Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is she the police officer?  Pretty ring.

Yes, they are both officers.

1 minute ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That better be a virgin martini Jess is drinking. ;)

She drinks. She posted a picture of her a few months ago of her food with a Corona bottle.

• Love 8
On 12/11/2018 at 2:58 PM, Christina87 said:

I think Bin would be excellent at this! I could also really see him becoming a teacher. No, he should NOT teach middle school; he would be eaten alive. I could see him teaching other grades, though. In high school, he could coach football, and maybe other sports. He would be known as the laid-back gym teacher who is passionate about health. I could see him doing an awesome job telling the kids about healthy living practices, since he seems to care so much about eating and wellness (sex Ed could be a sore spot, but we mostly had that in middle school, not high school). I think even non-athletes could respect him, and the girls would think he was cute. He taught Jessa and joy to work out without being judgmental, so maybe he could reach kids who otherwise wouldn't exercise. If he did elementary, he would be soooo good with that age, and could even still coach...though it wouldn't be as prestigious. I agree with you that he would be an excellent role model for kids, and they need one! I also think he is one of the few who would excel outside his bubble. I could see him realizing how hard life is for some of his poor students, and actually doing something about it. I also think Bin would be a good SAHD, but his cult would never allow it. He is so nurturing and good with children! Bin is one of the few in-laws I can actually get on board with. 

There are at least one million people who are studying to be teachers or coaches who would be hired before Bin.....the ones who are doing volunteer work with kids on the weekends, assistant coaching, working for low pay to gain experience while taking courses, doing things like student teaching, working in a school as a paraprofessional or tutor or sub...... just about anything  than exceeds showing up for one day of handing out t-shirts at a football camp or rolling around on the floor with his own kids for a propaganda video.  I don't see him putting in the effort nor showing that he'd be any good at it.

• Love 15

Love the martini front and center in that pic!  Mom and dad have got to love that!

also at first glance in the first photo she looks about 10 months pregnant!  Her dress blends into his pants making it appear as if it’s an enormous belly!  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Lunera said:

Bin's little sister got engaged.

Can't these people proofread anything? I'm sure his name is Phillip not Phillips as was typed.  It's probably a spell check thing but still.  My apologies if his name  really is Phillips. 

I love Spurgey reading his book aloud.  Kids this age are so cute when they "read"  by memorization.  I wonder if Izzy reads aloud to Sammy?  His stomach is probably in knots thinking about the possible repercussions if he reads it wrong. (JMO)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, drafan said:

There are at least one million people who are studying to be teachers or coaches who would be hired before Bin.....the ones who are doing volunteer work with kids on the weekends, assistant coaching, working for low pay to gain experience while taking courses, doing things like student teaching, working in a school as a paraprofessional or tutor or sub...... just about anything  than exceeds showing up for one day of handing out t-shirts at a football camp or rolling around on the floor with his own kids for a propaganda video.  I don't see him putting in the effort nor showing that he'd be any good at it.

Well, he wouldn't obviously be hired on the spot, but he would do these things on the way to getting his bachelor's degree. I teach in NC, which has a teacher shortage, but it's rather easy here to get a PE job as a first-year teacher without a huge amount of experience. I'd think Arkansas might be an easy place to get a job, too. If he did undergrad and majored in PE, they would set him up with coaching internships, and if he could assist the football team during student teaching, he would have a pretty solid resume. Sadly, it won't happen because fundies discourage higher education (and I'm sure they discourage working in a setting like public school with lots of non-Christians, at least beyond the elementary level), but I think he would do fine if this was an option available to him, and I think he would enjoy it. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures 

A look at the store website reveals that Amy's pulled back some on the revealing clothes and stocked up on more oversized cardigans and such. That seems like a wise move to me, given the name of the store and the Duggar connection. But the stock is still such a mishmash of covered-up and massively revealing  that it seems like a recipe for going broke even quicker than the average small clothing store. 

I can't figure out why she'd even want to have this store. I can't imagine anybody really seeing it as an actual moneymaker.  That would even be a stretch just selling the stuff online, I would think, let alone trying to sustain a brick-and-mortar presence also. ........Maybe Dillon needs some kind of tax dodge? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Jessa looks really pretty with her hair up and I predict this store will crash and burn very quickly.

The style of merchandise is all over the place, and it seems heavy on tops and short on items that can make a complete outfit. Boutiques tend to be pricier than large retailers, and I don't see anything there that I'd be willing to pay a premium for. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures 

I like the way Jessa's now jumped on Amy's bandwagon of "consider me a Duggar -- for PR purposes."   

"It's been a long time coming," but finally "A Duggar girl and her husband" did this thing we never expected a "Duggar girl" would do (because they wouldn't, actually.) 

Wonder why she's using that title and that framing for Amy that Amy hopes will get her more attention?

Maybe because even Jessa knows that those the public actually thinks of as "Duggar girls" are pretty weak sauce when it comes to TeeVee fare, with their highly limited range of activities -- so she might as well expand the brand in hopes of making things more enticing? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

On the one hand, I wasn’t all that surprised that Jessa used the term “Duggar girl” because Amy grew up with the Duggar name.  My mom gave us all her maiden name so all of our cousins made sure we were included when they used the family name. Maybe she was doing it to be nice and extend an olive branch to their strained relationship. 

But then I remembered that it does seem like they include only Amy for business purposes.  The tv show, magazines, stores...they’re close to each other when it’s convenient. Jessa is going to “model” some of the clothes too, making this mutually beneficial.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I thought Amy was given her father's name and only started using Duggar when the family became famous?

Yep. It wasn't her legal name. She had her father's name. She's adopted the "Duggar" handle only at times when she figured it would help her PR as far as I can see. 

• Love 13

This store has money LSU deri g tax write off written al, over it.

Jessa mst be desperate to appear to have a career, or something going on in her life besides her kids. Injectinging herself into Amy’s failing enterprise is fairly low risk.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't see anything there that I'd be willing to pay a premium for. 

I have a feeling most people will be paying for the ability to say they bought something from "the Duggar store" (if that's your thing). Kinda like how people would do at the Kardashians' store.

• Love 6

This is me being a bitch, but I had a good laugh at Amy's fashion shop being in Springdale. Because in the NWA metro area, Springdale is the redheaded stepchild compared to Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Rogers and is not where anyone thinks of when it comes to cute/trendy/fasionable shopping. That being said, the property was probably way cheaper for that reason. And I actually don't dislike Springdale and think people can be rude about it, so I'll stop being a jerk now.

I don't foresee the business lasting long, but maybe I'll be proven wrong. Noticed Amy had a champagne opening today. 

• Love 19

The thought crossed my mind that Jim Bob and Mullet, or Grandma Duggar, are backing Amy's business as a tax loss.*

The pictures look like the kind of store I'd look in and pass on my way to stores that actually look inviting. 

*Now that I think of it, it's probably Grandma. 

Edited by Heathen
ETA Grandma
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The thought crossed my mind that Jim Bob and Mullet, or Grandma Duggar, are backing Amy's business as a tax loss.*

The pictures look like the kind of store I'd look in and pass on my way to stores that actually look inviting. 

*Now that I think of it, it's probably Grandma. 

Grandma is the most likely backer. If Jim Bob was going to finance a dress shop as a tax write-off, I think he’d let Jana be the one to run it, to counter the frequent criticism that Jana is not permitted to have any life except that of a household drudge. Or he’d do something other than a dress shop and put one of his sons in charge. I don’t think he’d do it for Amy, even if there was some financial benefit to him. He’s never seemed very fond of her and probably regards her as a bad influence on his kids.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Grandma is the most likely backer. If Jim Bob was going to finance a dress shop as a tax write-off, I think he’d let Jana be the one to run it, to counter the frequent criticism that Jana is not permitted to have any life except that of a household drudge. Or he’d do something other than a dress shop and put one of his sons in charge. I don’t think he’d do it for Amy, even if there was some financial benefit to him. He’s never seemed very fond of her and probably regards her as a bad influence on his kids.

I also don't think he'd allow some of the clothing I've seen pics of in the shop if he had any hand in the matter. 

• Love 2

Isn’t Jessa supposedly going to model for Amy?  I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole “Duggar girl” thing was some kind of influencer thing, especially if Jessa was thrown a few extra bucks from Grandma or the vault for participating.

Proverbs 31:30 New International Version (NIV)

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Is this where the name came from?

image.png.70284d4b8e2559faa449eec72e41e1f4.pngOMG hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Proverbs 31:30 New International Version (NIV)

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Is this where the name came from?

image.png.70284d4b8e2559faa449eec72e41e1f4.pngOMG hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

Yeah, she's morphing into a slightly more suitable quotes, though. Seems she's taking in some criticisms of her marketing savvy. ha....

A couple of days ago, she was actually quoting the KJV of Proverbs 31, verse 30, the verse that the shop is actually named for and which you quote above in a different translation. I'm guessing that 3130 became a shorthand thing because this is the verse that hits the essence, i.e., fearing the Lord is really the only thing that matters:   "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised," in the KJV. "Beauty is vain" really makes sense as a dress-shop promotion, doesn't it?  (Given that the shop is now selling the incredible item above, though, I may be dead wrong about that...)

Anyway, now in her "about" section (at the bottom of the home page), she's saying this --   '3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible from Proverbs.  “She is clothed with strength and dignity,and she laughs without fear of the future“.'     

Which is Prov 31, verse 25, and also not the KJV any more. The KJV of verse 25 is this -- 25 "Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come."   

Maybe she noticed that also could be a bit problematic, since it could almost imply that the nature of one's actual clothing doesn't matter because if you have strength and honour, that's all you really need -- so she switched translations? .... Anyway, the "laughs without fear" version of verse 25 that she's using is from the New Living Translation, which according to Wikipedia is the new name for what was originally called "The Living Bible." It originally came out in the 1990s and attempts to translate the bible into clear modern language ....

I'd think the Duggs -- and certainly their guy Gothard -- would raise quite a few disapproving eyebrows at that choice. Since according to them the KJV is the ACTUAL bible -- since those guys in Edinburgh in the early 1600s clearly had a direct line to God. ... 

... Izzy and Spurge have recently had to memorize and recite Psalm 1 out of the KJV, after all. So it seems a little unfair that Amy, who's a high school graduate, gets to use the easy (and wrong, of course) version. 

26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yikes. A least throw a wide belt over that schmatta, aka, “the shirt my deceased grandfather wore for thirty years when he went out to chop firewood.”

And it's so baggy that, for all we know, gramps may still be in it. 

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I like the dress. A cute t-shirt underneath, leggings and boots.

Good point. It could be one of the few Duggar-related clothing items that would actually be improved with the modesty tee shirt and leggings appended......Of course, I guess it's no good to wear them with clothing items for which they're appropriate. Because then how would everyone know that you're being holy and modest instead of, you know, stylish or something? 

ETA: Have I scrolled too fast through her clothing offerings or does Amy have a big predilection for selling tops but no bottoms that would work with them? (few bottoms at all, really.....Maybe because people of different sizes will buy the same top and just have it fitting differently while bottoms tend to be more of a you've-got-to-get-it-right thing sizewise? .......Wait. Am I trying to attribute logic to Amy?) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
On 12/15/2018 at 4:00 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

On the one hand, I wasn’t all that surprised that Jessa used the term “Duggar girl” because Amy grew up with the Duggar name.  My mom gave us all her maiden name so all of our cousins made sure we were included when they used the family name. Maybe she was doing it to be nice and extend an olive branch to their strained relationship. 

But then I remembered that it does seem like they include only Amy for business purposes.  The tv show, magazines, stores...they’re close to each other when it’s convenient. Jessa is going to “model” some of the clothes too, making this mutually beneficial.

I don't think this is really benefitting Jessa. My first thought when I saw this post was that Jessa was doing Amy a solid by promoting Amy's store to 2 million followers. That is some serious free advertising right there. 

• Love 11
On 12/15/2018 at 3:04 PM, BitterApple said:

Jessa looks really pretty with her hair up and I predict this store will crash and burn very quickly.

The style of merchandise is all over the place, and it seems heavy on tops and short on items that can make a complete outfit. Boutiques tend to be pricier than large retailers, and I don't see anything there that I'd be willing to pay a premium for. 

Several times on vacation, we love to find quaint down towns and visit all the stores. The boutiques have some really cute clothes but they are quite pricey. I remember a trendy pair of jeans that I really liked. $70..... not for something I might wear one season. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Several times on vacation, we love to find quaint down towns and visit all the stores. The boutiques have some really cute clothes but they are quite pricey. I remember a trendy pair of jeans that I really liked. $70..... not for something I might wear one season. 

Maybe things'll be cheaper at 3130, aka "Dillon and Grandma's Little Tax Dodge." 

• Love 12