Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa got a little defensive about Bin and her marriage when a fan asked about him. I'm pretty sure the fan just wanted to know what Ben was up to since he finished school and has abandoned social media. 

Screenshot_20181026-132129.thumb.jpg.931e813388e744a85d8a88b7d54098e8.jpgScreenshot_20181026-131934.thumb.jpg.59950496db5f86a51b6afcaa5fd27cb3.jpg

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She didn’t answer the poster’s questions about Bin, at all.

That still doesn't mean that she made it about her.  Her non-answer about Ben probably means she doesn't want to tell us where he is or what he's been up to, which may be something both she and Ben are trying to hide.  She also is saying that what she likes to share with people are homemovies featuring her kids and not her or Ben and it doesn't mean anything. She does answer that she and Ben are fine. 

I would agree that she was evasive and didn't directly answer either  question. She did somewhat answer why he is not on her social media videos a lot of the time.  I also think the person asking the question was being a little nosy and that there may have been subtext that Jessa did answer. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jessa got a little defensive about Bin and her marriage when a fan asked about him. I'm pretty sure the fan just wanted to know what Ben was up to since he finished school and has abandoned social media. 

Screenshot_20181026-132129.thumb.jpg.931e813388e744a85d8a88b7d54098e8.jpgScreenshot_20181026-131934.thumb.jpg.59950496db5f86a51b6afcaa5fd27cb3.jpg

Hey Jessa, that wasn’t the question. Might want to brush up on your reading comprehension. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Madly in love and our marriage is thriving and wonderful" is what i see on every couple's facebook who is IRL miserable.

That's my experience as well. I had one former co-worker who constantly did the "Best Husband Evah!!!" humblebrag on social media. Meanwhile the guy in question was a sleaze who'd hit on half the women in the office at every Christmas party. 

I can see Jessa being happy, because it's her way or the highway all the time. Bin is the type to give in yet stew in silence, and that relationship dynamic is a powder keg ready to blow. 

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Bin is the type to give in yet stew in silence, and that relationship dynamic is a powder keg ready to blow. 

That's exactly what he did. Ben admitted to giving Jessa the silent treatment when he became angry with her. He said he would never do it again but who knows how many times he has held back to avoid a bigger conflict.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I've wondered that, too. Jessa is also lying. We've seen plenty of her out at Tacos4Life and at the TTH, but Ben has been glaringly absent. I don't necessarily think that she and Ben are on the road to divorce, but whatever is going on isn't "nothing."

• Love 13
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Interesting that her first instinct was to get huffy and defensive. I wonder if Bin would agree that they're thriving and wonderful?

Honestly, I'v been assuming Jessa and Ben's marriage is as stable and happy as a fundie marriage can be, but that response? Those two are in trouble. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

That still doesn't mean that she made it about her.  Her non-answer about Ben probably means she doesn't want to tell us where he is or what he's been up to, which may be something both she and Ben are trying to hide.  She also is saying that what she likes to share with people are homemovies featuring her kids and not her or Ben and it doesn't mean anything. She does answer that she and Ben are fine. 

I would agree that she was evasive and didn't directly answer either  question. She did somewhat answer why he is not on her social media videos a lot of the time.  I also think the person asking the question was being a little nosy and that there may have been subtext that Jessa did answer. 

Jessa's response was so over the top that I'd wonder if that person has a history of being nasty, but Jessa blocks everyone she perceives as rude. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

"Madly in love and our marriage is thriving and wonderful" is what i see on every couple's facebook who is IRL miserable.

This is also the classic response celebrity couples release via their rep after an article about them being in the verge of a divorce comes out in one of the supermarket tabloids.

... and then four to six months later they also release a statement about how they're staying friends as they get divorced.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, McManda said:

... and then four to six months later they also release a statement about how they're staying friends as they get divorced.

Along with a plea for "privacy" as they navigate this difficult time.

• Love 18

I think Jessa's non-answer and affirmation that her marriage was fine was an indirect way of saying it's none of your business. I don't think there are any more issues in her marriage than in any marriage under the same circumstances. And I don't think she lied, the majority of her posts are about her boys. There have been occasional glimpses of Ben and more frequent sightings of Jessa, but they mainly show the boys being cute. 

Whether they're on TV, social media, or whatever, Jessa and Ben have no obligation to share any more of their personal life than they want to share. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Whether they're on TV, social media, or whatever, Jessa and Ben have no obligation to share any more of their personal life than they want to share. 

But it's much more fun to imagine Jessa the dominatrix not allowing Ben to get online.?

Edited by ChiCricket
Needed an emoji :-D
  • Love 14

So why isn’t Jessa wearing pants yet? Joy’s stuck in skirts for life because her headship thinks it’s ungodly for wimmenfolk to wear trousers, but both Jill and Jinger have been rocking pants for a while now and the earth hasn’t swallowed them whole. Many of the Bates girls wear pants, and we’ve seen Jessa’s friends do the same. I have a very hard time believing that Ben cares enough to forbid Jessa from wearing pants. Is she truly “devout” enough to think it’s not okay to wear pants? 

• Love 15

How many followers does Jessa have? How many make comments? She chose to answer that one?

Even if the question didn't hit a relationship nerve, Jessa's over-the-top, read-between-the-lines, snippy response still feels 'mean girl'.

These celebrity Fundy girls need to grow some thick skin or walk away. Alyssa Bates shut down her Instagram for a while because followers were questioning her first daughter's development. Now she's shilling for hits.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As I understand it, to trust that anything like parenting can head people away from wrongdoing would violate their brand of faith completely, really.

The whole point of their theology is that no human thing is of any use in stopping any human from following sin (ever since that thing that Eve did. lol)..... In fact, even the one thing you CAN do -- accept Jesus as your personal savior from the hellfire and damnation and so on that you completely deserve simply by virtue of being one of the fallen (i.e., human)  -- doesn't even have the power to stop you from SINNING. Instead, it ultimately saves you from the consequences of your sin. 

Basically, they reject the idea that any human action at all has any positive efficacy in the great scheme of things. That's what the rejection of the Catholic theology regarding "works" is about, really. And it's why they bitterly hate and condemn anything that smacks of "humanism." In their theology, humans are all pure damnable shit every day and in every way, so humans in and of themselves can never ever be the source of any positive values, in their view. The only good in the world is your statement/mindset of total faith in Jesus-as-your-personal savior. Jesus is the exclusive route to ANYTHING good.

Jesus is s VERY jealous god, in their theology. He requires rejecting the idea that any other paths to anything good can exist alongside him. And that totally includes stuff like good parenting. Because no matter HOW "good" a parent you are, your kids are still gonna be totally completely absolutely and eternally sin-driven and hellbound. And their only way out of being in this state for eternity, instead of just for the duration of their current mortal lives, is if they themselves adopt the proper faith in Jesus. I've always thought it's a very weird theology, and I still do. 

Especially because it's based on the idea that humans are utterly corrupt. But then those who accept and embrace that idea tend to end up using their embrace of it to imply that they, themselves, are actually pretty A-1 terrific. ... Hence, the Duggars. 

All I can figure is that people who really really really are insecure and don't trust themselves or their own motives at all may gravitate to this because it says they're right not to trust themselves at all and then offers them a way out. .... And then they pass this idea on to their kids, many of whom parrot it because they've been fed on the parents' fear of their own natures AND they've been actively discouraged from doing anything humanistic like thinking, learning or exercising logic. ....Hence, the Duggars.

Beautifully summed up. I've known my share of this type, and it's really hard to describe just how vile they consider human nature while still believing that their perfect God could do no better as far as creating beings with free will who would not immediately fall from grace.

It's funny how they seem to still believe that those who manage to get into heaven, while presumably still having free will, will never sin  again, despite having all of eternity to think about it. Why didn't he create an Earth like that while he had the chance?

• Love 9

I agree, if you put yourself on SM for the world to see you need to be prepared for the backlash.

However, While I do think Jessa called attention to an issue that really wasn't being addressed ( Doth protest too much!) I don't think her response was that bitchy??

Then again, I follow the teen moms so my bar is probably very very low on what will register for bitchy. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I agree, if you put yourself on SM for the world to see you need to be prepared for the backlash.

However, While I do think Jessa called attention to an issue that really wasn't being addressed ( Doth protest too much!) I don't think her response was that bitchy??

Then again, I follow the teen moms so my bar is probably very very low on what will register for bitchy. 

Yeah, I think I have a pretty high bar for bitchiness because while I don't think I'm much prone to exhibiting it, I also know that when something either strikes me as unfair or brings out my defensive side because a sensitive nerve HAS been touched, I'm as capable of it as anyone else. Mostly I just look at it and either figure that someone's kind of entitled to a reaction, or understand how easy it is to overreact when a nerve has been struck. It's not generally that big a deal, and most of us will do it here and there.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MunichNark said:

She is such an ill-mannered, rude, snappy entitled little bitch, isn't she? Offering far too much information when it wasn't called for is rather tellng

She’s clearly attempting to obscure the truth, which is that she finally snapped, unhinged her jaw, and ate him. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Yeah, I didn't find her response particularly bitchy, just way too defensive considering how mild the comment was. Which is why, if Jessa weren't so quick with the block button, I'd assume the person making the comment has a history of probing questions and implications. 

I actually don't care about celebrities being bitchy on social media. Because while, yes, it's absolutely true that if you put your life out there, you're going to have to accept that a lot of people are going to be rude and nasty, that doesn't mean that those people are right in being nasty. And if one is going to be rude to a celebrity online, I wish it were over something worthwhile.  I cringe at the stupidity of some of the comments that the Duggars get, and not because I care about their feelings. They are horrible people with evil beliefs, but the asinine stupidity of some of the criticisms they get just makes them look like the reasonable ones. Celebrities should be smart about choosing their battles, of course, but I'm all for a well-deserved clapback. That's what makes Chrissy Teigen such a joy to follow. 

• Love 10

I don't find Jessa's response overly bitchy at all. If Abbie had the same conversation with a poster about John, would she be deemed a bitch? Probably not. But because it's Jessa, it seems the automatic assumption is she's an ungrateful bitch who wants her cake and to eat it too. On the flip side, Jessa is well aware that 95% of such questions or comments like the one about Ben have an ulterior motive, so it's natural if she's on the defensive. Imagine the responses if she had said he's been studying (Shouldn't he have graduated by now? What's he going to do with his degree, preach at a woman hating church?) or said he's been working (Doing, what? Still cleaning toilets for your father?). And since so many assume that Ben has to be regretting marrying a woman with strong opinions and has to be wishing he never married her at all, she didn't win there either. If she hadn't answered at all, well she's rude for not replying to questions or only replying to "leg humpers". Given that no matter what she said, or didn't say, she really couldn't win, I think her response is fine. 

• Love 11

I wonder if the poster had straight out asked how Ben's schooling was going, did he enjoy his lessons, was he interning at their church, or something specific if Jessa would have given a straight answer. While I personally didn't think her answer was bitchy or defensive, it also didn't answer the underlying question, which was what is Ben up to these days.  Jessa may have interpreted the comment that the poster doesn't see much of Ben on her social media to mean the poster thinks there is trouble in the marriage because she and Ben aren't joined at the hip like Jill & Derick or Jinger & Jeremy, and she replied accordingly. 
Everything is open to interpretation. I post what I mean, so I tend to take things at face value unless/until it's proven the poster is a massive liar and complete jerk, like Derick. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, I agree that Jessa didn't answer the question. The post didn't ask if everything was 'ok' in the Seewald Jr. household, it asked what has Ben been up to lately, (work, school, hobbies) as he hasn't been seen or posted about in a little while. I think this was a perfectly legitimate question. Instead, Jessa answered that they are 'more in love than ever'? Who the hell says that? I think the shine has worn off a bit with those two. I really think that Ben has a bit of 'buyers remorse' with Jessa. She's not the young woman and wife he expected on a day to day basis. It's her way or the highway, she insults him on national TV, says he needs to grow up because he enjoys playing his video games, etc. What the heck does Jessa even know about video games as those things, as were MOST THINGS were banned from her parents' house when she was growing up?

Ben's father really screwed up things for his young, impressionable and HORNY son.

This reminded me of Jon and Kate.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I always love the "we can't wait to see what's in store for you in the future" part of these .... Because as far as I can tell, not much good of note has been in store for any of the Duggarlings yet..... I'm beginning to conclude that they're the biggest cockeyed optimists ever. Or they just mean "in the afterlife."  

Babies Churchie. How many babies are in their future.

• Love 8