Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Saylii said:

Lauren had to have announced her pregnancy at sub-4 weeks which is just insane to me.

In real life, that’s still just a late period. If it’s me, I’m not even headed to the drugstore yet.

Unless there was some premarital action going on...

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She always has been at their level in my book.

Yeah, I get that! 

But I mostly think it's unfair to consign Duggarlings to the 9th circle and deem them hopeless just yet. They're all still young and they've had a terrible upbringing and apparently lack the temperaments to escape from that or turn against it easily. And I know firsthand that terrible upbringings are like gum baked onto the bottom of your shoe.

But Jessa's getting older now. And she's got kids of her own, which, in my book, ought to make you a little more sensible and a little more able to empathize with time. But it ain't happening. So she's crossed her Rubicon with me, I think.

Not that she would ever give a shit what somebody thinks who despises her godly mama and godly daddy, of course. .... Well, she can have 'em. Let 'em all sink into the 9th circle altogether. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I can't imagine Jessa crying and comforting anyone. Couldn't she have privately written Lauren a letter or kept this to herself?

Why write a whole essay to Lauren basically saying ,

"I know you wish you were still pregnant when all we do is talk about babies and being pregnant but you'll get yours soon. Oh, what you wouldn't give to be in our shoes!"

Just post your damn picture and GO!

I have never once posted on Instagram....I just signed up back when to see my grandkid's posts. Now I am sitting on my hands to force myself not to post this reply to that picture:

You are an unfeeling BITCH, Jessa...how could you?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Jessa is definitely her mother's daughter, posting a pregnancy picture while lamenting someone else's miscarriage. Condolences should be done in private, not in patronizing social media messages.

Unfortunately, Jessa's virtue signaling got her exactly the reaction she wanted. Her sycophants are praising her for her sensitivity, strength, compassion and beauty. Never mind that the optics of a pouty, sideways bump selfie completely clash with the message. 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

In real life, that’s still just a late period. If it’s me, I’m not even headed to the drugstore yet.

Unless there was some premarital action going on...

They got married at the end of June. She announced 9/13. No hanky panky (not like we expected any with these two).

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Holy Crap! I viewed this post on a connection that blocks IG pictures - I had no idea until just now she posted a PREGNANCY SELFIE with that message. I thought it would just be a harmless, benign picture. Well, Lauren, look what you married into - FOR LIFE. Enjoy.

My hate for Jessa just dialed up 5 notches. $5 says she deletes that picture within 12 hours.

And she goes on a deleting/blocking spree so she looks like a compassionate angel of mercy.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They got married at the end of June. She announced 9/13. No hanky panky (not like we expected any with these two).

We also know that Jessa is due in June, thanks to Guinn. Jessa's baby is due a few weeks before Lauren's first anniversary (June still spring.) 

• Love 1

Wow it's just sad in my opinion.  It's bad enough that Lauren had to publicly share her miscarriage in the name of the Duggar empire, but this post by Jessa is just gross.  I can't figure out if it's immaturity or stupidity or a combination or both or something else entirely.  How in the hell would she feel if the roles were reversed.   I wonder if JB or Meechelle advised her to make those comments.

2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Dare I ask how Ben is able to support yet another child?  Since Jessa has again assumed the role of a Hostein heifer.

TLC and JB

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can't figure out if it's immaturity or stupidity or a combination or both or something else entirely. 

I'm hung up on this too. To post something so glaringly insensitive while criticizing other people for doing the exact same thing is just so meta that I don't even know where to start. 

I've always assumed she was an uberbitch because of her attitude and some of her past actions, but she often showed just the slightest glimmer of self-awareness compared to the others. Now I'm thinking any sort of self-awareness is purely self-centered and for survival purposes and does not extend to anyone else in the universe. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Portia said:

I'm uncomfortable with the none-too-subtle suggestions that Lauren and Si "shouldn't" have announced her pregnancy so early. To me that's darn close to victim-blaming. It was their choice and no one else's.  It's not a couple's responsibility to keep mum and then grieve a miscarriage privately. They can do that if they want, but it's also their choice if they want to announce early and then post about miscarriages on social media. The latter is not my style, but when it comes to other couples, it's not my call. 

Yeah, I'm not personally willing to critique how Lauren or Josiah have responded to their miscarriage.

I've never had a miscarriage--or been pregnant--but I recently experienced a sudden death in my family. I haven't talked about it on here, but the whole thing has made me more sensitive to or maybe aware of how everyone processes grief/loss differently. 

I sincerely do feel sorry for her and Josiah, regardless of the circumstances of when they announced or how far along she was. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

So, interestingly, it's a completely different reaction to Jessa's post on FJ. Jessa's being praised for her post, stating that it was lovely and well-written.

The culture at FJ has changed a lot over the past couple of years. Far less criticism of fundies and far more fangirling.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Saylii said:

If Lauren announced Michelle’s party on 9/13, the stick really wasn’t dry yet.  I had a mid-June baby myself and the start date of my last period was 9/7.  Even pushing that up two weeks to compensate for a 6/1 due date is cutting it awfully close.  Lauren had to have announced her pregnancy at sub-4 weeks which is just insane to me.

Seriously! my last cycle was 9-11 for my EDD of 6-18. I didn't tell my family until December, didn't announce on SM until sometime in January. 

However, women can announce whenever they feel comfortable but I do think the whole reliving it now and still being in tears is for the storyline, IMO. Hopefully she had enough reproductive education to know that 1 in 4 pregnancies miscarry, and you are most likely to have one before 6 weeks which is why most people wait until they hear a heartbeat to get excited/announce.

Jessa's post would have been so much better without the preggo selfie and I also hope she got the ok from Lauren to post that

• Love 7

I think the Duggars are living proof of the saying that children learn from what you do rather than what you say. 

The whole time I was reading "Jessa's" post, I wondered where she'd found it to copy.  It doesn't read true to her.  

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think the Duggars are living proof of the saying that children learn from what you do rather than what you say. 

The whole time I was reading "Jessa's" post, I wondered where she'd found it to copy.  It doesn't read true to her.  

I think she often pays some kind of ghost writer. 

• Love 7

Didn't Jill "steal" on of Michelle's pregnancy tests?  So the pee stick was still wet when she announced. 

Jessa is just a self-centered mean girl.  I do not think for one minute she wrote that post.  I feel like someone from TLC  said, "hey, you and Lauren were pregnant about the same time.  Don't you think you need to address it for the new season?"   Jessa asked if she could post a belly picture, they said yes, and then Jessa asked them to write something while she took multiple pictures while hiding out in the bathroom.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm uncomfortable with the none-too-subtle suggestions that Lauren and Si "shouldn't" have announced her pregnancy so early. To me that's darn close to victim-blaming. It was their choice and no one else's.  It's not a couple's responsibility to keep mum and then grieve a miscarriage privately. They can do that if they want, but it's also their choice if they want to announce early and then post about miscarriages on social media. The latter is not my style, but when it comes to other couples, it's not my call. 

I agree with you. I leave that up to the woman. The idea of not announcing so that you don’t have to announce a miscarriage seems to be rooted in shame or that discussing miscarriage is “bad taste”.

Now I think that acting like a first trimester miscarriage is the same as a full term still birth or a deceased 5yrs old is too extra, but I support women talking about their pregnancies when they want. Tons and tons of healthy women have first trimester miscarriages and have healthy children. Maybe if more people talked about that women wouldn’t have so much guilt or shame. 

• Love 22
54 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I leave that up to the woman. The idea of not announcing so that you don’t have to announce a miscarriage seems to be rooted in shame or that discussing miscarriage is “bad taste”.

Now I think that acting like a first trimester miscarriage is the same as a full term still birth or a deceased 5yrs old is too extra, but I support women talking about their pregnancies when they want. Tons and tons of healthy women have first trimester miscarriages and have healthy children. Maybe if more people talked about that women wouldn’t have so much guilt or shame. 

I don't know if you noticed this, but Josiah actually gave the stat during that morning tv interview. He used the 1 in 5 stat (although I've also heard 1 in 4 -- basically they just can't be sure how many; but a lot). ....

But, anyway, he deliberately made the point that it's a very frequent outcome and experience. So somebody has talked to them about it. (okay, I guess I say that because I can't imagine a Duggar learning anything from reading....but maybe one of them read about it?) Anyway, they know. 

Trouble is, I suppose, in Duggardom/Gothardland cultists are so stupid and stuck in their ways that they'd never take the next step and conclude that guilt and shame have no place in this scenario. And, of course, they'd almost certainly suppress conversation about the stat because their cult depends on having women's guilt and shame continue.........

And in the case of this couple, possibly the husband's guilt and shame as well....Can't imagine they don't throw a little of that the man's way if they decide he's not manly enough or is some other kind of apostate......When I heard Josiah quote the stat and note that it's a sad experience that happens to many people, I thought -- "Hey, wonder if that's another reason to send him back to Alert?" 

To get rid of the guilt and shame, you'd probably have to positively affirm for yourself that, biologically, forming a viable embryo out of the egg and sperm is no slam-dunk process for the body and there are going to be problematic nonviable embryos that the body expels because they're nonnviable. Since Gothardites utterly reject science, though (except when it serves their own particular purposes, of course), they're likely to reject looking at it this way. Now and forevermore. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

I don't blame Lauren for announcing "too early". It was her first time being pregnant. I've never been pregnant, but I know if it had ever happened, I'd have been so over the moon excited, that I'd have probably shouted it from the rooftops before the stick was even dry. Lauren was probably just excited thinking she was going to be a mom, and the possibility of miscarriage probably never entered her head.

And, yah, Jessa's a heartless bitch!

• Love 20
On 2/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, leighdear said:

I don't ever recall seeing anything food related, posted by Jill, Jessa or Joy, EVER being even remotely related to organic, paleo, pure raw, veggie, vegan or healthy. 

We've seen in their posts every fast-food franchise, every processed, pre-cooked, preservative packed, sodium laden and manufactured canned, frozen and packaged food on the planet.  A few token attempts at fresh food.  But it's NOT their lifestyle to eat that way. 

A few meal photos of semi-healthy sushi will never convince me that any of them consistently shop at Thrive Market.  Maybe a once or twice order, but only for the novelty.  I don't see their "support" as real or an actual investment in their own health. 

That sugar-filled Popsicle that Israel was slurping down tells the whole story.  Even when sick, the kids get pure crap.  And I just can't see how they would afford it.  

Jessa and Jinger have actually both tried posting photos of  "healthy & fresh" food they have cooked at home numerous times in the past few months. I think they are desperately trying to ditch the "tater tot casserole" image that they've been stuck with since they were children. I give them kudos for attempting a change in the kitchen at least. Now how consistent they are with serving that food on a regular basis...who knows. Poor Jill Dullard has tried to keep up with her sisters by showing off her kitchen skills and recipes but she always miserably fails when she posts on social media. Did anyone see her very sad mashed potato post? It looked like an unappetizing bowl of slop. LOL

In my opinion, nobody has thrown down in the kitchen better than Erin Bates Paine. She also frequently posts food and recipes that actually look good! I shamelessly made her veggie filled hasselback chicken  and twice baked potatoes for dinner the other day. Nothing ground breaking but definitely better than the processed foods they grew up on. 

*** I realize I just gave away my very guilty pleasure of following these nuts on social media! 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The culture at FJ has changed a lot over the past couple of years. Far less criticism of fundies and far more fangirling.

Agreed. FJ used to be an interesting/ informative place to visit.  I left FJ after being seriously attacked and ganged up on for having a slightly different viewpoint than the base there. It was over something really ridiculous too.  They are just as bad as the fundies they condemn only to a different extreme. If you don't 100% agree with them, you will get flamed.  

Edited by LongDenimFrumper
Typo
  • Love 11

I got locked out of my account at FJ a few years ago. I tried contacting them but never got an answer. I never had any warnings so it was a mystery to me.

I peek in when there is big fundie news but , yes, it has changed a lot.

If Lauren had not lost the baby her pregnancy would have generated much more interest than Jessa’s.  That would have been a hard pill to swallow for Jessa.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6
On 2/20/2019 at 5:56 PM, Gweilo said:

Regardless of your personal beliefs, politics, religion, etc. It's still pretty tenuous to stake making your entire "income" through shilling stuff on social media. 

Kylie Jenner seems to have navigated a path to success.

• Love 1

Jilly and Jessa most likely have heard and read the criticisms of the Duggar diet for years.  At least they are trying to improve.  I'm actually surprised all of them don't eat out more.   

Re: FJ - Just a bunch of mean-girls and bullies that live for manufactured internet drama.   I only check it now and then for any possible Arndt Family updates.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jessa is still tone deaf to have not realized that those pregnant photos she posts of herself ARE NOT MODEST in the least....but she's wearing a skirt, so that makes it ok....logic that gives me a headache.

Also HILARIOUS that she is posing right in front of the toilet roll - included in the photo. Soooo classy and modest!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Kylie Jenner seems to have navigated a path to success.

Yeah, but you have to have well over 100 million followers before corporations get that drunk on your unaccountable fame level and start handing you the real money.  

The Duggars are at less than one percent of the required level and don't trigger release of nearly enough sex hormones to come within miles of Kylie's, um, achievements.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

Agreed. FJ used to be an interesting/ informative place to visit.  I left FJ after being seriously attacked and ganged up on for having a slightly different viewpoint than the base there. It was over something really ridiculous too.  They are just as bad as the fundies they condemn only to a different extreme. If you don't 100% agree with them, you will get flamed.  

What is FJ?

• Love 1

Jessas announcement after birth will be 

Hi all welcome our newest tribe member for Jesus Aloe Vera! Hey Lauren and Si come over and meet the baby. Oh yeah Lauren’s baby would be the same age as ours, so cool right? Lauren sorry not sorry.

Toodles, Jessa.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I used to lurk there before I found this site. Last thing I remember being there for was around spurgeon's birth. I was scared to make an account because I saw that happen to other people (and maybe even you! Lol). Then I found this site and saw that people were nice before I signed up. I'm so glad I did!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Momofollieboy said:

What is FJ?

It's another forum called Free Jinger. It isn't just about the Duggars but they are ,of course, the most "famous" and have a long list of topics you can read though. There is a wealth of information posted there about multiple fundie families.  If you get a chance, browsing through the old posts is entertaining if you are looking to kill some time or learn something new about your favorite fundie family or scandal. Just be careful posting... some of the members get heated fast! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I have never posted there but I read occasionally.  I am always struck by how mean some of them can be.  I have noticed this on PTV in other forums so I left those but this one stays pretty kind.

• Love 7

I don't understand how Duggar fans could not see through that post. What if it was about something different? Something less meaningful than expecting a baby?

Like say Lauren totaled her brand new car that she worked years for (I know, just stay with me). And Jessa posted a picture of herself in front of her new car and went on and on about how sad she was for her gracious SIL and her totaled car. How they wouldn't be able to get oil changes together, or go to a drive-in movie together. How Jessa would feel bad when she's driving to Starbucks thinking about Lauren sitting at home with instant coffee.

Would the fans get it then?

Lauren and Josiah lost their baby. 

IMO, Jessa did that post as a way to pave a guilt-free path for her keep posting bump pictures, generating interest and keeping the focus on her without receiving negative feedback. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 20