Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

With a wife and a baby, hell yes he should be. That's such a great analysis. He has a worldview as realistic as an eight year-old's.

Either Ben is a raging pothead or he has severe, severe allergies combined with severe, severe stupidity.

I'm not saying I disagree and being that God made the flowers and the trees along with the weeds well there's justification right there for partaking in the glory of the Almighty's creation is what Ben may be thinking (and Derrick). Just speculation...it may even be used an excuse to bring them closer to Jesus.  

• Love 4

Welcome & thank you for sharing. From what I've read or seen, most adoptive families keep some form of their child's heritage in their lives. Even on a rerun of the Little Couple this morning, Bill was showing the kids on a globe where they had flown to get them. I don't think Benessa would ever do anything in reference to their child's heritage besides "we are so lucky that Aunt Jill & Uncle Derick found you for us." Then I see that more in reverse. Jill acting like Mother Theresa that she found a child for them.

The globe would be a huge problem for jessa blessa and binjermin. First of all, their world is flat, so there's that. Second, they would be required to locate the kid's country of origin. Third, they just didn't know there are SO MANY COUNTRIES!! All the lines and the blue stuff on a globe? Who can figure all that out?

You can see the dilemma.

Eta to add reason three.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4

I'm not saying I disagree and being that God made the flowers and the trees along with the weeds well there's justification right there for partaking in the glory of the Almighty's creation is what Ben may be thinking (and Derrick). Just speculation...it may even be used an excuse to bring them closer to Jesus.  

Now that is some fan fic I'd read the hell out of!

"Bangs for today's selfie or no bangs today? What time does Starbucks open? Which depressing hell, fire, and damnation scripture should I post for the sinful unbelievers today? Hey, Bin, how do we spell our baby's name? Life as a Christian is so hard."

You forgot the manicures, pedicures and fashions for Spurgie ("Oh, I know, today I'll dress him like a Christmas ornament!")

screenshot-xfinitytv.comcast.net-2016-03

• Love 3

That picture set up for Spurgie had potential to be very cute. Something went wrong though. I think it was his snowsuit.

At least they tried. Not sure if Michelle knows which kid is which at this point.

• Love 1

That picture set up for Spurgie had potential to be very cute. Something went wrong though. I think it was his snowsuit.At least they tried. Not sure if Michelle knows which kid is which at this point.

I agree. The background the baby was lying on could have been beautiful with a swaddled newborn and a professional photographer. The snowsuit, however, caused a huge fail. The Duggars really have no class or taste at all, for anything.

• Love 3

That picture set up for Spurgie had potential to be very cute. Something went wrong though. I think it was his snowsuit.

At least they tried. Not sure if Michelle knows which kid is which at this point.

I think the pic is a Pinterest fail.

• Love 6

I had to laugh at the Spurgie twinkle light photo. It looked like something Kanye West would have dreamed up with his love of  neutrals and all. The only difference would be West would have spent hours arranging the lights, hired an art photographer and then photo shopped the heck out of it. The results would have been similar.  

• Love 5

I agree. The background the baby was lying on could have been beautiful with a swaddled newborn and a professional photographer. The snowsuit, however, caused a huge fail. The Duggars really have no class or taste at all, for anything.

I like this idea.

I think that the problem with the photo is composition. The subject of this photo is supposed to be the baby, but we see the M kid, the tile floor, the cushion, some misc heads and shoulders, etc. If you trimmed all that out, it would probably be a nice photo -- although I think that the swaddling would have looked better than the snowsuit.

If Jinger does have any talent as a photographer -- and I can't really say either way given the small sample that we've seen -- she needs to get some training. Of course in Duggar-world she has already received plenty of training (maybe she saw someone take photos when they were on one of their trips? As I understand it, the Duggars become professionals by watching professionals for 3-4 hours).

I was thinking today that it might actually be an interesting show to watch these kids grow up, if they were ever going to grow up. It might be interesting to watch them explore their interests and grow and develop. It might be fun watching them navigate youthful relationships: first dates, prom nights, etc. It might be interesting to watch them take their first tentative steps into adulthood. This is all pointless speculation, though, since none of this will ever happen.

• Love 6

I was thinking today that it might actually be an interesting show to watch these kids grow up, if they were ever going to grow up. It might be interesting to watch them explore their interests and grow and develop. It might be fun watching them navigate youthful relationships: first dates, prom nights, etc. It might be interesting to watch them take their first tentative steps into adulthood.

So in other words you'd like to watch a show about people who aren't the Duggars and aren't anything like the Duggars!  

• Love 8

I think that the problem with the photo is composition. The subject of this photo is supposed to be the baby, but we see the M kid, the tile floor, the cushion, some misc heads and shoulders, etc. If you trimmed all that out, it would probably be a nice photo -- although I think that the swaddling would have looked better than the snowsuit.

In all fairness, that pic appears to be a screenshot from the episode (Jinger is just visible on the right hand side, holding the camera lens).  Unless they're posted somewhere online, we weren't shown the actual photos that Jinger took. 

I agree that the snowsuit probably wasn't the best choice!

• Love 3

I'm really sick and tired of hearing Jessa say "I have to figure this out" when talking about taking care of her baby!! UGH she has mothered how many of her brothers and sisters already she is not doing on the job training with her own son.

• Love 1

I'm really sick and tired of hearing Jessa say "I have to figure this out" when talking about taking care of her baby!! UGH she has mothered how many of her brothers and sisters already she is not doing on the job training with her own son.

Methinks that Jessa has seldom paid much actual attention to anything that she's doing.... Well, maybe makeup application, at times. ...

I expect she paid very little attention to the unsought slate of tending chores she was assigned for kids she didn't care much about. How many people would, in her position? They weren't her kids, and she was not just a teen but a child through much of it. She may not have been informed that her childhood was being eaten by chores she shouldn't have been doing, but I'm sure she felt that inside, however obscurely. And she had no teacher or model, except for MessedUpChelle, who rode on parade floats with babies stuck under her Breast Friend.   ....

Plus, I don't get the sense that Jessa does much of anything even now with thought and attention or really tries to learn much of anything. All that childcare experience probably went by in a complete blur. Spurge may be almost a brand new thing to her.

• Love 6

I specifically remember the episode where Jill's buddies were highlighted and the sad faces they had at the thought of her leaving to marry Derrickdillard. Did they ever mention Jessas buddies on the show? I think Jana and Jill had "hearts for children"; Blessa not so much.

Wasn't she the one packing for everyone and playing at teaching?

This is likely all new to her.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 6

What the hell is Bin doing in that video for the Dullards? He has his 'gangster' face on and he is swinging his body around like he is going to punch someone.. Is he the new Vanilla Ice ice baby? I'm embarrassed for him. Oh Jessa, your man/child should be in his room practicing this shit in front of a mirror.

With that said, Rap has a beat. They are that iceberg breaking away from the Antarctic... slowly floating away.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7

I specifically remember the episode where Jill's buddies were highlighted and the sad faces they had at the thought of her leaving to marry Derrickdillard. Did they ever mention Jessas buddies on the show? I think Jana and Jill had "hearts for children"; Blessa not so much.

Wasn't she the one packing for everyone and playing at teaching?

This is likely all new to her.

Jessa took Justin and Jordyn to Wally World with her and Ben when they set up their wedding registry. Big whoop.

That's the only time her buddy team was ever acknowledged on the show.

• Love 4

Could this be evidence of Satan building a secret fortress in their hearts even as we speak?? Music with a beat sounds dangerously defrauding for the holy Duggars .....

He needs to put his jebus hat on backwards and preach/rap in Compton.. just for shits and giggles.

• Love 11

Jessa took Justin and Jordyn to Wally World with her and Ben when they set up their wedding registry. Big whoop.

That's the only time her buddy team was ever acknowledged on the show.

... and one other time. Jordyn got to announce that Spurgie was a nameless boy.

• Love 5

She also trudged along outside with the photography crew in too big boots in the last episode. But the poor kid looked like a Dickens ragamuffin from a workhouse.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Oh Jessa, your man/child should be in his room practicing this shit in front of a mirror.

Yes!!  That's what I'm talking about!  I remember some baby rapper's mother saying that as a preteen he'd even turn down his friends' blandishments to play in order to sit in his room and compose new rhymes.  Rappers DO practice in front of a mirror, I'm positive of it.  I feel like I've even seen some dudes using reflective surfaces on the subway to work on their game.

• Love 1

Rappers DO practice in front of a mirror, I'm positive of it.  I feel like I've even seen some dudes using reflective surfaces on the subway to work on their game.

I imagine you'd have to. Otherwise, you wouldn't know what impression your movements were putting across. There's a reason dance studios are usually lined with huge mirrors.

However, science indicates that a certain level of advanced intelligence is necessary before animals even recognize themselves in a mirror. Are we sure Bin is up to it? 

• Love 16

If you think about it, neither Jill nor Jessa have cared for a newborn baby.  Michelle was each newborn's buddy until they were passed off around 6 months so she could work on having the next baby.  So - their baby raising experience didn't start until the baby was no longer a newborn.  

• Love 7

If you think about it, neither Jill nor Jessa have cared for a newborn baby. Michelle was each newborn's buddy until they were passed off around 6 months so she could work on having the next baby. So - their baby raising experience didn't start until the baby was no longer a newborn.

I never believed Michelle when she said that.
  • Love 5

He needs to put his jebus hat on backwards and preach/rap in Compton.. just for shits and giggles.

Please, please let this happen!!! I would tune in to that episode in a heartbeat!

• Love 2

Oooooh! Tank top alert! Plus,  based on the visible black strap, Jessa is either wearing a decent nursing bra, or a crappy sports bra. Given what we know, it's probably the latter. I don't think she has the cajones to shop in a real lingerie section, even at Wally World. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDRcybAPErB/?taken-by=tlc

That top looks like cheap polyester in an athletic cut her modesty standards don't allow. Can't her new TV-star makeover do better than that?

• Love 2

Girl needs acting lessons; that is quite possibly the most fake laughing pose ever caught on camera.

Horrible to need acting lessons when what you proclaim and imagine that you're doing is showing people your real life. Can they really not see that they falsify who and what they are all day every day? How the hell this can't be terribly damaging to you I can't imagine. And especially damaging to people who are already as fucked up as the Duggar kids. Sickening.

• Love 5

Argh, I strongly dislike her "eyes closed" for the camera photos, already! "Ok, my eyes are closed. Take the picture, take the picture!" Not to mention an open mouth in a fake guffaw.

Speaking of fake guffaw in open mouth, does Jessa REALLY need to show us her uvula every time she throws back her head and fake laughs?

• Love 5

Speaking of fake guffaw in open mouth, does Jessa REALLY need to show us her uvula every time she throws back her head and fake laughs?

I bet if you asked her that she'd tell Bin to punch you.

Last night on the repeat show they added extra scenes, one was about Spurgeon's nicknames. Poor kid they seem to be calling him everything Quincy, Spur, Spurge, Spurgie and as we already knew, Jessa is wanting to use his middle name, Elliot.   I think Ben is the only one who really like the name Spurgeon.  Jessa said Spurge was going to be so confused because of all his nicknames.     

• Love 2

Last night on the repeat show they added extra scenes, one was about Spurgeon's nicknames. Poor kid they seem to be calling him everything Quincy, Spur, Spurge, Spurgie and as we already knew, Jessa is wanting to use his middle name, Elliot.   I think Ben is the only one who really like the name Spurgeon.  Jessa said Spurge was going to be so confused because of all his nicknames.     

And Jinger said something to the effect of "Calling him his full name has proven to be difficult."  Then in a later scene one of the J boys, Jackson maybe, called him Spursion.

• Love 3

And Jinger said something to the effect of "Calling him his full name has proven to be difficult."  Then in a later scene one of the J boys, Jackson maybe, called him Spursion.

That's hilarious.  Might be worth digging the episode out of my dvr deleted folder, lol.

• Love 2

I never believed Michelle when she said that.

I actually did believe her, and it was still quite a cushy deal. Normal moms of newborns are trying to juggle some combination of work, or at the very least taking care of a house, cooking, cleaning, maybe other kids, etc. When ALL you have to do is sit back and nurse and rock a newborn,  you have a pretty sweet deal.

That top looks like cheap polyester in an athletic cut her modesty standards don't allow. Can't her new TV-star makeover do better than that?

I'm defrauded! Clearly she was trying to maintain her modesty standards with the jacket, but it had slipped all the way off her shoulder!

I'm defrauded! Clearly she was trying to maintain her modesty standards with the jacket, but it had slipped all the way off her shoulder!

And things like that make me curious. Most girls, usually in their teens, begin to experiment with their clothes and dress to complement their body, or even try and dress a little bit sexy.

When Jessa is frozen in time with a picture revealing an area she has purposely hidden for religious reasons for her whole life, is she horrified or kind of happy about it?