Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa looks nice here! If I saw the three of them st Chick-fil-A, I would think they were normal. I would NEVER think that of Jilly muffin lol! Also, I doubt Jilly has friends that she would go out with. I'm glad that Jessa at least gets out there and makes friends, and even if they are very, very conservative Christian, they do "normal" things like wear pants. I think this can only be a positive!

IMG_4443.PNG

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jessa looks nice here! If I saw the three of them st Chick-fil-A, I would think they were normal. I would NEVER think that of Jilly muffin lol! Also, I doubt Jilly has friends that she would go out with. I'm glad that Jessa at least gets out there and makes friends, and even if they are very, very conservative Christian, they do "normal" things like wear pants. I think this can only be a positive!

IMG_4443.PNG

That gal with the headband needs to give it a rest with those.  She has a little head and it overtakes it.  It almost looks like a head wound bandage.  Sierra looks FABULOUS!  Jessa looks fine and normal.  Maybe a little fuller in the face?  Pregnant?

• Love 6

To me, Jessa looks a bit heavier, all over.   I don't like Sierra's shoes, but she looks good otherwise.  The woman on the left is cute!  Her glasses are almost the same ones I wear.  I don't like her headband, but at least she wore her hair up.  I do like updos on most of these women, because it looks neater and less scraggly.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

To me, Jessa looks a bit heavier, all over.   I don't like Sierra's shoes, but she looks good otherwise.  The woman on the left is cute!  Her glasses are almost the same ones I wear.  I don't like her headband, but at least she wore her hair up.  I do like updos on most of these women, because it looks neater and less scraggly.

Yeah, the shoes are definitely wrong for the rest of Sierra's silhouette; and maybe are the wrong shoes with any outfit - I can't really tell, except that with the cut-outs on the T-strap, it looks kind of like the Tin Man in combination with her jeans embellishments.  Probably almost unquestionably be better suited for a strappy little dress or short skirt... I'm impressed she spent money on some frivolous "non-mom" clothes though.  

• Love 3

I remember Jessa went on a really limited diet when she was breastfeeding Henry after they suspected he had some sort of allergy. Maybe that's been straightened out and she put some weight back on now that she's eating normally. She doesn't look overweight by any means, but definitely a little fuller than in the recent past.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

Jessa's hair drives me crazy, it makes her look messy. She needs to start wearing updos with her hair that long. Even a headband would be nice.

Edited by Lunera
Typed too fast on my phone
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I remember Jessa went on a really limited diet when she was breastfeeding Henry after they suspected he had some sort of allergy. Maybe that's been straightened out and she put some weight back on now that she's eating normally. She doesn't look overweight by any means, but definitely a little fuller than in the recent past.

Jessa just looked overly skinny in a recent show.  I think it was the one where she and Joy walked indoors someplace, and Joy was hugely pregnant.  I remember thinking how toothpick-like Jessa's legs looked, particularly.

No way is Jessa overweight in the photo, I agree.  It just looked like she had gained a few pounds compared to the show, which was filmed several months ago.  

It could be the camera angle as well?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jessa's hair drives me crazy, it makes her looks messy. She needs to start wearing updos with her hair that long. Even a headband wold be nice.

I've never understood women with super long hair not doing anything with it. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jessa's hair drives me crazy, it makes her looks messy. She needs to start wearing updos with her hair that long. Even a headband wold be nice.

Me too. You can never really look polished when your hair is scraggly, too-long and dried out. She needs to lop a good eight inches off.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me too. You can never really look polished when your hair is scraggly, too-long and dried out. She needs to lop a good eight inches off.

Yep, if she trimmed the dead stuff off and took the length up to around the top of her chest, it would look so much healthier.  Sierra’s long hair looks so much thicker and healthier than Jessa’s.

• Love 7

Someone her explained that the Bible says a woman's hair should be her crowning glory, so I guess that's why they think they are somehow being ultra religious with their long hair.  There are other religions where women do the same, of course.  What i don't understand, though, is why they are so sure that long hair equals crowning glory.  

I know many women who have hair that really is one of their best features, but they keep it, gasp, short and styled.  Or mid length and styled.  I just don't see how long, unhealthy, unruly, unflattering hair glorifies anyone.  

• Love 24

Snort re: the ginormous bandage headband!  Reign it in, Tacos4Life lady!

i hadn’t realized that Sierra has converted to the dark side and is now jeans wearing. Who’s next down that slippery slope?!  Next they’ll all have nose rings and sleeveless tops!  

• Love 11

i can recall seeing Jana, and, to a lesser extent, Joy, and, to a much lesssr extent, Jill, with actual hairstyles (updos/braids). I don’t recall offhand seeing Jinger or Jessa having their hair any way but long and loose.

My daughter’s hair is about the same length as Anna’s, and I am HERE FOR IT. I have learned how to do all sorts of little girl hairstyles courtesy Pinterest and YouTube. Her hair is still too short to do some of them. It’s a shame Jessa has all that hair and does nothing with it.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_4443.PNG

Screenshot_20180922-210730.jpg.b0f79757b1c8702feb13885a6d2533f8.jpg

This is Jessa exactly 2 months ago at another get together with Sierra. She's definitely fuller. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

i can recall seeing Jana, and, to a lesser extent, Joy, and, to a much lesssr extent, Jill, with actual hairstyles (updos/braids). I don’t recall offhand seeing Jinger or Jessa having their hair any way but long and loose.

My daughter’s hair is about the same length as Anna’s, and I am HERE FOR IT. I have learned how to do all sorts of little girl hairstyles courtesy Pinterest and YouTube. Her hair is still too short to do some of them. It’s a shame Jessa has all that hair and does nothing with it.

Maybe Jessa's hair is too thick for purpose?  I have thick wavy-straight moderately-coarse hair and there are a whole host of things I can't do with it, including the incredibly basic "tie a knot in your own hair to make a ponytail" methodology.  Even when I had it waist-length to try to create some extra footage - it just immediately unfurls (first world problems I know, lol.  "My hair is just sooooooo thick and long...").  (It actually is irritating because on the rare occasions I go to a hairdresser instead of doing my own, said new hairdresser invariably finishes up with "Should've booked two time slots," which I feel pretty sure is code for "paying for two time slots".)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

First of all, I wouldn't be surprised if Sierra was pregnant again -- pregnancy hormones do a lot for hair.

The hair thing is another Gothard inconsistency. He has a thing for Victorian styles and norms, but it was never a norm for married women to wear their hair long. Only little girls going to parties might have worn their hair long and unbound. Busy girls wore their hair in braids, and all married women wore their hair up. Gothard doesn't like women, either; he likes girls. I'm really surprised that there isn't a wisdom book teaching that married women should wear their hair up, and only wear it down in the privacy of their homes for the pleasure of their husbands.

Yeah, but that would have blocked Bill G. from indulging in his fantasy of being TOTALLY surrounded by barefoot young lovelies crowned with the curly stuff.  Just squint and MeChelle and all those other old long-locked women look like young curly-haired girls too. That may have been his "thinking." (And I'm not even kidding. It's his version of the thousand virgins.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa, her sisters and Michelle take pride in their long hair. If they put it up no one would know how long it is. 

That is why in every single photo they make sure to throw their Gothard Approved Banana Curls in front of their chests. To be certain we see their godly length of hair.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is Jessa exactly 2 months ago at another get together with Sierra. She's definitely fuller. 

Her hair actually looks a bit shorter in the more recent picture than it did then. Or maybe it's just that she pulled it all forward in this picture where most of it is down her back in the new one. Sierra's hair has grown a bit since then as well.

I don't see Jessa's looking any heavier than she did either...her hair covers more of her face in the older picture, so it might look a little fuller here, but going feature by feature, head to toe, she looks about the same to me.

• Love 10

I don't why everyone assumes Jana is actually raising the young Seewalds. Jessa has posted a large number of videos of her with her kids while they play with each other and look happy. There have been a few photos of her boys at TTH, but hardly enough to warrant that Jessa leaves them there most of the time by themselves with Jana and Laura. 

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

I can't figure out what's going on in these pics. What the fresh hell is going on with sierra's jeans at the bottom? Did she get a bedazzler? Taco girl....you look ridiculous. Jessa, in the bottom pic, you look like a frumpy slob. Fix yourself.

• Love 2
On 23/09/2018 at 12:15 PM, Lunera said:

Jessa’s hair is turning into Michelle’s.  Fried rats nest. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures 

Not understanding those car seats. What are they strapped too? It's as if the seats are part of the car rather than sitting on, and strapped to, the mini van seats. 

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Must have been Jessa’s too. That emoji is hers, I didn’t add it!

I took that more as faux-disingenuity on her part, though.  It would be sadder if she hasn't noticed or worked it out; but maybe they've been told the "rule" is to be eighteen, or something, Jana and John-David are too "busy", etc.  I myself feel like "as Jessa", there's no way Jessa didn't know this because there's no way non-courting headstrong Jessa didn't want her own freedom on Instagram, etc.; but we all know how important maintaining "the Duggar brand" is to Jessa, so I see it as perfectly congruent that she'd lie.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

I took that more as faux-disingenuity on her part, though.  It would be sadder if she hasn't noticed or worked it out; but maybe they've been told the "rule" is to be eighteen, or something, Jana and John-David are too "busy", etc.  I myself feel like "as Jessa", there's no way Jessa didn't know this because there's no way non-courting headstrong Jessa didn't want her own freedom on Instagram, etc.; but we all know how important maintaining "the Duggar brand" is to Jessa, so I see it as perfectly congruent that she'd lie.

Isn’t lying a sin?

• Love 6
On 10/1/2018 at 4:39 AM, GeeGolly said:

Not understanding those car seats. What are they strapped too? It's as if the seats are part of the car rather than sitting on, and strapped to, the mini van seats. 

They seat belt from the car goes behind the seat and holds it in. That way, if you're in the car without a child in it, and you slam on the brakes, the seat doesn't go flying because it's empty. When you put they child in it, the straps on the car seat hold them in. Although it does looks strange the way she's got them with all the pumpkins. 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Love 3