Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I thought ducklips were what thin-lipped people do to look like the have lips?

Like the Kardashians?

as far as I know, it’s anyone consciously puckering up their lips to look like a butt.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

as far as I know, it’s anyone consciously puckering up their lips to look like a butt.

Actually, although I just now snarked about it, TBH Jessa's not doing a super-exaggerated ducklip type pout in those selfies; I think I've seen her do worse. 

And now, tada! All future photos/selfies of her will feature the Pregnant Woman's Belly-Cradling™ hand position. I wonder if she still has the skin-tight navel-hugging shirts she wore in prior pregnancies. We'll soon find out, I'm sure.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

2 bed/1 bath IIRC. 

13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Two beds and one bath.  She's going to be stacking kids like cordwood. 

Good gosh. I didn't mind having a tiny house when my three were very small, but at least we had 3 tiny bedrooms and a tiny half-bath in addition to a decent-sized main bathroom. I can appreciate the appeal of having fewer rooms and bathrooms to clean, but surely at a certain point they'll admit that they are just too cramped and up in each other's business?  I mean, once she's doing proper, graded homeschooling, where will she store her materials and meet individually with children?  I just can't fathom such a tiny space for a family of 5.

Even in our leanest times, a second toilet was always a deal-breaker for our family. But I guess having a husband/dad with severe IBS will do that to you!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Actually, although I just now snarked about it, TBH Jessa's not doing a super-exaggerated ducklip type pout in those selfies; I think I've seen her do worse. 

And now, tada! All future photos/selfies of her will feature the Pregnant Woman's Belly-Cradling™ hand position. I wonder if she still has the skin-tight navel-hugging shirts she wore in prior pregnancies. We'll soon find out, I'm sure.

If she doesn't, I am sure Cousin Famy can find some new shirts for her in her store.  None of the Duggar girls seem to wear actual  maternity clothes.

• Love 8
On 12/24/2018 at 7:41 AM, Kbo said:

When I was growing up it was tradition to get a new Lanz of Salzburg flannel nightgown every year. I still have a soft spot for them but Mr. Kbo is not a fan. Sigh. 

That was our tradition as well!  But my mom had to take out any elastic at the wrists before we would wear it.  Frankly I haven't worn a nightgown since.  They would get tangled around my legs and I would get really freaking hot in it.  But when my niece was young I was really tempted to get her one just to continue the tradition.  Vermont Country Store I think still has them.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Aw, proper graded homeschooling, individual attention to children: that's sweet. But, this is a Duggar we're talking about. The issues may not arise. 

Haha! I just can't help but hope Jessa will do at least marginally better than her birth mom did in that department.  The bar is pretty low.

• Love 8
On 12/28/2018 at 5:59 PM, Zella said:

I know some churches that do the footwashing thing somewhat regularly--the point being it demonstrates the humility of the one doing the washing. I just am way too weirded out by feet (and self conscious about the size of mine) to ever participate in such a thing at any time but especially at my wedding. 

A religious conference wanted to use our food court for the foot washing ceremony (not religious, no idea what is is called).  I put the kibosh on it because its a food court and there was no place to really deal with the water change out to wash them other than our public bathroom.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Portia said:

Haha! I just can't help but hope Jessa will do at least marginally better than her birth mom did in that department.  The bar is pretty low.

I know, and I share that hope. I think Ben had a better homeschool education than Jessa and he may be the good influence on this matter.

• Love 11

So if the show ever ends, Bin will now be responsible for supporting a family of 5 (minimum). That would be a heavy lift, I'd think, given what I expect his job prospects are....Wonder if he'll finish school soon? 

On the other hand, who am kidding? This show will never end. Apparently TLC has zero ideas for shows that they can air without having members of the cast quickly outed as various kinds of child abusers or domestic terrorists or something. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Who the heck will ever want to court a guy and explain to people that your intended is named "Spurge" or "Spurgy"? That'll sound nuts even by Gothardland standards. 

I guess when he gets older, he can decide he wants to go by "Elliot"? Which is apparently what Jessa wanted to call him from the beginning. After the backlash they've gotten for that name, there's no way she's going to let Ben choose any future first names. I think the third will be something along the lines of a "Henry"--anything weird will be relegated to the middle name.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's good, although I feel like it's better for a girl.  

I'll continue to root for the Calvinist-theologian name I've favored ever since we heard the Spurgeon announcement:   Huldrych Zwingli Seewald. 

Neither name is pronounceable or suggests any really viable nicknames. That way Spurge won't be the only one in the family who has that problem. 

Who the heck will ever want to court a guy and explain to people that your intended is named "Spurge" or "Spurgy"? That'll sound nuts even by Gothardland standards. 

I want to suggest something I've thought ever since that awful name was announced.  He could go by Spur; it would be a "macho" name in the style of Rock, Tab and Troy.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I want to suggest something I've thought ever since that awful name was announced.  He could go by Spur; it would be a "macho" name in the style of Rock, Tab and Troy.

Weren’t those all gay men? Love to see how Jessa and Bin would deal with that.

• Love 11

From their blog:

Exciting News!!

January 9, 2019

We are overjoyed that God has blessed us with a baby, due late this Spring! From the day we found out we were expecting, we both guessed boy, and if our predictions are right then we already have a ton the clothing and accessories ready to pass down! At the same time, we would absolutely love it if we found out we were having a girl—though we’ve joked that we’d be starting from square one and might have to learn a few things. -Jessa

Henry doesn’t have a clue what’s coming, but Spurgeon understands and he talks about the baby quite a bit. Seeing our boys meet their new sibling for the first time is something we are really looking forward to!  We realize that, in going from two to three kids, we’re about to switch from man-to-man to zone coverage, so we’ve definitely been taking advice from friends who are already in this stage! We love being parents and are really looking forward to this new arrival! - Ben

• Love 6

Jessa is the queen of trying to mislead everyone. She did a good job with the pics from Amy's store. I'm guessing those were taken closer to Thanksgiving.

I wonder if they'll veer away from religious names for girls and go with something trendy. 

Late Spring will mean that the boys will be around 3 1/2 and 2 and a few months, Jessa will be 26. How old will Ben be?

Time for the rest of the pregnancy announcements to start rolling in.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Weren’t those all gay men? Love to see how Jessa and Bin would deal with that.

The first two, yes.  Troy Donahue got married a lot, but who knows.  Jessa and Ben would be unlikely to know anything about them, but if so, only the public image. 

• Love 2

I wonder how long it will be before we get a similar joyful announcement from the Dillards?  I can't think that Jill will let Jessa get too far ahead of her in the baby stakes.  And it will be interesting to see how many of the other sisters/sisters-in-law will have their own joyful announcements.  I think that 2019 will prove to be a fruitful year for the Duggar clan.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa will be 26. How old will Ben be?

Fifteen.

22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How trumptastic of her to capitalize “spring!”

She probably thinks it's the name of a month.

There are no words for that dress. Give her a bonnet and she could switch over to that Breaking Amish show.

They're going to have a bajillion kids. Make note.

• Love 18

Well kids, this is what happens when you don't believe in birth control. 

Atleast Henry is almost 2.

I'm not surprised she's pregnant. 

On 12/30/2018 at 2:37 AM, Temperance said:

In the latest photos, Jessa looks like she might be pregnant, but you never know. 

I'm surprised she's so far along though. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Late Spring will mean that the boys will be around 3 1/2 and 2 and a few months, Jessa will be 26. How old will Ben be?

Ben's birthday is in the middle of May. He's 23. It seems like the baby will born after his 24th birthday. 

• Love 5

I think Jessa is lying through her teeth that she'd be happy with another boy,  Ben, sure.  But not Jessa. 

And I think she looks like crap in those stupid dresses with the clodhopper boots and too-thick leggings.  Her hair looks dry & lifeless, and that pasted on smile looks totally fake.  She looks older than 26 and Ben does too.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 17
23 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think Jessa is lying through her teeth that she'd be happy with another boy,  Ben, sure.  But not Jessa. 

And I think she looks like crap in those stupid dresses with the clodhopper boots and too-thick leggings.  Her hair looks dry & lifeless, and that pasted on smile looks totally fake.  She looks older than 26 and Ben does too.  

I hadn't noticed it before I saw this closeup, but both Bin's and Jessa's smiles do look darned painted on in that Christmas picture....

Of course if I'd spent a whole day with that mob of dumbbells at the TTH, my smile would be pasted on too.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Like Wilberforce. If it's another boy, I will guess Tozer for the middle name. Girls? They may go the virtue name route.

I think they'd consider Tozer normal enough for a first name. That poor baby.

2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

So are we going to have another homebirth?

Oh, definitely. If she had a homebirth with Henry after what happened with Spurgeon's birth, there's no way she wouldn't now since Henry's birth was apparently uneventful.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Bonhoffer Seewald? King James Seewald?

Depends on whether they've heard the rumors about Bonhoeffer being too irreligious and lefty and King James too potentially gay! ;  )

Also, Jim Bob would probably take issue with anybody else being called "King." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7