. Henry really wasn't the cutest baby, so I'm wondering if Ivy is following suit. Otherwise, Jessa would be plastering her all over Instagram.

• Love 5
On 8/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, BitterApple said:

I was thinking the same. Henry really wasn't the cutest baby, so I'm wondering if Ivy is following suit. Otherwise, Jessa would be plastering her all over Instagram.

Henry wasn’t “cute”, but he had a grumpy, old man look that was pretty adorable. And, he’s darling now. If Jessa’s not putting pics up cause she doesn’t think Ivy’s a cute baby, she’s an idiot. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Henry wasn’t “cute”, but he had a grumpy, old man look that was pretty adorable. And, he’s darling now. If Jessa’s not putting pics up cause she doesn’t think Ivy’s a cute baby, she’s an idiot

I'd say that has an occasional ring of truth to it. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 8/2/2019 at 1:33 PM, Churchhoney said:

If you have as many kids as Jill and David, and you teach them all to live by grifting -- and you're part of a community where there are a whole lot of huge families also being taught to live on grifting -- at some point there will just not be enough suckers to provide all the grifted gains. 

But of course, J and D don't care any more than JB and M do about what happens to their kids after they themselves bump off. So I suppose you couldn't make this argument stick with them....😒 

I read Lot's of Kids and Live by Grifting and I suddenly thought...........Can you imagine if they introduced the Duggars to the Alaskan Bush People?  Like some sort of crazy "survival" cross over?  Ben gets bush somersault and tree climbing lessons from Bear while Jessa and Joy hang out picking berries and soup weeds with Bird and Rain.    Part 1 on Discovery followed by Part 2 on TLC where they bring the family back to the Duggar compound and try to put prairie dresses on Bird while Noah invents a new watering system for Jana's garden made from JB approved buy used and save the difference radiator hoses and pvc pipe that Matt shipped in from his local dump.  I would actually pay to see this!

Edited by sigmaforce86
clarity
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jessa hasn’t posted anything on IG for a long time.  What’s up with that, I wonder?

I’m guessing LA  Women showed her what being cute and bitchy is really all about.  She’s probably having Bin  apply burn ointment. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2