Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Do any of these siblings actually like each other?

I wonder, too...it would be all too human for them to be competing since birth for every scrap of food, comfort, validation, and parental attention they could get. In the face of continual scarcity, the human species wants to survive above all. If it wasn’t “Lord of the Flies, Jesus Edition” at the TTH more often than not, I’d be surprised.

Would you put it past either of their parents not to use this to their advantage? Getting your kids competing with each other is a pretty good way to keep them in line if you don’t give a damn about their mental, emotional or physical health.

Not a scenario for anything other than major sibling rivalry, no matter what they claim.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 20
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand how Duggar fans could not see through that post. What if it was about something different? Something less meaningful than expecting a baby?

Like say Lauren totaled her brand new car that she worked years for (I know, just stay with me). And Jessa posted a picture of herself in front of her new car and went on and on about how sad she was for her gracious SIL and her totaled car. How they wouldn't be able to get oil changes together, or go to a drive-in movie together. How Jessa would feel bad when she's driving to Starbucks thinking about Lauren sitting at home with instant coffee.

Would the fans get it then?

Lauren and Josiah lost their baby. 

IMO, Jessa did that post as a way to pave a guilt-free path for her keep posting bump pictures, generating interest and keeping the focus on her without receiving negative feedback. 

Maybe a lot of people are just so enamored of Jessa that they didn't even register the message. Just skimmed over a lot of words, many of which were positive on the surface, and quickly concluded that it was a lovely homage to Lauren from their favorite Duggar.

Yeah, yeah, I know -- "enamored of Jessa" -- Could it be? 

Well, not in my universe, but maybe in some other people's? People who tend to take everybody at their own valuation? 

There must be a lot of people who've been enamored of Jessa at some point or other. Her social media followers couldn't all be hate watchers. And, you know, at school the mean girls usually attract quite an adoring cult around themselves. Often it even includes teachers, in my experience.

(My theory is that a lot of teachers suck up to the good-looking meanies because they're so excited to have the chance they didn't have as kids to actually have the mean, usually rich kids not totally pick on them. It's nauseating, but I've seen it a lot.) 

(Personally, I would much rather sit at home with instant coffee than go to Starbucks with Jessa. But that's just me.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
47 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I wonder, too...it would be all too human for them to be competing since birth for every scrap of food, comfort, validation, and parental attention they could get. In the face of continual scarcity, the human species wants to survive above all. If it wasn’t “Lord of the Flies, Jesus Edition” at the TTH more often than not, I’d be surprised.

Would you put it past either of their parents not to use this to their advantage? Getting your kids competing with each other is a pretty good way to keep them in line if you don’t give a damn about their mental, emotional or physical health.

Not a scenario for anything other than major sibling rivalry, no matter what they claim.

We do know that there was evidence of playing the children against each other. Jana was forced to give her most treasured possession to Jessa Blessa when she dared complained about Blessa being an actual annoyance. Jill being "the snitch" and encouraged to tattle. Except you know, she did tattle on the Golden Child. Anyway.

Everywhere else is commenting on how lovely and sweet of a post this is. Even /r/DuggarsSnark. To me this is a Regina George move by Jessa and I don't even like Lauren. I can't imagine what it must have been when Queen Blessa found out that she and Lauren had the same due date before Lauren miscarried.

Not pleasant I suppose.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Do any of these siblings actually like each other?

Good question. Gotta wonder if the sheer number of kids made trying to get any parental attention the number one priority, so siblings were viewed more as competition than friends. And the older girls being forced to raise their siblings could have caused them to view their charges with resentment rather than affection. And if that wasn't enough there was Josh the molester in the mix.

Having said that, to Jill's credit she does seem to have genuine affection for her buddy group.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 11

The heartfelt message to Lauren and Josiah has been published in People.com along with Jessa and her baby bump.

So much for sincerity and compassion. 

Jessa is a hateful bitch driven by publicity and money. I don’t believe that she wrote one word of that message. TLC and the Duggars handlers contrived the whole thing and Jessa played along. Gotta keep the gravy train moving since she’ll  soon have another mouth to feed.

IMO it was cruel for her to pose with her baby bump, and especially mean to mention that she and Lauren would have been due on the same day. Rub it in Jessa.

I wonder if SiRen knew the message was going to be featured. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but certain things should be kept private. The only reason to publish this is to get publicity for the show. Despicable.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe a lot of people are just so enamored of Jessa that they didn't even register the message. Just skimmed over a lot of words, many of which were positive on the surface, and quickly concluded that it was a lovely homage from to Lauren from their favorite Duggar.

Yeah, yeah, I know -- "enamored of Jessa" -- Could it be? 

Well, not in my universe, but maybe in some other people's? People who tend to take everybody at their own valuation? 

There must be a lot of people who've been enamored of Jessa at some point or other. Her social media followers couldn't all be hate watchers. And, you know, at school the mean girls usually attract quite an adoring cult around themselves. Often it even includes teachers, in my experience.

(My theory is that a lot of teachers suck up to the good-looking meanies because they're so excited to have the chance they didn't have as kids to actually have the mean, usually rich kids not totally pick on them. It's nauseating, but I've seen it a lot.) 

(Personally, I would much rather sit at home with instant coffee than go to Starbucks with Jessa. But that's just me.) 

Omg you are so right about that!!! My first boyfriend's mom (when I was a teen) hated me for existing, but LOVED the school "mean girl" and her clique. The mean girl made fun of him all the time, but his own MOTHER laughed along and insisted it was in good fun. His mom was a mean girl, but hideous inside and out, so she never got to be popular in school. It started with inviting people over after plays or concerts, where she hit it off with the mean girl, and then she kept constantly inviting her to stuff. She'd say, "pleeeease come! I made you all of your favorite foods, and a cake of your own!" The girl would rudely say, "ummm, maybe. If I don't have anything else to do." Several times, the mom hosted a party for the mean girls, using their guest list, and paid for the whole thing with her husband's money (did I mention she was a SAHM and her husband hated these girls for being mean to their son?). Yet, she hated me, saying I must have an agenda as her son's girlfriend. I really think she thought the "agenda" was to get pregnant, and even though I was unhealthily enamored of him, in no way did I want to give up my college education and raise a baby as a teenager. I was never anything but sweet to her either, because obviously, I wanted her to finally approve of me. Her son was emotionally abusing me, yet I was the problem, apparently. She'd also invite the girl to expensive dinners and operas with their family, where she'd treat all of them rudely, and they'd laugh, saying, "she's so funny." Predictably, the girl made my life miserable, and wanted me out of the picture because I encouraged the guy to stand up to her, and because I wasn't thrilled about her royal treatment by his family when all she did was degrade them. Now, this girl's looks have totally gone, but all of her followers just fawn over everything she posts, to the point where you'd think she was a victoria's secret model. I have noticed that most of them are middle-aged or older; even the peers who pretended to like her have moved on.

But anyway, mean girls have a LOT of doors opened to them just by being straight up bitches. I'm sure this would have happened to Jessa if she'd gone to public school, and now it's happening online. Lauren IMO is a mean girl too, and I agree that she needs to fire back. She should also ask for something Jessa would envy from JB and Michelle to ease her pain a little...maybe a vacation? That would grind jessa's gears, no doubt!

Edited by Christina87
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I love how Jessa posted that selfie of herself and the toilet paper roll.

The TP roll caught my eye too.  Jessa probably didn't even notice because she thinks all eyes are on her no matter what's in the background. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Omg you are so right about that!!! My first boyfriend's mom (when I was a teen) hated me for existing, but LOVED the school "mean girl" and her clique. The mean girl made fun of him all the time, but his own MOTHER laughed along and insisted it was in good fun. His mom was a mean girl, but hideous inside and out, so she never got to be popular in school. It started with inviting people over after plays or concerts, where she hit it off with the mean girl, and then she kept constantly inviting her to stuff. She'd say, "pleeeease come! I made you all of your favorite foods, and a cake of your own!" The girl would rudely say, "ummm, maybe. If I don't have anything else to do." Several times, the mom hosted a party for the mean girls, using their guest list, and paid for the whole thing with her husband's money (did I mention she was a SAHM and her husband hated these girls for being mean to their son?). Yet, she hated me, saying I must have an agenda as her son's girlfriend. I really think she thought the "agenda" was to get pregnant, and even though I was unhealthily enamored of him, in no way did I want to give up my college education and raise a baby as a teenager. I was never anything but sweet to her either, because obviously, I wanted her to finally approve of me. Her son was emotionally abusing me, yet I was the problem, apparently. She'd also invite the girl to expensive dinners and operas with their family, where she'd treat all of them rudely, and they'd laugh, saying, "she's so funny." Predictably, the girl made my life miserable, and wanted me out of the picture because I encouraged the guy to stand up to her, and because I wasn't thrilled about her royal treatment by his family when all she did was degrade them. Now, this girl's looks have totally gone, but all of her followers just fawn over everything she posts, to the point where you'd think she was a victoria's secret model. I have noticed that most of them are middle-aged or older; even the peers who pretended to like her have moved on.

But anyway, mean girls have a LOT of doors opened to them just by being straight up bitches. I'm sure this would have happened to Jessa if she'd gone to public school, and now it's happening online. Lauren IMO is a mean girl too, and I agree that she needs to fire back. She should also ask for something Jessa would envy from JB and Michelle to ease her pain a little...maybe a vacation? That would grind jessa's gears, no doubt!

Awful! Just as with teachers, you've got old-enough-to-know-better parents falling into the same dumb patterns as kids!

And so common. ....When I switched from teaching in a girls' high school to teaching in a coed one, I found out that, yeah, the same crap, with slight sex-related stylistic modifications, happens surrounding the good-looking, mostly richer boy bullies,too. Mean boys enjoy the same advantages. 

With Jessa and Lauren both on board, maybe the Duggarlings can have a mean-girls club. Would hate to have one within the family, but I'm sure that happens......

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Awful! Just as with teachers, you've got old-enough-to-know-better parents falling into the same dumb patterns as kids!

And so common. ....When I switched from teaching in a girls' high school to teaching in a coed one, I found out that, yeah, the same crap, with slight sex-related stylistic modifications, happens surrounding the good-looking, mostly richer boy bullies,too. Mean boys enjoy the same advantages. 

With Jessa and Lauren both on board, maybe the Duggarlings can have a mean-girls club. Would hate to have one within the family, but I'm sure that happens......

Oh I'm sure it does. One thing I've learned from teaching (and I bet you've seen it too) is when a couple of teachers make a mean girls clique. I mean...how pathetic! There's nothing okay about two or three bored middle aged women forming a clique where they gossip meanly and put down other staff members. They ask people super personal questions and then tell everybody...why anyone gives them the info is beyond me!!! When I started, one of them was asking my financial situation, and if my parents were helping me with any of my bills. Seriously, lady? None of your business. Back off! I wonder if they realize they are behaving just like the teenage girls they teach. They're also the queens of unsolicited (non-teaching) advice that can be kind of hurtful. One of them told me (when I was at about my best body ever) that in order to ever get a boyfriend again, I had to lose weight, and change my hairstyle. When i asked what was wrong with my hairstyle, she said I'd been wearing it the same way since she met me. Ummmm random guys aren't going to know that, or care lol. She then said she would give my picture to random men for honest advice about what I could change. I had never once talked to this lady about my dating woes. Sooooooo wrong!!!

i could see Jessa thriving in this kind of environment. Even if she wasn't the aggressor, I definitely can imagine her stirring the pot. 

And btw, here is what I looked like when she told me I had to lose weight. This was three years ago; can't imagine what she thought a year later when I was 50 pounds heavier! Get a life, lady!

IMG_9846.PNG

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Oh I'm sure it does. One thing I've learned from teaching (and I bet you've seen it too) is when a couple of teachers make a mean girls clique. I mean...how pathetic! There's nothing okay about two or three bored middle aged women forming a clique where they gossip meanly and put down other staff members. They ask people super personal questions and then tell everybody...why anyone gives them the info is beyond me!!! When I started, one of them was asking my financial situation, and if my parents were helping me with any of my bills. Seriously, lady? None of your business. Back off! I wonder if they realize they are behaving just like the teenage girls they teach. They're also the queens of unsolicited (non-teaching) advice that can be kind of hurtful. One of them told me (when I was at about my best body ever) that in order to ever get a boyfriend again, I had to lose weight, and change my hairstyle. When i asked what was wrong with my hairstyle, she said I'd been wearing it the same way since she met me. Ummmm random guys aren't going to know that, or care lol. She then said she would give my picture to random men for honest advice about what I could change. I had never once talked to this lady about my dating woes. Sooooooo wrong!!!

i could see Jessa thriving in this kind of environment. Even if she wasn't the aggressor, I definitely can imagine her stirring the pot. 

And btw, here is what I looked like when she told me I had to lose weight. This was three years ago; can't imagine what she thought a year later when I was 50 pounds heavier! Get a life, lady!

IMG_9846.PNG

Yep. Been there. Awful. You'd think I'd be beyond this by now, but I'm still always disappointed when I hear about another situation where that happens. Such crap. Instead of the adults being good role models for kids, in some cases it's like they model themselves on the worst kid behaviors. Luckily, it's not everybody. But still -- yikes. I guess it's sort of like all the crap going on in the pastoral ranks of this, that and the other religion. 

Hey, maybe this is why Jessa was chosen head of the SOTDRT! A recognition that she loves her some power trips.  ;  ) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

There are mean girls in every age group.  They are mean because despite outward appearances they are miserable and they want other people to be miserable too. I think that happy individuals do not waste time being mean to other people.

Pretty sure Jessa is not as satisfied with her lot in life as she claims to be.

• Love 20
32 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Oh I'm sure it does. One thing I've learned from teaching (and I bet you've seen it too) is when a couple of teachers make a mean girls clique. I mean...how pathetic! There's nothing okay about two or three bored middle aged women forming a clique where they gossip meanly and put down other staff members.

A couple of years ago my mom moved into a 65 and older apartment complex and occasionally they will have gatherings. One night she was talking about a couple of the ladies sat down at the table with her and how they were acting.  I laughed and asked if she was sitting at the mean girl table?  I guess some things don't change no matter how old you get.

I have seen comments about Jessa's Instagram post and how caring she is towards Lauren and I'm thinking did we read the same post?  Yeah, it comes across as caring and maybe if there had been the post with no picture, I could think that, but the belly picture makes it all about "me, me, me." 

• Love 16

It's crazy how it can happen at any age!!! FWIW, the majority of teachers I taught with were awesome and supportive. And as @3 is enough said, the more you get to know them, the more you realize how miserable they are. The ringleader was just basically a bored woman with nothing going on in her life. The second in command was in her early forties and extremely insecure. I get nostalgically looking back sometimes, and missing your youth, but the way she talked was almost pathological. She idolized everything from the 80's and 90's, and it was uncomfortable, because her yearning to go back was SO strong. If someone mentioned the tiniest thing from her glory days, she would almost cry. Once, she got teary eyed when telling us youngins that they used to not have credit card readers. You could tell she was extremely unhappy being 41 instead of 21, to the point where I think she was really depressed. She had an adoring husband and good kids, so you'd think she'd learn to be content, but no...she wore Abercrombie shirts every day and tried to look young. The one who insulted me is remarried to a poor dude and stressed to the max about putting food on the table. They have several kids between them, and bitter divorces / custody situations. She's the type that would rather jump into that than be alone. And the fourth member is a very young girl who has no friends, and clings onto these gossipy women to gain acceptance. 

Thankfully, most of the others were awesome, though. I just can't fathom what causes grown women to act like that! oooooh...you're the "cool teachers" at a middle school...oooooooh, you're such hot stuff! Move over, Beyoncé!  

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 2/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, anna0852 said:

Jessa is about to ban me. Just posted on her IG: "So you're showing off your pregnant belly (so modest of you!) while discussing your SIL's miscarriage? When you stand before God on your Judgement Day I truly wonder what He'll say of this cruel moment."

Now let’s see if it get deleted. 

• Love 7
On 2/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, bythelake said:

The heartfelt message to Lauren and Josiah has been published in People.com along with Jessa and her baby bump.

So much for sincerity and compassion. 

Just goes to show how little the average person understands a miscarriage and the feelings that can go along with it.  😕

A miscarriage post combined with a picture of a pregnant woman?  Could you get any more insensitive????  And people are applauding?  Wow.  Guess common sense is not so common. 

Infertility is another topic that just attracts insensitivity. I can't even imagine what that Michaela Bates is going through. 

• Love 23
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

Just goes to show how little the average person understands a miscarriage and the feelings that can go along with it.  😕

A miscarriage post combined with a picture of a pregnant woman?  Could you get any more insensitive????  And people are applauding?  Wow.  Guess common sense is not so common. 

Infertility is another topic that just attracts insensitivity. I can't even imagine what that Michaela Bates is going through. 

Try being a single woman who wants kids. 🤦🏼‍♀️ that not only attracts insensitivity, but outright hostility. "I guess you're one of those 'career women.'" "It must have been fun slutting it up in your twenties, sleeping around while rejecting good guys. Guess you're paying for it now!" "How selfish! I can't believe you want to have a biological child! What makes you so special?!" "IVF is so selfish, but no one wants to adopt to a single woman either." I'm glad I'm only 31 and still have a decent chance to find someone and have a family still, because I dread all the hostility I'll face if I have to make a decision to go motherhood alone. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Try being a single woman who wants kids. 🤦🏼‍♀️ that not only attracts insensitivity, but outright hostility. "I guess you're one of those 'career women.'" "It must have been fun slutting it up in your twenties, sleeping around while rejecting good guys. Guess you're paying for it now!" "How selfish! I can't believe you want to have a biological child! What makes you so special?!" "IVF is so selfish, but no one wants to adopt to a single woman either." I'm glad I'm only 31 and still have a decent chance to find someone and have a family still, because I dread all the hostility I'll face if I have to make a decision to go motherhood alone. 

OMG people said that stuff to you?!?!?! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Im so sorry; people are so awful. That’s downright hostile. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I never had children. Wanted them, but was never so blessed. I never got comments like that though. I was going to try getting pregnant through IVF, but could never afford it. Now I'm just too old.

Sorry you got those things said to you. I'm sure when you become a mom, you'll be a great one!

Edited by beckie
proper grammar is essential
  • Love 8

Awwwww thanks guys!!! I think a lot of men see a single woman in her thirties as a kind of karma. They've been rejected by hot, probably promiscuous women in their twenties, so they love seeing someone reach her thirties single, and see it as payback. The funny thing is, most women aren't the perfect tens who scoffed at them in the bar. The majority of us just weren't lucky enough to have our serious, stable relationships work out, and NOT because we found a perfect guy "boring" and assumed we could do better. 

Women are more likely to make the comments that IVF is evil, or the world is overpopulated, or that your genes aren't so special that you need to be a biological parent. Most of them have an acquaintance who did IVF that they look down their noses on. Take note that I have never, ever heard these things from a woman who didn't have biological children herself. Hypocritical much?

thanks so much for the support, ladies. And I'm definitely not giving up hope any time soon! I thought my life would be over at 30 if I wasn't married, and then i turned 30 and realized I likely had ten years of being able to have a child ahead of me! My mom and grandma both had kids in their thirties, and my family has no history of fertility problems. So fingers crossed! I definitely haven't given up hope of finding a wonderful guy, even though it's hard sometimes. I feel like the best thing I can do is stay positive because I KNOW there are good men out there. My dad is one of them, as are my male friends. I used to feel bitter and angry at men when they would hurt me, but that attitude wasn't serving me well. Now, if a guy turns out to be a douchebag, I think of the great men in my life and say, "next." Keeping positive that they're out there seems like a better strategy than becoming bitter and jaded. 

• Love 14

Don’t give up! I was where you are - early thirties, tried to have kids on my own using insemination (didnt work), got together with my husband in my early forties, then very quickly had a miscarriage followed by two adorable children who are now almost teens - it CAN happen!

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Don’t give up! I was where you are - early thirties, tried to have kids on my own using insemination (didnt work), got together with my husband in my early forties, then very quickly had a miscarriage followed by two adorable children who are now almost teens - it CAN happen!

Awwwww!!! That is really inspiring to me. Thank you so much!!! I'm so happy for you and your sweet family. 💕💕💕

• Love 4

I agree that her tone deaf and self-centered missive is laser focused to smack Lauren down.  For real or imagined slights, Jessa definitely slings those arrows accurately.  

I do NOT think it was accidental or because she doesn't know better how words can devastate people.  I think Jessa just hates anybody else getting positive attention.  I see her every post as deliberate.  

Jessa: "Wow, I'm SO sorry y'all's house just burned down!  But look at my brand new bedroom furniture!" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 16

I’m in my late 30’s and trying to start a family as a single woman.  I hear all manner of bullshit from people. Those who had their kids young tell me I’m too old (as if you would know having a kid at 22).  Those who are older, but married or or in what they think is a committed relationship say it’s selfish to have a child on your own or that your reasons for wanting a baby aren’t right (is there a non-selfish reason to have a baby? I thought you had them because you wanted them.) My favorites are the women who had four biological children tell you you should adopt instead because there are so many older children who need loving homes (yet that fact didn’t pull on their heart strings enough to adopt).  It’s all nonsense and you have to do what’s best for you.  

My experience has been that hurting people hurt people, and the person at work that makes everyone miserable has no agency at home.  Some people simply like to be on top, and Jessa strikes me as that person.  I don’t think she wanted to share the spotlight with Lauren at all. If Jinger, Abby or Jill were to get pregnant again now, she wouldn’t be able to handle it.  If they had girls or multiples, she’d go into a complete meltdown.  She really is my least favorite of everyone. 

• Love 24

I’m not arguing, I am just not insightful on human behavior. How can Jessa be the one who wants the attention the most, yet is arguably the least fashionable of all of her sisters, or maybe tied at the bottom with Joy? Also, Jessa is savvy enough to promote her boys, but doesn’t promote herself. I can’t reconcile these things. Enlighten me, o insightful ones.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m not arguing, I am just not insightful on human behavior. How can Jessa be the one who wants the attention the most, yet is arguably the least fashionable of all of her sisters, or maybe tied at the bottom with Joy? Also, Jessa is savvy enough to promote her boys, but doesn’t promote herself. I can’t reconcile these things. Enlighten me, o insightful ones.

Because Jessa knows what sells. Cute babies are always a winner, Jessa has cute boys, so the attention is on children she created. Her kids, not Jill's or Joy's, etc.

In addition to being extremely lazy, if Jessa starts dressing mainstream she knows she becomes a dime a dozen. She knows why folks tuned into 19 kids - because M & JB were this odd religious couple, following odd religious rules and that had a passel of kids. 

If Jessa plays her ovaries correctly, just about the time that Counting On stalls, the new show will be Jessa and Pastor Ben, 6 kids and Counting.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Because Jessa knows what sells. Cute babies are always a winner, Jessa has cute boys, so the attention is on children she created. Her kids, not Jill's or Joy's, etc.

In addition to being extremely lazy, if Jessa starts dressing mainstream she knows she becomes a dime a dozen. She knows why folks tuned into 19 kids - because M & JB were this odd religious couple, following odd religious rules and that had a passel of kids. 

If Jessa plays her ovaries correctly, just about the time that Counting On stalls, the new show will be Jessa and Pastor Ben, 6 kids and Counting.

Agree with all. 

If Jessa can't be best, she wants to be first.  And vice-versa.  I see her always competing with her sisters in some fashion.  She was first to go with a PINK wedding dress and first to NOT kiss her groom at the altar! 

Since she wasn't first to wear pants like Jinger, she won't bother jumping on that train the way Jill did.  And though she has 2 boys like Jill, HERS are always dressed well and posed cutely.  They don't look like orphans Jill picked up at a truck stop.  Jill keeps grabbing at free clothes, but Jessa is going to let her have that since she looks terrible in them.  

Jessa will have baby #3 soon, and if it's a girl, she'll be crowing like there's no tomorrow, despite Jinger having Felicity.  She'll have one-upped Jill, even if it's another boy.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Jessa THINKS she is fashionable, though. She's done fashion tutorials. I think the only reason she doesn't take a lot of pictures of herself anymore is body image. She was the first one to start ditching the frumpers, though, so in her mind, that solidifies her as a fashion plate forever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/23/2019 at 4:05 PM, Christina87 said:

IMG_9846.PNG

Lose weight my fat ass!!! I hope you told her to eat a DOUBLE DECKER shit sandwich. What a miserable snatch basket!! I am SO sorry you had to deal with that!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jessa THINKS she is fashionable, though. She's done fashion tutorials. I think the only reason she doesn't take a lot of pictures of herself anymore is body image. She was the first one to start ditching the frumpers, though, so in her mind, that solidifies her as a fashion plate forever. 

Jessa's modern modest fashion plate days were fleeting and prior to babies. And she really wasn't the fashionable one - Jinger was/is. Just like she isn't the home decorator talent - Jana is.

Similar to what @leighdear posted Jessa needs to 'own' everything as hers and needs all the attention. Her sisters appear to be okay with letting her have it.

Besides having some success in posting appealing pics and videos of her boys and manipulating some viewers, Jessa's only real talent is being the 'pretty one'. And on some level Jessa knows this.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Similar to what @leighdear posted Jessa needs to 'own' everything as hers and needs all the attention. Her sisters appear to be okay with letting her have it.

Okay with having it or used to giving it to her? I know its entirely possible they don't mind or care. But Jana learned what happened when she went to her mother when Jessa wasn't behaving and had to hand over her jewelry box to her. After that I doubt she ever went to her mother again and just let Jessa do whatever she wanted. Its possible the other girls learned from that too. I'm sure Jessa learned from it too. What are they going to do? Complain and have to give up something precious to them?  

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa's modern modest fashion plate days were fleeting and prior to babies. And she really wasn't the fashionable one - Jinger was/is. Just like she isn't the home decorator talent - Jana is.

Besides having some success in posting appealing pics and videos of her boys and manipulating some viewers, Jessa's only real talent is being the 'pretty one'. And on some level Jessa knows this.

That really IS her only talent, for sure! I swear, this family reminds me so much of a novel from the 1700's. The Jessa character is always the prettiest (and usually meanest) growing up, and always brags about being the first to get married. Technically Jill stepped in and married first (I'll always be convinced she wanted to compete with Jessa), but Jessa was the first to be "chosen" by Bin. After the pretty character  gets married and out of the way, and everyone else gets a shot at being popular. I guess the duggar culture is based on that era, so it's not surprising. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That really IS her only talent, for sure! I swear, this family reminds me so much of a novel from the 1700's. The Jessa character is always the prettiest (and usually meanest) growing up, and always brags about being the first to get married. Technically Jill stepped in and married first (I'll always be convinced she wanted to compete with Jessa), but Jessa was the first to be "chosen" by Bin. After the pretty character  gets married and out of the way, and everyone else gets a shot at being popular. I guess the duggar culture is based on that era, so it's not surprising. 

I'll always be convinced Jill did that to compete with Jessa too. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I can’t wait for my sister to call me so I can work snatch basket into the conversation. Thanks @Enya Face!

I never understood why Jessa was considered the “pretty” one since I think Jana is much prettier. You can kind of see “bitch” in both of their faces, but Jana seems far less aware of her looks, which makes her more attractive to me. 

100% agree. Jessa has never been all that.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I can’t wait for my sister to call me so I can work snatch basket into the conversation. Thanks @Enya Face!

I never understood why Jessa was considered the “pretty” one since I think Jana is much prettier. You can kind of see “bitch” in both of their faces, but Jana seems far less aware of her looks, which makes her more attractive to me. 

I've always thought Jessa bears a resemblance to Angelina Jolie, and that she is the most "hot" - or used to be anyway. Even as a very young child, Jessa had a unique look with her full lips. But I agree, as do seemingly many others, that Jana is the most classically beautiful.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I've always thought Jessa bears a resemblance to Angelina Jolie, and that she is the most "hot" - or used to be anyway. Even as a very young child, Jessa had a unique look with her full lips. But I agree, as do seemingly many others, that Jana is the most classically beautiful.

I'm always amazing at how differently we see attractiveness.  I can never see Jana as particularly pretty, much less beautiful.  She looks so bland to me - she would never stand out in a group.  Jessa, however, has a slightly exotic, more interesting face and I think she is beautiful.

• Love 9