Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

My SIL doesn't allow my 13 year-old niece to be on social media, and she's an ebil librul type. I'm just surprised that these conservative Christian parents allow their kids (I've seen some as young as 11) on social media, especially Instagram. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I generally don't discuss appearance other than Michelle's hair but that is just so insane, I can't help it.

Jessa really does have a lot of wrinkles for someone so young. Around her eyes and her mouth. Surprising.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1
(edited)
Jessa really does have a lot of wrinkles for someone so young. Around her eyes and her mouth. Surprising.

They all have to force those wide, toothy smiles all day long, which could explain it. And I suppose it's quite possible that the Duggar girls don't know much about moisturizer or SPF or the dangers of tanning beyond what Michelle knew back in the 80's, which would be very little. It's not like they had a subscription of Cosmo or Elle in the house growing up.

And tbh I can't say I took much interest in the subject before my mid- to late twenties either. Oh the arrogance and ignorance of youth! lol. Luckily for me, the sun isn't terrible strong around here and I don't tan so I escaped mostly unscathed. Jessa, apparently not so much.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 2
(edited)

"You are so awesome! You are really special because you are different."

WTF? She's an identi-twin of every other female Duggar produced by the Clones for Christ factory.

" If you weren't alive, I wouldn't be who I am."

At least we know who to blame...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 11

Okay, I know diddly squat about babies, but all those buttons, collars, and stiff fabrics look super uncomfortable...why not let a baby enjoy onesie life for as long as possible?

At home, I kept my babies in a long sack, which tied below their feet. It was easy to dress and change them. For outings or for a special picture, I would dress them cuter!

• Love 3

Okay, I know diddly squat about babies, but all those buttons, collars, and stiff fabrics look super uncomfortable...why not let a baby enjoy onesie life for as long as possible?

I say, avoid the buttons because not only does it look less than perfectly comfortable and freeing for the kid, it can be a pain for mom to shove the baby into the stiffer outfits and fasten up a bunch of fasteners. .... Benefit of the doubt, though -- these may be fancy-for-the-photograph clothes, and clothes they got as gifts -- because giving the really cute, fashiony clothes is fun for gift givers -- and he may wear simpler stuff most of the time. That's the way most people work it, in my experience anyway.

• Love 7

At home, I kept my babies in a long sack, which tied below their feet. It was easy to dress and change them. For outings or for a special picture, I would dress them cuter!

Exactly.  It was called a gown and came in lots of different colors- 100% cotton - very comfy and so easy for changing a million diapers a day.  I'm hoping these outfits are for photos.  Spurgeon is as cute as an Idaho potato but I hope he doesn't have to stay dressed like that all day. 

He does look like a happy little guy.  Maybe Jessa is taking a more active role as mother than her birth mother.  One can only hope.  

• Love 10

I say, avoid the buttons because not only does it look less than perfectly comfortable and freeing for the kid, it can be a pain for mom to shove the baby into the stiffer outfits and fasten up a bunch of fasteners. .... Benefit of the doubt, though -- these may be fancy-for-the-photograph clothes, and clothes they got as gifts -- because giving the really cute, fashiony clothes is fun for gift givers -- and he may wear simpler stuff most of the time. That's the way most people work it, in my experience anyway.

I've also seen a bunch of clothes like this where the fasteners are decorative and it's more of a pull-on type outfit.  I can't tell if that's the case with whatever he's wearing, but it's possible.

• Love 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbdnU3Dfos/?taken-by=jessaseewald&hl=en

Are Jessa and Ben big Red Sox or David Ortiz fans? That would be the only explanation why a Caucasian girl from Arkansas refers to her husband as Papi.

Maybe that's Jessa's sexy time name for Bin. *goes to prayer closet*

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbjS_HAJoo/

Here is Jessa and The Holy Infant, Spurgeon! In the car, perhaps driving to Starbucks?

How does Jessa maintain s suntan in the dead of winter?

Those $5 Wet n' Wild bronzer compacts from Walmart are a hell of a drug.

It sounds like some kind of standardized test to me. .... Not very appropriate, since I'm thinking he'll never take one.

Whenever I see SES, my mind automatically goes to one of the most legendary rap songs of all time, "It Takes Two" by the prophets Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock:

"Don't smoke buddah, can't stand sess...yes"

*does The W***

• Love 3

Maybe that's Jessa's sexy time name for Bin. *goes to prayer closet*

Those $5 Wet n' Wild bronzer compacts from Walmart are a hell of a drug.

Whenever I see SES, my mind automatically goes to one of the most legendary rap songs of all time, "It Takes Two" by the prophets Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock:

"Don't smoke buddah, can't stand sess...yes"

*does The W***

. Yes! "it takes two" is one of all of my all time favorite dance songs. If I hear it I break out and start dancing. I hear it my head now, I'm dancing lol. On topic, I wonder what Benessa would do if they heard that song?
  • Love 2

Spurgeon and the clothes.  Maybe I was just overly protective or responsible but when my baby was that age I avoided buttons that could be pulled off and swallowed.  Being that JB and Michelle let their kids try to build a house in long dresses and carry tools around a construction zone I suppose buttons on a baby are not even a concern.  They could even be snaps that look like buttons.  Since the clothes are made in his size they're probably safe.

Anyway, the nickname SES.  When I saw it I immediately thought of cesspool.  Spurgeon going from the ocean to a sewer.  Somehow I think the name Spurgeon is growing on him.  He's just Spurgeon now to me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Sleepers, onesies and sacks are made for a baby's body and comfort. Babies don't have necks or waists. When a parent is busy they dress their kids in practical clothing. 

LOL. When I re-read my post I thought ALL parents are busy, except not when you're Jessa or Michelle.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
(edited)

You guys are forgetting that little Spurgeon is a television star.  He must dress for his adoring fans, not for his own personal comfort.  No onesies or sleepers for him!  And I bet Jessa has gotten tons of cute baby outfits from her humpers.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 11

She also lives on her own now, so she SHOULD be forming opinions that may differ from her parents. As Aja noted, it's time for her to do some critical thinking.

One has to wonder if Jessa Blessa has that capability in the first place. Truthfully? I doubt it.

Miss I-Posed-With-An-Automatic-Weapon (let alone her less-than-intellectual comments on Instagram and other social media) does not seem to have a lot happening in the brain box.

• Love 3

The Seewalds have the same problems they had the last time they yapped about adoption: They don't have gainful employment. They're both still under 25. (Bin is still under 21, for that matter.) They're known to belong to a cult which practices corporal punishment for children. And Jessa Blessa was targeted by one Joshley Madison and didn't have one minute of meaningful therapy by a licensed professional or other assistance to deal with the aftermath of molestation. And oh, yeah: Bill Gothard does not approve of adoption. It's laughable that the Duggars are now attempting to rewrite history with that sudden "support" in order to hang on to their TV show, isn't it?

It is hard to imagine that they could make it through the typical social worker home visits if they attempt to adopt from the state. The financial stuff alone would disqualify them in my opinion -- reality show contracts come and go; it's not steady employment complete with benefits like health insurance that is important to have when one wants to embark on raising children. (Well, it's important for anyone not named Jim Boob and J-Chelle Duggar.) Bin is too young to be considered for any adoption for at least a year, and then there's that pesky "can't be pregnant while trying to adopt" issue. Private adoptions cost quite a bit of money. Of course, those costs would be defrayed by the latest PEOPLE MAGAZINE COVER STORY, but we're talking ongoing support. They don't have it.

Considering the fact the State of Arkansas was just embarrassed on a national level re: their foster child "rehoming" issues, it's hard to imagine anyone would be signing off on allowing an adoptable baby within a thirty-mile radius of the Duggar or Seewald households. And did I mention that Bill Gothard disapproves of adoption? I'd love to be the social worker quizzing them on those beliefs and their widely quoted and filmed support of those beliefs.

Imagine the look on Jessa Blessa's face! She'd probably stomp her foot or something, too. Oh, the humanity!

• Love 7

In Arkansas all I thought you had to do was sign a custody transfer and the kid is yours. That's how that State Senator and his wife were able to dump their three adopted daughters after the novelty of helping troubled souls wore off.

As much as it sucks, if Bin and Jessa wanted a baby, there's probably some unwed pregnant teenager who'd think they'd make the bestest parents evah and would sign away her kid, no questions asked.

• Love 10

In Arkansas all I thought you had to do was sign a custody transfer and the kid is yours. That's how that State Senator and his wife were able to dump their three adopted daughters after the novelty of helping troubled souls wore off.

As much as it sucks, if Bin and Jessa wanted a baby, there's probably some unwed pregnant teenager who'd think they'd make the bestest parents evah and would sign away her kid, no questions asked.

The good news is Arkansas actually enacted a ban on that sign-over-the-kid process last year. Who knows how aggressively they'll enforce that, but they knew they needed a CYA government action, so I'm sure they're a bit leery now.

And while big names tend to be the ones who get to take advantage of loopholes and looking the other way most of the time, I expect that Arkansas might apply a little extra scrutiny right at the moment to media figures who try to get around the rules. The possibility for more negative nationwide media coverage would be kinda high so soon after the legislator's crap. .... Luckily for Arkansas kids.

• Love 7

The Seewalds have the same problems they had the last time they yapped about adoption: They don't have gainful employment. They're both still under 25. (Bin is still under 21, for that matter.) They're known to belong to a cult which practices corporal punishment for children. And Jessa Blessa was targeted by one Joshley Madison and didn't have one minute of meaningful therapy by a licensed professional or other assistance to deal with the aftermath of molestation. And oh, yeah: Bill Gothard does not approve of adoption. It's laughable that the Duggars are now attempting to rewrite history with that sudden "support" in order to hang on to their TV show, isn't it?

It is hard to imagine that they could make it through the typical social worker home visits if they attempt to adopt from the state. The financial stuff alone would disqualify them in my opinion -- reality show contracts come and go; it's not steady employment complete with benefits like health insurance that is important to have when one wants to embark on raising children. (Well, it's important for anyone not named Jim Boob and J-Chelle Duggar.) Bin is too young to be considered for any adoption for at least a year, and then there's that pesky "can't be pregnant while trying to adopt" issue. Private adoptions cost quite a bit of money. Of course, those costs would be defrayed by the latest PEOPLE MAGAZINE COVER STORY, but we're talking ongoing support. They don't have it.

Considering the fact the State of Arkansas was just embarrassed on a national level re: their foster child "rehoming" issues, it's hard to imagine anyone would be signing off on allowing an adoptable baby within a thirty-mile radius of the Duggar or Seewald households. And did I mention that Bill Gothard disapproves of adoption? I'd love to be the social worker quizzing them on those beliefs and their widely quoted and filmed support of those beliefs.

Imagine the look on Jessa Blessa's face! She'd probably stomp her foot or something, too. Oh, the humanity!

I agree with this entire post except for a clinician assessing survivors of molestation as being unfit to parent.

• Love 2

I agree with this entire post except for a clinician assessing survivors of molestation as being unfit to parent.

IMHO of course. I am not a therapist.

Jessa Blessa thinks nothing bad happened, it was all "over the clothes", bla bla bla. The child in question would also be told that Uncle Joshley Madison was "forgiven" and therefore nothing bad happened.

Here's a dumb question: Knowing what we know about the Duggars and their statements that molestation is no big deal, would this be a healthy environment for any child to grow up in?

• Love 2

Here's a dumb question: Knowing what we know about the Duggars and their statements that molestation is no big deal, would this be a healthy environment for any child to grow up in?

I wouldn't even spend the night at any of these people' houses.

• Love 8

The following words of wisdom are not to my credit.  I wouldn't be the same if they were.  

Hey Jessa! It would mean so much to me if you noticed me. You are so kind and really pretty! I think that you are a good mother, wife, daughter, and christen. I hope that you you read this because I am the #1 Jessa Seewald fan. How is Spurgeon doing? He is so cute! I hope that Ben is doing good. He seems really nice to you. I am just letting you know your family is in my prayers. I love you so much! You are also pretty inside and out! You are so awesome! You are really special because you are different. If you weren't alive, I wouldn't be who I am. I just hope that you respond to this and again, I love you! ~

My favorite parts: christian spelled incorrectly, but ok.  I hope that Ben is doing good. He SEEMS really nice to you. If you weren't alive I wouldn't be who I am

Are you sure you didn't forget something?  Like:

"I love you so much I am going to keep your head at the very top of my chest freezer and only take it out for the most special events"

• Love 17
(edited)

Is Jessa wearing Tieks in this photo? Or Tiek knock offs?

Tieks, Classic, Chestnut $175.

Who knows? But I've got a pair of flats that looks exactly like that. And they didn't cost me no 175 bucks. Or 75 bucks.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I like the comments on this page - there is a whole big side convo going on. Someone mentions how she used to scream along to "a band called Hole." Yeah. I hope some of these isolated little darlings look into that. (I liked Hole, too, and have been saddened to watch Courtney devolve.)

• Love 3

Are you sure you didn't forget something?  Like:

"I love you so much I am going to keep your head at the very top of my chest freezer and only take it out for the most special events"

That was my thought too. Very creepy.

It's nice to be a fan but some people are a bit unstable...

• Love 4
(edited)

Then every baseball fan, sports broadcaster, ESPN employee, etc. has been pronouncing David Ortiz's nickname, Big Papi, wrong for the last twenty years. 

Oops! 

I wasn't talking about the pronunciation.  I was commenting on the less-than-stellar spelling "skillz", especially on social media.  But please, do go on.

Edited by Lemur

Jessa and Ben try so hard to be cool and trendy. Really, just stop. It looks foolish.

They've been so so so indoctrinated to be followers though (even though their families portray it as training them to be strong rebels) that I think that going with trends, either fundie trends or overall social trends, is pretty much all they're capable of doing. It's wonderfully ironic, I think, given how they think of themselves.

• Love 5

Another mom here who rarely dressed her little boy in adult-type clothes except for special occasions, and even then, hardly ever. No turtlenecks (because I hated trying to squish his little head through the thing).  Nothing with decals on the front (because they are scratchy when rubbed against the skin).  No buttons, just in case one fell off.  This smacks a little bit of Jessa wanting to play dress-up with her new doll, IMO, and Instagram the results.

• Love 8

At least Jessa seems to be enjoying him. He is getting attention from his parents. Considering how jessa was raised...she is making some progress.

The clothes look uncomfortable to me but Jessa will learn...

• Love 4

Jessa and Ben try so hard to be cool and trendy. Really, just stop. It looks foolish.

The embarrassing thing about it is they're like ten years behind the curve and they don't even know it. Sideways hats and outdated slang. I guess they're the Fundie version of cool kids, but they're a joke in the real world.

• Love 11

I see far more babies dresses like Spurge than like Sweet Pea from Popeye in a sack gown or Prince George in smocked one pieces and t strap shoes. I think this is just a modern American thing - cute clothes that don't look like traditional 'baby' clothes, especially in boys. I am wary about buttons and chokeable times myself, but other than that, this is what I see most babies wear.

• Love 1

At least Jessa seems to be enjoying him. He is getting attention from his parents. Considering how jessa was raised...she is making some progress.

Assuming that it's Jessa doing the dressing, photographing and posting,  It's probably Jana, so Jessa doesn't smudge a nail or have to put down her Starbucks cup.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know if Jana is there that much with Jessa.

Michelle needs Jana at her home to take care of the remaining 13 or so children. If Jana is sitting in Jessa's living room, then who the heck is holding down the Duggar house???? Not Michelle? Joy and Jinger only? Michelle NEEDS Jana. Jana isn't allowed that much freedom.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

I hope your right about him getting attention.  But most of the baby pics on my FB feed are more of everyday stuff; a cute bottom in the air sleeping pic, a tummy time pic, a food in the hair pic, etc. And while I do see a few toddler boys in dress shirts they are usually untucked, and I can't recall seeing an infant wear one except for in professional pics.

• Love 1

I don't know if Jana is there that much with Jessa.

Michelle needs Jana at her home to take care of the remaining 13 or so children. If Jana is sitting in Jessa's living room, then who the heck is holding down the Duggar house???? Not Michelle? Joy and Jinger only? Michelle NEEDS Jana. Jana isn't allowed that much freedom.

It looks to me like Jessa is at the TTH a lot, but I agree that Janna is holding down the fort. Jinger is absolutely not a leader, and Joy has recently discovered eyeliner, so back to Jana.

• Love 1

Quite a few of the shirts for boy infants are onesies.  They have a stretch cotton bottom sewn under the shirt part.  I'm not a huge fan of them, but my offspring have been given quite a few as gifts.  They aren't as bad as the tight necked knit onesies. I like the ones with a lapped neckline.  I put all of the tight ones in the bottom of the stack when I did baby laundry. :)  Jessa was probably given a lot of those shirts and may have picked up quite a few in good condition at thrift stores.  So many are given as gifts and then worn only once or twice that they're usually in good condition for resale. 

• Love 5

Josh got a lot of attention too. Not equating him with spurge....but it's the mother, not the miles.

• Love 2

I generally don't discuss appearance other than Michelle's hair but that is just so insane, I can't help it.

Well they have been brought up to constantly maintain a happy countenance, right?  All that mouth and eye smiling takes its toll.

• Love 2

Well they have been brought up to constantly maintain a happy countenance, right?  All that mouth and eye smiling takes its toll.

Gosh, Gothard should have thought of that! But he didn't have to worry because he always had a fresh crop of teen girls to harass. Too young for their "keeping sweet" to have created any wrinkles. Ugh.

• Love 3